[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Princess Wei Young 锦绣未央

sugarplum892

Love the drama so far. Tiffany is a decent actress - interesting seeing her play more of a "serious" role than a "happy go lucky" role from previous dramas. Typical betrayal and hidden antagonists like the 3rd sister...

I dont know how she drew the conclusion that the emperor killed her family when she was there when the evil guys were talking about the whole thing... Looking for more eps for sure

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, TseTeng Chew said:

Where is everyone watching this from?

@TseTeng Chew you can watch live from Dongfeng and Bejing channels. You can download app for PP 聚力 to get live links for both. It airs @ 7:33pm Bejing time and it is ridiculous to watch live from west coast but you can wake up early and watch @6:33 am EST. 

You can also watch on youtube official channel Craton Mega Hit (at least from US) as well as on youku (but can't be viewed from US). 

Spoiler

There are also a lot of post on Dalymotion though not sure they are considered legal or not and whether can be viewed from other countries :)

Of course, there are other sites that I do NOT wanna mention here. If none of the links mentioned above work for you, please pm me. Thanks and enjoy!

11 hours ago, TseTeng Chew said:

If you want to watch with English sub's you can watch it on Dramafever. Since two episodes are aired everyday they are usually subbed by four pm est.  I'm loving this drama ..the princess incognito is so clever..she makes revenge

seem so sweet

1 hour ago, carmolita said:

If you want to watch with English sub's you can watch it on Dramafever. Since two episodes are aired everyday they are usually subbed by four pm est.  I'm loving this drama ..the princess incognito is so clever..she makes revenge

seem so sweet

@carmolita....I am enjoying this drama too. I am on episode 3 right now. I will continue watching it when I get home. I am loving Weiyoung's character but she isn't just a kind but she is also smart. I am enjoying this drama at DramaFever too. 

On 11/15/2016 at 3:10 PM, whome said:

I really love the costumes which is so colorful & beautiful.

Me too. So beautiful, in styling and colors. 

niRpZHe.jpg4fbdfm1.jpg?1

H1MQA9e.jpg

XsXwGcJ.jpg

Drama tidbits from C-net:

• 4g0gey2.gif Within the first 24 hours of webcast, the drama has hit a record-breaking click rate of 360 million views. (3.6亿 = 360M)

oT7CqJI.jpg

• F0vn3mD.gifThe power and accessibility of the internet! Within 70 hours, it has increased to 1B(1000 million) views. As they say in PWY drama's weiboland,  “十”至名归,“亿”路前行 (a play with homonyms where “十” sounds like '实' from this idiom 实至名归 (shí zhì míng guī) meaning fame follows merit/well-deserved, and where “亿” sounds like '一' from a common phrase of encouragement 一路前行 (yī lù qián xíng) meaning all the way forward! :) 

A8RkuY0.jpg

•  C-netz apparently are lamenting only two eps per day. LOL I bet like me, many of you are trying to catch up too :P This drama is being filmed beautifully. Good job PD+crew+styling dept, and of course, the cast. Well-deserved global reception. Kudos! :) 

CR: As tagged

I hate the fact that she concluded that  the emperor killed her family , where as the evidence are steering at her face there , the house she lived, is where they planned the whole thing , I love this drama especially the actor ,I also think she was the orginal girl who was to marry young emperor ,then getting rid of her family was to pay the way for the psycho daughter and mother to get  her daughter wish,that is why they also killed the other girl  who she took her identity , I don't know what her anger is for against an innocent man who have no idea what happened to her family . this  is were I am hating her ignorant , just hope she comes to her senses ,for now I am hating her attitude towards the young emperor . 

2 hours ago, carmolita said:

13 hours ago, TseTeng Chew said:

If you want to watch with English sub's you can watch it on Dramafever. Since two episodes are aired everyday they are usually subbed by four pm est.

Not so. DF only has engsubbed eps till 6 as of now(Wed evening), while eps that have been aired and available on webcast sites are up till ep 11(non-paid subscriber) as of today(Wed). Just saying :) 

@TseTeng Chew If you understand Chinese and can watch raw eps, just google the drama's title and you'll get several sites where you can watch it.  

Spoiler

U8ECh8i.png

inULVNB.png

pxRSRSy.png

From the first 11 episodes, it is just based on the Novel but picking up stuffs from the novel and adjust accordingly.

Truly if Weiyang is smart, why she bother with Wei Zifu's jade and risk exposing the missing princess issue.  Plot device maybe but it is a bit reckless and unwise.

Maybe it will get better as the story pushes onward or else it is going to be damsel in distress, response to circumstances / attacks (reactive) and not being the instigator MC.

Drama tidbits from cnet: Came across this fashion article pertaining to the main female lead, Tang Yan/Princess WY... wahhh... so beautiful and some are made of fine, luxurious silk.B)

Spoiler

RaiJ29K.jpg

2016年11月16日《锦绣未央》唐嫣服饰造型精美华贵

Translation of the descriptive costumes featured in the article:

Fashion SINA News Headline: 'The Princess Wei Young'  Tang Yan's Costumes and Styling. Exquisite and Luxurious.

Top left: The Queen's informal clothes in winter black color with patterns of waves, clouds and flower fans.

Top right: The ancient court costume of buttoned down Chinese jacket of soft down feathers with patterns of lilies and a variety of butterflies.

Mid left: The ancient court Queen's evening/night dress of  colorful embroidery with patterns of magical/auspicious clouds.

Mid right: The Queen's commonly worn shoulder-wrapped-style dress with patterns of nesting bird's habitat and peony flowers.

Bottom: A red wedding gown with details of a pair of red phoenixes facing the sun and pecking at embossed gold thread.

As is commonly known, the patterns/designs/colors - lilies, butterflies, waves, clouds, birds, peonies, phoenixes, etc - are not just beautiful to behold and comfortable to wear, but they also do take on specific symbolism of auspicious meanings. Two common and oft used ones are described below:

Peony, a pretty flower(also my mom's fave :)), is known widely by the Chinese and the world as "the King of Flowers". Peony symbolizes something or someone dignified and graceful. Peony is also widely regarded as the flower of fortune/wealth.

Phoenix, a wonder bird, is known in classical mythology as a bird that lived five centuries, died and was reborn from its own ashes with renewed youth to live through another cycle. .

The combination of peonies and phoenixes symbolizes auspiciousness and fortune/prosperity. This combination is also one of the most common motifs that can be found in exquisite and magnificent Chinese/Asian formal, and even casual, wear/fashion. 

R3Dm3mK.jpganT83Et.jpgZoQ2WIN.jpgEVOQcIq.jpgwfszzBR.jpg

Some costumes showcased in the article:

Spoiler

BI46xN7.jpg4nfLVYV.jpg

rqGBANt.jpg

SRC: SINA FASHION LINK

13 hours ago, Tang Soon said:

From the first 11 episodes, it is just based on the Novel but picking up stuffs from the novel and adjust accordingly.

Truly if Weiyang is smart, why she bother with Wei Zifu's jade and risk exposing the missing princess issue.  Plot device maybe but it is a bit reckless and unwise.

Maybe it will get better as the story pushes onward or else it is going to be damsel in distress, response to circumstances / attacks (reactive) and not being the instigator MC.

I thought about that too, :sweatingbullets:but all things considered her entire family has been massacred and her new found deceased friend’s family whose identity she assumed has been trying to kill her to secure their own power. She hasn't even had a chance to grieve yet and must suffer alone in silence with only herself knowing who she truly is. It doesn’t surprise me that she would want to take back the only thing she has left that connects her to her real family, after, all her grandmother did give the jade to her and gave up  her life to save her. 

It seems like she is trying to rationalize her relationship with Tuoba Jun …. I think she knows he didn’t have anything to do with her family’s death but is unsure if the emperor really had no hand in their deaths.  In here mind she would be betraying her family if she was to be happy with him because of what some people in his family did so she is trying to guard her heart against him even if that isn’t her true feeling.  I can’t wait for the preview scene to air where she finally succumbs to her grief and breaks down yelling at him saying how can she have the right to love/ be involved with the person whose family killed hers.

That’s what I love about this drama they humanized a person who has to silently endure such pain and hardships alone unable to truly trust and tell anyone, know everything and have to seek revenge and rely on no one to protect those she hold dear and herself.  I loved the scene where she was massaging the grandmother and she asked her how did she learn to massage so well and she thought of her own grandmother and a tear fell and she made up a lie because there is no one she can tell the truth to.

@jadecloud I broke down after finishing episode 6 on drama fever. I had to go watch up to the 11th episode raw ..I had to see them meeting each other.  This is like Journey of flower addiction.

But I don't think the emperor himself knew  what really happens to that kingdom of hers , the invasion    was secretly planned ,even her father was surprised by the sudden attack in his kingdom , I don't think the two kingdom was having any quarrel before the massacre of the entire kingdom , my guesses are she was the true reason why they invaded her family because she was originally the girl who was entitled  to marry the young emperor ,also the one who was killed was also killed because the psycho step mother doesn't want anything to get in the way of her daughter marrying the young emperor ,so the whole thing boils down to the psycho step mother  who decided to take laws into her hands to change    destiny, because her daughter must marry the emperor ,she has rule that household with ironfist  no challenge at all,but little does she knows what is instock for her trying to change destiny,well the psycho woman will soon start learning  that life does not always work out the way one planed it ,what  belong to you belong to you ,you can't take what is not yours all the time and get way with it . they say as the word turns so as things fall apart . 

I'm watching this drama and it's already up to episode 13. So far Weiyoung has exposed her step brothers crime of mistreating her former maid Zi Yan  and causing her death to all the noblemen/ courtiers in the capital.The king exiles him and he is killed by Weiyoungs  bodyguard. Stepmother figures out that everything is Weiyoungs fault and really wants to kill her.

I wonder how Weiyoung will kill stepmother and stepsister? From the trailer it looks like Changle will marry Tuaba Jun but he's only using her (family connections) to gain the throne.

For now I don't think anything threatens the young emperor in becoming the king except his younger brothers , then  again weiyoung who is acting almighty me were the young emperor is , not taking one step at a time will get into trouble , not reconsidering that without the young emperor so far they could have put her away for good , my guess is , weiyoung is going to over react and get into trouble which the young emperor Will have to give up something to save her by marrying that psycho obsesse girl . 

@joyblack4 I agree that the emperor had nothing to do with her fathers death and the evidence to that is the confession that the minister left before he died which was stolen in episode 7 or 8 I think. If she reads that then she'll know that he wasn't involved because it talks about the killers crimes and asks the emperor to investigate. 

With regards to changle marrying TJ I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not. But from the preview Weiyoung is going to get sent to Song for a marriage alliance and TJ goes after her to get her back. And at some point they try to rape her then TJ saves her and swears to always protect her.  I'm waiting for the scene where they try to assassinate her in her carriage TJ rescues her, they fall off a Cliff because he won't let her go and then she later confesses to him who she is out of grief and anger.  I want to see that turning point and watch him share her burden. Right now its push and pull..he keeps finding ways to meet her and she keeps rejecting him out of guilt and he's not sure why. Episode 13 was a cliffhanger can't wait till episode 14. There relationship scenes are my favorite parts right now especially the lantern lightening scene.

From the trailer, WY will be getting in trouble because of the 3rd Sister betrayal and jailed plus work as menial labourer in the palace.  And also from the trailer, it seems WY is much more of reactive MC to event happening around her atypical like Wu Zetian (Fan Bing2) drama it seems.

Zhang Le even becoming an Empress would be brought down by any other concubine due to her vanity and shortcomings not even worth to be dirtied by WY.

The novel is slightly different from the drama so far , I read the summary of the novel , so little bit quite different not much anyway,they say it is a big hit in China , does anybody know the ratings of the episodes , thanks 

@ carmolita thank  you  so much  ,I am enjoying the drama so but I want more scene between weiyoung and the Prince . 

11 minutes ago, Tang Soon said:

From the trailer, WY will be getting in trouble because of the 3rd Sister betrayal and jailed plus work as menial labourer in the palace.  And also from the trailer, it seems WY is much more of reactive MC to event happening around her atypical like Wu Zetian (Fan Bing2) drama it seems.

Zhang Le even becoming an Empress would be brought down by any other concubine due to her vanity and shortcomings not even worth to be dirtied by WY.

I saw that trailer and TJ looked angry that she was in there to but hopefully she will learn more about those behind the massacre  from the inside and realize the emperor is not the type of person she thinks he is and maybe her character will soften and become more humble since she is so focused on revenge. After all her grandmother did not want her to live her life focused on revenge.

I'm eagerly following this drama. Tang Yan looks so beautiful in the pretty costumes. Third Sister is pretty, too, much prettier than eldest Sister. Now the competition is heating up in the romance, with Jun 's Uncle also vying for WY. Of course we know that WY's heart is with Jun. Problem now is that third Sister will fall out with WY because she is in love with the Uncle. I hope the other Uncle don't suddenly also develop an interest in WY. There's also little adorable Brother Ming De ... so many suitors for WY.

I am confused about relationship of MD's Mother. She is third aunt, so she is the Sister of WY's Father? Then why does WY call him second Brother? How about the Mother of the 2 younger sisters? She is the second Wife of WY's Father? But they do not address the first Wife as Mother but Big Aunt. Only Chang Le and WY call her Mother.

The irony is that between all the girls in Li Family, eldest Zhang Le supposed to be the most beautiful though her arrogance can be seen.  3rd Sister is the quiet and calculating character while the last one is a bit gullotine and blur2.  

If according to Novel, WY supposed to end-up with Ming De as his true background to be reveal in the 2nd arc.  Jun's uncle supposed to be WY husband whom used WY to advance his position as Emperor and drop her for Zhang Le.  WH is then tortured for 12 years and killed before being reset (Dr Strange) into her 13 year old self.  Of course all these informations is irrelevant now since they won't focus on this messy stuffs.

Archived