[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How very close YaNuo came to being busted in the hospital..

When the doctor came out and ZiFeng asked how was he doing the doctor said that the young woman was doing well and the fever was down. LOL.. ZiFeng of course says there is a mistake because Pi YaNuo is a man not a woman and the doctor says how is that possible she is a woman and then says I will double check. Of course at that moment Mom and Dad Pi come in to fuss at ZiFeng only to have the doctor come back and say I have checked and YaNuo is a W....and Mom and dad figure out what he is about to say and rush in to say they are his family and how is he detouring that line of conversation. ZiFeng of course thinks nothing of it this time but later when he figures out or finds out she is a girl all these little clues will add up.

Qingyang can see that Zherui either likes YaNuo or may know something. While they were having dinner you could see him watching YaNuo and Zherui and he knows that the man would not have agreed to work for the amusement park if not for YaNuo saying they could be colleagues. Zherui did not want to because of his misconceptions about ZiFeng.

I can see that Zherui knows  YaNuo's birthday is coming and that he will become a she again.. I wonder if he is waiting for his chance? It will be too late as YaNuo's heart will belong to ZiFeng.. It should be interesting to see how he tries to get close to YaNuo though.

Now in the preview ZiFeng tells YaNuo when they are again in the animal area perhaps that he would like him surprising Ya Nuo in the voice over as he says if you are a girl I would like you as he fixes YaNuo's shoe. YaNuo also explains why he was so close to ZiFeng while they were camping saying it was because he had a fever and was trying to warm him and ZiFeng says as long as you are around I am warm and YaNuo goes to touch his check to check him and ZiFeng grabs his hand and they share a look.

So we are on the path of his falling for YaNuo even as a guy and seeing YaNuo in that fairy costume for the play at the end is the start although I think he is very aware of YaNuo now.

I am loving this drama..

Is it me or is the woman in the ending credits perhaps Megan Lai? She walks behind ZiFeng and YaNuo as they are leaning over the edge looking down then we see her as she hides her face a bit.

As to why he was shown in a uniform but is a Vet now from Doctors with Borders.. perhaps they where originally going to take his Character as a Captain of the cruise ship but changed their mind and made him a vet instead to meet YaNuo again. Of course he could be in the Military still or do a side job as a Captain or something..

@Ldy Gmerm Yes, that is one little clue that Zifeng may one day remember. And yes, that is Megan with her real short hair. She's also shown on the opening credits. I think because that's Megan's real image right now so when Yanuo becomes/return to being a girl that will be her look.

Okay but what i do not understand is.. (please do not flame me, i love this show too.) Did zifeng heart skipped a beat when he saw yanuo dressed as a fairy? I am really confused. 

I think so too. That's why he said in the preview that if Yanuo is a woman he might like him. :wub:

Is anyone curious as to whether or not Megan Lai's voice is originally that deep in real life? I have seen her other production, Miss Rose, and it is no where as deep there... makes me wonder how she is acting as a man so well! :D

I saw the first few episodes of Miss Rose and she do those voices too and even her posture is kinda like Yanuo. 

Like in this part where Si Yi is buying flowers. Listen to the way she talk. She also does that voice whenever Si Yi is agitated or angry. Sounds like Yanuo's to me. 

Found the OST  that was played for Qingyang and Nana's scene on episode 4.

Sunny Day by Derrick Hoh

Viki did the translations of the song but the first part wasn't included in the scene. Made the lrc but only used the translations from google for the first part.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-09-22-50.png

Guest IrisEva

Let me start up  saying this i'm a big sucker for gender bender dramas ..so when i stumbled up on this show i had to watch it so here i'm  after watching all four episodes in one go ..man this show is so cheesy and cliché yet i can't help but love it ..i absolutely  love how   megan looks and acts in the show ..she totally makes me feel she was raised up  as a guy and her looks  gives me the vib of a flower boy not of a  girl dressed up as a guy (which just earns a big thumbs up from me).. i think Baron Chen might totally get added to my pretty boy crushes list ..and these two  have some awesomely adorable chemistry which i'm totally digging ..the only complains i have about is the phase of drama is too fast,our leads bonded and became blood brother so fastly that i can't digest  their relationship  in the beginning...and am i the only one who found  Nana and Qing yang storyline to be  little disconnected ?? IDK it just  feels like some different drama going in the middle of the main drama ..usually i always  love the secondary couples..some time even more than the leads...but in this show i'm totally  not able to get into their story..it feels really abrupt  and totally disjointed ..to be exact it feels like a filler  story written to fill up the episode length ..sorry if i offended any one ..but that's  how i felt about their story ..now now i really can't wait to see Zhi Feng's  reaction on seeing Ya Nuo dressed up as a  princess ..!!!

@thunderman1 I've seen Megan in another TW drama called "Two Fathers" (totally loved it!) and I don't remember her voice being that deep in the drama. I remember her voice was quite girly.

@IrisEva Yup, the pace of the drama is too fast and not realistic (Who becomes blood brother with a person you just met?). I also think Nana and Qing Yang's story is a little disconnected... Hopefully the writing/editing will get better. 

Guest skeletonworks

That moment when the second lead is soooo freaking hot!! 911!!!! Who is he?? I got a feeling that he likes Yanuo. Even QingYang noticed it too! Oh heartbreak! 

You know I love this drama but I couldn't help but nitpick at the lousy direction or poor writing. When Zifeng carried Yanuo, do normal guy carry another guy like that ?? It's so strange. I want him to treat Yanuo like a guy because he's a guy despite his fragile look. Besides his hand or arm hurt. Wouldn't it be easier to piggyback Yanuo instead? 

@doctor23b I think his heart didn't skip a beat. It stopped immediately XD Yanuo looked stunning cross-dressing! So glad that Yanuo is actually a girl. Otherwise I might flip table that a guy can look prettier than me!

@IrisEva You're not alone. I think it was written by another scriptwriter LOL. It's like thrown there because Bii is hot stuff and we shouldn't waste it. LMAO.

I agree with you all that Bii's storyline is so disconnected. To be honest, I'm a fan of Bii and Na Na because they're just so adorable but I'm a little scared of where it'll go since she has cancer. I really don't know why Na Na is so interested in Bii and why Bii cares so much about Na Na other than the fact that he took her to the hospital the other day. Let's just hope they can connect the drama together soon because I really like Bromance as a whole right now! I never have second lead syndrome but being a fan of Sean Lee I might, and so far his character is cute! Looking forward to that storyline as well.

@skeletonworks Yeah I really don't think guys would carry another guy like that LOL. I guess they did it like that because eventually Ya Nuo is going to go back to being a girl so this is leading up to it since in dramas guys carry girls like that and we viewers think it's cute haha!

@thunderman1 I'm pretty sure this is Bii's first time in a major role. In previous dramas like Someone Like You he would just play a small part and be in like one episode, tops. His scenes are pretty awkward as of right now and it's literally Na Na talking so much and him with only a few lines of speech. Nevertheless, he's still pretty cute! ;) 

Guest skeletonworks

@uglypearl Thanks for sharing the BTS! Baron Chen is sooo hyper! Totally different from his cool Zifeng character.

@jazz638 Yeah Bii is cute!! Reminds me of Jimmy Lin, old time crush!

@thunderman1 I also feel like his acting is a bit stiff or is it maybe his character was written as such? Like how I thought Vic Zhou was stiff in Meteor Garden but he was quite okay in other drama. The cool quiet type character is very hard to portray I reckon. If you're not good at acting, it'd probably came out as stiff? But at least I can tell that he suspects something is wrong with Yanuo and Zherui. He's not so bad I guess. Hahaha.

New characters

12195790_1666684116945316_41427714604683

Wu WanHao 

-> We have to watch out for this guy.  Though he's one of the ZiFeng's dad's sworn brothers, this guy has hidden agenda.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12240132_1666889680258093_3291436553498804934_n.jpg?oh=eb217a68177edcf8d378c97ce0bf0df5&oe=56F5A665&__gda__=1455348660_bc9bf44fb4d6e523feec2eb5c87b4cea

Nan XingTian

-> The other ZiFeng's dad's sworn brother. He has a gentle personality. He's a coffee shop owner.

His apprentice is QingYang.  He's NaNa's dad. He has not seen his daughter yet.

--> NaNa  found out that her father exists at the time of her mom's death.

She is searching for her dad and wants to sue him for abandoning them to claim large sum of money in

order to buy her mom's old house before her life could disappear.

Guest IrisEva

@Dreamy Luna: seriously who does that ?? i wish the same too!!

@skeletonworks: LOL true that's what it feels like why waste a hot guy ..let's give him some thing to do ...and i  have no idea how a guy carries another one ..but it's defo not the way Zifeng carried Yanuo...:lol::lol:

@thunderman1: even i feel the same way ..the only thing i  caught  up on from his expressions is as Skeletonworks mentioned  that he is constantly suspicious about yanuo..but when i though he would  do something about it  he just brushes off the expression and smiles or  just goes out of  the scene ..and i really don't get why??:blink::blink:okay do i sound dumb now?? sorry if i do..i'm little my paced sometimes :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Vote Bromance, Megan and Baron to win at the Sanlih SETTV Awards!

Hey Everyone! I'm sorry for not yet translating - my life outside of dramas is crazy busy at the moment. But I will try to do it soon! At the moment, I'm even behind in this series by one episode :( But I'm sharing some important news...if you love Bromance and want to see Megan Lai, Baron Chen and the Bromance series recognized for awards, vote for them at the Sanlih Awards! The TV station hosts annual awards celebrating their most successful series...the awards are given to winners based on audience votes and professional preferences...The best thing about voting for your favourite couples and shows is that you'll get to see them at the awards...and this can bring on some cute moments! You don't have to be Taiwanese to vote...In fact yu, don't even have to read Chinese...I'll run you through it...

So far, Murphy's Law of Love is winning everything. I started off watching that show, but got pretty bored of it half-way and I don't want them to take out all the awards. The shows and actors I want to win are Bromance and When I See You Again, and Megan Lai and Jasper Liu, so I've voted for them...Vote and help your favourite actors win! To vote, you need to be logged into Facebook and give the app permission to access basic profile stuff (just your name and age I think. It can't post on your profile and you can make sure they don't get your email). Then go to this site (the Official Sanlih Awards site) and click on a category (each category has a picture from the show that is winning the votes in that category). The categories from top left to bottom right are: Best Crying Scene, Best Kiss, Best Comedy Actor, Best Elderly Actor, Best Drama Couple, Best New Potential Actor, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Drama. In each category you'll see a number of actor/actress/show options. You'll see 2 buttons under each option: The top button is a voting button, so click on that one! Some boxes might pop up, but just click ok for them and they'll go away and let you vote. The bottom button is to share your vote on Facebook. I think you can only vote once in each category per day. Good luck - Bromance is in at least 3 categories - Best Actor for Baron Chen, Best Actress for Megan Lai and Best Drama for Bromance!

I'm sorry gals, but Bii cannot act for the sake of this drama.. It is his first time acting, or am I wrong? 

It might be that his character is suppose to be portrayed that way but I see him as someone who cannot raise his tone, expressionless.

Yep! It's Bii's first main supporting role. I think he's cameo'ed in other dramas before, but he was saying in an interview video I watched that he's never acted properly before so he gets nervous. For some reason, the TV station is really backing the Bii-and-Katie pairing, which drives me nuts because I find them so awkward and annoying. But I do like Bii as an entertainer and singer. His songs are always really beautiful. And he's really pretty eye-candy. I'm sure his acting will pick up with practice...but I'm hoping for more main pairing scenes and less secondary couple scenes...

Vote Bromance, Megan and Baron to win at the Sanlih SETTV Awards!

Hey Everyone! I'm sorry for not yet translating - my life outside of dramas is crazy busy at the moment. But I will try to do it soon! At the moment, I'm even behind in this series by one episode :( But I'm sharing some important news...if you love Bromance and want to see Megan Lai, Baron Chen and the Bromance series recognized for awards, vote for them at the Sanlih Awards! The TV station hosts annual awards celebrating their most successful series...the awards are given to winners based on audience votes and professional preferences...The best thing about voting for your favourite couples and shows is that you'll get to see them at the awards...and this can bring on some cute moments! You don't have to be Taiwanese to vote...In fact yu, don't even have to read Chinese...I'll run you through it...

So far, Murphy's Law of Love is winning everything. I started off watching that show, but got pretty bored of it half-way and I don't want them to take out all the awards. The shows and actors I want to win are Bromance and When I See You Again, and Megan Lai and Jasper Liu, so I've voted for them...Vote and help your favourite actors win! To vote, you need to be logged into Facebook and give the app permission to access basic profile stuff (just your name and age I think. It can't post on your profile and you can make sure they don't get your email). Then go to this site (the Official Sanlih Awards site) and click on a category (each category has a picture from the show that is winning the votes in that category). The categories from top left to bottom right are: Best Crying Scene, Best Kiss, Best Comedy Actor, Best Elderly Actor, Best Drama Couple, Best New Potential Actor, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Drama. In each category you'll see a number of actor/actress/show options. You'll see 2 buttons under each option: The top button is a voting button, so click on that one! Some boxes might pop up, but just click ok for them and they'll go away and let you vote. The bottom button is to share your vote on Facebook. I think you can only vote once in each category per day. Good luck - Bromance is in at least 3 categories - Best Actor for Baron Chen, Best Actress for Megan Lai and Best Drama for Bromance!

Done. I vote every year to make all my contributions count. :) 

Archived