[Drama 2015/2016] Mom 엄마

rinrinkoe

Another preview Episode 6

6회
시집 안 보내고 말았지~ 그런 덴 못 살리네!

종남(최용민)의 적극적인 결혼 승낙에 영재(김석훈)도 결혼을 서두르고, 세령(홍수현)과 현숙(김예령)은 영재와 세령이 결혼 후 함께 살 집을 찾아간다. 집을 둘러본 현숙은 세령을 이런 곳에선 살게 못 놔둔다며 세령을 끌고 나가는데..

source: mbc

MOM Rating

Nationwide     Seoul     Nationwide     Seoul
2015-09-05     1     15.3 (3rd)     15.4 (3rd)     15.4 (3rd)     15.9 (3rd)
2015-09-06     2     14.9 (2nd)     16.0 (4th)     15.3 (3rd)     16.1 (3rd)
2015-09-12     3     12.4 (4th)     12.9 (4th)     12.9 (4th)     13.6 (4th)
2015-09-13     4     15.4 (3rd)     16.4 (3rd)     15.2 (3rd)     15.0 (3rd)
2015-09-19     5     13.3 (4th)     13.6 (4th)     14.5 (4th)     15.4 (4th)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the Chairmam's DIL trying to pick the women she wants him to be with is she planning on being in cohoots with them to clean out everything from his dumb son who is she to screen the women for him she's not the one sleeping with them.. She's the biggest snake in this drama. 

Well it looks like mom finally put her foot down with the two gold digging mom and daughter pair I loved how the sister slap the mess out of the oldest brother he deserved it why should he try to live rich just to satisfy her mom I'm hoping she told them no my oldest daughter will be moving out and you'll move in to learn how to run a house I can tell from you and mom you don't have a clue and next you'll be wanting my son to hire a maid to serve you life don't work that way you need to learn and here is where you will start to get that home training her dad will be all for it..

I can't wait to the next episode Ajuuma bust DIL out with her antics that look on her face she couldn't say jack..

They sure is slow with subbing this drams.. 

@ororomunroe

The eldest son future MIL handed mom a list with all that expensive crap on it and sister slapping the crap out of him to get his act together she's not going to let anybody run over they mom including the leech aunt after she has slave herself for the family and her own kids don't have they own rooms things are just exciting with this family.. This woman got nerve to hand that list when they living in and apartment themselves at least his mom lives in a house I bet whats on that list is expensive stuff for the mom to wear shyt she can't afford to buy herself..  

Here is my thought on episode 6:

The paper Se Ryeong's mom handed to Young Jae's mom wasn't a list of expensive stuff she wanted. It was good dates to get married. But they were all in one month.

The problem with Young Jae is he's pretending to be a rich man while he isn't. He bought Se Ryeong a necklace worth $2000 that got his big sis flipping mad saying mom even had to borrow that amount of money to pay for Min Ji's school tuition. He thinks that it's his mom's job to give him money to support his wedding. He brags to his parents in law and Se Ryeong about his mom being rich so that he can marry her. His mom offered to buy them an appartment as a gift to YJ's delight. But still the apartment is not good enough in SR's mom's eyes. As SR said, "It's like a Smurf house", saying it's too small. Then they went to another house YJ's mom also had seen but mom didn't like the neighbourhood  saying that if it's not an apartment in Gangnam then it's not good enough.

You get to see why SR has become a materialistic spoiled brat as she is now. Her mom kept thinking everything they offer is not good enough claiming that she's  lived her live in regrets  (having married to an unriched man, living in a small house) so she doesn't  want to let her daughter live the same way because she's  brought her up like a princess.

So YJ's mom said no to their wedding especially after seeing her future in law came to their house to talk about house matter again, not interested in her family and any other things except for their wedding house and other materialistic stuff. She said, "Se Ryeong ah, besides the house, you're not interested in anything else about our family, are you? About how YJ's father died so young?" She said to YJ to give up the wedding because he's  not entitled to and not even ready for it yet.

I think this is where mom will think of a plan to give their immature children a lesson, especially YJ. But most especially after she finds out about her youngest daughter not going to school but use up her tuition money to become a star.

@ororomunroe

The eldest son future MIL handed mom a list with all that expensive crap on it and sister slapping the crap out of him to get his act together she's not going to let anybody run over they mom including the leech aunt after she has slave herself for the family and her own kids don't have they own rooms things are just exciting with this family.. This woman got nerve to hand that list when they living in and apartment themselves at least his mom lives in a house I bet whats on that list is expensive stuff for the mom to wear shyt she can't afford to buy herself..  

Here is my thought on episode 6:

The paper Se Ryeong's mom handed to Young Jae's mom wasn't a list of expensive stuff she wanted. It was good dates to get married. But they were all in one month.

The problem with Young Jae is he's pretending to be a rich man while he isn't. He bought Se Ryeong a necklace worth $2000 that got his big sis flipping mad saying mom even had to borrow that amount of money to pay for Min Ji's school tuition. He thinks that it's his mom's job to give him money to support his wedding. He brags to his parents in law and Se Ryeong about his mom being rich so that he can marry her. His mom offered to buy them an appartment as a gift to YJ's delight. But still the apartment is not good enough in SR's mom's eyes. As SR said, "It's like a Smurf house", saying it's too small. Then they went to another house YJ's mom also had seen but mom didn't like the neighbourhood  saying that if it's not an apartment in Gangnam then it's not good enough.

You get to see why SR has become a materialistic spoiled brat as she is now. Her mom kept thinking everything they offer is not good enough claiming that she's  lived her live in regrets  (having married to an unriched man, living in a small house) so she doesn't  want to let her daughter live the same way because she's  brought her up like a princess.

So YJ's mom said no to their wedding especially after seeing her future in law came to their house to talk about house matter again, not interested in her family and any other things except for their wedding house and other materialistic stuff. She said, "Se Ryeong ah, besides the house, you're not interested in anything else about our family, are you? About how YJ's father died so young?" She said to YJ to give up the wedding because he's  not entitled to and not even ready for it yet.

I think this is where mom will think of a plan to give their immature children a lesson, especially YJ. But most especially after she finds out about her youngest daughter not going to school but use up her tuition money to become a star.

@purplez  Thanks for the detailed insight on ep 6.  I think mom is striking the right cords her and the sister I had wish she slap him again.. Now didn't SR pregnancy test kit read positive or I saw wrong her dad the one that hounded him down into marrying the spoil brat he knows she's not worth all the commotion her mom is putting up and lucky to marry in such a family if she married rich they family will be look down upon and she would be treated like crap from her rich Inlaws.. I'm still praying that mom will suggest that SR moves in with them and get's some home training or let him move in with them since he loves the rich brat so much but I think she should really move in with them to learn her duties of marrying the first born son preparing Jesu and all..

Now that youngest daughter that's still spending her moms money on the lifestyle that she wants but never consider what her mom going through if I was her the mom I'll make her work and pay back every dime of the tuition money that have been spend on her or when she decided to change her major she wants to be a star let her become one on her own time but she'll be paying me back every dollar down to the copper penny..  Mom youngest three kids are sure selfish I wouldn't say the older brother is he's just easily swayed by that young girl and her mom he don't see this is the plan to get him by himself and attack him on the lifestyle he supposed to provide for her      

"Mom" Jin Hee-kyeong does background check on Lee Tae-seong

photo635718.jpg

Jin Hee-kyeong ran a background check on her niece Kang Han-na's boyfriend Lee Tae-seong.

On the sixth episode of the MBC weekend drama "Mom", Na-mi (Jin Hee-kyeong) suspected her niece Yoo-ra's (Kang Han-na) boyfriend Kang-jae (Lee Tae-seong).

Na-mi stopped by Yoo-ra's apartment and ran into a robe-cladded Yoo-ra and Kang-jae who was adjusting his suit. Na-mi was furious and started yelling at Yoo-ra but Kang-jae introduced himself as a friend who protects Yoo-ra from bad guys.

Na-mi then called someone to do a background check on Kang-jae.

Na-mi is a weighty axel in the drama as she plays mind games with her father-in-law and does everything after careful planning to get what she wants.

Meanwhile, "Mom" is a revenge story about a Mom who sacrifices everything for her children to raise them but is then betrayed at how they are all after her wealth.

"Mom" Jin Hee-kyeong does background check on Lee Tae-seong

Hidden Content

Meanwhile, "Mom" is a revenge story about a Mom who sacrifices everything for her children to raise them but is then betrayed at how they are all after her wealth.

@rinrinkoe,  Thanks for this tad bit of info so mom is wealthy why did the sister said she got a loan to pay little sister tuition so Aunt is after her money to using her brother son to get a cut.. I hope she spends it all like my mom said she's not leaving nothing for use to fight over.. LOL   

I want JHK FIL to see her for the snake she is and kick her out I know she's doing some underhanded business between that clothing store and the FIL mall.. Maybe JHK is hiding money that she's stealing from the company in her niece name 

Really don't like the main girl. I'm so glad to see YoungJae got a strong slap from his big sister. Someone has to knock some senses into his head. What's there to love about the girl and clinging to her like that?  Liking the big sister and starting to like the Mom. Too bad still no subs.

Really don't like the main girl. I'm so glad to see YoungJae got a strong slap from his big sister. Someone has to knock some senses into his head. What's there to love about the girl and clinging to her like that?  Liking the big sister and starting to like the Mom. Too bad still no subs.

Hey @tran Waving, How Are You These Days.

So glad your joining me in watching this drama,  Yes that was a nice slap from the sister and I thought she should have slap him again.. This wedding business is really to much for the greedy MIL dad is the one to pick him for a SIL he knows the brat wouldn't stand a snow ball chance in hell married to a rich family her mom wants her in.. But glad to see mom tell them both no she wants them to live in the Gangnam neighborhood she should pay for it.. I hope she ends up in the house with his mom to learn how to run a house she needs to see she want be having maid services she's the maid mother and wife.. I don't think this mariage will last a year     

I finally found this drama with some subs, the problem with the kids is the mother she caters to the brats but the one workhorse she has she is mostly indifferent to. Is there really a parent in the world that would trust their kid with the tuition money? Why wouldn't she pay it directly to the school? There's no really reason to give it to her.

I see the mom turning over the restaurant to the oldest daughter to run and she becomes a live in cook for the rich guy .  We know they are going to end up together so I'm thinking it will be through the food. If continues to manage the restaurant nothing will change, the youngest son is doing something criminal so they even in up losing it all together.

Who is that other girl living with them? Why is the bride to be family asking them for all this stuff, most drama's I've watched it's always the bride family that get's sent to the poorhouse trying to pay for all the crap the groom's family ask for. The oldest son girlfriend really does like him but she is influenced by her mother.

@valsava you are not alone, I just started to watch.

I finally found this drama with some subs, the problem with the kids is the mother she caters to the brats but the one workhorse she has she is mostly indifferent to. Is there really a parent in the world that would trust their kid with the tuition money? Why wouldn't she pay it directly to the school? There's no really reason to give it to her.

I see the mom turning over the restaurant to the oldest daughter to run and she becomes a live in cook for the rich guy .  We know they are going to end up together so I'm thinking it will be through the food. If continues to manage the restaurant nothing will change, the youngest son is doing something criminal so they even in up losing it all together.

Who is that other girl living with them? Why is the bride to be family asking them for all this stuff, most drama's I've watched it's always the bride family that get's sent to the poorhouse trying to pay for all the crap the groom's family ask for. The oldest son girlfriend really does like him but she is influenced by her mother.

@valsava you are not alone, I just started to watch.

@ibelis,  This drama is a goodie the second son will help get the chairman's DIL caught because the son isn't worth two nickles rub together to get a dime.. The friend of mom's with her one sided crush really going to have a fit when she finds out she has no interest in her and likes her friend with all the kids and G/kids..

That daughter that supposed to be in medical school while spending her moms hard earned money mom should make her pay every last dime back I don't know who talk her into the theater business but that's just a waste of her time because she will not make it as she dreams she will and think mom will forgive her if she's some big star..

I'm wondering when will older brother will wake up to the scheming MIL or will it be her daughter to tell mom to back off

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one watching this drama ?   Well from the looks of things I think brother maybe moving in with them I think sister was mad about mom forking out  money for the brother honeymoon but her and husband never went on one..   

nope, you are not. I thought this drama is so good for my sanity, especially after being subjected to jarring story from I have a liver oops lover. This drama is my chicken soup...warm and cozy. Love the main character "mom" to pieces. Her character is so wonderful, loving yet she does all the right things for her family. She is surrounded by great people, and she has great loving family, son in law, best friend and she has all the things that decent mom wants in life. Granted there are some that goes sideways, but this mom is there to bring life back on its right path.

Even though there are the bad characters, they are not the usual incarnation of evil. Just enough badness to stir the pot. I love SR dad who is standing firmly against his bratty wife and daughter. Everytime he and the wife fights I couldn't help myself from grinning so big because he would be sassy enough to tell her off. Hah.....I love it!

I'm looking forward to the development of the story, also the development of relationship between the playboy second son with the little helper girl.

So all and all, this drama is a true gem that need to be watched with a nice cup of something... I like it and will definitely vouch for it. 

Cheers

Family drama shown in comedy style

I think the kids are going to get bad/troublesome as drama progresses, I don't get why the only good daughter gets treated like she a tier below in the family. Its like nobody cares about her while she seems to have worked the same as the mom for their comfortable life they are having now

I think over time the rich old guy who got divorced and the "mom" will team up in the future to mend the ways of the out of control children and their related ones

I really like this drama so far but I have a hard time finding it subbed, I just finished episode 8 and Mom's kids are really awful. The younger son seems to be the one that will get into trouble but right now he hasn't caused any issues. I feel sorry for the oldest daugter, she is the one that carries the load, even as a kid. The two boys have gotten all the benefit. If the new SIL paid for her own dress then it doesn't matter what she spent but it's another thing if the grooms family paid for it. I think the brides father knows the groom's family doesn't have that kind of money but he feels that his daughter would be happier with his family than with a rich family that would look down on her. Mom is weak and just as thoughtless when it comes to her oldest daughter and SIL.

I watch this drama for the youngest son. He's the only one with guts. The other men (besides the two fathers) are pathetic pushovers. I hope he does not change but I fear the writer will turn him pathetic which sadly tends to happen in dramas when arrogant men fall in love. The only exception I've seen to this is the drama 'Brain' which has remained my favorite kdrama exactly because the writer kept the male lead arrogant till the end... I pray the writer will keep his arrogant personality and have him get together with Kong Soon as she complement his personality perfectly. I'm looking forward to the romance of the mother and divorced father too - the rest I don't really care about at all though.

all  her  kids  are  ingrates!  the  eldest  daughter  has  some  kind  of  secret  herself.  she  doesn't know  how  to  enjoy  life.  the  yougest  daughter  i  will  not  forgive  for  putting  her  mom  thru  so  much.  imagine  borrowing  money  for  tuition  and  getting  it  for  herself/  i've  always  said  it  not  all  people  are  destined  to become  singers  or  entertainers.  sure  there  is  a  lot  of  money  and  fame  in  that  field  but  you really  have  to  be t alented,  supercute,  have  the  right  connections  are  super  lucky  to  make  it.  if  everybody aspire kidss  to become  entertainers  then  who will  man our  business, factories,  businesses,  teach,  build  bridges  etc. etc.  acquiring  good  education  is  still  the  best  guarantee  for  our  future. 

I think the boyfriend or first husband of the eldes daughter left her after she gave birth to her first daughter that's the "him" she's been thinking of lately - I hope she pulls herself together because her husband deserves to not be a third wheel in his own marriage. I think a later story line will be of the first boyfriend to return and maybe shake her up. The youngest daughter is stupid but not because she dropped out of medical school. If she did not have the desire to become a doctor then she wouldn't have become a good doctor anyway and would just have wasted her life doing something she did not enjoy - her mistake was keeping it a secret and using the tuition money for herself. That's basically stealing from your own family...

Archived