[Upcoming Movie 2016] Operation Chromite (Incheon Landing Operation) 인천상륙작전

djappleblush

I started this thread but I was so busy so I wasn't able to update it.

Thanks, RoseM and others, for posting the updates. You guys are awesome.

BTW, how can I edit the title of this thread? I wanna put in the Korean title so it would be easier for Koreans to search for this. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dalappleblush said:

I started this thread but I was so busy so I wasn't able to update it.

Thanks, RoseM and others, for posting the updates. You guys are awesome.

BTW, how can I edit the title of this thread? I wanna put in the Korean title so it would be easier for Koreans to search for this. :)

Just go back onto the first page and click edit on the very fists post 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

March 8, 2016

‘Operation Chromite’ drops teaser poster

(CJ E&M)

A new poster of the Korean War blockbuster film “Operation Chromite” was revealed on Tuesday.

It has both Korean and English titles, and also depicts many soldiers in the background who seem to be advancing toward the enemy.

The flick has garnered much attention after it was confirmed that famous actor Liam Neeson would star in the movie, and his stills were unveiled ahead of this poster.

(CJ E&M)

Neeson took the role of famed U.S. General Douglas MacArthur who made a great contribution to liberating South Korea during Korean War.

It portrays heroic Korean troopers who carried out a secret operation called “X-ray” that preceded the Operation Chromite, widely known as Incheon Landing Operation.

Other cast members include actors Lee Jung-jae, Lee Bum-soo, Jung Jun-ho and actress Jin Se-yun.

The film will premiere this year, but the exact date has not been confirmed yet.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

Hollywood actor Liam Neeson and actor Lee Jung-jae, the cast members of Korean War flick “Operation Chromite” have wrapped up their four-month movie shoot. 

The film’s distributor CJ E&M on Friday said the flick finished filming at the movie set in Hapcheon, South Gyeongsang Province. 

“Operation Chromite,” named after the code name for the Battle of Incheon, centers on the invasion and battle during the Korean War that turned the tide of the war in favor of South Korea and the U.N. forces. Neeson plays the role of U.S. Gen. Douglas MacArthur, who was behind the operation. Lee takes the role of Jang Hak-su, a South Korean naval captain who headed the spy operation called X-Ray, which preceded Operation Chromite.

Lee Jung-jae and director Lee Jae-han (CJ E&M)

“I participated in the filming full-heartedly, trying to pour the moving emotion into the film, which I felt when I read the script for the first time. I hope this sentiment will be traced in the film and conveyed to the viewers,” said Lee. 

Actor Lee Bum-soo joins the cast as the North Korean officer, along with actor Jung Joon-ho and actress Jin Se-yun. 

The flick is directed by Lee Jae-han, also known as John H. Lee, who is behind “A Moment to Remember” and “71: Into the Fire.” 

The blockbuster war flick opens in theaters sometime this year. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 3:53 AM, A Naii said:

It has an american style,especially with Liam these kind of movies reach easily millions of viewers,I hope the best for seyeonie ! fighting:rolleyes:

That's so true. Finally, Se Yeon has the chance to be known more internationally, specially outside Asian boundaries. :)

March 31, 2016

Korean War Flick Raises W500 Million from Crowdfunding

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

A movie featuring Liam Neeson about the Incheon Landing during the Korean War has attracted W500 million in crowdfunding (US$1=W1,148).

If all goes well, "Operation Chromite" will be released later this year.

It tells the story of intelligence officers in a spy operation during the landing, with Neeson appearing as Gen. Douglas MacArthur.

This is the first time that a Korean film production has attracted money through stock-type crowdfunding which gives investors a slice of the profit, however small.

The Financial Services Commission on Wednesday said the producers attracted 288 investors in just seven days and met their target of W500 million.

Investors will receive a 5.6-percent profit after the break-even point of 5 million viewers.

• 1 month later...

May 17, 2016

‘Operation Chromite’ to premiere in July

The Liam Neeson-toplined “Operation Chromite” confirmed its release in July on Tuesday, according to its distributor CJ Entertainment.

Poster of war film "Operation Chromite" (CJ Entertainment)

A newly-released teaser poster features Hollywood star Neeson and Korean actors Lee Jung-jae and Lee Bum-soo.

Neeson took the role of the U.N. commander in chief, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, who led the operation to victory.

Lee Jung-jae plays a South Korean lieutenant in the navy named Jang Hak-soo who supports the covert operation, while Lee Bum-soo portrays North Korean commander Rim Kye-jin.

The film is based the Incheon landing, a pivotal moment in the 1950-53 Korean War that took place on Sept. 15, 1950.

The film is directed by South Korean filmmaker John H. Lee who made romantic melodrama “A Moment to Remember” (2004) and war film “71-Into the Fire” (2010).

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

Archived