[Drama 2016] Dear My Friends 디어 마이 프렌즈

larus

On 4/21/2016 at 2:08 AM, irilight said:

Script Reading 
You know a drama is going to be good when the cast can't keep a sraight face during the first script reading!

Oh boy I abso love the script reading. What fun and camaraderie they all have. Even though most are in older age. Actually, ESPECIALLY in older age. JJANG! JJANG! Can't wait!

So happy to see unnie Go Hyun Jung LOLing away. Prettily. :heart:

FIGHTING ALL!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News bites: April 23, 2016

Writer Noh Hee-kyung just completed her last script for her upcoming drama, Dear My Friends. Noh is no stranger when it comes to churning out hit dramas (It’s Okay, It’s Love; That Winter, the Wind Blows; Padam Padam, just to name a few), and with a bragworthy list of veteran actors headlining the drama, anticipation remains high for the series whose characters live by the anthem “We’re still alive. It’s not over yet!” [Xports News]

source: Dramabeans

Daniel Henney makes guest appearance in Dear My Friends

by javabeans | April 25, 2016 | 4 Comments

henney_71.jpghenney_71a.jpg

Upcoming drama Dear My Friends is shaping up to be cameo central, with a number of stars lined up for appearances, including Jo In-sung (It’s Okay, It’s Love), Lee Kwang-soo (It’s Okay, It’s Love), Sung Dong-il (Answer Me 1988, and okay, also It’s Okay, It’s Love), and now Daniel Henney (Spy, Runaway Plan B) as well. The others’ connection to the show is obvious, having worked with writer Noh Hee-kyung before. I’m not sure of Henney’s link; reports merely state that the producers reached out to him, and he readily agreed.

Daniel Henney’s role will be of a photographer, and the appearance is described as “not that short.” That’s not very telling, but I suppose not that short is better than fleeting, so there’s that to look forward to. The spot was filmed rather secretively; he completed the shoot earlier this month, and the news is just now being announced, though it hasn’t been specified when his cameo will air.

Full article Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/daniel-henney-makes-guest-appearance-in-dear-my-friends/

Lee Kwang Soo, Jo In Sung, Daniel Henney, and more to cameo in new tvN drama!

Lee-Kwang-Soo-jo-in-sung-daniel-henney-s

Upcoming tvN drama 'Dear My Friend' has unveiled an amazing cameo lineup!

Some of Korea's best actors such as Shin Gu, Kim Hae Ja, Na Moon Hee, Youn Yuh Jung, Go Doo Shim, and more have been cast for the new drama, with the lead role being played by actress Go Hyun Jung

The cameos of 'Dear My Friend' are just as amazing as its incredible cast. It was announced that Lee Kwang Soo, Jo In Sung, Sung Dong Il, Jang Hyun Sung, and Daniel Henney are set to make special appearances!

Sung Dong Il will become a college professor who is an old friend of Youn Yuh Jung. Jang Hyun Sung is set to become a regular customer at Go Doo Shim's store, and Daniel Henney will be a photographer named Mark Smith.

The roles of other cameo actors have not been revealed yet. More information on these cameos should be announced following the first episode, on May 13!

Credit : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/lee-kwang-soo-jo-in-sung-daniel-henney-and-more-to-cameo-in-new-tvn-drama

Go Hyun Jung earns endless praise for her positive and helpful attitude on her drama set

go-hyun-jung_1461785127_af_org.jpg

Actress Go Hyun Jung is earning much praise from fellow colleagues for her positive, teamster attitude on her drama set! 

On April 27, the production crew of tvN's 'Dear My Friends' shared a video clip of Go Hyun Jung bowing at a perfect 90-degree angle to all her sunbaes on set. 

When she made a mistake in the midst of her acting, Go Hyun Jung immediately admitted her fault, bowing as deeply as possible to everyone and apologizing with, "I'm so sorry. It's my fault." 

Go Doo Shim and Park Won Sook praised Go Hyun Jung, telling her, "What a sight to see!"

Polite isn't all Go Hyun Jung was; she also took care of elders like Go Doo Shim, massaging her sore shoulders and fanning her whenever she could. Ever the people pleaser, Go Hyun Jung even kept everyone on set amused by pulling out her aegyo and striking some cool poses. 

Sounds like Go Hyun Jung is working hard and keeping busy on set! Meanwhile, Go Hyun Jung's new drama 'Dear My Friends' will air some time in May, so make sure to tune in.

Credit : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/go-hyun-jung-earns-endless-praise-for-her-positive-and-helpful-attitude-on-her-drama-set

Go Hyun-jung suffers third-degree burn, filming pauses on Dear My Friends

by girlfriday | April 29, 2016

GoHyunJung1.jpg

Eek, Go Hyun-jung had to take some time off from filming her new drama Dear My Friends when she sustained a third-degree burn on her hands and feet a few days ago. Producers clarified that the injury was not sustained while filming — it was something that happened off the drama set in her private life — but the actress is now out of commission while she gets treated for her burns, and filming halted today because she was unable to make it to set.

She’s reportedly doing okay and recovering, and wants to return to set as soon as possible. But… third-degree burns! The producers stated that they aren’t worried about changing the schedule to accommodate Go Hyun-jung’s recovery, since the show is half pre-produced. I’d say it’s another strong argument for filming ahead of schedule, even if it’s halfway. Go Hyun-jung’s reps stated that she’s being treated for her burns and will be returning to set soon, and that she will attend the show’s press conference next Wednesday, May 4.

Dear My Friends is tvN’s upcoming Friday-Saturday series from acclaimed writer Noh Hee-kyung (It’s Okay, It’s Love) about a group of seniors living youthfully in their twilight years. It stars veteran actors Kim Hye-ja, Yoon Yeo-jung, Na Mun-hee, Joo Hyun, Shin Gu, Kim Young-ok, Go Du-shim, and Park Won-sook.

The series premieres May 13 on tvN.

Credit : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/go-hyun-jung-suffers-third-degree-burn-filming-pauses-on-dear-my-friends/

UNDWEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!! Get well soon unnie... :heart::heart::heart:

I am sad to hear about Go Hyun-jung`s injury. Good that she is doing OK now and she is recovering. I agree that it is good when a drama is pre-produced. Hope more networks will take the time to film and produce their dramas.

Horrified to hear about Go Hyung-Jung's injuries....

I am glad it did not happen on the set, though. Sending prayers and warm thoughts her way for speedy recovery.

Glad to hear of Daniel Henney's cameo here.

"Dear My Friends" beats "Lucky Romance"

2016/05/01
photo719447.jpg

The new tvN drama "Dear My Friends" is one of the most anticipated dramas.

Online research Data Spring Korea Panel Now conducted a survey on the most anticipated dramas from April 26th to the 30th.

"Dear My Friends" came in first with 20.9% votes.

"Dear My Friends" is a fun human drama starring Kim Hye-ja, Ko Doo-sim, Nah Moon-hee, Yoon Yeo-jeong, Park Won-sook, Sin Goo and more about the mixed lives of the 'old' and the 'young'.

Those who voted for this drama say they look forward to the 'old' cast and some say Ko Hyeon-jeong is always a hit. Some even say tvN dramas are bound to be great.

Second in place came "Lucky Romance" starring Hwang Jeong-eum and Ryu Jun-yeol while "Uncontrollably Fond" came in last.

yep and I'm gonna watch this. My choice of dramas to watch has never failed me. I say I have good track record. heh. Although they're mostly not ratings winner oh heck I'll take good script good story Good acting any time over ratings. But that's just. Me. :)

Aww hope our lead is okay now. Thanks for the updates again y'all.

Go Hyun Jung’s Return To “Dear My Friends” Filming Still Undecided After Injury

Actress Go Hyun Jung has yet to schedule her return to the filming of upcoming tvN drama “Dear My Friends” after she suffered third-degree burns.

On May 2, her agency IOK Company told Star News that they have not decided her return date. “We are still in discussion with the producers,” they continued. The actress is currently receiving medical treatment for her injury.

Additionally, tvN representatives clarified that the scheduled press conference for “Dear My Friends” on May 4 and the first broadcast on May 13 will push through, as half the drama has been pre-produced.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/02/go-hyun-jungs-return-to-dear-my-friends-filming-still-undecided-after-injury/

Hope she will recover first.

Archived