[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

I am counting the hours until the next Episode.. Thanks for posting the found translation @uglypearl.

No matter how much they fight internally it is already too late for them they are connected and do not even realize it yet. One will try his best to fight the growing feelings since it is a guy (or so he thinks) the other will be torn on what to do now continue as he has been for 25 years as a guy for friendship or go back to being a woman for love. There is a big chance that Du Zi Feng would never understand why she lived that way and if it was all a trick to get close to him. (I hope it does not go this route though..) But I am hoping by the time it comes out he has reasoned enough in his mind to ask why and to listen to the answers he is given.

Not being able to be your true self is hard and when it is this close to ending being put in a position to waver on what you looked forward too is painful. It is going to be very interesting to watch these two and those around them as the story progresses. 

Come on Episode 3!!!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i saw this drama over doramax and i really wanted to download and watch it but my question is-

is it a BL drama or the girl is kinda cosplaying as Boy like Your beauriful where park shin hye was cosplaying as boy ? 

If its a BL drama i will really give it a shot if not i will watch it if i get any spare time apart from my studies and of course watching hormones, She was pretty and Sassy Go GO

@kissmeStarlight it is gender bender theme like You're Beautiful. This is the best gender bender I've seen so far. Saw many actually, japanese, korean, lakorn, even anime and manga are no exceptions. Megan Lai is good looking like a flower boy. I liked her role as Abusi in Cafe.Waiting.Love and was a bit sad that her story there is just a small part, but now this! Hee hee. :wub:

Preview episode 4:

(I apologize, I only understand few Mandarin words)

YaNuo is brought to the hospital. ZiFeng is worried about YaNuo.

YaNuo's parents arrive at the hospital, YaNuo's mom is reprimanding at ZiFeng about his promise.

ZiFeng saying sorry to YaNuo's mom.

ZiFeng goes to the editor who locked YaNuo to make him pay for what he did to YaNuo.

ZheRui talking to YaNuo . Both are friendly to each other.

It was shown that he witnessed YaNuo saving ZiFeng when they were young.

( I get the feeling ZheRui is the doctor who took care of YaNuo in the hospital. )

In Episode 3 (This is what I interpret from what I see)

---> Something happened to YaNuo's hotdog business (it's GuangChao's fault)

---> Through ZiHan (she told ZiFeng about what happened), ZiFeng gave him a job in his office.

---> ZiFeng didn't get angry at YaNuo when he found out that YaNuo wrote the letter. ZiFeng thankful to YaNuo for doing that.

---> ZiFeng  is touched by what YaNuo did. He inteprets that YaNuo is worried about him, he thinks YaNuo wrote the letter to comfort him and cheer him up.

--->ZiFeng successful leaps to other side to rescue YaNuo. ZiFeng got hurt from the glass.

Another Preview  Ep4 :

YaNuo is alone in a indoor hotspring, playing and enjoying by herself but then she got surprised that ZiFeng, QingYang and ZheRui came.

ZiFeng is surprised that YaNuo is there, then takes off his robe and joins in. QingYang joins in too. ZheRui reluctantly follows.

ZheRui is also surprised that YaNuo is there and he's so worried about her that they might find out about YaNuo.

YaNuo tells them that she's going to leave while covers herself with towel but then a part of that towel got stuck on a branch of a plant decoration. ZiFeng going closer to YaNuo to help her. ZheRui with a shocking expression and looks at her (Seems that ZheRui will try to find a way to help YaNuo)

Video from perhaps Episode 3:

Hidden Content

Video Credit SetTV 三立電視 YouTube Channel.

From what I read somewhere on the web.. DU Zi Feng starts liking Pi Ya Nuo as their friendship grows and will wish that he was a girl.. ( just be patient and you will get your wish.)

I have to agree his friend QianYang  does look at Pi Ya Nuo as if he thinks something is off about him and I am sure that he will figure out as well that he is really a she. Given how nice Pi Ya Nuo is I can see him not saying anything about it but he may ask why she is living this way.

The hardest part is the choice Pi Ya Nuo will have to make with his coming birthday. IF he stays a guy he can be best friends with Zi Feng and be close to the object of his affection but not be true to himself and live his life the way she should be.

If he chooses to let go of his male persona then he gains maybe Zi Fengs anger or love and admits she was the one that saved him so long ago. Something that was simple days ago just got real complicated with his/her friendship with Zi Feng, His sister's love for Pi Ya Nuo and discovering Zi Feng is the boy she saved as kids and he has been hoping to meet her again.

I like the show but unfortunately for me in the states Viki will not have the license or has an agreement in place to not show the episodes for english subscribers until 6 mos after broadcast which means I will have to wait for 6 mos to see the show with subs.. awful but I can make due with raw until then.

Thanks for making the thread.

This link here has the english sub:http://myasiantv.se/drama/bromance/

Hehe, this drama is great! I got interested in it because I do love gender bend stories (Coffee Prince, Hana Kimi etc....the only one I didn't like was 'You're Beautiful' because I really did not like the male lead....don't kill me!) and I was highly intrigued after I saw Megan Lai in real life at the When I See You Again fan meet...Like a lot of you guys in this forum, I believe she's by far the most convincing gender bend heroine I've seen in my drama-watching life....And although I do like boys, and Jasper Liu is always my No.1 Taiwanese celebrity, I totally have a girl-crush on Megan Lai -___-...it's impressive how she looks beautiful as both a guy and girl.

I do think the story line is, at times, far-fetched and has some storytelling flaws. ie, That dancing scene kiss was a little extreme. If the mum wanted to save face (a very traditional Chinese idea), I don't know how she'd feel about her son dancing with another guy. Also that first scene with Bii and the girl (who I assume will be his love interest)...I felt some of the lines for that was really awkward and out of place. But I don't take my Asian dramas too seriously, it's more like watching an anime or manga. Also, Megan Lai and the main coupling for this is just so cute that I can suspend my belief about everything and enjoy each episode as it unfolds.

I don't know why but part of this message got deleted by accident. I'm thinking about translating the first Bromance fan meet, but also feel like I should take a blogging break soon. So if you're interested in reading them, let me know here. And if I feel like there's enough interest. I'll do them on my blog, as I do love watching Megan Lai and would be happy to do them if I don't have a lot going on in real life.

Since this morning I am refreshing viki for the subs but still no update. :(

That part on the hot spring is like seeing Rui Xi of Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu when she did that funny talking to myself in different tones/voices dialogue! Hihihi :lol: 

Then, being the one who knows her secret Chu Zhe Rui will become like Shin Woo taking care of Ya Nuo in times of needs.  

Guest skeletonworks

I'm not a big fan of Taiwanese drama. The last time I watched was Meteor Garden (which I love immensely), which was 13 years ago!

I saw the title "Bromance" and was instantly intrigued by it. Then I was enthralled by the synopsis. Next I started watching the first episode and now currently hooked! It's so funny! The humour is not so over dramatic like most Taiwanese drama. The actress who plays Ah Nuo also looks like a boy and tall too! It reminds me of Yoon Eunhye in Coffee Prince. She's sooo believable! I thought no one could play a boy as good as Yoon Eunhye. Like Park Shinhye in He's Beautiful or Sulli and To The Beautiful Me or Park Gyuri in Nail Shop Paris - they all don't look like a boy at all!!!

Does this actress who plays Ah Nuo wear a wig?

Can anyone tell me the name of the place where they shot the intro theme? Looks like a mountain or something? It's sooo beautiful. I want to go there one day!

I can't wait to watch episode 2 now!

I'm not a big fan of Taiwanese drama. The last time I watched was Meteor Garden (which I love immensely), which was 13 years ago!

I saw the title "Bromance" and was instantly intrigued by it. Then I was enthralled by the synopsis. Next I started watching the first episode and now currently hooked! It's so funny! The humour is not so over dramatic like most Taiwanese drama. The actress who plays Ah Nuo also looks like a boy and tall too! It reminds me of Yoon Eunhye in Coffee Prince. She's sooo believable! I thought no one could play a boy as good as Yoon Eunhye. Like Park Shinhye in He's Beautiful or Sulli and To The Beautiful Me or Park Gyuri in Nail Shop Paris - they all don't look like a boy at all!!!

Does this actress who plays Ah Nuo wear a wig?

Can anyone tell me the name of the place where they shot the intro theme? Looks like a mountain or something? It's sooo beautiful. I want to go there one day!

I can't wait to watch episode 2 now!

Ep 2 has been out for a while now. :) If you can't understand Taiwanese, it's subbed at Viki. 

This OST has been on repeat all day.:) 

It has seriously been such a long time since I've watched a Taiwanese drama, and that's because there's really nothing that has been interesting me. I think 'Bromance' is such an addictive drama, especially for people who love the gender bender theme. I also agree with all of you and say that Megan Lai actually pulls of the "dude" look so seamlessly! I'm super excited to see how she looks like as a woman, and how people will find out that fact especially ZF. I studied gender studies for a semester at uni, and this drama actually can bring out deep level of discussion about biological sex (the gender you're born with) and gender expression (the gender you portray to the world). I don't think the drama meant to do that but it's interesting to see how being raised in male gender has made her feel uncomfortable expressing any sort of female attribute. It's so interesting to see how the way one is raised in a particular gender affects the individuals identification to a gender. Anyways hopefully episode 3 gets subbed soon because I'm so pumped to see more "bromance" between YN and YF!

Archived