crazy korean foods

Pork skin This particular delicacy is famous for being good for your skin, as it boasts high levels of collagen. It definitely looks the part, as it’s got the chewy and gelatinous texture you might expect from it, in a small way similar to chicken feet, which is also mostly skin. No crunchy pork rinds here. […]

The post crazy korean foods appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

DUDE - the "fermented skate" aka 홍어 is actually fermented in the skate fish's URINE. That stuff is nasty. When I was living in Korea, one town over had a festival around the dish once a year and for the whole festival weekend the air in all the surrounding towns smelled like urine.

... it was about as wonderful as you'd imagine it to be.

Blood sausage, various offal (intestines, brains, sweet meats, stomach, etc), chicken feet, blood pudding/soup, & pork skin (I'm SOUTHERN - we can buy deep fried pork skin in the local groceries here!) are not confined to Korea. I lived in Scotland & ate haggis & blood sausage.
I totally draw the line at eating things that are MOVING on my PLATE, or really smell foul. And I refuse to eat insects. Call me prejudiced...

"Maybe it’ll make you feel better if you knew that Cheon Song Yi (Jun Ji Hyun) from “My Love From the Star” loves this stuff."

Oooooh, I just started watching this show and I thought Do Min Joon was the alien. So CSY is a Klingon who had plastic surgery to remove her head ridges. Got it!

(sorry, the internal Trekkie geek couldn't resist cuz resistance is futile)

Guest xiyima_stv

Apart from the moving things, the puppae and the pennis fish, most of this stuff is found in Spanish cuisine. I don't think I'd suffer much eating in Korea.
Btw, chicken feet are reaaaaaaaally tasty!!! I haven't tried the Korean recipe though, would love to.

"Maybe it’ll make you feel better if you knew that Cheon Song Yi (Jun Ji Hyun) from “My Love From the Star” loves this stuff."

Oooooh, I just started watching this show and I thought Do Min Joon was the alien. So CSY is a Klingon who had plastic surgery to remove her head ridges. Got it!

(sorry, the internal Trekkie geek couldn't resist cuz resistance is futile)

sooooo nerdy (and awesome :D) TNG rules! haha

DUDE - the "fermented skate" aka 홍어 is actually fermented in the skate fish's URINE. That stuff is nasty. When I was living in Korea, one town over had a festival around the dish once a year and for the whole festival weekend the air in all the surrounding towns smelled like urine.

... it was about as wonderful as you'd imagine it to be.

no. just no. really? nooooo.

Guest lovelykittea

I'm vegetarian, so I can't eat any of this. But even if I ate meat, I would NOT touch the soondae (I saw my classmates eating it when i was studying abroad in Korea this summer), the cow/pig/lamb entrails, the sliced raw octopus, the silkworm pupae, the fermented skate, or the live spoon worm.

Guest alana_b

A chunk of these foods are also found in the Black community/southern community: pork skins, chicken feet, chitterlings, blood sausage. In reality, many cultures eat some of these items... Except silk worm pupae though. That's too far for me... so is the coagulated blood...

Archived