[Drama 2016] Local Hero 동네의 영웅

Seiran029

Neighborhood's Hero 동네의 영웅

tumblr_nyshpgEkC01ucmkkzo2_r1_500.gif

• Drama: Neighborhood's Hero (working & literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Dongneui Youngwoong
  • Hangul: 동네의 영웅
  • Director: Kwak Jung Hwan
  • Writer: Kim Gwan Hoo
  • Network: OCN
  • Episodes: 16 ep
  • Release Date: 2016 --
  • Runtime: 
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Baek Shi-Yoon (Park Si-Hoo) is an ex-secret agent. He is a well-trained human weapon. Hiding his past, he buys the bar "Neighborhood" and runs it is as the owner. He gets close to the neighborhood regulars at his bar and sympathizes with their pain. Baek Shi-Yoon meets a young man who works as a temporary employee. The young wants to become a police officer. Baek Shi-Yoon trains the young man as a secret agent and they fight together against evil.

Notes

1. Filming begins October, 2015
  2. Filming takes place in Macao during mid-October, 2015.

Cast

Drama Posters

0069CDzEgw1eykbd4klddj30tw0gotbx.jpg

Teasers:

Script Reading Stills:

Spoiler

olay.jpg

olay2.jpg

olay1.jpeg

cr: to owner

Official Stills:

Neighborhoods_Hero-0001.jpg

Spoiler

Neighborhoods_Hero-0002.jpg

Neighborhoods_Hero-0003.jpg

Neighborhoods_Hero-0004.jpg

Neighborhoods_Hero-0005.jpg

Neighborhoods_Hero-0006.jpg

cr: to owner

Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

01. Don't post any requests for subs!

02. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

03. Don't quote images.

04. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

05. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

06.  Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

07. Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

08. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Soompi Tv, Viki, Dramafever or Cruncyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

09. please give credit to where credit is due.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Park Shi-hoo to make drama comeback in OCN’s Neighborhood Hero

ParkShiHoo1.jpg

Park Shi-hoo (Alice in Cheongdam-dong) has been cast as the leading man in the latest project from PD Kwak Jung-hwan, of Chuno, Conspiracy in the Court, Runaway Plan B,and Basketball. The spy action drama, called Neighborhood Hero, is being planned for a 2016 broadcast on cable network OCN and Park Shi-hoo has confirmed that he’ll be headlining. It’ll have been three years since his last drama, most of which Park spent out of the limelight following a rape accusation and ensuing media tumult. He has since returned to acting in the movie After Love opposite Yoon Eun-hye, which has been shot but not yet released.

Neighborhood Hero is about a former black-ops agent who lives quietly in a small neighborhood and runs a local bar, who ends up fighting evildoers and becoming the town’s hero. Park Shi-hoo has been cast to play the highly skilled ex-spy, who now runs a bar literally named Neighborhood Bar. He keeps his past hidden, of course, and while serving up drinks to everyone who comes by, he naturally comes to know the ins and outs of his neighbors’ lives and becomes part of their family.

He also takes someone under his wing — a young man who dreams of becoming a police officer — and trains him to be an agent like himself. Together they’ll fight the evil that the town faces, and become neighborhood heroes. They don’t say what this evil entails, so we could be looking at anything from gangster loan sharks, to foreign spies, to the zombie apocalypse (okay, probably not that).

The series, though driven by spy action, promises to really be about family, neighbors, and frank everyday life. It’s sure to be compared to Covertly, Grandly, which had a similar blockbuster-action-meets-small-town-family premise, and was really heartwarming when the neighbors became a makeshift family.

Neighborhood Hero is being planned for 20 episodes, to be broadcast in 2016.

Via Star NewsXports News

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
SNSD’s Yuri, Yoon Tae-young for OCN’s Neighborhood Hero
by girlfriday | September 2, 2015 

KwonYuri_YoonTaeYoung1.jpg
Yuri, Yoon Tae-young

Now that cable network OCN’s new spy action drama Neighborhood Hero has its hero inPark Shi-hoo (Alice in Cheongdam-dong), we’ve got a few more additions to the cast: Girl’s Generation’s Kwon Yuri (No Breathing, Fashion King) is considering an offer to play the heroine, and Yoon Tae-young (Records of a Night Watchman), Jung Man-shik(Good Doctor), and Jo Sung-ha (Hwajeong) have signed on as supporting players.

The new drama from Chuno PD Kwak Jung-hwan centers around a former black-ops agent (Park Shi-hoo) who retires in a small town and runs a neighborhood bar. No one knows about his past, and he helps train a local who wants to become a cop, and finds a family among his neighbors. He’ll eventually save the town, becoming a real neighborhood hero.

Yuri has been offered the part of an aspiring writer, who is among the bar regulars. She stays the longest among the patrons because she uses the bar like it’s her writing office, though she spends more time spying on the locals than she does on her writing. And one day she becomes very curious about one man. I’ll be honest — I find her acting severely lacking for a leading role, because from what I’ve seen, she has very limited experience and not much emotional range. I guess on the upside, I’m not all that invested in this drama.

Yoon Tae-young, on the other hand, is a really strong actor — he played the senior night watchman in the fantasy sageuk Records of a Night Watchman, and managed to be a badass fighter with gravitas in an otherwise silly show. In this drama, he’ll play a Korean-American who grew up in a poor neighborhood and learned taekwondo in order to defend himself in his youth, and eventually grows up to become a mobster.

Jung Man-shik does everything from funny to scary, but this time he’ll play an intelligence agent and team leader who worked with the hero. And Jo Sung-ha has been cast to play a cool-headed detective. I guess you can’t have your vigilante heroes without your cops to give good chase.

Neighborhood Hero starts shooting in September and plans to air early next year.

JungManShik_JoSungHa1.jpg
Jung Man-shik, Jo Sung-ha

Via IS PlusXports NewsTV Report

-- Dramabeans

Park Si Hoo to make his first drama comeback in 3 years through 'Neighborhood Hero' + Son Ho Joon to possibly join

Park-Si-Hoo-son-ho-joon_1440690915_af_or

OCN's upcoming drama 'Neighborhood Hero' has confirmed Park Si Hoo as the main character and announced its official kick-off! 

Park Si Hoo will be playing the role of former secret agent Baek Shi Yoon. Producer Shin Dae Shik, who is in charged of the drama, relayed, "Neighborhood Hero's revolves around the spy theme but in the end it is about family and neighbors' genuine 'life.' It will be a drama that contains relatable situations that can happen all around us. Park Si Hoo was cast as Baek Shi Yoon because we thought he would conform well to the role. [The drama] will show the progress of [Baek Shi Yoon] transforming into the neighborhood hero with intrigue and sincerity." 

Meanwhile, Son Ho Joon has received an offer for a role in the drama but he has only examined the offer without giving any final answer. 

The drama will start filming this coming September and will air early next year. 

-- Allkpop

Park Shi Hoo to Return with New OCN Drama

park-shi-hoo-800x450.png

Actor Park Shi Hoo has been confirmed as the male lead of the upcomingOCN drama, “Town’s Hero” (working title).

“Town’s Hero” is the latest project from director Kwak Jung Hwan, who is known for his well-received dramas like “Chuno,” “Conspiracy in the Court,”and “Basketball.” It will tell the story of a former secret agent who starts grooming a cop-wannabe youth into a secret agent. Park Shi Hoo will portray ex-secret agent Baek Shi Yoon, who runs a small bar after retiring from secret services.

The drama will go into productions this September, and it will premiere early next year.

Source: (1)

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri in Talks to Star Alongside Park Shi Hoo in OCN Drama

Girls-Generation-Lion-heart-2nd-set-yuri

Girls’ Generation‘s Yuri may be gracing the small screen with an OCN drama called “Neighborhood Hero” (tentative title).

Actor Park Shi Hoo has also been cast in the lead role for this drama, helmed by director Kwak Jung Hwan, who is known for his leadership in “Chuno,” “Conspiracy in the Court,”and “Basketball.” “Neighborhood Hero” is described as a spy drama in which a former secret agent trains a cop-wannabe youth into a secret agent.

Yuri is in negotiations to play the role of Bae Jung Yeon, an aspiring writer.

Production for this drama will begin this September, and it will premiere early next year.

Source (1)

-- Soompi

Park Shi Hoo Confirmed as the Male Lead of PD Kwak Jung Hwan’s OCN Drama Neighborhood Hero

meko1.jpg

This is interesting news regardless of whether ones likes or dislikes Park Shi Hoo. It confirms that his comeback time has arrived, and checking the calendar indicates that three years seems to be the time a disgraced star gets a second chance in K-ent. Park Shi Hoo will be the male lead of upcoming cable network OCN‘s vigilante drama Neighborhood Hero. Downtrodden heroes is a familiar subject matter for PD Kwak Jung Hwan, who is helming this drama almost two years since his last drama Basketball for tvN. PD Kwak’s Basketball was an abysmal failure in terms of ratings and critical panning but he’s still in my good graces thanks to Chuno (The Slave Hunters) and underrated sageuk masterpiece Conspiracy in the Court. Neighborhood Hero will complete casting soon and start filming with an eye towards an October 2015 premiere.

meko.jpg

In Neighborhood Hero, Park Shi Hoo plays the male lead who is a former highly trained secret agent. He’s since retired to run a little shop in a small neighborhood and hears about the crimes going on that isn’t being addressed by official law enforcement. He ends up crossing paths with a youngster who dreams of becoming a crime fighter so he trains the young man in his all agent skills and sends him out to fight crime in the neighborhood. Park Shi Hoo’s comeback will likely stick this time, last year he tried to star in Golden Cross but had to bow out because the public fervor was so strong against him still. This year the response seems more muted, and with the drama airing on cable it’s the audience choice whether to watch him or not. It’s a smart role choice for him, choosing a non-romance driven drama and role to further distance himself from the rape allegations scandal of three years ago which tarnished his image and left many seeing him as a sleazy smarmy actor.

-- Koala's Playground

@Seiran029,   Thank you for starting the thr:ead and for all the material you provided.  This drama looks good, and it has fabulous cast.

Waving hi to @valsava   c0119.gif

If you want to see this drama subbed:

Viki already has a potential page for this drama

https://www.viki.com/tv/28880c-neighborhood-hero

May I suggest that everyone including lurkers, please click to follow the channel, and also submit a title request form for

Neighborhood Hero - 동네 영웅

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Wow! I can't believe someone made this thread this early. The show will be airing in 2016 but I'm already excited for this one! Hehe.

I just love Lee Soo Hyuk from Scholar Who Walks the Night, Valid Love and High School Savvy King. 

And Park Shi Hoo, as an actor, is just ok with me. 

I don't care if he doesn't have a good reputation in Korea anymore. I'm still watching this!

I'm crossing fingers that Yuri will play well. I love their songs but I have yet to see her act. (first time I'll be seeing her in a drama... I haven't seen Fashion King but I hope she challenges herself and goes beyond public expectation in this one)

LEE SOO HYUK JOINS ‘NEIGHBORHOOD’S HERO’

josungha_parkshihoo_leesoohyuk

The cast is filling out for the OCN drama Neighborhood’s Hero, starring Park Shi Hooand Yuri. Recently, Lee Soo Hyuk (The Scholar Who Walks the Night) has joined the cast as well – as the aspiring cop who trains under Park Shi Hoo’s wings. This should be very interesting…

Read more HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neighborhood Hero with Park Shi Hoo, Yuri, and Lee Soo Hyuk Starts Filming

olay.jpg

Read article HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Neighborhood's Hero Filming Updates

I'm reposting this from the Lee Soo Hyuk Threads :D

151006 Lee Soo Hyuk IG Updates 

tumblr_nvswxrbTXU1qex9y1o1_500.jpg

Mr. P - “동네의영웅"첫촬영 2015. 10. 6.  ‘최 찬 규’

Translation: Mr. P - "Neighborhood's Hero" first filming day 2015.10.6. ' Choi Chan Gyoo 

Pic Re-upload. Seems like he deleted this photo from his IG  :vicx:

Seems like they're already starting to shoot for Neighborhood Hero...

-동네의 영웅- '최찬규' aka 짠규 

Translation:  Neighborhood's Hero - Choi Chan Gyoo aka Jjangyu

그러니까말좀예쁘게해 

Translation:  So please speak nicely

Fancam Updates  

tumblr_nvsxasj6sx1qex9y1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvsxasj6sx1qex9y1o2_400.jpg

tumblr_nvsxasj6sx1qex9y1o3_400.jpg 

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o1_400.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o2_400.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o3_540.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o5_400.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o6_400.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o4_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o7_400.jpg

tumblr_nvuudq0OW71qex9y1o8_400.jpg

tumblr_nvw0bmTFxQ1uv7fjyo2_540.jpg

tumblr_nvw0bmTFxQ1uv7fjyo1_400.jpg

tumblr_nvw0bmTFxQ1uv7fjyo5_400.jpg

tumblr_nvw0bmTFxQ1uv7fjyo4_400.jpg

tumblr_nvw0bmTFxQ1uv7fjyo3_400.jpg

tumblr_nvvzzuYz2e1uv7fjyo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nvvzzuYz2e1uv7fjyo2_500.jpg

Cr: onesoohyukpls, soo-hyuk-syndrome

wow.. so many updates.. It is happening!

He's Back @irilight,  Yes My PHS Is Back Loved Him In Family Honor Oh How I Missed Him So Much.. 

Also Is LSH Cast In This Drama To He Was Awesome In SWWTN As Gwi.. If PSH Has Singed The Contract And All System A Go I'm Here To The End

@valsava, yes, he is back and with a tour de Force of cast members, and wonderful cable channel.

@NestleKIMY, thank you for the Arirang video. Good to know that the film will be release this year too..!  And thank you for all the Lee Soo-Hyuk filming updates. So nice to see him back in the sunshine  ;)

Waving hi and welcome to all new friends on this thread.  wave-smiley.gif

Actress Choi Yoon-So has been added to the cast.

Choi_Yoon-So-p1.jpg

Choi Yoon-so (Sang-ye in Twenty Again) is gearing up for a role in OCN’s Neighborhood Hero by attending action school. She’s been cast as a beautiful and talented secret agent; the best on her team. Her character is more than just a hoobae to former black-ops agent Park Shi-hoo (Alice in Cheongdam-dong), and they’ve become quite close. Neighborhood Hero airs in the beginning of 2016. [My Daily]

Source

**Note: I used a different photo than the one in the article, since I wanted a photo of her alone.

Archived