[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

On second episode of Reply 1988 that aired on TvN at 7th, Doksun (Hyeri)'s friends said that she is cute. That day while talking about pretty girls Dongryong (Lee Donghwi) said "These days Doksun become a little pretty."

Seonwoo (Go Kyungpo) and Taek (Park Bogum) also agreed. But Jonghwan (Ryu Junyeol) lost his temper and ask "Are you crazy?"

In addition, at the end of broadcast, Doksun secretly put a chocolate into Seonwoo's bag arousing curiousity over Doksun's heart.

Meanwhile, 'Reply 1988' is a story about 5 noisy families at the same alleys in Ssangmundong in 1988.

cr http://everydaydaisyday.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/reply-1988-finding-husband-start-go.html?spref=tw

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skeletonworks
On second episode of Reply 1988 that aired on TvN at 7th, Doksun (Hyeri)'s friends said that she is cute. That day while talking about pretty girls Dongryong (Lee Donghwi) said "These days Doksun become a little pretty."

Seonwoo (Go Kyungpo) and Taek (Park Bogum) also agreed. But Jonghwan (Ryu Junyeol) lost his temper and ask "Are you crazy?"

In addition, at the end of broadcast, Doksun secretly put a chocolate into Seonwoo's bag arousing curiousity over Doksun's heart.

Meanwhile, 'Reply 1988' is a story about 5 noisy families at the same alleys in Ssangmundong in 1988.

cr http://everydaydaisyday.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/reply-1988-finding-husband-start-go.html?spref=tw

OMG!!! Is Sunwoo Deoksun's first love?? Shin PD mentioned about first love, didn't he?? I could feel that the husband mystery is gonna be a bit more complicated than its predecessors!

@skeletonworks @kaykafisyah im watching both episodes without english sub and i feel like crying T_T its my first time ever for kdrama. I need to understand through body languages T_T

I actually think this time the screen time is a lil bit more fair for both two strong husband candidates, yesterday's episode made me realize it.

And when SW didn't respon to the gangster, i think its because of his wound about his father and you know how much he doesn't want his traumatized(?)/paranoid mom to be scared. I think they'll reveal it later why his dad passed away.

And yes i think this series will be more complicated tho? 

But if ever, if ever she end up with JH, i think the next reply series's find the husband thingy isn't necessary and exciting again because what? People would have concluded that whatever and whoever and however, the one that female lead 'barking' with from the start is 100% the husband, no matter what, how and who's the other candidate.

I don't know how shin PD will take it this time because im also curious like really really curious, will he use the same formula or a new formula that blown everyone away? because 18 episodes left, wow so many things would happen tho?

In the present, Adult Deok-sun (Lee Mi-yeon) reads the diary and cringes at the horribly embarrassing writing. Next to her, her husband grouses that she was obsessed with boys at such a young age. It’s Kim Joo-hyuk!

Deok-sun accuses him of reading her diary, which he denies. But then he asks whom she gave chocolate to, because he never received any chocolate from her. She hits him for reading her diary, and swears she gave him the chocolate. Husband: “It wasn’t me!”

answer02-01306.jpg

Deok-sun: “It was! …Was it not? It was.” He deflates and tells the interviewer that he’ll be back after a smoke, and Deok-sun insists that it totally was him, and he just doesn’t remember because it was 30 years ago. Though it looks more like SHE can’t remember.

But aha—we have the camcorder to tell us who got the chocolate. Rewind to the party at Jung-hwan’s house, when Deok-sun stopped to slip a bar of chocolate in one of the boys’ bags near the front door.

Then the kids file out to go get ddukbokki: Jung-hwan and Dong-ryong pick up their bags, neither of them the one with chocolate inside. Deok-sun leads Taek out by the hand, but they don’t take any bags. And last is Sun-woo, who stops to kiss his baby sister goodbye… and then picks up the backpack with the chocolate bar!

Guys i even more confussed i really want to go on hiatus and come back in January 2016 lol i cant take it

Omg @sserene i totally agree with you! Let just go on hiatus and wait till the drama conclude..but then again i know i cant restrain myself from watching or at least from reading the spoiler..

Im taking the post u quoted above with a pinch of salt..knowing shin pd i dont think they will let us know this early about the husband..the chocolate thingy must be a troll and im so agree with your previous post about the heroin always end up with the 1st guy she's "barking" to..tho im a nareki shipper in the past and it was fun watching them bicker all the time..but in this installment i've fallen for the good guy SW tho without even watching properly the 1st 2 episodes yet..im hopping for a different kind of male lead this time around..I love how SW loves her little sister and it just shows what a lovely brother he is..a good guy :)

Guest skeletonworks

@kaykafisyah IKR! I also have that fear about this first love. It may not work like it used to T_T

@sserene  Shin PD is trolling us. Hahaha. Maybe DS did put the chocolate in SW's bag but maybe someone else took the chocolate and ate it or it drop out from the bag or something so that's why DS's husband aka SW didn't notice it? Another scenario that might not be on our side is if she mistakenly put the chocolate in SW's bag thinking it was his husband's bag. Or maybe it was Taek's bag! But SW carried the bag for him? OMG. Look at my neuron cells working! They always get overwork during Reply season!

In one of the comments in dramafever, they mentioned that a Chinese sub is available at maplestage.com.

So many possibilities! And another one to add..maybe JJ had it! She saw DS put the chocolate inside the bag..and being a child chocolate is not something they can resist tho..so she might have it to herself @skeletonworks haha aisshhh this is really killing me...im scared of all the possibilities you have listed..i just hope that SW..being at his age now..has forgotten about the chocolate..or maybe he just wants to tease her..

BTW..why DS having the interview in the future? Who is she in future? A legend writer? Person among the youth who had been in numerous rally againts the govt in the 80s?

I need english sub ㅠㅠ i cant understand chinese tho..eh but have u guys check out the rating? Daebakkk i think it can breaks 94's rating later..episode 1 recorded around 6%+ and episode 2 already 7%+

@kaykafisyah even tho i was rooting for cb in reply 1994, but i think he really didn't have much chance to be the husband since he's "outsider" and one-sided lover while trash character and background is on point, close to Najung and their parents and even najung from the beginning seems loving him to death i can tell.

Sunwoo's personality somehow reminds me of cb but not similar at all. SW character seems more stronger than cb, even his background, close to the female lead since the beginning, just like other male casts. They share a same chance to be the husband. But the only thing differentiate between SW and JH here, JH with the bickering habit with DS, and SW as the good guy who is so calm and 'so human'. I'm curious whether his character would develop in the future as his wounds (about his father's past) disappear (because i think somehow he seems to be careful about his actions and even more careful bc of his mom's wounds). 18 episodes yet to be revealed, way long to go. Lets go on hiatus loll

@skeletonworks ahh how i wish i could understand chinese (wait but it would be better if i understand korean lmao)

Well I've read the comments on dramabeans and even korean netizens, most of them rooting for JH since he's close to the clues given so far like DS husband is smoking (idk about this part but JH doesn't smoking either?) and how DS said that she must be insane to marry her husband and how the present husband looks similar to young JH. But i want to quote one of the comment on DB

"Don’t believe any “clues” you’re given. They only exist to mislead and may not aligns at the end."

And lets go on hiatus loll i really can't take it my head is aching

I agree with you..seems like in this installment everyone is having the same chance to be the husband tho @sserene thanks for sharing all those comments/articles on the drama..im only coming to here and here is my only source of info thus ill be more than glad to read everything you share ;) is the one rooting for JH korean fans? How about international fans? Im still keeping my hope high on SW 

@kaykafisyah you're welcome! I'm not sure tho because it has no source, you know like translated netizen comments from netizenbuzz or kkuljaem. 

And about international fans based on what i seen on dramabeans and twitter + blogs comments, 60 % have their bet for JH as the hubby after yesterday's episode which was giving some "clues" to the viewers about who's the husband. 

Yeah me too, even tho im not expecting much though because i dont want to put all my hopes too high, but SW is not-so-impossible to be the husband because its ONLY 2 episodes which mean only 10% of the drama.

Think positively but also expect for the worst. Fighting!!

Guest skeletonworks

I also don't understand Chinese XD I'm just sharing in case anyone here understand the language hahaha. So I'm crying in the dark corner while waiting for it to be subbed. It's excruciating abstaining myself from the temptation of watching the raws T_T

@sserene So most Koreans are rooting for JH? Not surprising though. He's a strong candidate. By the way, thanks for sharing all these news and articles. I only go to this thread now. I don't go to the official R88 thread anymore (even though I was active pre-airing) because I don't want to get work up seeing a not so nice comment.

"Don’t believe any “clues” you’re given. They only exist to mislead and may not aligns at the end."

Obvious clues like DS's husband smoking etc might be misleading because people can change over time. But some of the less obvious ones like the soft toys (R94) are pretty much conclusive. We need to be on the look out for those kind of things I reckon.

Obvious clues like DS's husband smoking etc might be misleading because people can change over time. But some of the less obvious ones like the soft toys (R94) are pretty much conclusive. We need to be on the look out for those kind of things I reckon.

Yes i agree. You can't really believe clues if they are TOO obvious, it might be just to mislead. We need to search for soft clues i think, they most probably a legit clues out there.

Some of comments on DB ep 2 recaps.

"Ppl say Seonwoo seems like a 2nd lead, being nice and all, but I think Jung Hwan’s angst would also make an extremely awesome 2nd lead. Anyone remember School 2015? Yeah, the 2nd lead was the one with all the layers and angst but guess who the girl ended up with??? "

" Although the strong candidate is jun hwan, i think it could be sunwoo.
Don’t you think the clues are too “open”. Like why is it named ‘guess the husband’ when we can confirm that jun hwan is the husband because hints are so jun hwan? just don’t really see clues as clues because this is reply series after all. Clues could be there to mislead seriously."

" I (very) lowkey (since anything can change at this point) would like Husband to be Sunwoo, mostly because it’d differ from the other Reply end-game pairings, but also because his character is kind of heartbreakingly compelling. But, having said that, I have zero expectation of it happening. The husband is most likely Jung Hwan, lbr. It’s always been the most obvious candidate, and JH is pretty easily it, not to mention that SW’s character screams ‘too good and selfless to do much but suffer all throughout’. I can’t really see any of the other friends as a serious contender — certainly wouldn’t mind it, but present-day-husband could realistically only be JH or SW…and even then, the latter is reaching. But, who knows! Lots of things can happen in the span of nearly 30 years, including massive personality changes."

I went to R88 official thread only to check any news about R88, but i think i'll be a silent reader because i think everyone knows how im rooting for SW and i don't want someone to think that my opinion is just a biased opinion. So i'll remain to be a silent reader tho (except for sharing info about R88).

anyone knows if the drama have a Baidu Bar ? please :D ... or even better ... our couple?

im not sure about that nina..we might be the 1st shipper thread for R88 haha when everyone still can't decide who to ship we chose even before we watch the drama :)) 

hahahah true, since i knew GGP was in i was already on board on this ship XD 

if anyone found the baidu bar of the drama plz post the link here .... onegai :D thats enough 

What is Baidu Bar? Something like Korean's DC?

exactly , the chinese version of Korean's DC Forums 

The sub is finally out! Now we should all watch with the subtittle and continue cracking our head for the answer haha tho people might go between JH and SW as the husband..what if it's actually DR is the husband? Minus the glasses he has the future husband's hair style. That would be a total surprise! Ok im off to watch episode 1..thank God it's a public holiday today in my country. @heartoppaya you are from Sri Lanka right? Celebrating depavali? 

The sub is finally out! Now we should all watch with the subtittle and continue cracking our head for the answer haha tho people might go between JH and SW as the husband..what if it's actually DR is the husband? Minus the glasses he has the future husband's hair style. That would be a total surprise! Ok im off to watch episode 1..thank God it's a public holiday today in my country. @heartoppaya you are from Sri Lanka right? Celebrating depavali? 

No... Not celebrating although it is a holiday. But I do eat laddu... Lol

I think I too am biased when it comes to GKP in a drama. I want him to win the girl this time. So I too remain silent in the official thread.

Archived