[Drama 2015-2016] Tomorrow Victory 내일도 승리 7:50KST

Ldy Gmerm

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ep. 2 English subs are at Darksmurfsub for download.  Since I am the only one doing it, and I have only very little time, this is going very slow and I may only finish a couple of episodes a week.  But I guess we will do at least that for now, as no subs seem to be there anywhere.  Any of you who know Korean would be most welcome to join and speed up the work.... It takes about 8 to 10 hours of work for each episode for me. So, any help is welcome.

@ina111

I'm surprised....HJ actually has experience in the medical field! It makes me wonder about the life changing event which made him leave that behind. I must say that the scene where he rescues JK is one of the funniest so far because I really thought he would be outed once more as a con man lol! Good to see that he does have the expertise. 

Now JK and her mother are just nasty..how do you bully one of the people who saved you?! SW is worse for just watching while his crazy wife insulted and threw money at SR. Thank goodness HJ intervened and defended SR from them smh. SW will certainly be left wondering about the connection between those two and will be jealous when he finds out that she leaves with him. Something tells me he will get possessive later on...he is that crazy!

@ina111

I'm surprised....HJ actually has experience in the medical field! It makes me wonder about the life changing event which made him leave that behind. I must say that the scene where he rescues JK is one of the funniest so far because I really thought he would be outed once more as a con man lol! Good to see that he does have the expertise. 

Now JK and her mother are just nasty..how do you bully one of the people who saved you?! SW is worse for just watching while his crazy wife insulted and threw money at SR. Thank goodness HJ intervened and defended SR from them smh. SW will certainly be left wondering about the connection between those two and will be jealous when he finds out that she leaves with him. Something tells me he will get possessive later on...he is that crazy!

@tinatrix236,    Did she loose her baby ?

@ina111

Yes she did after she found out that SW was getting married to JK smh. I hope you get caught up soon because this drama is not as bad as I expected it to be ...so far of course! :D

@jayakris THANK YOU!

@tinatrix236 I didn't see that coming either. :D I totally expected HJ to run away, or worse, to screw up by pretending to be a doctor and get both himself and SR in trouble. I was pleasantly surprised that none of that happened. He definitely showed his cool side in this episode, first by saving JG's life, and then by standing up for SR and even returning the reward money. (LOL, I bet he'll whine to SR about that money later.)

I also wonder what happened in HJ's past to make him leave medicine. Given how hesitant he was to engage, I'm thinking it might have been something traumatic, like losing a patient through medical error. I wonder if his losing his job as a doctor is related to Ja Du's mom leaving.

I'm also really curious about what happened between his mother and JG's. After all, it was strange that we saw him dropped off at the orphanage (at least I think that was an orphanage) by SR's mom, but then we also saw a photo of him together with his mother at the temple (episode 12). I think the lady at the temple said that his mother died 20 years ago from cancer, and that he was taken away by his grandmother after that. In the next episode when JG's mother was looking at their photo, I think she said "I made a mistake at that time. I shouldn't have returned the child to that woman," then checked herself "No, I should have looked for that woman sooner." So it seems that she was the one who first took HJ away from his mother and then returned him, perhaps in exchange for a promise from HJ's mother that she would never contact DC again.

I have to say I'm still confused by why SR got blamed by JG's mother for that allergy attack. I didn't understand what JG ordered - did she just say to bring her something to drink, or did she order something specific? It seems strange that someone with a life-threatening kiwi allergy would just drink green juice without asking what's in it. :blink: I think SR later said the juice was apples and kiwi, so JG should have also been able to taste the kiwi in it. I guess she must have been distracted by work issues and not paying attention to what she was drinking. 

I think you're right, there's a big chance that SW will turn possessive later. That schmuck makes my blood boil. JG may be unstable and arrogant, but at least she still has a conscience. If it were up to SW, SR would have gotten an even worse treatment from his wife. SW's mother and brother seem to be good people, so how did he turn out so twisted? (I guess it would be too much to hope that SW's mother would remain good for the rest of the drama. Her precious first-born will probably make her compromise herself to further his own interests.) 

I kind of pity SG at this point. She is already a mess because she is so insecure in her relationship with her father and so desperate for his approval. That will probably get orders of magnitude worse when HJ joins their family. She will also find out about SW and SR's relationship at some point, which will make her feel really insecure and jealous about SW too. And then there's the hit-and-run. It seems like a recipe for a mental breakdown.

@ina111 Sorry to cut your post.

I'm also really curious about what happened between his mother and JG's. After all, it was strange that we saw him dropped off at the orphanage (at least I think that was an orphanage) by SR's mom, but then we also saw a photo of him together with his mother at the temple (episode 12). I think the lady at the temple said that his mother died 20 years ago from cancer, and that he was taken away by his grandmother after that. In the next episode when JG's mother was looking at their photo, I think she said "I made a mistake at that time. I shouldn't have returned the child to that woman," then checked herself "No, I should have looked for that woman sooner." So it seems that she was the one who first took HJ away from his mother and then returned him, perhaps in exchange for a promise from HJ's mother that she would never contact DC again.

Oh...so HJ is the baby who was left at the orphanage. I thought it was JK who had been left there....is she really her dad's biological daughter? I think her mother may have lied to her dad about her being his child in order to get married to him. That man always seems detached from his family and acts like he does not want to be around them . You may be right about JG's mom threatening HJ's mother in the past to keep her away from her husband. 

It wouldn't surprise me if SW finds out about HJ's connection to the Chairman and uses that info to blackmail JG's mom. Those two will become partners and will do everything to ensure that JG remains the heir but I think SR's mom's knowledge of the past will ruin their plans. 

@tinatrix236, now that you mention it, I think I must have been wrong about that baby. I think you're right about that child being JG. I just went back to look at that scene, and found that even the youtube video is titled "Jaegyeong's past?" 

OK, so now I'm totally confused.  Why would JG be left at the orphanage? From what I understand, she is not DC's biological daughter, and I had also assumed that her mother lied that she was DC's baby in order to marry him. I think DC found out about this at some point, and that's why he became cold towards his daughter and wife. (I could be wrong about that. There was a conversation between JG and her mother in episode 11, around minute 6, where JG seemed to be recalling how her father changed when she was around 12 years old and guessing that this must have been because he found out the truth. I wonder if I misunderstood JG's words.)

I can definitely imagine SW and JG's mother joining hands in the future. It's kinda sad, because it seems that the current JG would rather have the love of her father than Seodong Group, but she will not be given that choice. I hope you're right about SR's mom turning out helpful. That woman hasn't done anything useful yet. I still can't get over the fact that she held on to that ring while her family was in such a dire need of money.

((soompi keeps crashing on me :( ))

@ina111

Yes she did after she found out that SW was getting married to JK smh. I hope you get caught up soon because this drama is not as bad as I expected it to be ...so far of course! :D

@tinatrix236,  I expect to be caught up on everything by the end of next week but I like this drama also..

Episode 3 English subs file is done and ready for download at darksmurfsub.com ...

Pardon any mistakes or bugs.  As I am a lonely soul doing this, with nobody to check with (and no script or anything to be found anywhere) there may be some small mistakes here and there.  There are always some 5 or 10 lines out of around 500 in each episode that sends me scampering to dictionaries.  But I think I have got most of it in good shape.  As always, if any of you good in Korean find any clear mistakes, you can leave a comment at DSS if you are a member (pretty easy to go into the translator or editor module, find the line and add a comment).

I have watched the raws only up to Episode 6, to avoid confusion, which can happen while subbing, if you know too much of what is ahead.  But I can't wait to watch more though, seeing some snippets here from some of the things you are all discussing. Looks like a lot of things happen fairly soon.  I really like the pacing of the drama so far.  Not much of boring sequences at all. Quite a good drama, with higher production quality than most other daily dramas.

Qustion - Does the name of Ja Du's mom come up anywhere later, that any of you noticed?  I thought I heard "Lee Seung-Ah" in Ep.3 from HJ's sidekick, but was unsure and didn't add it in the subs.

@jayakris I completely missed the mention of Ja Du's mother's name while watching that scene. I didn't see that character's name mentioned anywhere in the character descriptions either.

I need to go find my login information for DSS so I can download the subs. I can't wait to re-watch episode 3 subbed. I'm also really looking forward to subs for episode 4, especially that barbecue scene with Hong Ju, Ja Du and halmoni. The kid was so cute in that scene. I want to understand what HJ told her that made her declare that she wants to be a player too. :) (I don't even know if "player" is the right way to translate the word they use, "제비".) 

Your comments on the line at 24:56 and after made me laugh. Now, I know that this doesn't mean much, but I totally get what you're saying about HJ's friend being hard to understand.

My two cents under the spoiler. 

I went back and listened (over and over) to a couple of those lines with comments. My best guess for line 398 would be something like "야, 자두를 생각해서라도 이 생활이(ㄴ) 거  정리(해)야 될 거 아니냐?" I'm thinking that he didn't actually mention that woman's name here. 

I think that he might have mentioned it on line 388 though. That one sounded to me like "태희 씬, 여태 연락 없고?" I'm very unsure about the last two words (especially 연락  because I can't hear a k in there anywhere), but if I had to guess this woman's name from their conversation, I would go with Tae Hee. (Or Tae Hui, I'm not sure about the right way to romanize.) HJ's reply "Is that a woman I know?" seems to make sense in that context.

I know this wasn't really helpful. I think that what you did with the subs is the best way to handle those lines though. 

Aha, @ina111, you got that Ep 3 line 388 perfectly right.  I had heard the last part just as you had, but just did not think he said a name at the beginning and so the sentence made no sense.  The ㄱ of 연락 not being there is probably not that rare for fast speakers who drop particles like 이 that should follow 연락.  That sidekick dude speaks in tongues anyway. I thought it was a simple 대신 at the beginning, which itself made no sense!  I just didn't think that would be a name.  You got it right.  So we will go with that name. Tae Hui.  But, golly, the way that dude speaks! If he keeps showing up, he'll drive me to a suicide. On that other line, what you said again seems right.  I had thought of it, but decided against it. Since you also felt that was it, I think that's it.  Thanks a lot for helping with a couple of important lines that I was really struggling with!

I liked this last episode a lot. I feel that the story made great progress because SR realized that the soy sauce patented by Seodong group is just like her father's and that the timing and circumstances of his accident are very suspicious. I was hoping that she would go one more step forward and start suspecting SW, but I guess it's too early in the drama for that. 

I loved watching SW and JG at cross purposes, one tearing up SR's application and making her miss the deadline, the other helping SR get her application accepted. Granted, JG only helped because she wanted SR to be put in her place by getting rejected in the application screening and thought it amusing to watch SR's humiliation. I loved the look on JG and SE's faces when they saw SR at the interview. :D 

From the preview for episode 17 it looks like SR will have to leave because of Ja Du's accident and thereby fail the interview. I wonder if is DC going to find out what happened and be the one to help SR become a Seodong employee.

@jayakris I'm really happy if I could help. :) If the first 15 episodes are anything to judge by, the sidekick dude won't be taking up too much screen time, thank goodness!

@ina111

I find it funny that SW and JK are doing all that they can to prevent SR from being hired at the company when JK's dad will bring her in. The reactions will be priceless and hilarious when she walks into that building and they realize she has the Chairman's support. Now it seems like JK's mom is also plotting against SR being hired(correct me if I'm wrong) which is ridiculous...she should be focusing her energy elsewhere smh. 

Did HJ lie about being JD's dad? He is her biological father right? I think she announces at the end of the episode that he is her father.

can I call it now....SR is the long lost daughter thought to be dead of someone!? Since this is a 120 plus drama...you know we have that...plus the dead baby...followed by cheating lover....followed by amneisa....followed by the OTP finally getting married.

LOL @Triton823, that is the basic plot of 80% of dailies we watch. :D 

I loved how HJ tried to help SR in this episode. His methods were a little unorthodox, but his heart was in the right place.

@ina111

I find it funny that SW and JK are doing all that they can to prevent SR from being hired at the company when JK's dad will bring her in. The reactions will be priceless and hilarious when she walks into that building and they realize she has the Chairman's support. Now it seems like JK's mom is also plotting against SR being hired(correct me if I'm wrong) which is ridiculous...she should be focusing her energy elsewhere smh. 

Did HJ lie about being JD's dad? He is her biological father right? I think she announces at the end of the episode that he is her father.

@tinatrix236 I think she is, I think she was criticizing SW's handling of the SR issue. I agree, she has much more important issues she should be dealing withShe also said something interesting after that (not sure if I understood correctly) "I too have a weapon" and he replies "Are you threatening me? I wonder what that's going to be about.

HJ did lie about not being JD's dad. He made her call him oppa whenever there were other people around, telling her that if it becomes known that he's her father, he'll have a hard time finding a new mom for her. :( After that bully of a classmate's mother started berating JD for not having either parent (who does that?!), the poor kid couldn't hold the truth in any longer. I'm glad that SR knows now, and I hope that it encourages her to help that child more. JD needs some proper parenting and stability in her life. 

I thought it was interesting that both JG's mother and her secretary/driver recognized SR's mother as "that nurse". The secretary was thrown off the track though because SR's mom has a different name now. (She used to be Gong Mal Ja. I'm curious to know why she changed it. She seemed annoyed when SW's mom used her old name.). Also, I don't know if I heard this right in the earlier episode, but it looks like DC believes that his child from his first love had died. I know I sound crazy, but I still think that there's a small chance that the baby from the flashback was HJ, not JG.

Archived