Adventures With Jenny: iKON’s Unforgettable Debut Concert + Giveaway!

(Writer’s Note: Adventures With Jenny is my shameless attempt at cataloging my first trip to Korea with #KoreaJoa2015! For the next 10 days, follow me as I indulge in Korea’s iconic food — live octopus, anyone? — and landmarks, made complete with retellings of brief encounters with celebrity.) It’s been two whole years since “Who is Next: Win” first made across the airwaves. […]

The post Adventures With Jenny: iKON’s Unforgettable Debut Concert + Giveaway! appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jazzmint_stv

I love ikon because they work hard and they appreciate everything that's given to them. They have gone through a lot in the last two years, having gone through two survival shows. It must've been really tough for them, not knowing when they were going to debut. Even though they went through rough patches just to get here today, they never gave up. They kept working no matter what. Even Chanwoo who joined later , he works hard to be just as good as the other boys. He adapted right with them. They send love to all of their fans as much as they can and they care about each and every fan they have. They always put smiles on our faces and make us laugh. All in all, ikon works really hard and they are the sweetest guys in the world. Their music and talent deserves to be recognized around the world, and in sure they will prove any haters wrong. :)

My Twitter is : @JayJB07

Guest hoelympe_stv

Hi Jenny~ First, thanks for this giveaway and for telling us your experience. I really wish I could have been there, but unfortunately, I'm a french fan haha. It's been two years I'm following them, since WIN. At the beginning, I never really paid attention to this kind of program, but it happened that the team B captivated me. Then they captivated me as potential members in Mix&Match. I admire them so much to be strong enough to handle the pain that have been those survival shows. They fought for their dreams and never gave up and I wish I could be like them. They're really my role-model in a lot of things. I don't really know how to explain why I love iKON. I just love them, because they went through so many things and finally have the chance to debut. I love them because they compose every single thing by themselves and share their music because they also like it the way it is. I love them because they take care of the fans before taking car of themselves. They love us deeply, maybe even more as us, ikonics, love them. Their music shares so many emotions (I'm still crying while listening to Climax, seriously) and I was waiting for them to show the world their potential, share their story with their fans, and this day finally arrived. I love them because they also think of their families first, and always have a goal even when they reached the old one. I love them for being who they are, for crying if they want to, from happiness or sadness, for showing their derp side even if they're supposed to have a tough image, for being themselves, just being themselves; artists that loves doing what they do the best, and what ikon does the best is music. I never loved a group more than I love them, and I'd give everything to one day meet them and tell them how much of an inspiration they are to me, a fan who's living at the other side of the world. I want to tell them how much they're loved and never let them think otherwise. They're the reason to my smile but also the reason why I sometimes cry; happily now, it's nothing but tears of happiness.

My instagram is @ambrelerx and my twitter @hoelympe. Thank you for this giveaway and have a great day!

Hi Jenny :) I I love iKON because of all the hard work they have been doing but mostly because of the 7 miracles they are :) B.I the incredible leader and song writer who's lyrics are powerfull enough to make you smile, cry and feel what you're suppose to feel when you listen to AMAZING Music, Bobby who is the energy pill, has a heart of gold and has mad rapping skills that keep on getting better and better , sweet Jinhwan and his voice that can make anyone feel better even on a crapy day! June who has the most incredible raspy voice even with his diva like personality xD, Yunhyeong's voice and his god given looks, Donghyuk who can just smile and melt any problems away and Chanwoo the maknae that improves every single day! I really love them all :) They are incredible singers and are already toping charts and making this debut more that worth of all the wait :) I'm from Europe, Portugal, and i won't see them in real life for quiet some time but i have faith i will make this dream come true someday ! I really really want the konband ! It's another step towards supporting them and meeting them in the future! Please make my dream come true Jenny <3

Twitter: @MJayitch

Guest sinsohi

Hi, Jenny! I love iKON because they're so amazing. Why are they amazing? Because they've gone through 2 survival shows, so many emotional things has happened, and they've come out of it intact. Their sweat, their tears, their hard work... I knew it would never betray them. So here they are now.

Bobby's wish to bring his parents back to Korea makes him such an admirable person, because I've always had a soft spot for people who love and appreciate their parents, who are thankful to them. Donghyuk's emotional scene in WIN always gets me everytime as well! When he visits his dad and promises that debut album... Donghyuk, now you can REALLY bring your debut album! Everyone's just so amazing with their own stories, their own kind of braveness, their own style, and their own hardships, but in the end they've all been gathered into one group called iKON. iKON has inspired me. And that's why I love them.

Also my Instagram is: @ruthialmira
My Twitter is: @jungxchanw0o

Hi Jenny!
I love iKon because of how hard they work and how amazingly talented they are! Watching them come this far in these past two years has made me grow so attached to them. Originally in WIN: Who Is Next you just see they're fun upbeat personalities and how much they love and dream to perform, later after they lost you see how hard they worked and gave their all just to have another chance to be on stage. Even with so many other things going on in their lives they still keep their smiles and work hard, and after all they've been through they're finally able to debut and make their dreams come true!! They have really become such a huge part of my heart and really big inspirations!! So yeah... That's why I love them haha ^_^

My Instagram is @Na.Na.Naomi

Guest xyoungeun

Hi Jenny! My name is Rachel and I'm a proud iKON fan living in Texas. I've loved each member since the first time I laid my eyes on them through the screen of my laptop. When they cried after their first performance of their song "Climax", I cried too. Whenever they're smiling, I smile along with them. They've been through a lot since the time they were called Team B but I'll always be supporting them through their ups and downs. It would be absolutely fantastic to be able to show my support for them with a bracelet from their debut concert! Thanks for posting about your experience at the concert (which honestly made me feel a tad jealous ;; ) and showing people how amazing the ikonic fandom already is!!

Guest dianfishy_stv

Hi Jenny! I love iKON for being iKON. I am so thankful that they have debuted now. Its been two years waiting for their debut. After WIN ended i just hope that Yang Hyun suk will still let them to debut. After WIN ended i made up my mind that team B is worth to wait. They are so talented, and always put a great show on stage. I love team B and i am sure i will wait for them to debut no matter how long it takes. And i am so happy the fact that they are doing Mix n Match bcs i know its the time for them to debut soon! But seeing them having more struggle but still worked so hard to give the great show make me so proud and my love for them grew bigger. And as iKON now with 7members my love still for them.I love them more and more. They are worth to be loved by many peoples out there. Jinhwan, B.I, bobby, yunhyeong, donghyuk, june and chanwoo i will always support u all as iKON, as a talented group who never know how to give up and keep working hard to achieve their dream. I love you all

Guest princeynhyng

Hi Jenny, I'm Ynah (@princeynhyng on twitter) from the Philippines. Loving iKON came naturally for me because I'm a YG stan but what I didn't know was that I'll fall so deep for those boys. Their passion, hardwork and their love for their fans are what hooked me. It was heartbreaking when they lost in WIN and even more heartbreaking to see them on another survival show called Mix and Match. But this is what made them and us fans stronger. Watching the v app livestream yeaterday, I can't express how proud I am to see them perform again. They've been through so much and they deserve all the love and support. I hope someday, they'll really be the icons of kpop. iKON + iKONIC = ❤️

Guest dianfishy_stv

Hi Jenny! I love iKON for being iKON. I am so thankful that they have debuted now. Its been two years waiting for their debut. After WIN ended i just hope that Yang Hyun suk will still let them to debut. After WIN ended i made up my mind that team B is worth to wait. They are so talented, and always put a great show on stage. I love team B and i am sure i will wait for them to debut no matter how long it takes. And i am so happy the fact that they are doing Mix n Match bcs i know its the time for them to debut soon! But seeing them having more struggle but still worked so hard to give the great show make me so proud and my love for them grew bigger. And as iKON now with 7members my love still for them.I love them more and more. They are worth to be loved by many peoples out there. Jinhwan, B.I, bobby, yunhyeong, donghyuk, june and chanwoo i will always support u all as iKON, as a talented group who never know how to give up and keep working hard to achieve their dream. I love you all

My twitter : @mazehanbin

Guest daradatdatdat_stv

Hi Jenny!! I love iKON because they work hard! They have gone through hard times and also good times.. got an opportunity to debut through WIN but end up losing.. and then there's mix and match... but its good because they got one more member and that's the lovely maknae chanwoo♡
I also love their performance, because they dance the most out of all YG groups♡
Wish i could get on an AIRPLANE and see their debut concert live because iKON is MYTPE♡

Guest Oohpearl

Hi Jenny! I actually got goosebumps reading your article!!! As an avid kpop fan, ikon is the first group I have stanned since predebut! From team b to ikon, watching the members grow and mature into an astounding and talented group made the journey extra special. From their talent to their music to their looks (of course) everything about them screams star power and happiness (for me) I love that they have always stayed humble and constantly showed their fans love. I love them for them ❤️
My Instagram and Twitter handle is both @oohpearl
Thank you so much for this and I'm excited to read more of your adventures!

Guest silv3rst4r

Hi Jenny, I love Ikon because they are amazing. Ikon is the first kpop group that has succeeded to take my heart at the first glimpse. Since Win show, I could see the Team B passions and feelings in each of their performances. They are so hardworking and thats why all of their songs are amazing such as Climax. Well, Im still listening to that song till now tho. It gives me some feels and positive vibe to work hard to achieve my goals because who knows what our future would be like. It is a lie when I say I ddint cry while watching their performances, ( it is tear of joy) they are just awesome. From the vocals, raps and lyrics, everything is just meaningful. The boys have worked hard at the young ages and they deserve to be recognized by the world. I like Double B the most in Ikon because idky theyre just lovely and yet funny. So do the other members, but double b is just perfect. Ive never met Ikon before but I really wish to meet them. That bracelet will give me that kind of feeling in Ikon concert tho and I will cry infornt of my phone screen watching their performamces Lol.
Twitter: @0ohsehunn
Instagram : @_teeranur

Guest Shxxyl

Hi Jenny!! Firstly..IWANTTOTHANKYOUUUUUUU! As a Singapore fan who is having major exam in 2 days after the concert, it's impossible for me to be there:( and thanks to u ! There's a chance for me to get a konband!!!
IKON is the first group i love for soooo long. I started loving them since 2013 which is who is next and i thought at that time they were all so young and still be so talented best yet the have that look. their songs made me cried even though i have no idea what is lyrics is about at first . Though they lost... and mix and match came up , even with new members they work hard together to achieve their dreams as a group . Watching them dance always feel like I'm falling into them again ! I really hope that I'll be the lucky fan to win the konband

Guest Shxxyl

Hi Jenny!! Firstly..IWANTTOTHANKYOUUUUUUU! As a Singapore fan who is having major exam in 2 days after the concert, it's impossible for me to be there:( and thanks to u ! There's a chance for me to get a konband!!!
IKON is the first group i love for soooo long. I started loving them since 2013 which is who is next and i thought at that time they were all so young and still be so talented best yet the have that look. their songs made me cried even though i have no idea what is lyrics is about at first . Though they lost... and mix and match came up , even with new members they work hard together to achieve their dreams as a group . Watching them dance always feel like I'm falling into them again ! I really hope that I'll be the lucky fan to win the konband

◆Instagram: @_SHXXYL_
◆Twitter : @Shxxyl_

Guest lellyftw

Hi Jenny! :D
Ikon is definitely the group in which I have poured out the most love for haha. It's been an honor to see them grow, even before they debut, and finally, on Oct 1 they have achieved that goal. In fact ikon is the only group which I can proudly say that I've stanned before they have had their debut And the fact that I love each and every single member of ikon. To be honest, in other groups I would usually have one bias, but I would not love the whole group. however for ikon it's a different case, because I love each and every member's character, talents and characteristics unique to them. Most importantly, I have learnt a lot from them.

I also saw the difficulties Ikon had to go through, such as losing WIN, having the possibility of "being removed" from ikon with the introduction of mic and match, just to achieve their goal. On the individual side, for Hanbin, he must have had it the worst, with not being able to perform his best in Show me the Money, as well as his father's fund embezzlement scandal, both of which he received tons of criticism for. However he continues to work hard and does not give up. In Climax he rapped ," God asked me if I had any regrets, I asked loudly why would I have any regrets?" This just shows his determination to achieve that goal of debuting. In fact, During WIN, Hanbin would always stress that he had to work his hardest and that determination knew no bounds. As for Bobby, he did not come from a well to do family, but kept on trying and trying and eventually he has been known in Korea for his rap skills especially since he had won the Rap Survival show , Show me the money. Through all of these experiences of ikon both on a team and individual level, they really had a huge impact on me because I started thinking have I done enough for myself to make me proud of any achievements I have? The answer was no. However from that instance onwards, I strived to do the best in whatever I did. I can't say that I've succeeded 100% in all endeavors, but I can say that there has been a huge positive mindset change on my side, and for this I would want to thank iKON for it:)

Also one thing I noticed about ikon is that they have a deep bond. When the programme mix and match was announced, they weren't sad because they have worked so hard and it seemed that if they did not succeed their hard work would simply go to the dumps, but because they were afraid that the 6 of them in Team B would no longer be able to be in the same group any longer This simply shows the strong bond team B has. And when Chanwoo joined the group, they too were very accepting and inviting to him. All in all, their strong teamwork is shown in their ability to achieve such amazing performances and their passion for what they do.

Lastly, as the aforementioned statement, ikon is extremely talented. Through their performances, it does not take an expert to realise that they are really passionate and talented in music and dance. The feeling they exhibit is sincerity, something that I find very true to the heart. Also, they constantly thank their fans because they are grateful for each and every one of us, iKONICs. And we can proudly say, yes I'm an iKONIC and I'm proud to be an iconic one!! Haha!!

That's all from me, but I would really like to win the gift because although it's just an item on its own, it reminds me of their success through hard work and determination, 2 essential points needed in our lives. I would also be reminded that hard work does pay of, because on October 3rd, they had an extremely successful concert, shown to 13000 fans at the venue , and 500,000+ who were watching online. No matter what others may say about ikon, I know I will continue to support them. And I would be ever ready for them saying "Get Ready? showtime!"

Thanks you:)
- Stephanie
IG: @lellyftw
Twitter: @Barcanstichlove

Guest winkon

Hi Jenny! I have followed members of this group since they participated in the first survival show WIN WHO IS NEXT. I watched live as their dreams of debuting together were shattered and taken away from them. I stayed a fan even after they lost knowing they might never debut together because I saw something special in them. Losing didn't kick them down it only made their hunger be able to stand on stage stronger. Despite having their dream of debuting together crushed once more with a new survival show. I've cried and waited right alongside them in their tough journey to debut.

Why do I love iKON? Because even after a loss they never lost their hunger for the stage. Because even after having an uncertain future as a group the bond they have with each other never broke and their love for their fans could be felt by people all over the global. Because six became seven. because they were finally able to stand on stage together as an official group and finally Touch The Sky.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/smiledonghyuk97

Guest heenimxluv

Hi Jenny! My love for iKON dates back as far as August 19, 2013.

The day of the WIN press conference is still as clear as day in my memory. I remember my alarming going off at 6 in the morning while I tried to set up the stream on my phone. The moment the stream opened and I heard the clicking of hundreds of cameras, I knew something big was going to happen for me. The moment Team B came out I felt these butterflies in my stomach that can’t even properly be explained. You know those butterflies you get when you know something amazing is about to happen? Those butterflies.

The first episode of WIN, which I woke up at 6 or 7AM for (I can’t remember if it was daylight savings during that time) was literally life-changing. Team A had their whole introduction with clips of them practicing in the months before, and then it was Team B’s turn. Right as the opening beats of Make it Nasty played and they started dancing, I was smitten.

Their style, their energy, their extreme passion was of a level I had never seen before. I’m not just saying that because I like them, it’s seriously how different they are compared to other groups. Maybe it’s because they’re young, full of life and hope but I knew for sure that these boys were different from the get-go and I wanted to be a part of their journey for as long as I could.

Team B had me whipped with every passing second as the show continued. Each and every member is equally needed and wanted and treated as important pieces of the puzzle (which they rightfully are). There are some groups that subconsciously push their lacking members back, or place them in the back during a performance praying that nobody notices they’re lacking. This has never once been the case with Team B. It’s not only Hanbin that works with the members, but Jinhwan and Bobby too do all in their power to help out the remaining three. Yunhyeong mentioned how Jinhwan would stay back after practice to help Yunhyeong with the choreography even when he could perform the number in his sleep. Jinhwan was never ordered to do it, and he was never obligated to, but he (along with Bobby and Hanbin) have made it their responsibility to help and care for the members.

When Yunhyeong and Donghyuk were not as vocally adept as Junhoe, Hanbin didn’t push them to the back or give them less lines in attempt to make it less noticeable. He gave them as many lines and as much of a presence as was given to Junhoe. They’re a group that’s fully aware of each other’s strengths and weaknesses and they work together to develop weaknesses into strengths.

Finally, my lonely and upset self had something that made me happy beyond words. A kind of happiness that makes your heart expand in size just at the thought of these people. This whole time also corresponded with two really important personal experiences for me which made me rely on Team B a lot more than I ever expected.

During this time, I was confused as to what career path I wanted to take. Worried that I had no real dream, I never thought I’d find something that truly makes me happy. Seeing Team B and the energy and passion they would exude on stage made everything okay. I just thought ‘Well, if I can’t live out my own dream, the idea of Team B being able to do so is more than anything I could ever wish for.’ Because they’re the same age as me (±2 years) and have such a defined idea of what they want to do and have chased after that dream without a bit of regret makes all of my problems disappear.

You just can’t come between boys who have seen each other at their worst and been there through the most vulnerable moments to hold and support each other. Mix & Match was filled with its own set of hurdles and hardships, but as we can see today, they made it out just fine, stronger than ever.

I didn’t know what living was before them, and I never felt fully content with myself as a person, as a daughter and as a sister until they came into my life. I’ve become a much better person because of them and though I’m not perfect by any means, I was able to become a person that I’m proud to be. Team B/iKON taught me that it’s not only the result of your hard work that’s important, it’s also the method that you use to achieve these things. I’ve learned the importance of staying true to myself and my own values in all walks of life. Being true to yourself and those around you is the greatest thing you can do in your lifetime and you should take full advantage of that.

Anything and everything iKON do inspires me in one way or another. Their passion for music and sharing it with others is so heartwarming and something you don't see often these days. Streaming iKON's Debut Concert last night proved to me once again how special they are. Their happiness can be felt through every movement they make on stage and they never fail to catch the audience's attention. They're such a humble group of boys that were shocked at the turnout of guests at their concert despite having their warm-up single My Type at #1 on the charts for 6 days straight. Humbled and hardworking best describe these boys best. Seeing the concert through my phone screen was absolutely legendary and I can only imagine how much more magical it was to experience in life. They absolutely blew me away and I can't wait to see them grow and prosper for the next 5, 10, 20 years.

Twitter: @LeeKirins
Instagram: @SaraMoony

Guest ygmember

Hi Jenny, I am @ygmember on Twitter.
The first thing that makes me into a group is when I see something that I could relate in to them. What I really admire about iKON is the determination they have to succeed in their career because they know they have people out there who depends on them, most specifically their families whom we all witnessed how they love dearly. That's the greatest thing that got me into them. I'm very close to my family, and I know the burdens that they have gone through as I grow up. iKON inspire me to be thankful and to honor my family by working hard to give back what they deserve and by making myself better than I am every day.

Archived