[Daily Drama 2015/2016] Best Couple 최고의 연인| Monday-Friday 19:15

joy17

12 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

I though Korean audiences were quite conservative (towards non-Koreans) back in 90s, and that she was able to become one of the most popular TV actresses at that time was no small feat!

Koreans are conservatives towards non or mixed Koreans until they make it big then they claim they were fans all along.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rikimaiu, are you sure KH rejected the offer of a contract relationship? I thought they shook hands on it, so that means they are going to continue on? But now that his true identity is revealed, I hope AR will end it.  Then we'll probably see action on KH's part, because I think he's already started liking AR.  Heehee.  I really enjoy watching the pursuit! But, he'll need to end things cleanly with SR if he intends to do that, and maybe AR has to quit working for SR's mom!

@auntyem, It was KH who wanted to start 'dating' AR but she rejected the idea. They shook hands because AR was thanking KH for all the help. Anyway AR will get to know KH has been lying to her on his identity and I bet AR will not want to meet him anymore. As KH is starting to like AR,  he will definitely find ways to see her. Hopefully AR will insist not to see him until he breaks off his engagement. However I think there will be too many hurdles to cross with AR and KH pairing. 

Firstly, KH's mother will never approve of AR. We see KH acting like a meek lamb in front of his adoptive parents. He will do everything they asked him to do. I don't think KH will go against his parent's wishes. Secondly, KH is very ambitious. He is willing to be engaged to SR because her mother can help him to be the head of the fashion company. Not sure if he is willing to forgo his ambition and choose AR. Thirdly, KH's sister is the one who is breaking up AR's sister's marriage. Because of that, AJ might dissuade AR not to have anything to do with that family. 

@rikimaiu, that really is a "spot on" assessment of the situation, I totally agree with you! But things sure are getting more complicated, aren't they? Trouble between BB/GC, AJ and her husband, YK/AR. This drama's relationships are just TOOOOOO close for comfort, don't you think???

What a twist of events. So GC and MS are not officially divorced. That will make BB the third party. It was a big slap on the face for BB. I hope she will just leave that household who has never welcome or treated her with respect. I bet YK will be happy with such a news and it will pave a way for him and AR to be together since officially they are not step brother of sister anymore. What about KH then ? I don't think AR will accept him knowing he is SR's fiance. Seems like SR will be giving more problems to AR. She is only shooting herself in the foot because by doing so, KH will get himself entangle with AR again. 

AJ's husband is beyond redemption now. His decision to spent a night in the hotel with KH's sister showed how umimportant his marriage is to him. I can't wait for AJ to find out his infidelity and divorce him.  

@rikimaiu, I am in total agreement with you regarding AJ's husband, she just need to get rid of him; a total snake.  BB should take the high road and leave that household too, not really sure what will happen to AR cause MS don't approve of his son's relationship with AR.   Writer nim how are you going to resolve all issues? :sweatingbullets:

I just watched episodes 1-32. First, does anyone know where I can watch ep 33 with english sub?

I like the drama so far and I plan to keep on watching as long as it's subbed (thank you subbers!). Here are some of my thoughts by the end of ep 32:

-AR and KH met as children. Awww. She gave him the snow globe that he still keeps (and he wonders where that little girl is today, aww). Sadly, it seems that his parents and her dad died in the same accident :cry:. Talk about fate!

-I can support either ship (AR/YK or AR/KH), as long as SR doesn't end with either of the guys! She is such a you know what! :angry:

-AR/YK ship is tough considering their parents (they seem to really love each other). Even if their parents' marriage become legally voided, I don't think people can pretend it never happened. Ok, YK will be happy and he'll think that he and AR can be together no problem, but I don't it'll be that easy for AR. Unless AR's mom marries another guy later in the drama, I don't see AR being happy with YK.

-AR/KH ship will be filled with craziness (courtesy of SR) and obstacles. At this point, KH cares too much about taking over the company and winning his parents' love and AR only likes him. Maybe they can develop properly after she learns his real identity. It's better to find out things earlier rather than later, right?!

-AJ really got my nerves when she guilt AR and pressured her to break up with YK. But she loves her mom and sister and her husband is a jerk and she deserves better. I hope she dedicates herself to becoming an anchor after she divorces the jerk! And maybe meet a hot younger man. hehe.

Good grief, so now everyone will think that SR got pregnant by sleeping with KH? So SR will get her way, after all? It's obvious that KH is smitten with AR, and is longing to see her, and that she's not, AR has gotten back together with YK. This drama has become soooo complicated now, such a hot mess with all the relationship issues! AJ is the most clueless of all, with that cheating husband! Ugh!

YK's aunt is the comic relief here, pursuing the chauffeur! Throwing herself at him, so funny! 

Omg as much as this drama's a hot mess I can't stop watching it!

-I hope YK and AR somehow break up for good, but we all know that there will be a love triangle that forms before that ever happens.Either way AR has it tough: MS if she gets with YK, and KH's family that seems to critique his every move. But it does really seem like KH cares for her a lot.

-So one thing I cannot stand is the fact that no one noticed that SR was obviously the one that pushed AR's hand into the sewing machine! Grr. I hope somehow they find CCTV footage and SR has to pay the consequences from both her mom and KH sees her true colors. 

-So this whole SR pregnancy thing! Oh lord, this wouldn't be a Korean drama without some illegitimate children. I think we can all see that this pregnancy hoax will go on for as long as they can milk it. But somehow I think SR will use this to bait KH further and then somehow "lose the baby." I hope it won't be an excuse for him to stay by her side even afterwards! I want to AR-KH happen!

-So AJ needs to kick her man to the curb already, as many have said on their posts: he is beyond the point of no return. Sleeping with another woman. Gross. KH's sister seems to have no moral compass whatsoever beyond her own selfish desires. I want her family to find out she's messing with a married man and see the chaos that ensues. But if KH and AR get together, I wonder how that will be affected too....

1 hour ago, Parisienne said:

-So one thing I cannot stand is the fact that no one noticed that SR was obviously the one that pushed AR's hand into the sewing machine! Grr. I hope somehow they find CCTV footage and SR has to pay the consequences from both her mom and KH sees her true colors. 

What I hate about Kdrama nobody goes to the police when they get assaulted , she should sue her for everything her mother got after she throw her in jail .

In my opinion, I don't think KH will mind if SR is pregnant with another man's child. He doesn't care about her at all. All he wanted from the marriage is the position in the company. But if he has really fallen for AR, then this will be a excuse to break the engagement. Somehow I doubt it. 

There's a number of shippers for AR/KH. My heart goes to YK too. He really loves and cares for AR. Until KH comes clean with his entanglement with SR, I am for AR/YK. It will be a very difficult relationship as no one supports them. The opposition force is too strong. If YK can weather through this and win AR, I salute him. 

I wish AJ will find out soon about her husband's infidelity. Can't wait for them to be divorce. AJ's husband will definitely regret it later. The best punishment for him to marry KM, then if KM's family goes bankrupt, he will soon find that KM is a burden who only knows how to have a good time and spent money and has no living skill. Only then he will appreciate AJ. 

Even though this drama has a complicated family relationship, I can't help watching it either. I am always dying to know what will happen next. 

After the writer makes KH and AR seems to be fated to meet (from childhood to later when AR was down) and giving them all those cute interactions together, I prefer KH/AR.  However, even if he chooses AR, AR does not want him at all.  This is no longer a matter of choosing between AR and his ambition.  I feel bad for KH that his adoptive father is so mean to him, and now he is going to be stuck with that horrid SR.  All this time, he has been nothing but nice to AR.  I think he should really forget about that AR and the writer should give him someone nice for him.

As for the rest, I don't like any of them at this moment.   AR is so indecisive and is giving in to YK.  The two are going to put their own happiness before their parents.  As for the parents, especially the dad, I don't find anything appealing in him.  BB should just leave that terrible household.  If she did that, I still cannot see how AR and YK can be together.  As someone previously posted, this is one huge mess!  But then  I guess the writer can make anything possible. 

Archived