[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

@Lemonsea I totally get where your coming from my darling but I agree with @rosee70 @kiraning it's like guilty pleasure and hits all my romantic feels but I simultaneously cringe with embarrassment. Literally for episode 7 when Yanou confessed I was cringing (rolling around my bed in complete utter disbelief, embarrassment and excitement) so badly I suffered from like cramps on my legs. IDK how that happened but ahahahah that's my life.

I'm super excited for episode 8! JEALOUSY is something I love when I watch drama ahahaha. @Angelique Salvatierra thanks for the translations! Your feeding my addiction! Cannot believe it's a 20+ episode drama and it's only one episode per week! 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The previous drama before bromance had the ultimate climax at episode 12.. so assuming that is the timeline we follow.. would ya nuo identity be know in like 3 to 5 more episodes? I mean its only 53 more days to her birthday... Gosh, the sexuality in this show is just so tip off the scale. I am for same sex couples, but this is just getting so harsh I don't know should I enjoy it? 

I am a guy and I actually want both of them to kiss when they are closely together face to face. Gosh, whats happening to me ?!?!

How can baron chen become more handsome as he grows older. I didnt even register him in Fated to love You. As for megan lai yan, how can someone look so different with different hairstyles? She is so beautiful when she dressed as girl in this drama, but i found her just average in Miss Rose. 

This drama has spoiled me. I am unable to watch any korean or japanese or even other taiwanese dramas. Seriously addicted.

@rosee70 True. Megan Lai's been in dramas since forever and I've even watched a couple of episodes of each when they aired on TV - But she's never really stood out to me. Now I'm like...where has she been all my life?! LOL! 

Speaking of looking better with age, Baron actually made a comment about Megan along the same lines.

If you see around 3:59, a reporter asked if he treats Megan like a guy when they act together. He talks a little bit about Megan's hairstyle as Ya Nuo, that it was the hairstyle that he wanted but since she did it he had to find something else. Then:

Baron: But I think this styling makes her look handsome. Actually I've known her for quite long, and I personally prefer her feminine side. Because I feel that, I haven't seen her in awhile and she now has an added...womanly feel. I like it.

Megan: Thank goodness! I thought you were going to say that I have an added sense of heroism. 

Baron: You do! But compared to me, perhaps...

Megan: Oh I get it. Sorry.

Baron: And you know she's my junior ( 学妹 female junior) - Seniors (学长 male seniors) often want to take care of their juniors. 

Megan: Thanks senior. 

And I agree. Compared to 2010 when they first worked together there's a mature womanly vibe to her which is really nice. 

@doctor23b I totally understand where your coming from!

In other news look how gorgeous these two looked in the magazine shoot!

tumblr_nykkhwNU7W1sv2ak8o3_400.gif tumblr_nykkhwNU7W1sv2ak8o2_400.gif

tumblr_nykkhwNU7W1sv2ak8o4_400.gif tumblr_nykkhwNU7W1sv2ak8o1_400.gif

SET TV Preview // Baron Chen & Megan Lai for Hua Liu Magazine

Credit: doramaticbites

tumblr_nyiidxaL2S1sv2ak8o4_r1_400.gif tumblr_nyiidxaL2S1sv2ak8o1_400.gif

tumblr_nyiidxaL2S1sv2ak8o2_400.gif tumblr_nyiidxaL2S1sv2ak8o3_400.gif

tumblr_nyiidxaL2S1sv2ak8o6_400.gif tumblr_nyiidxaL2S1sv2ak8o5_400.gif

完全娱乐 First Look // Baron Chen & Megan Lai for Hua Liu Magazine 

And I absolutely love how Megan Lai can look so feminine if she changes her clothing style and actions. 

tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo8_r1_400.gif tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo7_r1_400.gif tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo2_r1_400.gif tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo6_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo3_400.gif tumblr_nyjnbtiOeL1u207xuo4_400.gif

Bromance 愛上哥們 Megan Lai being sexy, cute and funny at magazine shooting

Credit: koanapino

On 12/1/2015 at 3:20 PM, xXMzSmilesXx said:

@doctor23b I totally understand where your coming from!

In other news look how gorgeous these two looked in the magazine shoot!

SET TV Preview // Baron Chen & Megan Lai for Hua Liu Magazine

完全娱乐 First Look // Baron Chen & Megan Lai for Hua Liu Magazine 

And I absolutely love how Megan Lai can look so feminine if she changes her clothing style and actions. 

MOD EDIT: Do not quote images

Bromance 愛上哥們 Megan Lai being sexy, cute and funny at magazine shooting

Credit: koanapino

Preach it sister^^ They are just glorious together. Seeing them just bring sweet balm to my heart^^ It's been so long since I last enjoyed two actors so much, and I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one in this madness!Megan is really adorable and in the meantime really feminine, and just don't start me about Baron,otherwise I fear I may becomme incoherent. Just a question, can someone confirm to me their ages please? When were they born? I found conflicting infos on the web...

@Lemonsea @rosee70 @kiraning I haven't been on this forum for awhile, but I totally agree. I watch the show for the chemistry between the leads rather than the story itself. I mean, when I heard about the story line, I thought it could be something really cool. But it's sort of gone down the cheesy path. With that said, I've really grown to like the leads and I definitely feel that Megan Lai and Baron Chen have some really good chemistry going down. They're pretty fun and entertaining, so I try to ignore the gaping plot holes and ridiculous situations. I think this drama is good for laughs (at how ridiculous the scenarios are) if you don't take the plot too seriously. 

I think someone on this forum also said that Taiwanese dramas have more crazy story lines. Which is true sometimes. But then I think about Korean dramas and I don't think the scenarios are any less ridiculous. They also have story lines with Aliens and Body-swapping, which isn't any more realistic. But they have a smoother style of execution - more succinct plots and witter comedy rather than slapstick comedy which the Taiwanese love. I think you can't just compare one country's dramas as being 'better' than another's...you really have to get an understanding for the culture of the place. Koreans have a real love for 'cool' and have had a strong exposure to American culture, so I think that's why many Western audiences relate better to Korean dramas. But I think Taiwanese dramas have their own special flavour...Also, in recent years, many have improved in their style and quality :) 

Hi everyone~

i haven't visit this site for about a year now since IAGW so i'm a semi-newbie :)  just want to say this tv show has sparked my asian tv desire since IAGW and though the script may be choppy, illogical with flaws but to be honest, many asian shows are quite flawed and so it's never a determining factor when i watch them; unless it becomes ridiculous and hard to make sense.  what i appreciate about this team is the effort and talent both actors and crews apply to iron out the wrinkles that don't make sense/illogical, through their filming techniques, acting skills and other fortes.  (added) Like River said, if you over analyze why ZF hasn't noticed YN is a female then you take out the allure and richness of drama, tv shows/movies are fun to watch because they explore the imagination and the impossibilities - and i'm totally on board with his take (and whatever he says for that matter:wub:) I LOVE BROMANCE, ok mostly River Chen & Megan Lai.

6 hours ago, mumuchan said:

Thank you! They don't look like their ages , or you could say they're in their prime, after all, 37 and 36 is NOT old at al^^

actually, River Chen is 34, he is 1981 even though wiki noted differently and he's one year younger than Megan Lai.  The reason i use River instead of Baron is because he used River in his recent autograph so...

anyhow, i will help to contribute to any translation (maybe not be top notch) because my parents made me learn some chinese when i still a kid and quite grateful now that i can use it to watch tv shows hahaha the beauty of language.

2 hours ago, littlesame said:

Actually, River Chen is 34, he is 1981 even though wiki noted differently and he's one year younger than Megan Lai.  The reason i use River instead of Baron is because he used River in his recent autograph so..

Honestly River is so much better than Baron haha! But I'm so used to calling him Baron. It'd take awhile XD 

I'd seen info about him being 34 as well. Even 36 (one article listed him as being born 1979). But most Chinese/Taiwanese fans/sources seem to agree that he's 37. I checked the source link in the English wiki (which says he's 34) and it linked Baidu baike, which now lists him as 37 y/o. So I think they probably listed him as 34 in the past. Most Chinese language sources also list him as 37. But most importantly he said that he was Megan's senior in school. So 37 seems about right. 

Regardless, 34/36/37 neither of them ook their age indeed :) Whatever regime they're on I want to be in on it. 

Archived