Seoul’s New Slogan Is “I.SEOUL.U,” Leaving Many Scratching Their Heads

Your new slogan for Seoul, South Korea’s capital city is…wait for it… “I. SEOUL. U.” Confused? It’s not just you. The Seoul Metropolitan Government needed a new slogan to replace its rather meaningless “Hi Seoul” slogan, which was chosen by politicans, so it reached out to the public for ideas, launching a contest that received over 16,000 […]

The post Seoul’s New Slogan Is “I.SEOUL.U,” Leaving Many Scratching Their Heads appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

i read the hangeul below and it says Nawa Nowui Seoul which means something like with me and with you Seoul. I agree with one of the comment that says sometimes branding should be left to the experts and professionals. Why did they get the korean public to vote for something meant for the international audience?

Guest infinityyy

i read the hangeul below and it says Nawa Nowui Seoul which means something like with me and with you Seoul. I agree with one of the comment that says sometimes branding should be left to the experts and professionals. Why did they get the korean public to vote for something meant for the international audience?

It's closer to "Mine and your Seoul".

I didn't think any of the top 3 were that great. Seoulmate is a cute play on word, but I think Seoul is much more than cute. Meh.

Archived