[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Princess Wei Young 锦绣未央

sugarplum892

Technically as per Novel, WY is just 13 year old and she died at the age of 36 on the opening scene.  So WY has 23 years worth of experience.  

LMD is younger than WY by 3 years.  

For proper drama-like, they had to aged WY to older as it would looks weird.

TJ saving WY once too many times makes WY looks like a damsel in distress.  Hope Director will reduce that kinda role for WY.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tang soon

Thanks for the explanations..

Yeah if we count how many times TJ saved WY in the entire series perhaps it will be more than 5 times (which is getting so repetitive).. 

But I would rather have many many sweet moments between them rather than  the frustating scenes where TJ cried in dungeon heartbroken (poor man).. or when he with teary eyes told WY from that day onwards he will act like they never know each other .. ah My poor heart 

By the way episode 19 just finished airing. Li Min De is seriously injured ,  he got stabbed so many times (5 people attacked him simultaneously) and fell into the river.. omg.. poor Min De. 

Preview for ep 21 and 22

Li Min De rescued by the bodyguards from another country, he came back safely to Li's household but he found out his mom passed away .

So he went to Chi Yun Rou's room to try to murder her but the impersonator lady  (now she became Chi Yun rou's right hand person)  fought Min De off. 

Tuo Ba Yu told general Li (WY father) that he intends to marry WY. Chang Ru overheard and said to her maid she will do everything to prove that she is more useful to TY  and deserves to be his lady. (She is turning more evil each episode. I dislike her more and more..) 

Ep 21 and 22 sounds boring ..nothing much  of interesting  interactions between our main Couple.

the drama is lacking love true relationship between WY and TJ, for a drama to be good and viewership continue to grow, there must be true love relationship,i myself don't like dramas with too many loveless scenes, as it is growing now the relationship between WY and TJ, her rejection is turning me off,the only scene  i have really enjoy so far was when he accidentally rescue her when the head of the maid threw her away,also took her to a private place to recuperate,since than,it has been unnecessary rejections, even though she has her reasons not to trust him, can't she just pretend to accept him for now to study him to see if he is real man for her, as intelligent woman, you can't fight alone especially a diverse kingdom like that with so many enemies,  since the writer is not following the novel ,why not make this drama unforgettable,is becoming like most Korean dramas were prolong rejections are depict as a good writing,ep17 was so unnecessary i couldn't watch the rest of the episodes,if she continue like that the drama will become too boring to watch, i was having a high hope but now, it seems the hope is diminishing. 

I love the zither playing moments from this morning's episode, you can tell TJ is so in love with WY,:wub:it looks so natural, and he still has no idea she got back the fan. Min De's mother dying is so sad .. He might return to his country to gain power as prince. 

F.Y.I.

This is Luo Jin & Tang Yan's 4th drama collaboration. Their chemistry in each drama shines. It's no wonder the producer(s) chose him to star opposite Tang Yan. They previously collaborated in A Beauty in Troubled times (2012), Agent X (2013) and Diamond Lover (2015). It may be their sparks in reel-life and BTS leading many rumors about them dating in real-life. 

Yup that is their destiny for those born in Royalty and Ministry.  

WY is considered concubine daughter of Prime Minister and of course her father would be eyeing the family background of ministers' son while CL being legimate elder daughter as what her mother said, the Phoenix in the Country.  It is as these daughters will be pursuing their parents/family objective of strengthen the family power base and grips within the country via marriage.

10 hours ago, joyblack4 said:

the drama is lacking love true relationship between WY and TJ, for a drama to be good and viewership continue to grow, there must be true love relationship,i myself don't like dramas with too many loveless scenes, as it is growing now the relationship between WY and TJ, her rejection is turning me off,the only scene  i have really enjoy so far was when he accidentally rescue her when the head of the maid threw her away,also took her to a private place to recuperate,since than,it has been unnecessary rejections, even though she has her reasons not to trust him, can't she just pretend to accept him for now to study him to see if he is real man for her, as intelligent woman, you can't fight alone especially a diverse kingdom like that with so many enemies,  since the writer is not following the novel ,why not make this drama unforgettable,is becoming like most Korean dramas were prolong rejections are depict as a good writing,ep17 was so unnecessary i couldn't watch the rest of the episodes,if she continue like that the drama will become too boring to watch, i was having a high hope but now, it seems the hope is diminishing. 

I know.. she rejected / pushed away TJ over and over .. It is so  draggy + boring  and upsetting at the same time..but we know this being 54 episodes drama the main couple probably get together around halfway mark of the drama..:( 

Hooe it makes real progress soon..:(

9 hours ago, whome said:

F.Y.I.

This is Luo Jin & Tang Yan's 4th drama collaboration. Their chemistry in each drama shines. It's no wonder the producer(s) chose him to star opposite Tang Yan. They previously collaborated in A Beauty in Troubled times (2012), Agent X (2013) and Diamond Lover (2015). It may be their sparks in reel-life and BTS leading many rumors about them dating in real-life. 

yeah I could see love sparkles in their eyes when they are hugging (or kissing in the trailers).  they are certainly dating  lol. 

but they have the best chemistry ever on screen, out of all C dramas that I watched.. so full of love and affections. hope they would disclose to media about their relationships .many fans would be happy

11 hours ago, Tang Soon said:

I have no idea how that impersonator lady can change to so many characters?  As good as you can change your look, your demure / posture / movement will show your age.

I know..so ridiculous plot. 

Hope someone will be able to eliminate her. Otherwise she is too dangerous (Even framing WY for murdering TJ mother)

If you adapt the Novel with title " Concubine's Daughter is Poisonous ", you don't really washed it with lovey dovey romance story.

If insist on lovey dovey, might as well go for original screenwriting but then I guess it would be too much works and time consuming to come up with one.  Or else there won't be Jing Yong's Titles roll out year in year out over and over again.

2 hours ago, joyblack4 said:

Marrying a prince in ancient China is like a soldier going to the battle field , if you don't get killed , you will kill, if you come out alive you are the lucky one .

Yeah..

In the trailer Wei Yang wears the grey armour  ..maybe she is really going to battlefield together with TY and TJ.  (Guess what she even kissed TJ who is unconcious..Both are wearing the grey armour).  

Writing a drama to me is considered business , I was attrated to watch this drama by TJ look and smile , I have seen him in other dramas but this one he look so good , as for this writer if he really wants this drama to be great, he or she has to change WY character to lighted  up , she has no reason driving him away  like that , the more she rejects him the more she drive him to the enemies hands , of course marking the drama  more longer wait for the viewers  , when you are a writer you might want to keep your viewers happy , just like music , most people don't go out for the meaning of the music , they go after the beating sounds of the music and therefore it becomes very popular , the beauty of this drama rely on the romance between the two of them WY/TJ  everything else is a plus , etc even them playing  the music together,she doesn't want to look at him ,what is all that for .@valerie86 you said exactly what is in my mind the whole thing is dragging too much ep20 no progress ,this is not the usual suspects koreandrama were thing has to be resolved in one episode . 

@joyblack4

I guess the scenes where Wei Yang nearly fell from cliff is not that far away.  Tuo Ba Jun saved her . Even confessed to her "I could give up my life , but I will not let go of you".  That moment will be the start of their relationship.  It will be outrageous if she rejected him when he said that? I am sure she will accept his feeling . 

Lets be optimistic ^^

39 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

@joyblack4

I guess the scenes where Wei Yang nearly fell from cliff is not that far away.  Tuo Ba Jun saved her . Even confessed to her "I could give up my life , but I will not let go of you".  That moment will be the start of their relationship.  It will be outrageous if she rejected him when he said that? I am sure she will accept his feeling . 

Lets be optimistic ^^

I agree! I think the paceing so far is about right. There doing the slow burn romance so it will be more meaningful, believable and acceptable later. Not only that until WY confesses her identity to him his own storyline can not evolve. Because now that he confessed to her family that the fan belonged to him .  It's game over for CL until she piles on the pressure, as you noticed we haven't seen much of TJ in today's episode's. Since almost all the previews have been shown the carriage part should be coming up soon, but what's odd is her bodyguard doesn't appear after that scene. I wonder if she gets killed.? I've noticed that Now that MD mom is dead there is nothing really tying him to the li household anymore except for WY. It also seems like there going to start the next arch since everyone's intentions are clear.

@carmolita

they spoil everything in the trailers,  fangirl like me are quite pleased ..

LOL LOL

did you mean the carriage scene is the same as the cliff scene I mentioned? :) the female bodyguard (I think her name is Jun Tao) is there , she shouted Miss hurry Run,,

Li Min De is also there guarding her (him riding a horse in the golden armour , too cool), but both of them are too busy fighting the attackers ..so WY is stuck by herself on the edge of the cliff, but miraculously TJ showed up (I begin to wonder whether TJ was guarding her during the journey, or just showed up out of nowhere? )

Regarding WY reveals her identity as princess from another kingdom, I am not sure whether she will reveal it this early in the series? maybe it should happen from episode 30 onwards? hehe just random guess.

Yes that is what I mean the carriage scene that leads to the cliff scene. She reveals her identity when there alone after they fall of the cliff. Notice there's also a scene with TY also guarding against assasins in a carriage.  I'm Wondering if it's related to the same incident. Since the first wife and CL aren't with them it's probably going to happen this week since they feel oppressed by WY and her brother made his mom promise to kill WY . Your right on point so many spoilers in the credits and sometimes c dramas have a second opening at half way point with new spoilers and new opening song.

21 minutes ago, carmolita said:

Yes that is what I mean the carriage scene that leads to the cliff scene. She reveals her identity when there alone after they fall of the cliff. Notice there's also a scene with TY also guarding against assasins in a carriage.  I'm Wondering if it's related to the same incident. Since the first wife and CL aren't with them it's probably going to happen this week since they feel oppressed by WY and her brother made his mom promise to kill WY . Your right on point so many spoilers in the credits and sometimes c dramas have a second opening at half way point with new spoilers and new opening song.

I cant wait for the cliff scene.. yeah I heard WY said "I have been using you all this time etc".. but TJ replied that he could give up his life but he wouldnt let go of her.  what a kind guy .. (so impressed)  I cannot wait for them to kiss and be together ! lol.

There is another scene where WY in carriage with Bai Zhi  while Tuo Ba Yu guarding her is when she is "exchanged" for the marriage alliance.

But the messenger wanted to rape her, but lucky TJ came up in time and saved her (AGAIN!!) LOL  so many times she is saved ..by the same person..TJ is like an angel who showed up all the time..I would be so devastated to see TJ cried in the dungeon because Wy broke his heart. I might skip the episode altogether sobs sobs sobs..

Archived