• Director: Jung Hyo
  • Writer: Park Ye-Gyung
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes:120
  • Release Date: December 14, 2015 --
  • Runtime: Monday - Friday 19:15
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Oh Dan-Byul (Choi Jung-Won) lost her parents due to her own mistake. She marries Joon-Young (Kim Jeong-Hoon), but her husband passes away.

Meanwhile, her mother-in-law, Ho-Duk (Yoo Ji-In), divorces because of her husband's infidelity and her sister-in-law, Se-Sil (Shin Dong-Mi), returns to South Korea after divorcing her Italian husband.

Now, these three women live together while overcoming their own personal problems and becoming important to each other.

Cast

Choi Jung-Won - Oh Dan-Byul

Cr. Asianwiki

NOTICE TO ALL - PLEASE READ!

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming.

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever,Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for making the thread Diva... I wonder if they will stay true to a 40 episode daily? And if so is this a new trend for SBS? How will that adjust the plot timing as well? Will that speed up how things are revealed in these drama's? Also will it cut out a lot of the crazy things we see such as amnesia etc?

Will Seo Ji Suk be her love interest or just a friend?

She be a fun ride to see what this drama will be about when it takes for for HGB..

Thanks for making the thread Diva... I wonder if they will stay true to a 40 episode daily? And if so is this a new trend for SBS? How will that adjust the plot timing as well? Will that speed up how things are revealed in these drama's? Also will it cut out a lot of the crazy things we see such as amnesia etc?

She be a fun ride to see what this drama will be about when it takes for for HGB..

We don't have to many episodes left in TFGW Are we getting a short morning drama until this one airs.. I didn't hear anything of and extention for the train wreck already showing but this one sounds interesting.. I wonder will the DIL find another man after being with the two divorcees for so long..

Morning @suchadiva42,  Thanks for the thread opening..

@Ldy Gmerm, @valsava,  Your welcome chingu's and good morning as well.

Ldy I really like SJS and hope he'll be CJW love interest, that's why I opened up this thread loving me some CJW since Her Lengend, SFFTS, dramas. and now I'm so glad she's in this daily drama in which I can see her 5 days a week :D

@suchadiva42, thank you for starting the thread!

@Ldy Gmerm It's scheduled to be a standard length (120 episode) daily drama. We had some confusion about that on the Hwang Geum Bok thread a couple of days ago, but it's been cleared up. 

From what I've gleaned, SJS will play an executive in some large company and CJW's character's new love interest after her husband's death. :) I like both of those actors, so I will definitely be keeping an eye on this drama. I curious about the scriptwriter though. I haven't watched any of their other dramas.

Photos from the first script reading held on October 17.  Apparently, Choi Jung Won and this director have worked together before. ("Pick Up the Stars" in 2010)

Image source: SBS and http://www.starseoultv.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=358279

JFcvP8X.jpg

Looks like they've already started filming. From Seo Ji Seok's instagram:

@suchadiva42 :)Hello chingu...thanks for starting this thread. *mwwaahh*

I had no idea this drama with CJW is hitting the airwaves soon. I haven't been able to watch a number of ongoing/past dailies which do interest me, and they are on my to-watch list. This, however, with CJW making her comeback, and reuniting with Cheongdamdong Scandal's PDnim Jung Hyo, look like it will be a good one. While I'm rooting for CJW's comeback and reunion with PD Jung, there's also Manny SJS and Danny Ahn, amongst others to look out for. 

I see a couple other familiar chingus @Ldy Gmerm@valsava hello!:) and hi to all others who will be watching this drama.

A little news update...

Reunion of PDnim Jung Hyo and Choi Jung Won, 5 years after 'Stars Falling From the Sky'.

neOhLZU.jpg

CR: JOINS

Another pic of the recent script-reading event...

LLVPhH9.jpg

CR: LOVESBEAUTY

CJW confirmed comeback in 'Castle of the Witches/Witches Castle' after 2 years away from the small screen.

8VkdF3g.jpg

CR: BREAKNEWS

Remember her in 'Her Legend' (2013)? Love that drama :)  And with the excellent CDDS under PDnim's belt, this drama looks very promising indeed! My only concern/worry is with writernim Park Ye Gyung, whose most recent project of 'Passionate Love' which I've watched for the main OTP, but couldn't complete it due to the plot going too makjangish. I hope this drama will not suffer similarly. Though I did like her not so recent projects (which I'd marathoned over holidays after they have wrapped up) like 'Daring Women' and 'My Daughter The Flower'. 

열애 포토 보기

내 딸 꽃님이 포토 보기

당돌한 여자 포토 보기

CR: DAUM

All I can say, however it will turn out, CJW and SJS are good enough reasons (for me) to watch it. Besides, the positives far outweigh the negatives, so still very hopeful for a good watch. :P

Guest manquant

Found a DB write up about the show (http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/news-bites-november-8-2015/)

Witch’s Castle, the daily drama which will take the place of Return of Hwang Geum-bok, is finalizing its cast. The show will be about three women: a mother-in-law, daughter-in-law and sister-in-law, all living together in one house after having become single again. At first, the three women will be at odds, but they’ll come to understand and begin to lean on each other. Choi Jung-won (Her Legend) is the daughter-in-law — although usually mild-mannered, her short temper gets the better of her at times and lands her in hot water. 

Also cast is Danny Ahn of g.o.d (Jang-gook Becomes Dallae), playing a villainous landlord. His character is a self-made man, but because of the hard work he’s put in, he’s incredibly stingy. Shin Dong-mi (She Was Pretty) and Lee Hae-in (Age of Feeling) also play supporting roles: Shin is a frank, free-spirited woman who married, then divorced, a Westerner; Lee is a financial executive and heiress. Witch’s Castle begins in early December on SBS.

Guest manquant

Hi chingus~

This is admittedly my first try at watching live a daily but the familiar actresses portraying the three main characters: the daughter-in-law (Brain), the mother-in-law (MHGAF) and the sister-in-law (She Was Pretty) warrants a try. I think the premise is well-meant and how nice would it be for this kdrama if it can really deliver these women overcoming differences and growing into a close-knit family post-marriage. 

Had a previous experience with the writer's work in 여래 (mostly known as Passionate Love but you can find it as Madly in Love in Viki). I periodically have this "let's-go-makjang phase" so I did watch it knowing it'd be chockful of over the top usage of tropes and twists but it wasn't that messy as far as the genre goes. Fair warning, the plot/antagonist goes batshit crazy a lot - effect on me was sometimes infuriating but often ironically hilarious. Writer-nim did redeem the show by tying plot threads up well, leaving a sense of satisfaction, for the most part.

First semester will be over by the time this starts and hopefully, this first venture would be worth spending vacation time over. 

• 5 weeks later...

@tinatrix236 I'll join you in hoping that this one will be better than its predecessor! :)  I still can't understand what happened with that one.

If anyone is interested, the official Witch's Castle page at SBS is finally up and it has cast photos and character descriptions.

Short teaser:

The official posters look really nice. (There are 2 more images under the spoiler)

Image credit: SBS

rT0ZeDM.jpg

Spoiler

dijCxzI.jpg

LCTssgv.jpg

Thanks chingu's for the stills, comments, teaser, cast, plus here are the cast with their names so we can know who is who.

CAST

Witch's Castle-Choi Jung-Won.jpg Witch's Castle-Seo Ji-Suk.jpg Yoo Ji-In Witch's Castle-Shin Dong-Mi.jpg Kim Jeong-Hoon
Choi Jung-Won Seo Ji-Suk Yoo Ji-In Shin Dong-Mi Kim Jeong-Hoon
Oh Dan-Byul Shin Gang-Hyun Yang Ho-Duk Gong Se-Sil Gong Joon-Young

Jung Han-Yong Witch's Castle-Kim Sun-Kyung.jpg Witch's Castle-Ga Won.jpg Witch's Castle-Paul Lambert.jpg Witch's Castle-Lee Hae-In.jpg
Jung Han-Yong Kim Sun-Kyung Ga Won Paul Lambert Lee Hae-In
Gong Nam-Soo Seo Mil-Rae Seo Hyang Leo Moon Hee-Jae

Witch's Castle-Choi Il-Hwa.jpg Witch's Castle-Na Moon-Hee.jpg Jung Wook Witch's Castle-Danny Ahn.jpg Witch's Castle-Kim Seung-Hwan.jpg
Choi Il-Hwa Na Moon-Hee Jung Wook Danny Ahn Kim Seung-Hwan
Moon Sang-Gook Chun Geum-Ok Wang Yoo-Sung Baek Eun-Yong Baek Geum-Yong

Kim Min-Hee
Kim Min-Hee
Hong Choon-Sul

Cr: Asianwiki

Guest manquant

Here's the six-minute preview, chingus. Re: blank post above - tried posting the official site and photos but embeds are iffy. :sweatingbullets: Anyway, back to the trailer... watched it and despite wanting to find a reason not to start a daily drama, still left more curious about the main ladies. :wub: See you all on Monday, I guess ;) 

Archived