EXO Breaks Jang Geun Suk’s Record With Japanese Debut Single

Newsie

EXO has made a record-breaking entrance to the Japanese music market with their debut single “Love Me Right ~romantic universe~.” According to Oricon Weekly, the debut single sold around 147,000 copies in the first week following its release on November 4, earning the No.1 spot on Oricon’s latest Weekly Chart. This breaks all previous records for a Japanese debut release by […]

The post EXO Breaks Jang Geun Suk’s Record With Japanese Debut Single appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest Beth Wagner

Soompi.... I think you should check a few things....
In one of your own articles, you praised JKS for selling out the Tokyo Dome in November of 2011, just 6 months after his debut album. so I don't think it's correct to give EXO this trophy.
Also, although I congratulate EXO on their achievement in sales, I think a point should be made that JKS set these numbers as a solo act (not group), and that it was his debut album everywhere. EXO has released albums before, just not yet in Japan.
That said, congratulations to both ECO and JKS for their high sales in Japan!

Archived