MfzB98s.gif

(='o'=)
DETAILS

Title: Imaginary Cat

Aka: Imagine Cat

Genre: Comedy, Korean drama

Episodes: 8

Network: MBC Every 1

Release Date: November 24th, 2015 (Every Tuesday)

Official Site: http://www.mbcplus.com/program/sangsangcat/

Fan Channel: https://www.viki.com/tv/29392c-imaginary-cat  (LICENSED) b33f60f4c6.gif

(='o'=)

SYNOPSIS

oxMYbCm.gif

Based on the webtoon with the same title, which will be the first drama to tell the story of cats for the first time in Korea. A human and a cat, who have each one's own mental wound, live together and heal the wounds through the co-habitation.

Yoo Seung Ho will play as Hyun Jong Hyun, a webtoon writer who works part-time at a bookstore. Becoming a webtoon writer has always been his dream but he has some difficulties due to his stubborn and self-centered personality. On on rainy day, he meets a stray cat and decides to bring it to live with him. He names it BoK Gil and from then on, he starts opening his mind to the cat. He works hard to make a living for his cat Bok Gil.

The drama will tell a story from Hyun's point of view and then also from the cat's point of view. The cat has a different take on what's wrong with his human's life. Although he can't offer his human any advice, Hong's furry friend provides a source of comfort and support as he goes through difficult times.

(='o'=)

dNtrU1m.png

MLR4xLk.png

NRu1trj.png

z0R2Sdw.png

PMZ3xEG.gif

catslipt ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS BY MONSTERTOP @VIKI

(='o'=)

- POSTERS -

AtAFJgL.pngImaginary-Cat-Poster4.jpg

(='o'=)

-  TEASERS -

Teaser (Hyun Yong Hyun Version)

https://youtu.be/2EZkjsGsnCg

Teaser (Bok Gil Version)

https://youtu.be/-dM-r1aAKMg

(='o'=) COMPLETED ENGLISH EPISODES (='o'=)

alleycatteam

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be Yoo Seung Ho's real Cat?  :D

IdDmNiOnhq_1.jpg

유승호, 웹툰작가로 TV 복귀…MBC에브리원 '상상고양이'

(서울=연합뉴스) 정아란 기자 = 스타 배우 유승호(22)가 웹툰 작가로 TV에 복귀한다.

MBC에브리원은 8일 "유승호가 11월 말 방송되는 드라마 '상상고양이'에 출연한다"라고 밝혔다.

'상상고양이'는 고양이와 인간의 동거를 다룬 동명 웹툰을 원작으로 한 작품이다.

유승호가 맡은 현종현은 웹툰작가이면서 서점에서 아르바이트하며 살아가는 젊은이다.

자신만의 길을 가지만 고집스러운 성격 때문에 문제를 겪던 현종현은 반려묘 '복길'에게 마음을 열면서 위로받는다.

MBC에브리원은 "각자 다른 상처를 가진 인간과 고양이가 함께 살며 서로 아픔을 치유하는 이야기"라면서 "인간이 생각하는 고양이, 고양이가 생각하는 인간의 내면을 세밀하게 묘사해 재미와 감동을 선사할 예정"이라고 밝혔다.

유승호는 실제로도 고양이를 매우 아끼는 것으로 알려져 있다.

그는 지난해 12월 전역식에서 "부모님과 집에서 키우는 고양이 두 마리가 너무 보고 싶다"라고 밝혀 눈길을 끌었다.

AKR20151008075200033_01_i.jpg

Source: http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2015/10/08/0200000000AKR20151008075200033.HTML

@marykarmelina, Thank you so much for starting this thread.  I am beyond excited to see Yoo Seung-Ho in this upcoming drama - his first drama since his discharge.

Yoo Seung Ho Returns to Dramas with Imaginary Cat Airing on MBC Every 1 this November

iais.jpg

Well this is certainly surprising drama casting news, not that I’m going to look a gift cat in the mouth. My baby boy Yoo Seung Ho has finally taken the jump with a drama project after nearly a year since his military service discharge. I can’t believe it’s been that long already, not that he’s wasted any time what with filming sageuk movie The Joseon Magician and doing plenty of CF and entertainment related activities. Yoo Seung Ho will be headlining cable network MBC Every 1‘s upcoming drama Imaginary Cat (or Imagination Cat)

Read more HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoo Seung Ho confirmed for MBC Every1 drama 'Imaginary Cat'

1444283933_993469.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho will finally make his return to the dramaland through MBC Evey1's upcoming drama 'Imaginary Cat'.

Based on a webtoon series of a same name, Yoo Seung Ho will play as Hyun Jong Hyun, a webtoon writer who works part-time at a bookstore. Becoming a webtoon writer has always been his dream but he has some difficulties due to his stubborn and self-centered personality. On on rainy day, he meets a stray cat and decides to bring it to live with him. He names it Boggil and from then on, he starts opening his mind to the cat.

This will be his first drama project since his military discharge, so it's attracting much attention from many people. Plus, a healing drama about a human and a cat, who wouldn't love that, right?

'Imaginary Cat' is scheduled to broadcast at the end of November.

source

Yoo Seung-ho to make small screen comeback with 'Imaginary Cat'

photo641576.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho is returning to small screen with "Imaginary Cat".

On October 8th, MBC Every 1 has announced, " Yoo Seung-ho will star in "Imaginary Cat" with 8 episodes in total, which is slated to begin in the end of November this year.

Drama, "Imaginary Cat" is based on the web-toon with the same title, which will be the first drama to tell the story of cats for the first time in Korea. A human and a cat, who have each one's own mental wound, live together and heal the wounds through the co-habitation.

Yoo Seung-ho plays Hyeon Jong-hyeon, a student part time worker at a bookstore. Although he has many dreams to achieve on his list, he goes through a lot of troubles due to his stubborn and self-centered ideas. He is solaced by his companion cat Bok-gil, the only being, which opened up one's mind to Hyeon Jong-hyeon (Yoo Seung-ho). He works hard to make a living for his cat Bok-gil.

Source

Yoo Seung Ho Chooses A Purr-Fect New Drama

Yoo Seung Ho

Yoo Seung Ho signed up for his first drama after completing his two-year mandatory military duty. And his co-star is a cat.

The actoir recently finished fillming "The Joseon Magician," in which he played a young magician who charms a princess. But before fans can see him in this film, they can see him charm a cat.

The MBC drama is titled "Imagine Cat" and its based on a funny webtoon abotu a man and his cat.

Yoo Seung Ho does love cats and that may be why the producers thought of him for this role. When he was discharged from his military service, he attended a press conference. A reporter asked the actor who he wanted to see the most now that he was a civilian again. Naturally, Yoo first mentioned his family but then he mentioned his cats.

"I want to see my mom," he said. "Also we raise two cats at home. I want to see the cats too."

In "Imagine Cat" Yoo will play Hyun Jong Hyun, a webtoon artist and part time bookstore employee. Hyun Jong Hyun is having some problems realizing his artistic dreams but his problems are largely due to the limits of his personality. The drama will tell a story from Hyun's point of view and then also from the cat's point of view. The cat has a different take on what's wrong with his human's life. Although he can't offer his human any advice, Hong's furry friend provides a source of comfort and support as he goes through difficult times.

Yoo Seung Ho has been acting since he was six years old. His first drama was "Daddy's Fish" when he was only seven years old. His first film was "The Way Home" when he was nine. He was cast in his first leading role in the 2012 drama "Operation Proposal, then played an emperor in the fantasy saeguk "Arang and the Magistrate." He played a ruthless villain in "Missing You" with co-stars Park Yoo Chun and Yoon Eun Hye.

At the age of 19 he enlisted for his mandatory military duty.

"Imagine Cat" is due to air at the end of November.

Source

@suchadiva42,  chingu...    hi white cloud      So glad you are joining us!

This is a short drama,  only 8 episodes.    Maybe our friends @Felicia Soh@valsava@evie7@cynkdf,  may be also interested...   c0305.gif

@marykarmelina, do you happen to know if the webtoon is also available in English? Have you read it?  Thank you

@irilight: Hello :)  I only found it available in Korean: (HERE)

I am a cat lover (I have a male cat at home) that's why as soon as I saw a theme cat drama, I was already in for this one.  And of course Yoo Seung Ho is a PLUS for this drama. I will try looking for an English version of this webtoon and I'll let you know.

@suchadiva42: Hello :D You're welcome. Hope this drama is a good one!

11024115_427650800744969_1908716354_n.jp

Oh yeah..count me in too! @evie7, @irilight  @marykarmelina  @Felicia Soh@valsava@cynkdf Welcome me guys :)

Cat didn't get our tongue. When I like a drama and anticipating. I'm freaking thread active

A healing drama. Cat's and human. First drama after mandatory military service. Welcome back! YSH.

So who's gonna be the other cats... cast! :D

@evie7, Hi chingu" Yes glad your joining as well and hope more PAC members come starting off with @valsava, where u at chingu.

I don't have cats but my sister has 2 cats name grey boy, tigger, and they are cute.

I think we might see a real cat in this drama if the writer has his/her way, either way I'm looking forward to this drama as to where it's also something different to perk me right up ;)

Quirky comeback indeed.  And we like this! 

"Imaginary cat" is a drama I must watch.  No discussion! (cr:rachelle)

aw this show sounds adorable (cr: milkpoets)

sounds like the perfect drama for me ha (cr: watchangrymom)

Yessssssss! Yoo Seung Ho will play with kitties for his K-drama comebackin (cr:jungyhebi)

I don't have cats either but but the words.. quirky,  mental wounds, healing drama and Yoo Seung Ho got my attention.

Healing drama, mental wounds...last I heard of that term was for Midnight Diner (k version of jdrama finished several months back)

So....the cat will have it's own point of view. Cats talk here? :P

@jongski, Hello! Now I know the party is startingdancing-cat.gif

I like the concept too, all I have to hear is quirky. That already tells me it will be different. Yoo Sueng Ho get's my attention too. I like that we will see his pov and the cat's.

@suchadiva42,  I wonder where @valsava is? I know it is not like her to pass up a handsome man.

@SUNlight02, @delfin, @kyunii88, @Sarang21, @Kasmic, @littleloony, @jadecloud, @GenZip, @UnniSarah, @onnififi make sure to check this one out! A healing drama with Yoo Seung Ho.

@evie7 hi chingu, thanks for the shout out. This one seems so interesting. I have always liked Yoo Seung Ho ^_^ I find him pretty compelling in whatever I have seen...... really nice measured acting for a young man.....so I am glad he is gonna be in a drama! The premise is quirky alright and I am always up for some quirky/ bizzare plots. Since its gonna be only 8 eps I am really curious how the story is gonna turn out. Personally am a dog lover but just the idea of sharing your thoughts with your pets (be cat or dog) sounds so warm to me. Looking forward to this. 

@marykarmelina thank you for the topic and webtoon. Everyone in this thread...hello and hope to join you guys in a fun show :D

@irilight, Hey sister! Thanks for the shout outcute-black-cat-waving-smiley-emoticon.gi Yoo Seung Ho and a cat, count me in.

@marykarmelina, Thanks for starting this thread, linking the webtoon and hello. 

@suchadiva42 Happy to share this thread with another PAC member. I'm sure Mr Yoo will be up to the task.

Chingu, thanks for invite @evie7. Looking forward to watching this drama. I love:wub: cats and Yoo Swung Ho. Great actor and purrrrfect for this role.

Archived