[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

Yes! @nearsea if SW turn out to be the husband that would be the most banjun drama ever but then again..the writer has 16 episodes to convince us why SW should be the husband especially when the future husband is so similar with current JH, there's one line he said after arguing he didn't receive the chocolate and DS insists she gave to him and he said "you wanna die?" The writer really have to explain the changes in attitude if SW is to be the husband.

Somehow i think BR-SW is very unlikely to happen..i think BR knows DS is having crush on SW..as i explained on my previous post on BR comment that SW gonna bring down the door..she was smiling while saying that line..i wonder if DS wrote her crush name in her diary..seems like BR knows judging from her smile..and the wash hair part..when SW came he greeted BR..when he was about to leave again he's saying he's gonna leave and bow to BR as well..if..if he's having a crush on BR..he will steal a glance when he was about to leave once he push open the door..but no..he didn't hesitate for a 2nd and he just left..

I can't seems to find JH character description..since its not on the 1st page of the main thread..maybe ill google and comment on it later ;) now i wanna enjoy our SW on the v app event video

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kaykafisyah Glad that you mentioned it.I totally forgot that part,yeah bora said something about how sun woo has his eyes on deok sun[don't remember her words exactly]..but it does seem from that part that bora does not have anything going on for sun woo.I really want her to refuse sun woo even if he conveys his feelings to her...

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/346174-current-drama-2015-answer-me-1988-응답하라-1988/?page=48

This is from the main thread,jh's character description is also there...=]

Holy crap the hands! I just saw that.... Ok now I'm back to shipping.... Taeyang couple, ftw!!!!!

2. Sunwoo (2nd year student at Ssangmun High, born in 1971, age 18, current age 45)

The student body president of Ssangmun High School and the ideal son of every mom's dream. He is a gentleman who is popular with both his friends and his teachers.  Unlike other boys his age, he has a gentle and affectionate personality.

As a person of principle, he keeps to his plans to a T without having anyone make him do it. And due to his clean nature, he keeps the space in his room and the library in perfect order. However, it's just that he is a little more mature than his friends. When he hangs out with them, he is just another 18 year old boy who gets competitive while playing silly games and tags along to watch rated-R movies. 

Unlike aloof Junghwan, he is a kind son who acts as the mood maker at home. At times, he is like a daughter to his mom, sharing and confiding all his secrets with her. 

However, these days, Sunwoo has a secret that he can't even share with his mom. The girl with whom he is in a one-sided love... he has been unable to tell his mom or his friends about her, and has been suffering alone. It is hard for him to approach the girl with whom he has lived on the same block for eighteen years of his life. Three years have passed without him being able to tell her that he likes her. But the winter of 1988, he wishes to end his one-sided love. And the only way how... is confessing to her.

Wait... Who is he going to confess to?

95191-i-am-so-confused-gif-felicia-d-jrz

hi guys...

been reading all your comments, really insightful.

just want to comment on some things, pls bear with me

1. love how the 3 families treat all the kids as their own. JH mom paying BR to tutor the weaker kids. all moms being tiptoeing around Taek. moms sharing whatever they have and not asking for anything in return. what really touched me was ep 3 JH mom gave allowance for DS for her school trip.

2. JH parents. i quite like JH dad, weird but he is probably this way cos how cold his kids are. he probably envies the other families. JH mum killer birthday fashion!!!

3. poor Taek. know that he is kinda of weird but seeing him so stressed up over the defeat, just want to baby him. also how the 4 of them rallied around him. heart warming. hope Taek will come out of his shell.

okay. now for our SW DS. i am not so good at analyzing.

SW asking DS for pencil lead. JH was also there, why not ask him plus he is rich. i dun buy SW wanting to go see BR so ask DS.

during tutoring, DS cutey "it must have hurt" made SW so happy. SW-DS eyes were basically glued to each other. again i dun see how SW is sneaking glances at BR, if he did he is probably worried she will hit him or something. only time was when BR was explaining the F=ma example.

best is the spanish song. SW shy smile and DS was looking at him most of the time. also if SW was really sneaking glances at BR, DS would have notice since she was looking at him.

when DS told SW i'm raining, SW expression after correcting her. now tell me that is not a smitten expression or what? him sneaking side glances at her. also after eating ramen, SW looked at DS and ask her how her studies progress. he kept looking at her from then on until he left the rm.

regarding the main thread and all the clues pointing to SW-BR, i dun think there are much truth in them. since all families are so close and know each kid's character, why should it be said that SW is paying attention to BR items. everyone probably know what BR is like and how BR basically stepped all over her siblings. SW pointing out the jacket and walkman is cos he is concerned about DS getting into trouble with BR. DS is also no pushover but is no match for MMA BR.

sorry for all the repeats. *deep bow*

Yay the thread is moving ahead! Thank you  @heartoppaya for coming back again,and @ilmare ,thank you for writing this!No matter what happens,I'll go forward with how I feel for now =]].

About your post,I agree with you on number 1,yeah I too love the fact there is not inferior complex at all,over the money or the talent of the kids,I love how deok sun's mother said,no matter what,girls are the best.Or how they share foods from one house to another.People used to care those days,not like the cold urban corridors of labyrinth of modern days,when the people who live side by side don't know each other anymore.I loved when jh's father brought one chicken pack for deok sun,so they share even the delivery foods,which shows how strong the bond is.

The only time I liked jh's dad was when the ice cream melt.I could feel the disappointment he had,and the kim sa jung clap with his son at the end was awkward,but good.I would give him that.Taek is still too early to comment on,but we're getting to know more about him by each episode [I wish jh gets a bit less screen time,it's just him all over the screen =|]..

I really really wish the points you made about sun woo was directed at deok sun,and the girl he secretly likes is deok sun,not bora.I sincerely hope he was not the one who followed bora [as we see  in preview there are two guys behind her in rain..and deok sun's mom say ,sun woo what happened to bora].The next episode probably is focused on bora,hence sun woo's mom is seen commenting on her probably.And yeah,I think even all the other friends in the gang knows every details about deok sun,so it's given that sun woo knows that jacket does not belong to her.We even saw how jung bong is around bora,so I don't think sun woo wearing a formal shirt is because of bora.

Lastly this pic from gkp's instagram, is this any sign? =/

@nearsea i am working nite shift so no boss is the best time for me to catch up on dramas and soompi!

regarding GKP's pic, i also hope that SW will be the hubby!!! mayb i am projecting myself as DS but JH just turns me off.

let's all wait and see. as long as DS still feels some love for SW, we still stand a chance! but if SW really ends up with BR, i will be shattered. why all my ships all sink???

ilmare Haha best of luck with  that =].Yeah,as long as she feels something,but I wish the revelation happens soon for both sun woo and deok sun part,so it would be easy to not invest anymore in the drama lol.

About jh,me too! Something about him turns me off..I think it's the character,I saw the press conference, and he seemed normal to me.But something about this rude guy but detached personality is not working for me...also the fact that this is not the first time this story line is happening.I wished they came up with something new,and fresh like both 97 and 94.It's extremely hard actually to keep up the quality with sequels,but somehow it felt like the craze is much bigger than how it should be.

I'm not sure you should think all your ships sank.I think it this way that,I always root for the one that I can connect to,and it can turn out as the one who's the underdog..it happened in school 2015,in mask,heirs[I'm sure there are lot more,just can't think of at this moment].Often I find out dramas which are not even popular much,but somehow the story line even if how cliche they are,works for me.So it actually doesn't matter even if the ship sinks,as long as we can enjoy the acting anyway lol,that's how I see it.

Oh @nearsea that pic is freaking hot!

I agree with everything @ilmare said above, plus I have to add some.

How can SW like BR when he knows that BR is always mistreating DS, his friend?

I think, (according to the character descriptions) the girl SW is going to confess to is no other than DS, who makes him nervous. He did share some secret glances with her right?

Although most of the arrows are pointing at the DS-JH coupling, I wonder why they would do that right from the start. I mean, R94 gave and took away things and we just pulled out out hair. One time we were sure it was oppa-ya, the next I was pretty sure it was chilbongie. I practically lost most of my hair because of that drama. So in here, right from the start all arrows point at JH being the husband. Why? Are they trying to make everyone think that the husband is JH and finally pull a twist and say, "Huzzah! Its SW" and we'll all give them "no richard simmons bro" faces....

That's my conclusion.. What did you guys come to?

@nearsea actually i seldom ship drama couples. probably R94 i wanted chilbong to be the hubby, not too devastated when it didn't happen. SWP was Jackson ship. this is probably my 3rd ship drama-wise. i didn't catch the press conference. agree that mayb his character. frankly, if he isn't main cast here i would not pay much attention to him.

i went to main R88 thread to look see and OMG, i am so afraid to read the comments. so much analysis and evidence gathering! it is good but to read and process all the information.... scary. gonna take everything as it present itself.

@heartoppaya i love your comments about losing hair. to be frank, R88 is making me lose my mind too. so far R88 hasn't drop any more hints from the adults version characters, whereas R97 & R94 gave lots of present time clues. all we are seeing now are the casts' POV and memories. so i am super confused why JH is being "confirmed" as the hubby. maybe cos adult version of hubby kinda of resembled JH, i am not putting my money just on that and the cringe-worthy alley and bus scenes.

i also agree JH may just be a smoke screen.

-reply-1988--captures-the-80s-in-officia 

cr: TvN

and the poster, DS and SW and JJ look like a family. DS has her arms on JH and SW, so it may be a hint that potential hubby candidates. make me want to crop DS-JJ-SW pic out as a family portrait.

@ilmare im sooo agree with you..i went to the main thread just to read on JH character description but i think im loosing my mind over there..too many info on colors alone which i really can't process at all..i just read them without even understand them

@nearsea i went and read JH character description but i cant think of any behind meaning about it..maybe because im biased so it doesnt really attracts my attention..just that his character is a clear cut or too obvious i think..he's having crush on DS..but why? Why they disclosed it when they try to hide who's the girl SW having crush to?

Im in a company meeting and sit in front of me is a korean colleague..im soooo tempted to ask her who do koreans think is the husband? Haha her name is hye jin btw but not kim hye jin..nam hye jin instead..if you watch SWP you'll get this haha but she's pretty ;)

@kaykafisyah yes the Olympic colours and the dolls. WOW, the first thing about the dolls that came into my mind was why Taek (boy) has dolls in his room??? i have brothers and no dolls when we were growing up. those dolls mayb iconic for that time period but my mind is Taek room got dolls!!!!

you can ask her after meeting. dun attract your boss attention now. :P  

@heartoppaya Maybe because when I watched reply 94,it was already finished,so the mystery was not apparent to me,but I watched it upto ep 11,so are the confusions more prominent in the later half? Also in reply97,the pairing was quite easy to guess,and I think they dint even go for the husband game too seriously.But with every new series,it should be getting harder so we don't identify who is the husband in one go.I just keep thinking how awesome it could be if sun woo realizes the one he likes is deok sun,because if it is bora after all,then deok sun would be left to hear break,and again,it goes back to how she is the last one to do get anything in her family,[birthday cake,eggs,or gifts.the priorities that is].So,if they end up making sun woo the bad person here,or the somewhat guilty one,it would be hard to take.Plus isn't bora a supporting character,so I rather wish she's paired up with either DR or jung bong.Plus there is the second trailer which came on the second week I think? When all the friends are running down the alley,and sw,ds and jh are running in parallels,though jh comes first,but sun woo is also just behind ds,and he looked at her,smiling.On ep 3,when ds has the white powderish make up on,and they're going out of the house,sun woo's hand is in focus,and it's trembling a bit.I keep thinking about these small hints and wonder whether they bear any meaning,disregarding how few they are in number lol.

@ilmare Hahaha,the main thread has actually lots of information too.So,I take that to gather the clues and also sometimes try to think of them from my pov too,but it's always interesting to read lots of different povs.I agree with you that this series has lots of focus on the family relationships,in fact half/two third of the episodes are about the families and rest goes to the friend's chapters.I also think that by the book,it should be still hard to guess who's the husband lol,given there are not much clues yet.And it would be super easy too if they reveal so many hints so soon.I would not continue the series if it's taking sw-bora direction.So,I'd wait till then to see how it all shapes up.When stories especially romances are the opposite of what you thought of then the parts you were supposed to enjoy, leaves bitter taste in tongue lol.So,I'd rather be left out of that discomfort.

@kaykafisyah That\s a good point made.Why would they leak his crush and sun woo's being kept private.I think the story could go in two direction..like how all of the main three has been sed to have different crush,so end of the drama,all of them would have a change of heart.The way their crush now is being unfold,that's how the series is starting,like these are the specifics they came up with,but as the story goes on,their love/likeliness will go through ups and downs.Don't know if you get what I'm trying to say here.

You should totally ask the colleague.We'd like to know the informations firsthand!

@nearsea i understand you perfectly! Don't worry ;) but if like that, meaning that you would like SW crush to be BR right? And gradually he will have change of heart and finally realize the one he likes/loves is DS? Why i like the idea of noble idiocy more? Reason being;so that if SW really end up with DS, people who will protest on this will not use "reason because he used to like the sister back then but JH likes DS from the very beginning thus JH deserves DS more" to justify their argument why JH should be the husband..that will be hurt to read. Even though deep inside i feel it kinda impossible writer nim wants to take on the noble idiocy route coz she never do this before on the 1st 2 installments which i think what made the reply series different from the average kdramas...

I don't think i will ask my colleague at all haha she's in different team and she's the team lead..im scared :sweatingbullets: last time during R94, in my previous previous company(i worked in various companies lol)..my korean colleague even gave me the whole file of all songs featured on R94..i wish im still there to discuss on R88 with him.

Seo In Guk --> Jung Woo --> Ryu Joon Yeol, who is your type?
8. [+69, -2] Am I the only one who likes Go Kyung Pyo?

Also on another article, the first top comment

1. [+5,167, -144] Everyone seems to have fallen in love for Ryu Joon Yeol while I'm all alone crushing on Go Kyung Pyo

NO ! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Look at the up votes and loot at us here suffering because of GKP/Sunwoo.

:wub::tears: @sserene thank you for sharing..for reply series im always on the minority side..even during R94 i can say that i was with the minority till we decided to leave the main thread and just spazzing at the shipper's thread..since this time around im with the minority again..im kind of having a good feeling about it..i don't think it's bad at all..but again..only time will tell...i can't say much yet..right?

@kaykafisyah I also doubt if the writer would go the noble idiocy route..because he has not done this before,and somehow he likes to repeat the same story line or similar kind of stuff in his story..

I watched the subbed ep 3  today,and somehow I feel like the camera even follows jh whenever he;s in the screen...like the dance contest,it was taken from left to right,[on left was jh,and on right sw],it's like a telling already that jh is the most coveted person here lol.And from the ep 4 preview again,I noticed sunwoo's side glance was there,which was missing the main episode..I hope it's not like a foretelling about what's going to happen.But somehow maybe me and the writer are not in same track =|.

@sserene Thanks for sharing the news,I already feel kinda pissed off after watching the subbed version.And to know there are more people like us do uplift the mood a bit haha.

Only way sun woo has a chance is if the older sibling dies maybe..as it was repeated in  both 94 and 97.The news is just giving me the plot =/.[And then,out of misery,sun woo becomes a bitter darker version of his old self,I'm getting crazy thoughts again,=| ]

Also,look how many people actually like sun woo too,close to 6000,that's a lot.

@nearsea just plan to watch the sub version tonight..you just give me reason not to..suddenly i remember about the alley scene..memory only triggered when you mentioned JH haha...maybe i should postpone watching again..maybe till we get at least this week's episode? I will have to check preview ep.4 again..are you saying there's really a scene where SW was stealing glance towards BR? I also read the speculation that BR might die if writer nim follows 97&94 again..but since BR is there from the beginning..i won't buy that idea till it's proven..because the writer never kills anyone who was with us from the start of the drama before..R94 & R97, both are dead when the series started..

@kaykafisyah Yeah if it's a boss then stay away..you don't want to fall into the bad book lol..Someone else also thought exactly what I assumed,about bora's sister dying and sun woo falling for deok sun,but that would be also similar to reply 97.I wonder if writer suffer from creative block.But,it is kinda surprising that both of the past series have done this,though 94 dint show na jung's brother,so it is not much in question.But shi won\s sister was active in the first several episodes.So,there's the possibility,also the way bora has been involved in political activities,and considering the timeline,this could happen.

@nearsea just plan to watch the sub version tonight..you just give me reason not to..suddenly i remember about the alley scene..memory only triggered when you mentioned JH haha...maybe i should postpone watching again..maybe till we get at least this week's episode? I will have to check preview ep.4 again..are you saying there's really a scene where SW was stealing glance towards BR? I also read the speculation that BR might die if writer nim follows 97&94 again..but since BR is there from the beginning..i won't buy that idea till it's proven..because the writer never kills anyone who was with us from the start of the drama before..R94 & R97, both are dead when the series started..

Hahah..I just thought I'd watch the ramen date and if there was really that hand trembling scene,but then I end up watching all of it.Mostly to see if there are any more clues.And they always give jh most of the scenes,so I don't know how far I can go with this.And I skipped the alley scene too lol.Yeah in the preview sun woo can be seen giving side glances but they don't show that it's directed at bora.That is not included in the original episode.

About the death scene,you are right..94 does not count much,but in 97 the sister died already.Erm does anyone know when did grandma visit deoksun's home,and bora says 'mom deok sun likes a boy?' That was after her friends told her that sun woo likes her right?

Archived