Drama: Madame Antoine

Hangul: 마담 앙트완

Genre: romantic comedy

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Director: Kim Yun-Cheol

Writer: Hong Jin-Ah

Release Date: January 22, 2016- March 12, 2016

Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays 20:40 (time slot previously occupied by "D-Day)

Production Company:

OST: part 1 루 (Roo) - Swing Magic

part 2 G.O of MBLAQ- No Love Feeling

part 3 Gilgubongu - Because It Hurts Everyday

part 4 So Young Yi - A Song For You

Official site: http://jtbc.joins.com/search/Default.aspx?st=ALL&sw=마담+앙트완

Watch Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/29584c-madam-antoine

Plot

Romantic-Comedy "Madame Antoine" depicts various emotions about love, centered around psychological experts.

Ko Hye-Rim (Han Ye-Seul) is a famous fortune-teller. She is known as "Madame Antoine" and insists that she is spiritually connected to Marie Antoinette, but that part is a lie. She is able to see through people's stories due to her intelligence and keen sense. She dreams of having love in a romantic film.

Ko Hye-Rim then takes part in a psychological test project conducted by psychotherapist Choi Soo-Hyun (Sung Joon). His goal is to prove that true love does not exist. Coincidentally, the name for his psychological treatment center is Madame Antoine.

Asianwiki

Cast

Han Ye-Seul - Ko Hye-Rim

Sung Joon- Choi Soo-Hyun

Jung Jin Woon (Jinwoon)- Choi Seung-Chan

Hwang Seung-Eon - Ko Yoo-Rim

Lee Joo-Hyung - Won Ji-Ho

Jang Mi-Hee - Bae Mi-Ran

Byun Hee-Bong - President Kim

Kim Jae-Kyung- Lee Yoo Ni

Lee Sun-Bin - Ma-Ri

Character descriptions

Poster

caosi.jpg

baro.jpg

baro5.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kovs9hlb5sI

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon cast in JTBC's 'Madame Antoine'

2015102601002955200202791.jpg

Article: jtBC "Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon casting confirmed for 'Madame Antoine'"  (official statement)

Source: Sports Chosun via Nate

1. [+168, -15] Sung Joon's acting skills... are quite average but he gets all these lead roles. I guess he has a lot of fans? ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+117, -12] Sung Joon's acting is always the same to me, I don't know if I'd necessarily consider him good but he gets all these lead roles..

3. [+47, -1] Looks like Han Ye Seul's status has dropped a lot, the male leads she works with have been getting lower and lower in status

4. [+13, -6] Sung Joon is really lucking out with the female actresses he gets to work with

5. [+12, -1] It's gotta be hard to cast leads that don't match as much as they do ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+11, -0] Sung Joon must have a powerful sponsor... his acting's bad and his looks are whatever, how does he get all these lead roles?

7. [+11, -2] Hul, they have a 10 year age gap... Sung Joon's a '90er, Han Ye Seul's an '80er

-

Source: Naver

1. [+689, -22] Sung Joon's been doing well but he always plays the same characters

2. [+503, -87] Such a huge gap between him and Han Ye Seul

3. [+393, -35] Sung Joon's sure come far

4. [+312, -66] It's going to be fun watching Han Ye Seul's visuals again ㅎㅎㅎ

5. [+135, -44] Looking forward to it~~

6. [+74, -13] His jaw is so awkward when he acts

7. [+66, -11] Both are charming and great fits for a rom com but I can already tell what their acting's going to be like before the drama's even begun -_-;;;

8. [+61, -10] Still amazes me how Han Ye Seul gets cast after her whole tax scandal. Banking on the public forgetting the past?

Jung Jin-woon joins JTBC rom-com Madame Antoine

by javabeans | October 26, 2015 | 1 Comment

jinwoon_28.jpg

2AM member and actor Jung Jin-woon (Marriage Not Dating) is the newest addition to JTBC’s upcoming weekend drama Madame Antoine, which recently secured Han Ye-seul (Birth of a Beauty) and Sung Joon (High Society) to headline.

I’ve been curious about this drama because the initial description was so vague that it left me wondering; it was touted as a quirky romantic comedy about psychologists. Now we have more details, which are an interesting mix of traits: It’s about a couple who understand other people’s feelings but not their own, and the “psychological game” between them as they fall in love.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/10/jung-jin-woon-joins-jtbc-rom-com-madame-antoine/

Han Ye Seul, Sung Joon, Jung Jin Woon Confirmed for New Drama “Madame Antoine”

Han Ye Seul, Sung Joon, Jung Jin Woon Confirmed for New Drama “Madame Antoine”

Han Ye Seul, Sung Joon, and Jung Jin Woon confirmed their appearance on JTBC‘s new drama, “Madame Antoine.”

According to insiders on October 26, Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon have accepted the lead female and male roles for the new romantic comedy drama.

Han Ye Seul will play Go Hye Rim, who is a fortune teller who works under the name Madam Antoine, claiming that she has a spiritual connection with Marie Antoinette. However, although she seems to be able to tell the future, all of her fortune-telling is fake; she just has an amazing ability to read people and guess their stories.

Full article Soompi

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/25/han-ye-seul-sung-joon-jung-jin-woon-confirmed-for-new-drama-madame-antoine/

Guest ororomunroe

Jung Jin Woon cast in 'Madame Antoine'

c2.jpg

Mydaily- Naver: [Exclusive] Jung Jin Woon cast in 'Madame Antoine' with Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon

1. [+683, -55] Jung Jin Woon can't act. Why do they keep casting idols?

2. [+366, -29] These days, idols or singers take up half of the cast in dramas.. Sigh.. Even the lead roles go to idols anyway

3. [+234, -21] Huh?

4. [+251, -92] Just stick to singing.. 2AM took a tumble after their first album

5. [+115, -9] He can't act. He was so bad in 'Marriage Not Dating'. Why do they keep casting him still?

6. [+93, -9] Didn't he sign with Mystic because he wants to be in a band? Why go into acting?

7. [+92, -8] Jung Jin Woon's acting sucks

8. [+77, -6] In 'Marriage Not Dating', he couldn't act and only knew how to flash his eye smile

9. [+56, -8] Han Ye Seul, Jung Jin Woon, Sung Joon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Smells like failure

10. [+39, -4] Everyone and their mothers are going into acting

11. [+40, -7] Jung Jin Woon's so-so and Sung Joon's acting is always the same. I'm passing on this drama

cr: kkuljaem

Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon Will Test True Love In 'Madam Antoine'

BY Julie Jones | Oct 26, 2015 08:39 AM EDT

Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon

The characters played by Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon in the upcoming JTBC drama "Madam Antoine" have something in common. They are both good at analyzing what troubles people and what they need to hear.

Only one of them is a respected psychologist and the other is a fortune teller.

Sung's character Choi Soo Hyun is a respected psychologist with a loyal following among Hollywood's stars. Choi Soo Hyun is skilled at discovering how a person's traumatic past influences the way they act in the present. Although he's not so good at knowing how his traumatic past has influenced his inability to love.

Read more

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/102415/20151026/han-ye-seul-and-sung-joon-will-test-true-love-in-madam-antoine.htm

Rainbow’s Jaekyung to Join Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon in “Madame Antoine”

Rainbow’s Jaekyung to Join Han Ye Seul and Sung Joon in “Madame Antoine”

Rainbow‘s Jaekyung will reportedly make her acting comeback through JTBC’s weekend drama “Madame Antoine.”

According to industry insiders, Jaekyung was recently cast for the romantic comedy, joining stars like Han Ye Seul, Sung Joon, and Jung Jin Woon.

She will reportedly take on the role of top star Jyu Ni and act alongside the main cast.

Read more Soompi

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/28/rainbows-jaekyung-to-join-han-ye-seul-and-sung-joon-in-madame-antoine/

Hwang Seung-eon and Jeong Jinwoon confirmed to join Madame Antoine.

2015110511112461657_1.jpg

credit http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2015110511112461657

The article talked about their characters. From the Raw translation it seams that Jinwoon will play the brother of the protagonist (Sung joon) as a former baseball player with a warm heart. 

The comments about Sun Joong.. sad. I like him. He can act (watch SUFBB) He's just very subtle That's his style, I suppose. And. I like it. Not sure if I want to watch this drama tho. I have to really like the story to be able to sustain interest doesn't matter who the stars are.  I'll take a peek anyway. I'm not familiar with the other stars but seems they're all from kpop idol group/band.

Madame Antoine pairs Jang Mi-hee with Jung Jin-woon in May-December romance

by javabeans | November 10, 2015 | 32 Comments

jinwoon_30.jpg

This is quite the unexpected pairing: JTBC’s upcoming quirky rom-com series Madame Antoine has just cast veteran actress Jang Mi-hee (Unkind Women) to act opposite Jung Jin-woon (Marriage Not Dating) in a May-December romance that’ll form one of the supporting storylines. I’m not sure anybody could have seen that one coming — she’s long been a fixture in weekend and daily dramas (Rosy Lovers, Here Comes Oh Ja-ryong, Life is Beautiful) playing mom types, while he’s an idol. I know noona romances are all the rage in dramaland, but this takes that a step further with a 33-year age gap.

I suppose Jang Mi-hee does have a younger, hipper image than her 57 years, but Jung Jin-woon is 24, and my brain is having a hard time processing them as a couple when they seem more suited to mom-son. But the oddity of the pairing is surely intentional, and they wouldn’t have cast these two actors if they didn’t want us to do a double-take on the concept, so I’ll have to trust that it works in the story.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/madame-antoine-pairs-jang-mi-hee-with-jung-jin-woon-in-may-december-romance/

Jang Mi-hee acting opposite Jung Jin-woon. Well, I did not see that coming either. 33 years gap is mind blowing but I have a suddenly curiosity about this story-line. Let see how they play this. I am not familiar with either one but she really is a veteran actress and I hope he can act.

@jongski: Thanks for the BTS pictures. The premiere is very close. Hope we`ll have more news about the filming process.

Thanks @larus,  For opening this thread when I think about the title of this drama it's kind of funny but could mean madam in so many different ways until you read what it's about I think this drama is going to be hilarious all we need is some witty comments to go with a good sense of humor and it should be all systems a go 

Sung Joon and Han Ye seul at drama 'Madam Antoine' script reading!

06445018ff672e0bd5532ff2bcd8db34_1447203

JTBC's upcoming Friday and Saturday drama  'Madam Antoine' unveiled its first script reading session. This drama is well-known as the comeback drama of actress Han Yeseul and actor Sung Joon. 

Yeseul will play the role of a woman named Go Hye Rim, who pretends a fortuneteller. Sung Joon will star in this drama as the male lead Choi Soo Hyun, a psychotherapist. 'Madam Antoine' will portray romance between Go Hye Rim and Choi Soo Hyun. This drama will be broadcast within this year. 

Credit http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=887

Archived