[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this drama, why?because its turning me psycho. Its one episode a week argh, subs take forever to come out:tears:  I've watched each episode twice, re reading recaps,i hate the person who recommended it for turning me into an Obsessed nut case.why did i start a show that will end in march :crazy::sweatingbullets:

Just be patient! Subbers and segmenters do it for free! And also, subs are generally and relatively done in a manner that is efficient. You can expect subs to be up 1-2 days after the initial airing. :)

Oh, i totally understand and I'm grateful for the subbers and segmenters, and i think they're fast in that aspect, it's just when a drama is so good and you're dying to find out what's next, one episode after a long week of waiting seems like forever which makes it seem like subs are taking forever which infact aren't.this show would be two episodes a week and I'd still be dying to find out what happens next and hating the wait especially with zifeng almost combusting any time he's near pi yanuo (piano lol)the previews don't help the anxiety i feel. Its the process of waiting that's hateful, i wish i found out about the show after it was done airing to marathon at once and it's not like now i know about it, i can make myself stop its the only drama after Sassy Go Go that has drawn me in.i hope this somewhat makes sense.

I hate this drama, why?because its turning me psycho. Its one episode a week argh, subs take forever to come out:tears:  I've watched each episode twice, re reading recaps,i hate the person who recommended it for turning me into an Obsessed nut case.why did i start a show that will end in march :crazy::sweatingbullets:

Just be patient! Subbers and segmenters do it for free! And also, subs are generally and relatively done in a manner that is efficient. You can expect subs to be up 1-2 days after the initial airing. :)

Oh, i totally understand and I'm grateful for the subbers and segmenters, and i think they're fast in that aspect, it's just when a drama is so good and you're dying to find out what's next, one episode after a long week of waiting seems like forever which makes it seem like subs are taking forever which infact aren't.this show would be two episodes a week and I'd still be dying to find out what happens next and hating the wait especially with zifeng almost combusting any time he's near pi yanuo (piano lol)the previews don't help the anxiety i feel. Its the process of waiting that's hateful, i wish i found out about the show after it was done airing to marathon at once and it's not like now i know about it, i can make myself stop its the only drama after Sassy Go Go that has drawn me in.i hope this somewhat makes sense.

No worries! You can marathon it all at once later on? I used to do this but now I don't have the time so I like waiting each week for new episodes. It's like having something to look forward to and being happy about it every week! :)

Only an episode by week ? Seriously ? They are kidding me ?? miss-bone-187-316f0d3.gif

Majority of T-dramas air once per week. :) 

That first episode was so cheesy that I think I developed a bad case of lactose intolerance and it had an unhealthy amount of aegyo but oddly enough it was still a barrel of laughs. Episode 2 took a much more serious turn although it wasn't entirely devoid of humour

I haven't seen anything with Baron since Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao and although he could certainly do with a lot more padding, he's blossomed into a rather suave leading man. That hairstyle is rather distracting though, reminding me of Tamaki Hiroshi in Nodame. 

Megan's really good as the cross-dressing Yanuo. Probably better than anyone I've ever seen in this kind of role. But then she's had 25 years to perfect it. :P And I was thinking too about how ironic it was that her voice was deeper than Baron's. ;) She's definitely got that gangly gait down pat. 

What's not to like about Du Zifeng? He's the very epitome of masculine perfection. Even a cross-dressing girl with badass fighting skills has to succumb to those charms eventually.

The premise is silly... and the moral of the story is that her parents are first class idiots not just for believing the fortune teller but for allowing themselves to be controlled by this fear. But I suppose if they hadn't subjected their daughter to this act of idiocy she'd probably never have noticed Prince Charming or he her. ;)

For me the show works best when it focuses on the relationship of the leads and on the dynamics of the Du family. 

oh thank goodness i thought i was the only one who felt the cheese,i still feel it 3 or 4 times in each episode, don't get me wrong i love it :wub: obsessed even with this show but, i constantly ask myself 'He did not just say that? ' or laughing at some of the lines Zifeng dishes out.

No worries! You can marathon it all at once later on? I used to do this but now I don't have the time so I like waiting each week for new episodes. It's like having something to look forward to and being happy about it every week! :)

Only an episode by week ? Seriously ? They are kidding me ?? miss-bone-187-316f0d3.gif

Majority of T-dramas air once per week. :) 

oh, i don't have the will or discipline to wait till its done airing right now , maybe when its at the halfway point and losses its steam as dramas tend to do will i able to think about it and wait patiently like a rational person

Episode 6 is epic in the cheesyness department, but how I love these two leads, their on screen chemistry gives one heart burn and indigestion due to all that cutenest, and makes one stop breathing when Zifeng intentlys looks at Ya Nuo, especially when he just can't help himself. 

So funny that ZiFeng is struggling to comes to terms with his feelings, and can't understand why Ya Nuo is everything he is looking for in a future other half , to describes his ideal and its Ya Nuo, his sworn blood brother and not a female (poor Zifeng if only he knew)

Potential love triangle with Ya Nuo and Ya Nuo little sister (basically Ya Nuo as a girl and not blood brother!) with ZiFeng, hehehe, he won't know what todo, he'll fall for Sister Ya Nuo and also have deep loving feelings for his blood brother Ya Nuo.... poor guy will go crazy and think he is Bi sexual, nothing wrong with it, only this really screws with his head and heart, the confusion Ya Nuo has created and will continue to create for Zifeng, the guy is petty with his jealousy and he knows it.  

I like how zifeng sister so gallantly stepped aside with her feelings and was supportive of her brothers supposed gay love.

Love that Xiao Xing is such a supportive cousin to Ya Nuo, making her believe and feel reassured that she has the "IT" factor to turn mens head.  Shame that ZiFeng didn't get to bump into Girl Ya Nuo accidentally, because that would have been more shenanigans.

Like everyon,  I am addicted to this drama, and wished it aired everyday twice a day. 

Zifeng would be so glad when he finds out that the love of his life is truly all female.

It's nice to be able to watch a couple of Taiwanese dramas that are actually half decent. I'm really enjoying Bromance, more than I thought I would, even more than the other one, which surprises even me. It's a pretty cheesy show with a silly premise undoubtedly but yet there's something inherently likeable and surprisingly grounded about it. The leads are decent human beings and they bring out the best in each other and the people around them.

It's interesting that Zifeng's finer qualities brings out Yanuo's 女人味 which in turn is bringing out all his protective instincts. ;)

I'm not a fan of the garrulous coffee drinking second/third female lead. Her early aegyo made me cringe but that seems to be a temporary thing, thank goodness.

It's early days I know and things could go awry... as is typical of Taiwanese rom coms to drag things out with jarring melodrama. But I'm hoping for the best. The chemistry of the leads alone can't keep the show going.

Good morning to everybody. I'm reading all your post which is becoming my habit before anything else ever since I've started watching this drama. I have watched several Taiwanese com rom dramas in the previous years and this year of which the latest is When I See You Again. Comparing to what I've watched, this drama BROMANCE exceeded them all.  

Zifeng (Barry Chen) made me forget Aaron Yan, Jasper Liu, George Hu, etc.,etc. He is very handsome and I am being carried away with all his scenes with Yanou.  

Archived