Baekhyun Opens Up About EXO’s Closet Fans on “The Gifted”

Newsie

EXO‘s Baekhyun shares a few words about closet fans and EXO-L on the pilot episode of MBC’s “The Gifted.” When discussing the topic of obsessed fans who are not completely understood by the society, MC Baekhyun says, “Some of our fans struggle to come out of the closet and confess ‘I like EXO,’” and explains, “This kind of behavior is referred […]

The post Baekhyun Opens Up About EXO’s Closet Fans on “The Gifted” appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest crzy4funn

this is true of any kpop group's fans...there's a stereotype that this should only be enjoyed by teenage girls, but that's completely not true. and on top of that, this is exo-ls we're talking about...i feel like currently, exo-l is the fandom most well-known for craziness, unrepresentative of the entire fandom as that may be

Guest nash_612_stv

It would be interesting if they could keep the show going, I really like the idea of it. Obssesion seeking is a good way to describe Korean society in not just how they get obssesed with idols, but there's other issues as well that could be approached.
I feel like part of this fandom in particular who lives abroad, often experiences a cultural shock from this type of behaviour which they cannot understand, because they don't share the same mentality and needless to say, their society works very differently. That's why it comes as outreageous and crazy, I think there's a lot more to understand from it.

Archived