[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Me ... I can't even decide....

next week I will have Wook and HS first date in the cave..holding hand together..HS lay her head on Wook shoulder..Wook smiling...

While my bae was smiling like an idiot only fascinating by HS....and then he fall in love...And next week HS will again touch his heart for doing something to help him with the scar, the thing that he feared the most in his life...

maybe for this time I will be the one with no principal at all...I will cheer Wook and HS ...but also rooting for So to be with HS...I don't what I am in this drama...I can't even decide now who I'm going to ship in...can I just ship both ???

LOL welcome to the club. I honestly wish I could clone HS for them. :lol:

About the episode, I loved, loved, LOVED it. It had the perfect balance of WW-HS and WS-HS for me with added bonus of lots of WS. Can we have more such episodes please?

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Layali said:

uneasy in the sense that we might run out of time to see the HS-WS relationship developing in full bloom.uneasy with regards to the time/episode count (that is decreasing) that we don't have on our hands.It's not that I can't tolerate WW-HS.on the contrary,i'm finding it hard to contain my excitement at the way this romance is developing when it isn't the endgame.I'm simply trying to save myself from heartache later.I shall not waver.I shall not....I shall not go down with HS-WW ship.

I tottaly   understand you chingu and i respect your point of view i thought you  were talking bout their scenes  WW-HS's .Nadoo i feeel really  sad knowing they aren't the  endgame specially that WW was  sooo mooving with all his actions towards her  his crying scenes nd how he defended her it hurts the most to know their faith before :tears::tears: that's why  i want to see  their kiss scene nd  romantic moments before she falls  for WS :/....

Ah chingu did  you see the C version?? is WW  will die at  the end nd WS will  die??  nd  WS will he  become  bad person??

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

LOL welcome to the club. I honestly wish I could clone HS for them. :lol:

About the episode, I loved, loved, LOVED it. It had the perfect balance of WW-HS and WS-HS for me with added bonus of lots of WS. Can we have more such episodes please?

Oh please don't clone her....send me instead to goryeo .... I'll be happy end up either with So or Wook to replace HS.... 13

• Like 11

Guest Tinkiebell
10 minutes ago, Gitakawaii said:

I haven't watched the episode but I was just thinking about Haesoo/Go ha Jin situation and how heartbreaking it is to go through all that hardship. She came from modern times and went through difficult times there and gets sucked in all this mess, I can't imagine going through what she's going through or even living in that time. I would miss my family so bad. Despite being surrounded by all the handsome prince and whatnot. 

To be quite honest, I was hoping to see more scenes of her being like a fish out of water in Goryeo. I think they didn't show enough of her unfamiliarity with her new surroundings. But since there are only 20 episodes and a lot of story to be told, I've made peace with that :D 

U5llsz6.gif

With regards the cut she inflicted on herself, could what she's saying be a reason why she's not recorded in history and therefore never an official wife like Ruoxi? 4th Prince in the c-version did not make Ruoxi official because he would only be allotted a certain time to spend with her and it would be based on a pick and mix basis that he could not interfere with so as to make it fair to all his wives and concubines. Therefore he never gave Ruoxi an official title so he could come and go as he pleased. 

I can't imagine Wang So having the same difficulties. We know he will have at least one wife so is the pretext of the scar a premonition of things to come? ''I cannot become a Kings wife''. What's he going to do with her. You just know Yeon Hwa will bring up the scar if he does try and marry her.

Back to todays episode. I would be lying if I said the love line between Hae Soo and Wang Wook didn't sway me just a smidgen. Aigoo.... that scene where he leans in close, takes her hand in his and proceeds to write the characters is just .... bled1-onion-head-emoticon.gif daebak. He doesn't even realise the effect he's having on her while she can't stop staring at him never-mind what he's writing. Hae Soo has great chemistry with both our male leads. That scene was hot in a totally innocent way. I loved it. 

Then you have the scene of the 10th Princes birthday bash she throws for him. She starts to sing and everyone is just MESMERIZED. I can't wait until the subs come out to hear what she was singing. It was so beautifully shot too, and the way Wang So just stared at her..... I don't have words. admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif Plus Yeon Hwa was green with envy which is always a good thing. I can't wait to make gifs of those scenes.. ... Not enough hours in the day. So so many goodies today. 

• Like 18

Just now, kimsunya said:

I tottaly   understand you chingu and i respect your point of view i thought you  were talking bout their scenes  WW-HS's .Nadoo i feeel really  sad knowing they aren't the  endgame specially that WW was  sooo mooving with all his actions towards her  his crying scenes nd how he defended her it hurts the most to know their faith before :tears::tears: that's why  i want to see  their kiss scene nd  romantic moments before she falls  for WS :/....

Ah chingu did  you see the C version?? is WW  will die at  the end nd WS will  die??  nd  WS will he  become  bad person??

Spoiler

If I remember the C-version correctly, the 4th prince couldn't acknowledge Ruoxi publicly even after he became emperor. She was just in the background always, which is why one of the other princes (I think it was the 14th) felt pity for her and asked for her hand in marriage...to get her out of the toxic relationship with the 4th prince. The 4th prince became a tyrant after a while, he punished those who opposed him and sought revenge. It broke Ruoxi's heart to see him like this but she still loved him, as she lay dying she asked her husband to tell the 4th prince but the 4th ignored the letter. I forgot what happened to the 8th prince in the C-version...I think he was also punished for conspiring to get the throne from the 4th prince but I forgot if he was killed.

Please do not open spoilers if you do not want to know the C-version.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, kimsunya said:

No I did not. Couldn't bring myself to watch the C version (what's with the half bald heads?):w00t: I have a thing for Sageuks and heroes with their mane of glory  (if my dp isn't proof enough!!)

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, sebnem said:

that mask coming off scenes makes me weak at the knees :D :wub: i just cant help myself  i hope they use their chemistry and write a scene where she pust a small kiss on his eye scar? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE :vicx:

:wub: Oh!! The butterflies!!! :wub:

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Layali said:

No I did not. Couldn't bring myself to watch the C version (what's with the half bald heads?):w00t: 

LOL, I burst into laughter whenever I see the hairdo's (The heroines too..the Korean one although humongous looks somewhat elegant) so I didn't even bother to try and watch the C version. :lol:

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, TeBe said:

I know that WW-HS romance is so smooth and cute right now, but it bothers me that this man almost lost HS to his father and yet he can not do anything about protecting her. She is working hard at the palace and he doesn't seem to be a big help for her to get less work. Like seriously he is a f prince not a royal servant or something . I thought he is more powerful than that concubine or whatever she is.  I know he can not go against to king's command about the punishment. However he is doing very little things to get HS out of her misery . I don't know , he plans every step he takes in his life very carefully and I don't see him as someone reliable to HS. Even when he was asking his mother to stop the marriage, he was really hesitating about talking to his mother about HS in front of the evil Queen. If he was so in love with her he would already have married her, even if it means to forget about the throne.  I bet he is going to leave her heartbroken, if his mother and sister prevented him from getting married to HS and found another rich woman for him . He will tell HS to be understanding and wait longer for him and that he needs power in order to be able to protect her. I am also so disappointed about Wook's mother , she did grant lady Hae 's wish about marrying HS to Wook. It is really a shame to ignore her wish this way, and doesn't seem to care a bit about HS's destiny. I wish that HS and BA would have fallen in love. Both are free spirits, who only are longing for freedom. They would have been an unstoppable couple.

As for the last scene in today's episode, I guess only Wang Yo and 9th prince were making fun of WS's scar. All others didn't want to embarrass him and looked away. Not out of disgust, but out of concern . We see the look of regret in 10th , 14th , CP and 8th and even YH didn't like that Yo planned this to humiliate 4th prince.

About Yo,  that bastard, I don't know why he hates his younger brother this much? It is his beloved hateful  mother that ruined his face. It is not that he did that to his own face himself. Why do they treat him so poorly and insist on making a monster out of WS ?  

I completely agree. I'm loving KHN's portrayal of him but beneath the sweet exterior, WW is actually pretty helpless. There have been multiple times when he could've stepped in to help but he didn't or he didn't have enough courage too. HS is in cloud nine right now and her heart has been damaged before so she is more susceptible to the kindness and sweetness that WW showed her. WS, growing up the way he did, pretty much couldn't care less. He was ready to defy his father as long as HS gave her word when they were trying to help her escape. WS let her go because it was her choice. At that point WS isn't in love with her but he cares because he knows how it feels to have choice taken away from him. That's why when HS does fall for WS, it will be true with no blinders on regardless of the heartache that's going to happen down the road. ^^v.

It was same in the c-version too where ppl were shipping Rou Xi with the 13th prince because they were kindred spirits. However, its precisely that unbreakable bond of friendship between them that made that relationship so much more special than a pair of lovers. They were so alike. She knew how it felt to be in a free world when she was living in the modern world, and he longed to be free away from the shackles of being a prince/royalty. It was a really special bond.

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Oh please don't clone her....send me instead to goryeo .... I'll be happy end up either with So or Wook to replace HS.... 13

:lol: If I knew how to time travel don't you think I would have gone instead to replace HS for one of the two?

Sorry guys..this was supposed to be a multi quote with my last post..dunno what happened.

• Like 10

I think this episode was trying to show us the complexity of So's character. I am not sure if this is a translation issue, but during his conversation with the General, it was mentioned that somehow, since So had learnt to manipulate the Kangs in ShinJoo well, he should stay in Shinjoo where he has more power, rather than in the palace which really belongs to only the crown prince. Therefore it is no longer the case where he is held like a hostage (as he wanted the others in the palace to believe to make them underestimate the power he truly has). 

It revealed to us that So, besides being a wounded animal, is also a cunning character with enough wits and ruthlessness about him to ascend the throne. This for me was my favourite scene and certainly a game changer for his character. 

• Like 20

31 minutes ago, Phuc Nguyen said:

I remember that in the C version it's because Ruoxi didn't want 8th to battle for the throne because she knew he would loose  but he didn't believe her and chose power eventually . But our Wook seems to only have eyes on Soo not the throne :)) and Soo doesnt even know who get the throne anyway 

Sorry to butt in your discussion with @qwenli

Maybe Soo will try stop Wook from getting the throne because she fears Wook will be a ruthless King who kill his own kin. She is suspecting him from the start (kind of interesting to the reason why really. Wook is not known to be brutal nor blood hungry). But Wook still persists because he thinks the only way he can protect, have and marry her is when he becomes a king. Because Soo knows she is the main reason to Wook's ambition, then Soo will leave him so he no longer has the reason to be king and stop. That's why they're breaking up. 

Does it make any sense to you guys for their break up reason?

I taught about it from the ep 2 or 3. He always helpless when it comes to the authority to save Soo and he hates it. He doesn't want his promise to protect her become an empty words. Soo in the other hand doesn't know the right order of the kings and which one among the prince will be the ruthless king. The writer is planning the basic of her doubt in the eps 6. That's why they make Soo suspect Wook not So (who is the more suitable candidate if we see from his background). That is some writing without common sense (I'm sorry for the harsh critics but I've got to say it) but they work hard to pull it off so I put it aside. 

The only thing went wrong from Soo's effort is she runs with Wang So. She probably don't know yet (at that moment in the future) that So is in love with him or haven't change her heart to So yet but he should've known a deep feeling like Wook is trouble to begin with if you walk your way about with another man. Not just any man but a man who clearly have feeling for her, help her countless of time and even beat Wook in the effort to save her many times. She should've known Wook will be beserk because of jelousy and hating So for 'stealing' his girl. 

Thus the history won't change. The fight to the throne will still be a blood bath. Wang So willing to run away with Soo if she wants to but he will not play nice if what Wook's after is not throne only but the girl he loves with all his life and death. The king has the right to marry whom ever he please even if it is against her will. What interesting to me is when it comes to the decision of his offer (to run away) has Soo already know about So's destiny or not? When she does why she's not making him gave up the throne and run away? Is JM is involve in this again? I say he does. 

But this is just a theory and we still got many eps to watch. 

Sorry to intercept your discussion but it is so interesting I couldn't help my self. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 16

I think he feels much closer to Hae Soo with regards to the removal of the mask because she has already seen the scar in the bath.

I feel that he was seeking her support when he looked at her...just my opinion!

Many thanks to the recappers by the way...you guys are daebak! 

• Like 14