Is 2015 MAMA Excluding YG Artists From the Event?

Though 2015 has been a good year for YG Entertainment with the debut and comeback of several artists, the label  is unsure of its artists’ appearances in the 2015 Mnet Asian Music Awards (2015 MAMA). According to a high ranked YG official, there has been no communication between YG and the event team, although there are only […]

The post Is 2015 MAMA Excluding YG Artists From the Event? appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest mitsuhoney

I am not trying to hate on YG or anything, but the past two years it has been nothing BUT a YG show. This is supposed to be an awards show for all artists and instead its turned into a YG awards show featuring other people here and there. I used to take the MAMA awards seriously, especially when Koda Kumi appeared and showed that K-Pop isnt the only Asian genre that can work the stage.

I am not trying to hate on YG or anything, but the past two years it has been nothing BUT a YG show. This is supposed to be an awards show for all artists and instead its turned into a YG awards show featuring other people here and there. I used to take the MAMA awards seriously, especially when Koda Kumi appeared and showed that K-Pop isnt the only Asian genre that can work the stage.

I agree with the fact that Kpop is not the only Asian genre that can work a stage. But honestly Big Bang is such a hype group and their performances are energizing as well as captivating being in the business for so long. You have to admit that they created such a heavy movement in the music industry in Asia that their popularity out reaches South Korea. So for them to have that much spot light it's a 100 percent deserved. In the end it's all supply and demand. And there is and always been a demand for Big Bang.

Archived