[Daily Drama 2015/2016] Witch's Castle 마녀의 성

suchadiva42

3 hours ago, ina111 said:

@0ly40 Thank you for the OST links

The actor's name is 이하율, and I've seen that romanized both as Lee Ha Yul and Lee Ha Yool on sites in English. 

@0ly40, to add to the information @ina111 added, below is a link that list the drama he's played in before.  I liked him in the drama, The Stars are Shining, but not necessarily the drama.  It became over the top---similar to this drama. 

http://star.koreandrama.org/lee-ha-yool/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part of the last episode is the ending for me.. 

Spoiler

I feel that it is about time we see DB and GH progress naturally into an intimate relationship with one another. (we even have a bit of lip movement so they are not so stiff.. way to go!) They are about to be married in days (we hope) *from the instagram pics they are dressed up for the wedding.) and should have been living together or very close to setting up house together had it not been for SC having Leo stay with her and other things. 

I am not sure why HJ is such an idiot to be surprised to see GH and DB kissing AT HER HOUSE or to see him left her up and take her to bed. They are in love, ( they have declared it to her and everyone else has too.) and are a couple and she knows this. I guess this is the first time she has finally been hit with the hard truth by their actions and not words. Since before she chose to ignore what everyone said including GH and DB. This girl is truly disturbed and crazy to come to DB's house at night drunk to run her mouth over her promotion mad and wanting to spout crazy blaming DB again for her life being the way it is when she is the only one at fault for that. . 

This is what happens when you peek in key holes (or windows in this case being creepy) you either see something you never wanted to see or you hear something about yourself you never wanted to hear (the truth both times)  HJ is now going to be really mad since this forces her to see she was never what he wanted and she will never have another chance to try to take him. Also it reinforces the crazy delusion she has that this was some type of competition and DB has won making her the looser. HJ has already vowed that DB will not be happy while HJ's life has fallen apart.  HJ is about to do something to hurt that project and company I suspect. (which we all knew as coming.) This time she does there will be no way to stop her part in things for coming out and no one will want to spare her this time as her father will end up hurt by her actions as much as the company will.  HJ is her own worst enemy and given how she has been disowned too this only fuels her crazy that DB is the cause of all her pain and life being miserable once again. HJ will either try to kill her self or DB again.

Now all we need is for TW to get a load of the Morning after and things will be complete. He is not a real brother and has no say in her being with her fiancee in the same house or bed before the wedding. He too needs a wake up call to dash any hope he has that he can get in and have DB for himself once and for all.  I really hope this writer brings up what his family did a year ago and how he kept her. If they choose to let it go after they hear it then fine. But he needs to be seen as the kidnapper he really is by DB's family and friends. 

HJ is about to put into motion for the last time the worst thing she could have done and it will take away the one person in her life that loved her the most. Her Halmoni. 

Video Credit DramaSBS Channel on YouTube. 

On 5/2/2016 at 0:05 AM, Brenda Capers said:

The problem now is KH bio mom and HJ are going to resort to trying to harm DB........I think TW will be the one to save her and in turn he will probaly get killed in turn that will be how they get rid of his character.

I want to know why these writers always have a cockoo female that will do anything and everything to try and get a man and go on for episodes after episodes trying to get the man......and the man dont want the woman......the writers should at least have the man show some interest in the woman.....lead her on a couple of times.....kiss her or sleep with her....or be seduced by the woman.....for the woman to continually chase after the man when the man is showing absolutely no interest in the woman and tells her he dont want nothing to do with her........the writers are giving Korean woman a bad name by having them displaying these types of characters of being maniacs and acting desperate like these men are the only ones left in Korea......in every Drama this has been the case......Jenny in honey drama......Seri in best couple......TH in tom. victory.....co-worker in son n law....JY in beautiful you.....love on a rooftop....happy home.....so many I cant recall them all......writers you need to make the man do something to make the woman continue to chase them otherwise its just plain stupid to have these woman chase the men w/o some interest from the man........

doesn't   hj  character  reminds  you  of  the glen  cose  character  in  fatal a ttraction/  at least  in f atal  attraction  glenn  close  and  michael  douglas  had a  one  night  stand,  they  were  intimate  for  a  brief  moment.  but  hj and  kh never  had an  intimate  moment,  never  did kh  show  a little  tenderness  for  her  and  yet hj  is  like a  delusonal  woman  insisting  that   she eh as  to  get  him  ieven  if  he  doesn not  show  an  iota  of love.  she;s a  bit  crazy  and  needs  psychiatric  help,.   and  yes  i  agree than  db  and  kh  should have  more  itimate  moments,  a little  more  passion  since  they  are  so  in  love  with  each other.  intimacy is a  natural  progression  in  their dult  relationship.

Quick bit from Episode 97:

Spoiler

DB and GH came to MR's to drop off her daughters scarf she left at GH's place. 

DB and GH walk on the man from the accident wanting to talk to MR who is scared as GH asks who is that man and what does he wants. She makes up something to send the man off but DB looks at her running away and seems concern. 

The man is a person that has worked with MR before part of JY's death or/and DB's accident too perhaps. He has a recording of MR talking to him about doing his part in something. 

The guy wants 100,000 dollars to walk away and shut up.. (yeah right.. or he will go to NS or HD or the police and go down with MR). He says he is on hard times. (first step to him trying to continue to blackmail her every time the money runs out.)

Both DB and GH are suspicious of the man.. (so she will somehow get busted by them over this. )

MR has put the flat up for rent trying to get the security deposit to use to pay this man. And YES, NS was mad to death. She told him she had more debt and he says what debt he paid all the debt with SC's wedding money. She then begs him to do this for her letting them use the security deposit from the flat to pay the dept and take the rest and find a smaller place. NS of course is not very happy. 

EY's SIL was told there is a problem with her ovaries and that she will have a hard time getting pregnant. She think she is being punished for lying about being pregnant and for putting off getting pregnant for so long. SC was trying to tell her don't give up. 

HD wants to buy DB her furniture and dishes since she did not give her anything when she married JY and asks her not to make her feel bad and let her.

When SG was waiting in HJ's office he told her she is the reason things are like this of course she did not want to take responsibility and dared to say to him he inherited that company from her grandfather why not give it to her or split it or something stupid like this man has not had that company for over 20 years and worked hard for it. 

At the dinner she is rude to them and then later tells DB she must be happy to be getting married and have a promotion. She says she will not let her be happy. She also said she should have stopped JY from marrying DB.That she really should have found away and why does she always have to be the bridesmaid to DB.  Had she done that he would not have died that way. 

Later at the roof top flat.. DB and GH talk and DB mentions her so hurt and how HJ is still thinking of JY and GH says that he understands now.. He says the reason that HJ is so obsessed over him is not about him but she is still hung up on JY.  They both feel sorry for her. (Yes, we need someone from that time to definitely come out to tell that girl JY never wanted her. 

When HJ comes home she says HD should just leave she got what she wanted and she should stop pretending to care about her. HJ says that HD was only pretending not to think about money. SG comes out and wants to drag her off to have it out once and for all. Not going easy on her and HJ says when has he ever (is this girl stupid? all the damn time!) and she says he is not her real father and that is when GO comes out and slaps the shyt out of her asking who taught her to act like that. HJ goes running out stunned to lay on her bed. 

They elders are having a pow wow and SG asks how long has HJ known and GO tells him since right before her mom died. SG is very upset. HD wants them to give in to HJ this time but GO tells them to leave so she can rest. 

SG is beside himself upset thinking about how HJ took it all on herself since she was 8 when her mother found out. He feels bad for her knowing the truth for so long (well it should have made her appreciate the father she did have even if he was not blood!)

HD is sitting in the kitchen and HJ comes in and they both say they want to say something. HD says sit down but HJ says that's ok she will just say what she needed too. HJ tells HD that she knows her father still controls the inheritance from her grandfather and her mother and she plans to sue her family for that half. HD says you would sue your family and HJ says yes and walks off. 

That is what is going to take GO out. That HJ dares to take it to court outing their dirty laundry and causing a stir. HJ is going to loose this fight and then really have nothing or no one. (If it even gets that far before GO goes missing.) 

MR is telling the Guy again she is trying to get the money and hangs up sitting on the bed wondering how her life turned out this way. 

MR goes to the memorial for JY to put flowers and tells him that she will make up for what she did at her death. MR says DB and GH are marrying and asks if he knew (Yes, he knows GH proposed there for one and two he brought them together!!! Had MR sat down to talk and listen perhaps they would have told her how they originally met!) MR says she tried to break them up but just could not break her sons happiness (she is a liar!) so She asks JY to watch over DB and GH and not let them endure any more hardships or pain.  She asks JY to look out for them. 

Of course as she leaves she runs into HD who wants to know what she is doing there. 

Video Credit DramaSBS Channel on YouTube. 

SO HJ is going to fight her family in court for her part of her grandfathers money and her moms.. This should be interesting will she even make it to court with this or will GO get sick and go missing before hand?

I think the reason I had to take a break from this drama was because the plot was getting more ridiculous. The fact that NS brings his stepdaughter to DB's house, with all that history and DB invites her into her home is crazy, but not as over the top stupid as having DB let ML spend the night at her place. This drama enter the twilight zone serval episodes ago and never left it. The writer seems to think that people like DB is a good example of how mankind should be, to which I strongly disagree. Forgiving a person doesn't mean you need to let them run over you nor does it mean they don't have to pay for their crimes.

I truly don't think there is one female character in this drama I like. DB is too weak and overly sweet to everyone that she's unlikable for me, Se Sil is too silly, HD has no honor, HJ is over the top crazy that can't be fixed in this drama based on how the writer has written her character--the intellect of a 10 year old selfish child, MR did the most unbelievable turnaround in regards to DB that her character is really a joke to me, and Se Sil's sister in law.......oh well.  TW serves absolutely no purpose in this drama, and NS' character is nothing but a joke.

This drama was very interesting in the beginning, but the writer just made it silly to me. MR praying to JY to help her son and DB not to go throw anymore hardship!! Let me think about that one. DB's biggest hardship came from MR. Maybe she just talk to herself. The fact that she went from hating DB to now being okay with her since HJ has no money is what is most ridiculous.

Okay, I'm through venting for now and will wait until more episodes have aired before I check it out again. Episode 98 ending with MR's daughter opening somebody else mail pin points the problem with this drama....illogical.

This drama started out so good and has completely gone downhill.  How can DB be that dumb?  She owes her "adopted" father nothing after what he did to her "adoptive family".  After all her evil, MR is being portrayed as someone

good now?  Asking forgiveness? Need to take a break and wait until more episodes have aired too.  Too frustrating now to watch.  At least the 3 male leads GH, TW, and HJ's "father" are stable in this drama.  And I like that Harmoni is holding her ground with HJ, the nut. 

13 hours ago, sybil said:

This drama started out so good and has completely gone downhill.  How can DB be that dumb?  She owes her "adopted" father nothing after what he did to her "adoptive family".  After all her evil, MR is being portrayed as someone

good now?  Asking forgiveness? Need to take a break and wait until more episodes have aired too.  Too frustrating now to watch.  At least the 3 male leads GH, TW, and HJ's "father" are stable in this drama.  And I like that Harmoni is holding her ground with HJ, the nut. 

@sybil, That's the sad part though. TW is not stable either. There is something wrong with a person who kidnaps another person for a year. The writer has DB being grateful to TW for giving her this "vacation"???  That said to me, no matter how the writer tries to paint it, that DB doesn't really love GH.  She also goes to TW when she needs to rejuvenate or get things off her chest. She's so attached to TW that she can't be without him in her life.  The writer is trying to build the same type of relationship that was found in the drama "I Have A Lover", but failed miserably. In that drama he didn't kidnap her, he thought she was her twin sister (that no one knew about). You could understand the bond between those two....he was too good for her.

In my opinion, this drama is a hot mess and DB is crazy in need of therapy and so does TW. His actions were not normal and they still are not normal.  The fact that DB don't think about her parents at all, zero, zilch after regaining her memory is RIDICULOUS!

I went back and looked at a few of the first episodes and I'm wondering if it's even the same writer or director. So totally different in the "quality"....not saying it was the best in the beginning, but it was a lot better than it is now.

This is sad there are no comments since saturday and its weds.....I hope this Drama isnt going to go past 120 eps because I have really stopped watching because DB character is this Drama is just too stupid and naive I cant take it.....why she felt the need to force GH to get involved with his mother knowing what type of character she had is too unbelievable....the woman tried to kill DB....then she tried to separate them so GH could marry HJ.....MR was begging DB to leave the man for HJ....also the way MR degraded that man every time she saw him he was right to not want anything to do with her....just that situation alone was ridiculous not to mention TW...and then when they found the Loan shark contract she just believed what MR said and let the woman tear up the contract she is starting to look naive and stupid in her appearance and the way she carries herself.......I just cant watch this train wreck go past 120 eps. its crazy stupid

The money lender is going to make sure to take MR down with him. I could care less for MR since she lived well for 3 years on the money she swindled. But this guy is gunning for her and it seems at the moment he does not realize that the police are looking for him. When he is caught as the murderer of JY he will say that JY died due to MR. MR will not be able to get out of it as she has already been outed today as having worked with him to swindle NS. Once the rest comes out she is done for. She really should have come forward 3 years ago but her own greed and selfishness stopped her. Now she will completely loose everything. It is a little too late to want to distance herself from GH. She never should have come forward as his mother in the first place after all she said and did to him and DB. Her mess will roll down to him and hurt him cause she is his bio mom.

Although I am irritated with DB for continuing to push a relationship with GH and his bio mom I can see why she is doing it. She will not learn that blood is not everything and sometimes you do not need to reconnect with people who have proven to be evil and hateful and done bad things until MR is outed for the death of JY. Only then will she see she should have listened to GH who had a good measure of MR's character right from the beginning and did not want to have anything to do with her when he found out she was his mom either. GH only gives in because he does not want DB upset. So DB will have to carry this cross as she pulled this woman into their lives.  

Right now we have a few people who only have a parts of the bigger puzzle. When they all come together they will get the full picture then we need the recording JY made for them to hear exactly what happen that night. I have to wonder if the video the man talked about is of today as MR passed him money (his setting her up for still working with him when it is not true ) or from that night when JY died. Once that comes out DB will stop that and I hope she does not turn on GH as he is not at fault as he was not even with this woman and lived a hard life. It is a good thing for now HD sees he is not a fault and should not be taking responsibility for MR's mess or apologizing. Let's hope she keeps that mind set. 

I was too mad with HD and SC as well, sure you are mad that you where kicked out with nothing loosing your home and treated unfairly and SC went to jail and they used it to swindled them but they still made good both remarrying wealthy men.  They have over come that situation and was able to do so because of DB who sacrificed herself to take them in and cloth and feed them giving them a roof over their heads after the way they treated her. Instead of yelling and being mad doing a bunch of crying over what is now in the past and can't be changed sue the pants off MR. If they still even care. What does it matter now both men they have married are rich and love them they are in a better place now then 4 years ago and  they do not need the money it would only be for the principle of the thing. The only thing they need is closure. 

As for NS he is only sorry cause he has realized he was taken by MR... he lived 3 years not sorry for what he did to his wife of 30 years and his daughter and grandson. He lived well on what he stole from his family not caring at all how they had to live or what they went through. His sorry does not cut it and he still has one huge blow coming when he finds out that MR was with his son on the night he died and was the cause of that death only she came home with that darn money not saying a word. Will the divorce go through before that? I am not sure.. 

If he does not stroke out and die by the end then he will end up living in DB's old flat I bet. 

HJ well, a hard lesson is coming for her. I expect GO to go missing by friday and I hope they have removed her from the registry as well so she is not able to be put back on. 

hj  is  a  basket case.  what  did  she  gain  by  ruining  the  wedding  ceremony  of  db  and kh,  nothing,  nada.  they're  still  married, together  in  love  and  consummating  their  marriage.  what a bout  her?  she  risks  the  possibility  of  being  removed  from  the  famly  registry  meaning she  doesn't  belong  to  the  family  anymore.  she  should  get  help  to  make  her  realize  that love  is  not a  one  way  street.it  takes  2  to  tango  not just  one.   this  is  one  thing  i  can't  undersstand  with  kdramas,  there  is a  female s talker  in  almost all  dramas.  and  it  takes  almost  forever  to  get  over an  unrequited  love. as  if  first  love  is  forever  and  never  dies. 

please  illuminate  me on  how  exactly  did  jun  young  die  and  if  mil lae  has  something  to  do with  it.this  mil  lae  should  be  in  jail  if  she  is really  involved  with  his  death.

10 hours ago, lauren2b2 said:

please  illuminate  me on  how  exactly  did  jun  young  die  and  if  mil lae  has  something  to  do with  it.this  mil  lae  should  be  in  jail  if  she  is really  involved  with  his  death

JY followed MR and the money lenders after they conned NS (MR made NS think the money lenders had come to her home and beat her and tore up her house because she owed them a large sum of money.....so NS sold his wifes home and used his wife's money that she had saved over 30years to give to the money lenders.......JY followed the money lenders and MR where they were splitting up the money they conned from NS and JY was altimately hit in the head fell into some heavy bars/ladder that fell on him and he died. MR went right on home like nothing happened....(I think JY was recording some of their convo on his phone not sure what happened to the phone)

Well I decided to check out the tail end of this drama today for the first time in a while. All I can say is over the top ridiculous. I thought the worst daily drama I had ever seen was "Crazy Love". I think this one tops the cake. It has ever drama cliche possible thrown into it and bad writing and directing on top of it. It's hard to believe that the screeching Se Sil is played by the same actress that played in "She Was Pretty".  Why the director has some of these really good actors acting over the top and unnatural is beyond me. There has been absolutely zero, zero character development. The same weak and evil people we started with are the same people now.  GH has just become....pitiful. MR doesn't have a conscience and probably never will. HJ is just a badly written contradiction. Upset about her grandmother being sick, then treats her so poorly at the end? Then the grandmother is kidnapped? What in the world? MR is there and will probably say nothing because she has to hide the fact that she's partially to blame for JY's death. DB is the character I hate the most at this point because she's too stupid-good. She's like a dessert that is soooooo sweet that it makes your teeth hurt.

I think I will truly come back at the very end....if I remember.

i  cannot  understand  this  kneeling  to a sk  for  forgiveness  in  korean  culture. as  if  kneeling and  begging  for  forgiveness  will  erase  all  the  heartaches,  pain,  hate  fostered  by  mil lae  to  ho  dok  and  her  family.  hodok  lost  everything,  her house,  her  life  savings  and  her  son  because  of  what  mi  lae  did  and  the  scammed  husband  just  let  it  go.   the  hsuband  letting  all go b ecause  kang  hyun  beg  for  forgiveness. now  that  the  grandmother  gets unwittingly  involved  and  kidnapped  because  of  milae,  will  she  again  beg  for  forgiveness  to  let  go  of  her  sins.  stop  it.  let  the  police and  the  jsutice  department  take  over,  she  needs  to go  to jail  to pay  her  debts  to  society,

i  am  one  person  who  forgives  but  does  not  forget  things  done  to  me.  there should  be  some  form  of  retribution. btw,  how  new  is  this  actress  playing  hyang,  such a  ham a ctress  all those  facial  tics and irritating  mannerisms  really  turn  me  off.

i  don't  know  how  will  it  all  gets  resolved  but  i  want  some  form  of  justice  not  jsut t hrowing  mil  lae and  her  husband  to  the  countryside  doing  farm  work  to atone  for  what t hey  did  to  ho  dok, dan  byul,  kang  hyun et  al.  that's  how  kdramas make  their  villains  do  penitence,  make  them go  to jail  to  pay  for  their  debtss  to  society.

p.s.  is  the  actress  playing  dan  byul a  vetran  actress?  how  come  she  has  this half open lips  expression whether  she  is  happy, s ad  or  blue.  she  has  the  same hang dog  , half open lips, half awed  expression all  the  time.

Okay, I tried again to watch this morning and all I can say is this drama is just down right stupid and poorly written. It's written with the same silliness as SNL skits are written.

1. how many almost and actual car accidents did this drama contain?  GH, DB, DB, HD, HD, DB (I may have missed one)

2. How many suicide attempt? HJ, HJ, MR, MR

3. How man kidnappings? DB, GO

4. How many over the top scenes of DB being stupid kind to her enemies? ep 1 - 105 (this as far as I've seen)

5. How many scenes where he evil continue to be evil while pretending to be nice? 1 - 105

6. Scenes where you see people have truly developed for the better?  0, zero, nada

7. Best character that was ruined by this drama?  GH (he was the only one that stood up for right vs wrong).

8. Person that shows the least empathy for those that have been wronged? At first I thought it was HD when she kneeled before DB. Now I think DB takes the absolute cake. She's moved the woman who broke up her mother's in law marriage into her house that she's paying rent for. Yes this woman is now her mother in law, but she is also the person who tried to kill her. If it wasn't for GO disowning HJ, MR would still be trying to marry GH to HJ. Stupid!!!!

9. How many types of drama cliches? Amnesia, kidnapping, car accident, time jump, suicide attempt, over the top to an extreme evil and forgiveness, noble (stupid) idiocy, deep thought shower scenes (well I didn't mind the too much--always made me wonder what was under the bandage covering GH's tattoo), begging on their knees, opening other people's mail (overload in this drama), etc.

10. Characters that are grateful to their kidnapers after being kidnapped? GO and DB

11. Getting on their knees to beg: GO, HD, DB, GH,GH, MR, MR,NS, MR, HJ, NS (they should all just crawl around on their knees all the time for what it's worth).

12. Stupid plot lines:  

a) DB being grateful to her kidnapper that kept her hidden for a year.  That's not the bad part because there is a thing called Stockholm Syndrome that patients feel for their kidnappers. The bad part is this is not seen as an issue in this drama. TW's actions are not viewed as a crime and it's okay because DB was okay. She saw it as a vacation. From what? Her self inflicted guilt over her involvement with her parent's death? The fact that she feels she has to let people run over her? I guess it was a vacation because she hasn't changed at all;.... except, she gained back her memory, but is no longer bothered by the fact that she accidentally killed them? Also, whatever happened to DB getting professional help from the doctor? That storyline went nowhere. Worse part is everyone is grateful to TW for taking care of DB? Taking care of the person he kidnapped? This drama also doesn't go into the intimacy in which DB and TW had to experience together. I had an aunt who was paralyzed and I can assure you that TW had to help paralyzed DB with bathing, going to the bathroom, undressing, etc. DB never learned to be self sufficient prior to being hit by TW's brother.  That's why this whole plot line is just plain stupid.  

b ) GH accepting TW as DB's "brother" although he knows TW likes her romantically. Even encourages the two to have a dinner that is "romantic" in nature with wine. WTH? Accepts MR as his mother when she has really done nothing, absolutely nothing to show a personality change. Will he become just as dense as DB and hide the fact that his mother knew where GO was and said absolutely nothing. Despite being his biological mother, this woman is a stranger to GH. Also, GH has a dream of his mother walking away and leaving him on a crowded street while holding a baby in her arms. This has been his reoccurring nightmare for years.  We then have MR painting a different picture. She's shown as broken hearted as she leaves GH in front of these people's home; then hides and look on. The twisted part? When MR runs into the lady who owns the house where she left GH, she wants to know how he's doing.  The woman says "I thought he left with you".  Did I miss something? MR and this woman didn't meet when she left GH and hid.  As a matter of fact, there wasn't a soul around when she left GH. What a contradiction. All in an effort to make MR look better? Writer failed miserably. Then the writer keeps having MR's daughter tell GH how much their mother looked for him and suffered because she couldn't find him. Again, did I miss something? MR NEVER looked for GH in all the years she gave him up. She only looked for him when she realized he was not with that woman. Even then, she had only been looking for a couple of weeks. What foolishness is this?

c) HJ is over the top evil because the men she likes, don't like her in return so she tries to kill the woman they love.  JY never dated HJ, and yet she still tries to claim him as 'her man'. While weak DB never once calls her out on that lie. We then have her 'dating' GH for all of 1 or 2 weeks before he calls it quits. It's not like HJ didn't know her mother, she did. She was a little older if not the same age as DB when she lost her parents. For HJ to be this crazy and obsessive, she truly needs a lot of mental help. Not only her, but so does DB. She also has a drinking problem with suicidal thoughts. This woman needs professional help. 

d) Gangster that killed JY of which MR, who has absolutely no conscious, is aware.  They know she doesn't want her 'husband' to know that she was there so they bribe her saying they will expose the fact that she was there if she doesn't pay them.  WTH??!!  The person who committed murder with the most to lose is bribing the witness to the crime?  LOL.....:lol::lol:.  That has to be the most ridiculous plot line ever in any drama that I've seen. She scammed her own 'husband' out of money by working with the gangsters, and NS is going to forgive her of this? Despite everything else that he's found out about her?  :crazy:

e) HD taking the crap that HJ has been dishing out and tries to cling to her as if she's a beloved, flesh and blood daughter, while treating the woman who she had raised as a child (DB) like crap.:lol::lol::lol::lol:  No words to express again how ridiculous.

f) The convenient video tape and the missing video tape. No video tape available when DB went missing. However, video tape is available when gangster takes GO to the nursing home. No video when DB is locked in the storage area (in an office building) however, video is available in the parking garage when HJ tried to run her down like a dog.

I could go on and on. This started out pretty good, although frustrating. I was very hopeful that the lead female would get a backbone and that the other characters would be 'developed' along the way. That never happened. When they had the time jump around the 70 episode and DB came back as naive and unbelievable sweet to her own detriment, it truly felt like the Twilight Zone and it never left.  Extremely frustrating watch.

I will give this writer kudos for writing Daring Women. What the writer did in that drama was make the evil people pay along the way. Gave the lead female a backbone.  Had a main theme that carried the entire drama, but focused on other issues and obstacles, but resolved them along the way, along with payback--didn't have to wait to the end. You saw the development of the characters along the way. Similar to the development you see in Dong Yi (not as good as Dong Yi, but good).  

It's hard to believe that this is the same writer that wrote  Daring Women. 

@iclarakl i  agree  with  you  re  mil  lae  , she  has  absolutely  no  conscience,  she  knew  of  husband's  son's  death  but  she  ignored it  for  years  and  because  of  mishaps  the  grandma  was  kidnapped  and  released  after  paying 'ransom' and  she  still  claimed  she  is a  victim.  victim  of  what?   hj  is  right,  she  isn't coming  forthright  and  again  is  hiding  something(it  takes  one  to  know  one).  inspite  of  what  mil  lae  did,  the  daughter  still  expected  the  husband  to  forgive and  live  with  her.  to  me  that  kneeling  on  your  knees  to  ask  for  forgiveness  is  overrated.  you  can  forgive  but  she  still  has  to  answer  to  the  authorities  and  to  the  law.  is  it  really  prevalent  in  korean  culture,  that  kneeling  to ask  for  forgiveness.  or  just  common  in  kdrama.  how  old a re  these  kdrama  writers,  aren't  they  not influenced  by  the  times?who  would  get  first  to the  cellphone,  hd, hj  or  mil  lae?  that's  the  next  chapter.  i  think  mil  lae  shouldn't b e  jsut  exiled  to  another  country,  ship  her  to  jail  so  she  can  atone  for  her misdeeds  and  pay  her  crimes to  society.

p.s.  i  can  still  add  one  irritating  acting  tic  of  the  actress  playing  dan  byul,  her  eyes  widen  everytime  she  discovers  something and  along  with  it her perpetual  half open  lips.  is  she  a  major  actress,  this  is  the  first  time  i've  seen  her  in a  kdrama.  su  ji  seok  i've  seen  in a  lot  of  kdramas .

6 hours ago, lauren2b2 said:

@iclarakl i  agree  with  you  re  mil  lae  , she  has  absolutely  no  conscience,  she  knew  of  husband's  son's  death  but  she  ignored it  for  years  and  because  of  mishaps  the  grandma  was  kidnapped  and  released  after  paying 'ransom' and  she  still  claimed  she  is a  victim.  victim  of  what?   hj  is  right,  she  isn't coming  forthright  and  again  is  hiding  something(it  takes  one  to  know  one).  inspite  of  what  mil  lae  did,  the  daughter  still  expected  the  husband  to  forgive and  live  with  her.  to  me  that  kneeling  on  your  knees  to  ask  for  forgiveness  is  overrated.  you  can  forgive  but  she  still  has  to  answer  to  the  authorities  and  to  the  law.  is  it  really  prevalent  in  korean  culture,  that  kneeling  to ask  for  forgiveness.  or  just  common  in  kdrama.  how  old a re  these  kdrama  writers,  aren't  they  not influenced  by  the  times?who  would  get  first  to the  cellphone,  hd, hj  or  mil  lae?  that's  the  next  chapter.  i  think  mil  lae  shouldn't b e  jsut  exiled  to  another  country,  ship  her  to  jail  so  she  can  atone  for  her misdeeds  and  pay  her  crimes to  society.

p.s.  i  can  still  add  one  irritating  acting  tic  of  the  actress  playing  dan  byul,  her  eyes  widen  everytime  she  discovers  something and  along  with  it her perpetual  half open  lips.  is  she  a  major  actress,  this  is  the  first  time  i've  seen  her  in a  kdrama.  su  ji  seok  i've  seen  in a  lot  of  kdramas .

I actually think it has to do with he directing. I have seen most of all these actors in major dramas and their acting is so much better. The actress playing DB is in one of my favorite dramas - "Stars Are Falling", Se Sil - "She Was Pretty". In this drama, I find these two most irritating, but in those dramas I really liked their characters and their acting. In this drama, everything is over the top, including the plot line.

Archived