[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 minute ago, lyserose said:

Dear, not only Lee Joon Gi. Literally, everyone looked tired except Yeon Hwa. She is the only one looking more radiant, shining like a new penny. Probably because she had minimum screentime and her schedule was not so jammed-packed like the main casts. Even the production value feels exhausted :tears: I wonder if PD Kim really asked Joon Gi to shed off 15kg or that he went too far with the weight loss himself. You know, I understand that feeling. Once you have managed to eliminate those extra kilos, you have the tendency to push yourself further without realizing that you have stepped over the limit. He is the same age with me. Being skinny in the twenties still ok due to your skin elasticity but once you have passed 30, you definitely could not afford to lose those meats without looking haggard. 

Yes. Even Wook is skinnier and looks older than before. I don't know, maybe they want to show the time jump effect on everybody or something ? Yeon Hwa does look the best with the red hanbok.

• Like 10

Sigh....all I sensed from today's episode is that it's leading us down a very depressing path. From now on all dark tunnels aaaahhhh I'm not ready I mean we sensed it coming but seriously argh. So was major hot today I totally dig his new look. CR I don't feel sorry for her at all about time she gets her punishment. She was asking for it when she took that route. I despise Soo for even backing her up instead of being shocked that even she was betrayed by her friend. So when guys betray her she takes it to the heart but willing to let it slide for CR? Sometimes I don't get Soo. 

If Soo is just going to make things hard for So I'll be mad he's already in a depressing position, support, love and guide him before he becomes what you fear Soo!!!!

I'm scared for the ending but I'm hoping it won't be too harsh on our already weak, detoriating heart like Soo's. 

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I wonder why BaekAh's reaction is like that...maybe related to WooHee?

Im thinking it looks like he's reaching over trying to grab her. Maybe she committed suicide? probably from the guilt that she betray BA and he wants to marry her and probably he forgave her and still wants to marry her but somebody probably said somethings to her that cause her to punish herself and decided to suicide. That's my theory and probably they try to accuse WS causing him to lose BA and also losing HS the same time cause WH is also one of HS friends and when WS lose both people he loves it makes him vulnerable.

Spoiler

in the cversion, the woman 13th love committed suicide but in silence but 13th always knew. She decided to die due to all 13th wives looking down on her and said she shouldn't be raising the daughter with such background. So she left the daughter with 13th and committed suicide alone in the lake.

I was hoping at least WH can give 13th a child like the cversion at least he won't be lonely :( 

• Like 11

Guest maniac-moon

Just give me the sword,I want tear them(WW,YH,CR) limb from limb...

Poor HS,she is not heroine,she is just victim.

I bet the lantern scene will be goodbye scene !

It is too much for my heart. it will cry me an ocean for sure...damn 

1 hour ago, kriswu said:

I paused it and saw that it's a woman. Probably a palace maid assisting her since she's getting weak.

thank you for you explanation, i thought it was a man, that's why king gwangjong looks angry

• Like 7

Thank you all for live recaps tonight.

My heart really hurt just like you all, it's torturing a lot when i watch eps 18 preview...why they should make Hae Soo wore wedding dress but no wedding held, i really hate it so much!! 

I should take sleep, but my heart is still feeling ache :tears: this drama make my life shorter and cause heart problem.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Lampel said:

Credit to  @junghyebi for the pic Poor King GJ, he may have the throne that he wants but might loose the love of his life:bawling:, I wonder if he's thinking if the throne is  worth giving up HS, it seems that you really can't have it all:cry:

Omg the image make my heart break we could feel King Gwangjong is very lonely by looking at the image T.T paeha... Hwaiting !!!

• Like 5

i wonder what make WW will be the 8th in BBJX who his last thing that he will do is out of respect to someone that he used to love that he decide to spill everything even its mean he loss his life cause at this point WW seem so evil that he wiling to hurt Soo...

maybe because he will know that Soo will dies from her heart and later on miscarriage?? but its still won't make me respect him like i do with 8th in BBJX.. he done so many wrong thing but this one really make me hate him.. just because Soo won't be with him so anybody else can't have her too??? grow up man!

• Like 13

I have so much to say for ep17, that I have no idea from what angle to start from. That scene when Wang So tells to "kill everyone" and the close up of his face and his scary smile (shudders) I never minded his close ups, LJG has a handsome face no doubt, but that one scene. Only that portion of the scene out of that whole episode scared me. His eyes and that smile, scared the richard simmons out of me. I normally don't voice out when I watch an episode, but when they zoomed in, I was telling myself "dude you are scary". I wouldn't make So angry. When So is angry, you wished the Earth swallowed you whole.

He's becoming more possessive and not taking richard simmons from anyone it seems. I wonder if all those people who poisoned Moo and tortured Soo, will those treacherous acts ever come to light? I want justice here people. I wanna see punishments handed to those that made our OTP suffer. Even though that servant girl, who I can never seem to remember the name of, gets beaten up, I feel like that is not enough. Still there is Wook and his sister and Won. I'm getting annoyed with Jung, but he hasn't done anything dangerous toward Soo and So. Thus save to say that he might be an exception from the hit list. God, think I become a masochist because of this drama.:bawling: When this ends, I'm watching rom-com and comedy. Too much pain for my broken heart.

I really want to go back to modern era now. I hate this era, so much death. I think next week is the final, right?? I have mixed feelings now that I realize that. Happy? Going to be satisfied with this week's ending and waiting for the final? Or be heartbroken and scarred forever by this drama? 

The only moments that we can find peace and love are SooXSo moments, the rest makes you feel like you lived half you're life and are just catching your breathe, thinking what just happened.:blink::tears:

• Like 19

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

@oyashirazu Hi. Have you watched the latest episode 17? What do you think of the inauguration scene? Tbh, I feel dissapointed though I have pretty much expected that it wouldn't be epic. There was no build up momentum, the walk was so short and there was no overflow of emotions as when Wang So ascended the altar to perform the rain ritual in episode 8.  Am I the only feeling that the casts looked extremely exhausted now that we are approaching the last 4 episodes? Everyone (minus Yeon Hwa) looked worn out and most details not being taken care of unlike the first half of the drama - the ugly wigs not only on Jisoo but also on Joon Gi, the make up, Gwangjong's royal robe. So sad to have this feeling when this is in fact a pre-produced drama.

Anyway, idk if I am also the only one feeling frustrated with this episode. It seems disjointed. After gathering so much army, the what supposed to be epic scene was wasted away with Yeon Hwa opening the palace gate for So and she could not strike a marriage deal with So? 

After watching the inauguration scene several times now, I feel kind of torn. I do like the scene. And the cinematography gives off a vibe of 'epicness'. I love all the different camera angles. This one I liked the best:

coronation_zpskrcu5ieq.png~original

So, cinematography wise I think the scene was executed as well as I hoped for and by showing the castle grounds and Wang So's followers in the background through the wide opened door they managed to solve the problem of this being an indoor scene and thus not allowing great longshots and so forth. Also, Wang So looks gorgeous and very kingly in this scene :D 

BUT I do agree there's something missing to make this as much of an epic scene as the two ritual scenes of EP02 and EP08/09. First, I wished they would have given us a little more time allowing us to soak ourself in the greatness of the moment. Maybe some sequences could have been prolonged. The whole scene was quite short (1:10 min). Thus it probably is not long enough to be memorable.

Personally, I also would have enjoyed the scene more with a different choice of background music. I didn't like the second instrumental piece that was chosen (at least in this context). It was too "happy" for my taste, so the scene lost the potential of 'epicness' through that.

Also, I think your're right that there could've been done more on the emotional part.

I do understand all the choices being made here, though, and conclude that this scene actually wasn't meant to be epic for the production team but actually just happy and festive...? That's my take on this. I wonder how other viewers feel about this scene?   

About the other points you mentioned, my mind's still too much in disarray to comment or even think about that like every time after a new episode :(

Edited by oyashirazu
  • Like 19

16 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Im thinking it looks like he's reaching over trying to grab her. Maybe she committed suicide? probably from the guilt that she betray BA and he wants to marry her and probably he forgave her and still wants to marry her but somebody probably said somethings to her that cause her to punish herself and decided to suicide. That's my theory and probably they try to accuse WS causing him to lose BA and also losing HS the same time cause WH is also one of HS friends and when WS lose both people he loves it makes him vulnerable.

Hide contents

in the cversion, the woman 13th love committed suicide but in silence but 13th always knew. She decided to die due to all 13th wives looking down on her and said she shouldn't be raising the daughter with such background. So she left the daughter with 13th and committed suicide alone in the lake.

I was hoping at least WH can give 13th a child like the cversion at least he won't be lonely :( 

OMG.You mean to tell me that I have to prepare my heart for the tragedy of Another couple?Sheeet...My heart can't take this anymore.It's slowly deteriorating like HaeSoo's health.Gonna be even sadder for BaekHee couple since I doubt they will have a child...this spells loneliness for BaekAh.Maybe that's why, like history says, he ends up going around with so many different women.

• Like 8

At the part where HS is asking WS to let CR to stay in the castle, I wish he had told her the truth about. I'm not sure why he would withhold it from her when they both know it never ends well. I think he knows that CR is a spy or he wouldn't have hesitated when she asked him. From the scene before, it seemed like all the servants who where disloyal were being let go.

• Like 11

just re-watched both versions. one huge different from both versions, it actually starts from ep 16.

International version:

yo's visions was the result of tricks concocted by wang so and his team. hence i take it as yo's guilty conscience was not of his true conscience, he was tricked into believing that the people he killed haunts him back. that's why the scene of the haunting was elaborate in ep 17 that leads to his first heart attack.

SBS version:

it was a haunting vision yo saw in his chamber. it did not indicate it was a trick by anyone. that he genuinely felt guilty, making him more human. that's why it was only shown briefly in ep 16. i take it, it was to point yo's was merely a lost son, steered by his mother greed for the throne, hence his rebellion to his mother and refusing to name jung as his predecessor at his dying moment. yo's understanding how so felt, that he was so lost in his final moment, alone, making him unable to name the next king.

no wonder i got so confused watching the two versions, something felt so different.:crazy:

• Like 10