[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

a lot of people are complaining about how WS didn't do anything at the moment when she scarred herself. or how his scenes are very limited or even questioning a lot of his actions - I for one, love the tiny bit of WS that we are seeing. It definitely showcases the beautiful, slow, and love development between WS & HS. 

Right now, it's WW & HS's arch - their undeniable love for each other but for me, I'm not convinced by their love. Maybe it's too hastily or maybe it's the fact that WW is going so heads on about it. 

For me, what this episode showcase is a lot of moments of how WS is always staring and lingering at HS. It's around this moment that he is probably questioning most of his actions or thoughts toward her. He was the fearless, action packed, scary wolf dog that people were fearful about but here is a girl, who showcase what it's like for him to receiving care and possible love. Right now, his actions may seem EHHH to some of you but keep in mind, he has never come across someone like her. Someone that doesn't fear, someone who HASN'T said a word about his scar being "ugly", someone who has told him to make sure to eat & sleep well. 

The drama is doing an amazing job showcasing the little bits and pieces of this slow love development between WS & HS. Eventually, they will be the main OTP but it won't happen without the hardship and struggles along the way. WW is having his moment but what I don't view him as patiently sticking with her for so long is the fact that he is so noble. HS has to be on her toes with him, she isn't her bubbly, straightforward, witty self around him. That's because she is trying so hard to match with him so bad. I think that will be the major fault in their little love fest. 

With WS, she is as herself as back then. She doesn't fear of what he thinks of her because he doesn't care. He wouldn't judge or think anything less of her. That's because of the pain and suffering he has endured. I can't wait to see more of this to unfold. I have been on the ship for WS & HS since the first episode - & right now, it's WW's arch. I can understand WS's limited scenes. But when it's WS's ARCH time, I can't wait! 

Sorry for the long post! 

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, heartforkdrama said:

I think You are wright, this was her way to get /create a scar. She know that the King wife must be perfect Lady and this is the simplest metod besides just suicide. She is smart girl and she want's to return to her times and make her life better.

I think HS has so much will to live that this act show her strong will to live a life that she let her live as she wants to measure the current situation and perhaps even for the safety WS will make Her his personal servant.

Beyond today's episode it seems to me (I don't know/see C version) that WS will die in his era (pictures where the blood flows from his mouth) and when HS will  get back to 21th century I bet that She will be saved from drownin by present time WS :)

Even the King told her she is braver than a man - if he liked it or not - he must admit that HS was smart and brave. Just a try to kill herself... she could do that before... but it was to let anybody see - and even it was a risk  - it was never her plan to die.

It needs a strong will to live to find a way to fit in another time and deal with all kind of stuff - learned a lot - she never thought she will need in all her life.

And she made it very clear again and again.... Is it a sin if you wish to live?!

She wish to live. I still believe that this sentence moved Wang So very much... because after what happend to him that can be the line of his Life. He is still alive - even he became the shame for his Mother - the Queen.

I don´t think WS will die - but I fear a few other characters.

WS was King for many years.... So he will not die looking that young and great. But for sure he will get injured later.  (tried to killed?)

• Like 16

Now I'll be the devil's advocate!

sh_ep3_1b.jpg?w=605&h=313

Let's give a little credit to the Queen Yoo. She's very proud of herself, she likes to shine and has no love in her heart. I don't think she really loves Wang Yo, either Wang Jeung. She loves their beauty in which she sees her own beauty reflected.

I want to see what she will do when Wang Yo will not be next to her to make her feel glowing. She likes to look down on others and her soul is full of hatred and jealousy... she hurt her child and then she despised him for her mistake... but she gave birth to the prince that stole our hearts, and if she would not have sent him away to forget her mistake, maybe now we'd be talking about So Yoo couple.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, minmar said:

I don't see any beta wolf in the portrayal of Wang So.  He may want his mom's love but even Alpha males want that.  Yes, wolves are pack animals and certainly Wang So wants a pack ...but he wants his own.  In nature a pack with too many dominant alpha males in it  means at some point there will either be a fight for dominance or a splitting of the pack.. fights for dominance are most common when the Alpha is aging and no longer successful in guarding the females for his personal cultivation. But many strong males in one pack pose even more problems and since they can't all be alpha to the pack most leave to start their own.   Wang So has no intention of leaving. He told his mom he would be in her face... and for the moment he won't challenge the alpha for dominance  He's operating on his own for now but not for long.

Well, I can understand why you see Wang So differently as he has proved his martial skills but I see him as a beta, because he is the prince with the lowest status. His life depends on the support of clans. However, his father dislikes him and his mother rejects him as well. Furthermore his adoptive family has always seen him as hostage so that it is clear that he has no support at all. As such, it is not possible to try to win the throne if you're on your own. Here, it is not possible in my opinion to compare him to a wolf because his only strength is not enough to impose himself. For me, Wang So is right now not aiming at the throne... he just wants to survive and be part of his family.  

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, I can understand why you see Wang So differently as he has proved his martial skills but I see him as a beta, because he is the prince with the lowest status. His life depends on the support of clans. However, his father dislikes him and his mother rejects him as well. Furthermore his adoptive family has always seen him as hostage so that it is clear that he has no support at all. As such, it is not possible to try to win the throne if you're on your own. Here, it is not possible in my opinion to compare him to a wolf because his only strength is not enough to impose himself. For me, Wang So is right now not aiming at the throne... he just wants to survive and be part of his family.  

You know - I see him as a Alpha was was treated for his whole life as a Beta... but he still has the qualities of an Alpha and he will soon act more and more like it.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, valsava said:

@Mau_Cherry In the beginning it seems that WY was very protective of his brother when we see how the mom cut his face WY shouted out for him.. I like to think him seeing his mom behave this way made him fear her and then watching how she threw him away after harming him what did she do to WY to make him do her bidding did she use threats on him clearly the child had to be afraid of her.. Now she will use WY to go against WS  sad how both children have become victims of mom rage and greed for the throne.. She has to put WY on the throne because he's the onlyone that would do as she says but in WS case it's different the wounds are to deep and she has rejected him time and time again..

I think it was Mo that was with So when his face was scarred not WY.

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

It is an adaption  meaning that it is going to be like BBJX with certain events like the princes etc but they change it to fit their history and culture. So some scenes are like BBJX but there are new scenes that are created to fit in with korean history. Its not fully like BBJX but the main idea is from BBJX. hope you get what I'm trying to say

thank  you chinnngu , the only reasson  i asked this   ffor is that Ruoxi had a kiss scenne with the 8th prinnce  nd they  had some  romantic  momennts together so will  Han soo have these scenes  with the  prince  8th  ?? Nd conserning the ending   are  they gonna  adopt  the C version too???

• Like 6

Okay so I may be making multiple one line posts as I see the raw so bear with me chingudeul! I can't help but be vocal tonight.

So just how much power does Yeonhwa have........I'm like gritting my teeth coz she seems to be more in command than her own brother, So, all the younger ones even :angry: Like why would those guards seem like they heed her more than the princes! I mean they didnt even make a proper getaway with HS before being caught. How come YH gets to question/reprimand Wook on his stunt.....frustrating.

• Like 10

hello My Scarlet Heart Ally

how is life with u all ?

Scarlet heart is my very first Korean historical drama to fell in love with so deeply & It's MY FIRST KOREAN MELODRAMA to watch xD

I hate melodramas ! why ? because my life is full enough with dramas x'D

anyway , am going to join you from time to another time & share comments with u

specially about sooso OTP <3

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

You know - I see him as a Alpha that was treated for his whole life as a Beta... but he still has the qualities of an Alpha and he will soon act more and more like it.

Sure, there is something true in it. Yet all this comes from his bad experiences: the scar, the rejection and his situation as hostage. His strong will to survive forged him to overcome all this. I would like to add that I am not using the 4th prince from the novel or Chinese version who was described as calculating and really thoughful. Wang So appears here differently: more emotional, but also smart, strongwilled and strong enough to know what to do in crisis.  

• Like 11

i can't stop thinking why they didn't make any contact between 4th prince and hs when she enter in the palace .....what she just ignore him ???? aaaa this scene i don't like it 

but i like the hourse scene and when she cut her hand ...it was epic :) i hope tomorow i see more HS+sexy bad 4th prince 

sorry for my bad english .

• Like 9

I read all your recaps. Thank you for that. :wub:

And now I'm hesitant to watch this episode. I know I won't like it. It's not what we anticipated at all. That was a sweet dream of them running away together but what do we have now? King Taejo acceded to a marriage with Hae Soo and fully planned on going through with it until she scarred herself (and that's what I think she did rather than a suicide attempt). We built up this episode with our expectations, that now it seems strange to watch a different version - or I should say the true version. I'm gutted she had to go through all that. But I am delighted Wook and So were there for her begging the King no less to stop the marriage. It seems like it was no big deal to do so in the end, he granted the family land. I think Taejo was being greedy this time. He didn't have to have her in marriage at all and when he saw his sons begging he was not in the least swayed until she marked herself. How could he have let it go that far? And then to want her to be demoted to a slave?? Thank God for the astronomer - at least he chimed in with her being a palace maid. Where was the evil Queen in all this?? Quietly sipping tea. I suppose she's given up at this stage trying to interfere in his many marriages. Bit disappointing. She could have created more of a fuss. Certainly, Wook's mother should have remembered Lady Hae's dying wish. But I suppose she was relieved to have it taken out of her hands. Coward. She just likes to fly under the radar, and not make a scene if she can help it. 

Time to put my big girl pants on now and watch it. cruch-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Neng Erlina said:

Btw, anyone could give the link where I could read about the reign of the 4th Prince? I read it on wiki, but I did not find about the fact that he killed his siblings. In one of the interview, I think it was for Cosmo the one who played 3rd Prince said that he got imprisoned for his doing.

I have also been trying to find out where it says that he killed his brothers.  The only example of family killing that I read of was his nephews, son of Mo and son of Yo for revolts. So does that mean HS is really bad at history or that she ends up changing history thereby saving the princes?

• Like 10

6 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

@solelylurking

Honestly, noone is hating Wang Wook here, but yes, some of us (like me) criticised him. However just by doing this doesn't mean that we hate him. From critic to hate, there is a huge gap. Furthermore the world is not just black and white, just like Wang So. The latter might have been neglected and abused, yet he can be a dangerous and violent man. So Wang Wook might be a nice and well-mannered person, yet he is not that good either. 

The main reproach has been that he is too passive, when it comes to Hae Soo. People mentioned that the origin of his passivitiy is that he has much more responsabilities than Wang So, who was never been raised like him and has no family. Wang So has always been apart from social conventions, nonetheless this point doesn't justify Wang Wook's passivity, since we saw that Wang Wook can be decisive and very quick by making decisions. Let me give you one example:

When the king asked the princes about dethroning Mu, Wang Wook was the first to react and he was followed by the others. They were all put under pressure, he needed to think quickly and make sure that his family is safe. He was able to handle the situation pretty well. Later in the episode 4, when they were before the king again, Wang So confessed that he was the one who killed the monks and destroyed the temple.

What Wang So did was really dangerous, but Wang Wook supported Wang So by justifying Wang So's actions. As we can observe, Wang Wook has learnt to deal with pressure and to keep his family safe. So in my opinion, his situation doesn't justify his behaviour. Now back the main reproach: his passivity towards Hae Soo. He didn't stop the whipping, he didn't interrupt Baek Ah, when the latter was yelling at Hae Soo. He could have intervened here too by saying that he was the main culprit, but he never did. But in my opinion, he is not just passive towards Hae Soo, but also towards lady Hae. For the whole time he had been married, he never said anything about his feelings towards her so that lady Hae always thought, he never loved her. We all know, he did, even if it was a different love. His passivity is even more visible, when the prince wanted to tell his wife that he did love her, but he was stopped just before she died.

He accepted her decision, which he will regret later. As conclusion, he was also passive towards lady Hae. From my point of view, when it comes to love, Wang Wook is like paralysed. The other reason why I said, he is a nice guy, but not necessarly a good person is because he promised a lot of things to Hae Soo, but he was never able to keep his promises. He told her, she would never be treated like this again, yet we know, this is not true as he is unable to stop the arranged marriage. Lady Hae pushed him towards Hae Soo and he knew that therefore he wrote Hae Soo a poem and asked for an answer. She asked him to take a second wife, but he refused as he was afraid of it. Wang Wook is very intelligent, when it comes to survive at the court but when it comes to love, he is completely overwhelmed by his feelings so that he is scared of these. MAybe this can be explained by this way: he feels he is not controlling the situation or the relationship, when it comes to love. Therefore he keeps his feelings to himself so that the other has no idea that she has so much power over him. From my point of view, he would have kept Hae Soo like that, secure her feelings for him and nothing else in return, if lady Hae hadn't died. Wang So is the opposite: his feelings are what pushes him to act or react. He killed all these monks out of love for his mother, but it was a really dangerous move because he could have been blamed for the assassination of the Crown Prince. 

Chingu thanks you for writing all of Wang Wooks faults concerning his feeling for others. I agree wanting to protect your family is honorable but it should not be at the expense of somone else's life or wants. Wang Wook acts like a "NICE GUY" only for show in my oppinion. He has lots of sides to his personality ( ambiton for the thorne and arrogance and Kindness). He has never let anyone see his arrogant and ambitious side but only his kindness. I think his kidness is a way to attract alies to his plan of becoming emporror. If everyone sees his good deeds, the way he treats his servants and his kindness for his brothers is a good way for him build his allies. Evan now he still doesn't have any true alies except for his brothers.  One thing I am positive is that he doesn't like Wang So and he considers him competition for Hae Soo's affection. He also thinks Wang So is not a person but someone he could get as an ally but not as a brother. I think Wang Wook will one day show Hae Soo the real HATE he has for Wang So , then she will lose respect for him once and for all. 

• Like 12

I havent watched the ep yet. But I dont think princess Yeonhwa arrange heasoo s marriage with the king, to be her stepmother. No. Hae clan is lady hae s side of the family and thats where haesoo belongs. So after the death of the lady hae, haesoo is not related to wooks family at all. It looks like hae clans elders wanted to use the orphan haesoo for their advantage, with a businessarrangement marriage with the king. Yeonhwa would never want haesoo in the palace, because thats where she wants to enter herself. 

Thanks for recaps. You guys are life and sanity savers. 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, littleloony said:

Okay so I may be making multiple one line posts as I see the raw so bear with me chingudeul! I can't help but be vocal tonight.

So just how much power does Yeonhwa have........I'm like gritting my teeth coz she seems to be more in command than her own brother, So, all the younger ones even :angry: Like why would those guards seem like they heed her more than the princes! I mean they didnt even make a proper getaway with HS before being caught. How come YH gets to question/reprimand Wook on his stunt.....frustrating.

This is a good question. It looks like Yeon Hwa has much more power than her brother. Maybe because she's is in the good graces of His Majesty's. It seems like in the past, Wang Wook has made a mistake and he pissed off the king. We don't now. As you have seen it seems the mistress of the house of Wang Wook is Yeon Hwa.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, littleloony said:

Hi @Immortal_Angel can I ask you for some clarification on the chinese drama's plot and also the original novel if you have read it? From what I gathered....Ruoxi knew her history well and so knew that 4th prince would eventually wipe out his brothers to take the throne, which means the 8th prince would be killed. When she fell in love with him she tried to alter 8th's historical fate by a) asking him to forego the ambition to get the throne and when that did not work b.) telling him to be wary of 4th. What was her relation status with the 4th prince at this time? I mean did she like him as a friend or he liked her? If not then just why did she shift towards liking/loving the 4th later on? Had she ever said anything to 4th prince that might have directly altered history, like say not to fight for the throne etc?

My point of all these questions is that in the spoiler you have highlighted about 13th and 4th's relation.....so it seems that ultimately it is not Ruoxi but concern about 13th's well being and his deep bond with him actually spurred 4th to compete for the throne and take revenge against all those who had harmed 13th (like the 8th prince). Can it be interpreted like this or is it not so simple?

Spoiler

It's been a while so I might not remember correctly so please if I got something wrong just chip in ^_^ So in the cversion, Ruoxi knew her history quite well even when she was called to face the king, she knew who he was and what he did in his life to get to the throne. When she met the princes, at first it didn't hit her but when they were all sitting talking and laughing, she had a flash in her mind of the outcome of all the princes and what they will suffer at the end. The time she spent with 8th she liked him and didn't want what would happen to him so she tried to change his fate. (To me, when I was watching, i felt that if she thought if she can change 8th fate, she can change all of theirs from theirs but it didn't). Her relationship with 4th at that time was mutual, she would avoid him because she knows he would be the future king and that he is the ultimate winner at the end of the fight for the throne, but because of that he would find her interesting and would find chances to talk to her even if its just to pissed her off. He couldn't help himself from falling in love with her and he's the type that do not let his emotions control him but with her he let his guard down. When Ruoxi broke off with 8th, she knew her only way to survive within the walls of the palace is to side with 4th in which in the beginning she side for survival but that's when she let her guard down and fell for him. When she warn 8th to be aware of 4th, she didn't think that because of her words, it was what cause the history to take its course. Worst was she gave 8th a list of names he should be aware of. She warned 8th was because she loved him but then she loved herself knowing that if she picked 8th and if history was corrected, he will fall and his whole family will too so it was a risk for her to picked 8th that was when she asked him to pick between the throne or her. He worked to hard to get where he is in so giving it up is a big no so she left him. 

I believed Ruoxi never said anything to 4th that changed anything cause she knows in the end he is the one that would win. She tried to stop him from setting out to get ones that conspire against him but he never did stop. She would know that as king he has to make certain decision that not all would agree on in which drive a wedge in between them. What got her tired of the palace at the end was when after she miscarriage and 4th blamed 8th wife, making her divorce 8th and she commit suicide, and 8th said she did nothing wrong why did she ended up with this fate. thats when Ruoxi realized not even she can change 4th ways so she wanted to live her days out in a peaceful way and she knew only 14th has a way to help her. 4th and 13th got alot cause they never wanted to fight for the throne and live carefree so they got along. 13 was the only one that was willingly standing at his side for a long time.

In the beginning 4th never had any intention on fighting for the throne but with Ruoxi warning, 8th and his gang (in which 9th was involve) set a trap to get rid of 4th but 13th instead step into the trap and was place under house arrest for more than 10 years by the king (Kangxi). Ruoxi tried to plead with the king 3 days and 3 nights even 14th tried an the only thing that the king did was allow the person 13th love to be under house arrest with him. Ruoxi then was punished to be maid in the laundry service in which took a toll in her health before she was able to be back serving the king. During the 10 years, 4th was getting angry with the other princes faction but because of this, Ruoxi and 4th begin falling in love. After he was king they butt head often about his ways of dealing with the people against him. And later when 8th wife told her because of her warning against 4th, that's when Ruoxi realized even though step by step she tried not to interfere with history, because of her it happened. After losing her child, and 8th wife suicide, and her cannot bear anymore children, she told 4th and 13th because of her it happen. Because she was the one that told 8th to be wary of 4th thats why 8th singled out 4th and attack him and the people around him she told him to hate her treat her like an enemy and lash out on her but he wouldn't. So that's when she decided to leave so she told 13th to tell 14th "okay" to what he wanted which was to let him marry her as his concubine but 8th knew that 4th wouldnt let her go so he went and told 4th of their love story which pissed 4th and he pushed Ruoxi away. She then became 14th concubine but because of her hardship her health took a toll and when she wrote a letter to 4th, and 14th saw it, he saw how her brush stroke was exactly like 4th. It shows how much she loves him to the point that unconsciously she adapt his brush strokes writing like he does. and at that time if one mimic a king writing, they are sentence to death, so he put it in and envelope to 4th but he never open it till it was too late

So for the kversion beside 13th it could be the Crown Prince since he wanted to help 4th get back into the palace and saved him when he was young

• Like 13