[Upcoming Movie 2016] Operation Chromite (Incheon Landing Operation) 인천상륙작전

djappleblush

"Operation Chromite"

hPS28xQ.jpg

Brace yourselves, guys! A new movie is about to be released in 2016, and it sure looks promising, from the cast to the plot, mingling local and international celebrities to form a delightful cocktail of action, heroism, bravery and courage for us to enjoy.

Title: Operation Chromite (Incheon Landing Operation)

Director: John H. Lee

Scriptwriter: Lee Man Hee

Casts: Liam Neeson (as Gen. Douglas McArthur)

Lee Jung Jae (as Jang Hak Su)

Lee Beom Soo (as Rim Kye Jin)

Jin Se Yeon

Jung Hoon Ho

Release date: July 2016

"A star-studded cast has been revealed for upcoming film Incheon Landing Operation (called ‘Operation Chromite’ for international releases). The film is based on a real operation during the Korean War of the same name where General Douglas MacArthur (who will be portrayed by Liam Neeson) planned an operation for the United Nations to retake Incheon and then recapture Seoul just two weeks later from North Korea. This film will focus on a covert ‘X-Ray’ operation where Lee Jung Jae plays the Korean commander who must succeed with his troop members in order for General MacArthur’s plans to succeed. Lee Beom Soo has also signed on to play a North Korean colonel. Jin Se Yeon has signed on to play a nurse and it seems that Kim Sun Ah may also appear in the film along with Jung Joon Ho and Choo Sung Hoon. The film is aiming for a 2016 release date."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, Oct. 30 (Yonhap) -- The upcoming South Korean war film "Operation Chromite" will pay tribute to the little-known heroes of the Battle of Incheon, producers said Friday.

On Sept. 15, 1950, the U.N. and South Korean forces penetrated Incheon, then captured by the North, through an amphibious invasion. That invasion, known as the Battle of Incheon, saved South Korea from the brink of Korean War defeat and played a decisive role in its victory against the North, according to historians.

"Operation Chromite," directed by John H. Lee, will center on a secret intelligence unit that spied on North Korea to prepare for that historic battle.

"At first, I thought it would be another war movie, but upon reading the scenario, I realized it's more of a suspense thriller," South Korean actor Lee Jung-jae told reporters at a press conference in Seoul. "I decided to take part because it sheds critical light on the sacrifices made by the intelligence unit and people of Incheon."

Lee will play Jang Hak-su, a South Korean naval captain who spearheaded the spy operation called "X-Ray." A total of 17 soldiers were part of the Korea Liaison Office (KLO), the intelligence unit.

American actor Liam Neeson, who couldn't make the press conference due to a scheduling conflict, will star as the mastermind of the Incheon Landing, U.S. General Douglas MacArthur. South Korean actor Lee Beom-soo will be the villain, Rim Kye-jin, who controlled the North's troops in Incheon.

South Korean actor Jung Joon-ho, who will portray a fictional character that led the Incheon branch of the KLO, echoed Lee Jung-jae's comments, saying the film will document a critical part of South Korean history.

"I wanted to help show our future generations how South Korea came to be and how these hidden heroes played a big part," Jung said.

Lee Jung-jae, meanwhile, dismissed anticipation that "Operation Chromite" will be his big break into Hollywood.

"People ask if this will be my Hollywood break, but I tell them it's Neeson's break into K-movies," Lee said, laughing.

John H. Lee, who directed another Korean War film five years ago, said he'd been wanting to shoot another war movie since "71: Into the Fire," a story of South Korean students who fought in the Korean War.

"I remember thinking after '71: Into the Fire' that I want to film another war movie," he said, "the reason being the unique charm and drama of war films. They capture humanity in its direst situations."

"Operation Chromite" will open in July 2016.

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

OMG so proud of Seoyonie!!!....These group of actors in the lineup are actors with multiple awards to their name. Especially that main lead actor Lee Jung Jae ..he got like multiples box office to his name. His last movie "Assassinations" hits like 10 millions tickets sale in August this year. It was an honor for Seoyonie to be able to work along side him. Hope this movie will be a big hit too like many of Lee Jung Jae other movies too. Wow she'll be playing Lee Jung Jae's girlfriend too.

She can also learn from working with these wonderful group of actors.... i bet they will take care of her being in the only girl in the casts. Thanks@djappleblush for sharing this wonderful news with us. Keep us updated.

OMG so proud of Seoyonie!!!....These group of actors in the lineup are one heck of expert actors with multiple awards to their name. Especially that main lead actor Lee Jung Jae ..he got like multiples box office to his name. His last movie "Assassinations" hits like 10 millions tickets sale in August this year. It was an honor for Seoyonie to be able to work along side him. Hope this movie will be a big hit too like many of Lee Jung Jae other movies too. Wow she'll be playing Lee Jung Jae's girlfriend too.

She can also learn from working with these wonderful group of actors.... i bet they will take care of her being in the only girl in the casts. Thanks@djappleblush for sharing this wonderful news with us. Keep us updated :D

You're very much welcome! :)) It's a great pleasure. :D

posterphoto651793.jpg

Actor Lee Jeong-jae will appear in the war film"Operation Chromite" about Douglas MacArthur, who led the amphibious Incheon Landing during the Korean War.

Hollywood star Liam Neeson has been cast for a role of the American five-star general, and Lee will play the role of a Korean lieutenant in the navy.

"I'm so happy that I have a chance to work with Neeson, who is making his debut in a Korean film", Lee said with a laugh during a press event in Seoul last week. "I chose the film because it was based on a true story. I think it will be more like a spy film rather than a war film".

"I am looking forward to filming, and I'm very excited and anxious at the same time as I have high expectation for the film", Lee added.

The film is scheduled to be released sometime in 2016.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived