[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Universal Studios invests in Moon Lovers, Korean remake of Chinese classic Scarlet Heart (Bu Bu Jing Xin)

by Nancy Z on Thu, Sep 24, 2015

Has Hollywood finally discovered the power and influence of K-dramas? Universal Studios is making a huge investment in Moon Lovers, also reported as Lovers of the Moon, to be directed by the director of It's Okay, That's Love. The new Korean drama will be a remake of the extremely popular Chinese historical fusion Scarlet Heart (Bu Bu Jing Xin).

d8a756e1-384b-4a0d-96d7-00d52ec26048.jpg

The adaptation of online writer Tong Hua's groundbreaking time travel romance, published in 2005 with a very creative story that wove a modern 21st-century girl into Qing Dynastry's royal intrigue hundreds of years ago, started a huge time travel wave between Chinese, Taiwanese, and Korean dramas. (You can see a similar story in the drama Palace on DramaFever.) 

If you watch Scarlet Heart for the first time today and feel that you've glimpsed similar plots or characters in some of the other time-travel dramas, it's because Scarlet Heart actually came first. Scarlet Heart is so popular that it already has a sequel as well as a movie version.

Fans will be anxious to see the new Korean drama. It will be interesting to see how the story that occurred in the Qing Dynasty, inspired by actual historical events involving fierce struggles between Emperor Kangxi's many sons in their battles to succeed him, will be adapted for Korea's Joseon kingdom, which has plenty of royal intrigue of its own.

The new Korean drama's production will be in the excellent hands of director Kim Kyu Tae, who directed such famous dramas as That Winter, the Wind BlowsIRIS, and It's Okay, That's Love. Filming reportedly may begin by the end of the year with an estimated budget of 15 billion won, or almost 13 million US dollars.

Kang Ha Neul the First Male Lead to Join Moon Lovers, the K-drama Version of Bu Bu Jing Xin

via http://koalasplayground.com/tag/moon-lovers/

kaok.jpg

Now this is what I call a promising first step in drama casting. Even without a network or time slot secured yet, PD Kim Kyu Tae‘s upcoming K-drama Moon Lovers slated for 2016 has gotten a lot of attention for being the K-drama adaptation of Chinese period novel Bu Bu Jing Xin. Most know the story from the C-drama adaptation starring now married stars Nicky Wu and Liu Shi Shi, but the C-version was itself adapted from the source novel by writer Tong Hua.

PD Kim is no slouch in his own name recognition department, having directed It’s Okay, It’s Love and That Winter, the Winter Blows among many of his popular works, so having him adapt BBJX to a K-drama is as promising a pick as any. The drama now has the first acting name attached to the project – rising movie and drama actor Kang Ha Neul is in talks for one of the male leads. A scant two years ago his name as a big drama lead would cause consternation since he was such an unknown, but since then his star power has risen astronomically and he did five movies this year alone.

Lee Joon Gi to Play Lead Role in Remake of Chinese Drama “Moon Lovers”

Lee Joon Gi to Play Lead Role in Remake of Chinese Drama “Moon Lovers”

Actor Lee Joon Gi is confirmed to play the main character in the upcoming drama “Moon Lovers.”

The actor’s agency Namoo Actors confirmed, “He had received the love call and it was one of the projects he was looking over. There are still some details to work out.”

This is a remake of the Chinese drama of the same name, which was very popular when it aired.

Lee Joon Gi will be playing the Emperor’s heir, who does not want to be in the spotlight but is naturally born into royalty. His personality is as cold as ice.

The story plot involves a girl named Jang Hyo, who is in the present time, suddenly traveling back to the historical period.

Actor Kang Ha Neul has also confirmed to star in this drama, and it will start filming as soon as it completes all casting selections.

“Moon Lovers” will start airing in the beginning of next year.

Source (1)

Edited by kaiskloset
  • Like 18

Guest ororomunroe

Lee Jun Ki cast as lead in Bu Bu Jing Xin's Korean remake

d98f.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: Lee Jun Ki to lead Bu Bu Jing Xin's remake 'Moon Lovers'

1. [+1,009, -39] You can trust Lee Jun Ki!! I love him in sageuks but please do a contemporary drama too ㅠㅠ You have no idea how good you look in a suit ㅠㅜ

2. [+850, -39] Heol another sageuk? I like sageuks but it's time for him to move to a contemporary setting

3. [+732, -28] I wish they don't remake this, to be honest. Lee Jun Ki for sure is a good actor but finding a skilled writer is the key to its success

4. [+135, -6] I hope they don't pair him with an incompetent female lead this time..

5. [+128, -9] The casting of the female lead is more important than the male lead. I hope they find a good one. I'm not in favor of remakes but Lee Jun Ki's sageuks never disappoint

6. [+113, -7] What a relief that Kim Gyu Tae PD is helming this. Make sure the drama doesn't collapse midway only for poor Lee Jun Ki to hard carry it

7. [+95, -8] You can trust Lee Jun Ki!! I hope you get to work with a good writer and leading lady this time ~~

8. [+94, -9] Don't cast either Jin Se Yeon or Lee Yoo Bi ㅜ Park Min Young would be great ^^

9. [+89, -4] Please do a good job with the remake and pick a talented female lead! No idols ㅋㅋ

10. [+79, -24] Pick Park Shin Hye for the female lead ㅠㅠ And no idols please

11. [+60, -3] Bu Bu Jing Xin is epic. The female lead's casting is important

cr: kkuljaem

poke poke sis @pandalover1

here it is... we can rave and write about our Tong Hua novel obsession yippppppppppppppppppppppie.

already finished with Da Mo Yao as well as  Yun Zhong ge novels  (both from Tong Hua) but

BuBujingxin is by far my fave of faves!

hope with all the hype and big bucks prod, Moon Lovers will be as successful as its chinese counterpart...fighting!

• Like 7

Lee Jun-ki in talks to take Bu Bu Jing Xin remake drama

junki_259.jpg

According to latest reports, Lee Jun-ki (Scholar Who Walks the Night) is considering taking on the remake of the popular Chinese drama Bu Bu Jing Xin, retitled Moon Lovers, with his management confirming that he has received the offer. All the usual caveats apply, about how the discussions are positive but not yet finalized, etc.

In the original series, the present-day heroine traveled back in time to land in the Qing dynasty, leading to romantic entanglements with several Qing princes. The K-drama remake will take place during the early Goryeo era (mid to late 10th century), but while the historical background will be entirely different, I think we can expect many of the same narratives and themes to play out in the new version. With a K-drama twist, of course, which probably means we’ll have more angsty love triangles, a coup attempt or twenty, and star-crossed everything. (I dunno about you, but I think Fate could stand to go on holiday. Who needs destiny to screw you over when we’re so very capable of doing that ourselves?)

If he signs on, Lee Jun-ki would play Goryeo’s fourth king, Gwangjong, born Wang So, who was fourth son to King Taejo. Historically remembered as a harsh ruler, the drama character is described as so cold-blooded that he’s called an untamed wolf. Coincidentally, that’s the same character recently played by Jang Hyuk in MBC’s fantasy historical drama Shine or Go Crazy — reimagined history is all the rage these days, as we know.

In any case, it seems perfectly obvious to have Lee Jun-ki doing a time-traveling fantasy costume drama adaptation — not necessarily obvious in a bad sense, though I wouldn’t mind Lee Jun-ki stepping outside his (beautifully garbed) sageuk wheelhouse for something completely different. But he’s so great in historical projects so I get the interest; even when the dramas themselves aren’t great, he’s always reliably solid in them (Joseon Gunman, Scholar Who Walks the Night).

Kang Haneul (Misaeng) was previously reported as a potential casting, and that is still the case, with no final word just yet. Neither do we have any hint of who they may cast for the time-slipping heroine. Who’s got a wish list already up and running? I’m sad that Moon Chae-won’s already booked, as is Han Chae-ah.

Moon Lovers will be directed by It’s Okay, It’s Love’s PD Kim Kyu-tae, and is aiming to air early next year.

Via IS Plus

• Like 15

ill love to see yoon eun hye, kim so eun, hwang eun jum, kim tae hee  my candidate for the lead actress

waves* to you @kiefshi1056 thanks for dropping by.. yayy! excited to see the korean remake too and much excited

and anticipating who will be casted as the ever endearing rouxi / jang hyo in korean version....if they stick to what

presented in chinese ver, then female lead is in her 20s...hope it be revealed soon so we can spazz more.. fighting!

Edited by kaiskloset
  • Like 6

ill love to see yoon eun hye, kim so eun, hwang eun jum, kim tae hee  my candidate for the lead actress

waves* to you @kiefshi1056 thanks for dropping by.. yayy! excited to see the korean remake too and much excited

and anticipating who will be casted as the ever endearing rouxi / jang hyo in korean version....if they stick to what

presented in chinese ver, then female lead is in her 20s...hope it be revealed soon so we can spazz more.. fighting!

actually I have 1 in my mind but she is too young KIM YOU JUNG!

• Like 3

actually I have 1 in my mind but she is too young KIM YOU JUNG!

She is too young sis.. might have perfect for  "young" jang hyo/rouxi scene   if there is time gap, however, if they are sticking to the story (in bubujingxin) which is time travel,   same girl  (as rouxi in the qing dynasty and xiang xiao in present time (20s) plus  the confirmed lead is Lee Joon ki at 33  ....

and Yoo Jung just turned 16   :) we have a very huuuuge age gap there in between...

Edited by kaiskloset
  • Like 2

Annyeong @kaiskloset thanks for creating this thread. I'm looking forward to this remake drama with Lee Jun Ki as the main lead. Now like you all, I'm wondering too who will be the female lead.

Ahhh I see 3 of my chingu deul are here :) annyeong dear @pandalover1 @‌ororomunroe and @delfin :w00t:

• Like 8

omg! i feel sad ending through original Chinese Drama "Bu Bu Jin Xin" when Jang Hyo/ Ruoxi died in past life.

In present she was coma for a week.

whoever female lead is, there is not only one lead i think in this drama.

Maybe haneul will be Yinsi character (Ruoxi first love) and other 13 prince will cast include crown prince and their wife.

but as i see Crown Prince is not same with the Emperor role is. Idk how many prince that Producer choose in the end.

Ma Oppa will cast the fourth prince (Yinzhen)

and *news he will be next king/emperor

(correct me if im wrong^^)

Then after Janghyo wakes up, in the end she cant find any record of Qing dinasty (Joseon).

she research into library and found one picture of queen resemble her alot.

one she dont know, someone beside her resemble Yinzhen~he dont reconigze her ofc.

then show closed when Yinzhen walk infront of Ruoxi and suddently tears is falling TT

'is it sad ending right?'

i really hope korean makes *happy ending of them plss SBS-writernim-producerNim!

• Like 7

OMG 

I can't believe they're making this **squeals** This is one of my favourite all time dramas, the story, the characters, the OST, just dang near everything. They have a big challenge on their hands to make it as successful as the original. Even if they're a quarter way there they'll be doing well. God the original is just about the most emotionally charged drama/film I've ever watched. I was in buckets of tears at the end but it was so worth the journey. 

Have to post some links to the OST 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxMHkVokMxw 

• Like 13

Annyeong @kaiskloset thanks for creating this thread. I'm looking forward to this remake drama with Lee Jun Ki as the main lead. Now like you all, I'm wondering too who will be the female lead.

Ahhh I see 3 of my chingu deul are here :) annyeong dear @pandalover1 @‌ororomunroe and @delfin :w00t:

anneyong sis... hugs hugs! yep. excited to see a k-remake of my bubuxingjing ayeiiiii...and yes wonder who will the cast the korean rouxi...

btw, production is slowly releasing cast confirmation... buzz earlier have this ..

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/17/baekhyun-of-exo-in-talks-for-moon-lovers-to-play-a-young-prince/

nsp.jpg

I knew it was too early to get complacent, to start thinking that the upcoming K-adaptation of time-traveling C-novel Bu Bu Jing Xin (Startling with Each Step) was going to be all good casting news. It was off to a fantastic start, first with the additional of Kang Ha Neul, followed by Lee Jun Ki confirmed to play the male lead 4th Prince equivalent role. Now the third prince has been revealed and it’s reportedly going to be boy band EXO’s member Baekhyun.

• Like 8

app pics via http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/17/baekhyun-of-exo-in-talks-for-moon-lovers-to-play-a-young-prince/

dsjdsd.jpgsasddssdfff

lets see the rundown so far...

Lee Joon Ki - as the 4th prince / Kang Haneul __? / Baek Hyun ___?....

personally, i think BaekHyun will be a cute version of the 10th prince...

the one who have a crush to our lead, (but was married off to the sister-in-law of the 8th prince)

hooooel, if baby BK is the 10th prince, then our lead girl is around his age (early 20s)

Edited by kaiskloset
  • Like 10