William Chan and Charlene Choi announce the end of their five year relationship

sugarplum892

William Chan and Charlene Choi announce the end of their five year relationship

Source: on.cc
Translated by: Chloe.C

charlene.jpg

Ever since Charlene Choi and William Chan went public with their relationship, the lives of the two were always in the spotlight. In the beginning, the relationship was not widely supported because "the woman was above the man" (as Charlene's career was much more successful). However, ever since William Chan started to develop his career in Mainland China, his popularity shot up sky high after the ancient drama "Swords of Legend". The voices from outsiders immediately changed and felt that William's popularity has even went above Charlene's. In addition to being apart all the time, rumours of the two breaking up were often reported, but the couple had always denied it. 

Last night after midnight, William Chan and Charlene Choi both posted a paragraph on Weibo, confessing about the two's relationship. In the end, they expressed that they have mutually decided to break up harmoniously, and hope that everyone can give them enough space to live their lives and work; officially announcing the end of their 5 year relationship.

Their announcement read: "Every artist hopes that their hard work can be recognized, but often, the spotlight ends up being focused on our love lives. We can only tell ourselves that we knew what we would be getting into, entering this industry. However, as time passes, these things slowly becomes a type of pressure. When we want to explain, we also feel there is no need to explain. We want to retort, but we also don't want to stir things up and create a new story, but keeping silent also only hurts ourselves and we get accused for misunderstandings. We've tried to hold on and fight the challenge we were given, but we can only blame our hearts for not being as strong as its appearance, nor was our love as strong as we thought it was. So we have decided to separate in the most harmonious way, and we give the sincerest blessings to one another to continue heading towards our dreams, and at the same time, letting this relationship end with the most beautiful memories. We plead that everyone stop the hurting, stop the concern outside of our work, and stop the never-ending guesses and hatred. Please give us the space to work and live happily, and to feel the greatness this world brings us."

After the announcement was posted, in a very short time, ten thousands of people had already seen it. Most fans left messages expressing what a shame it is. A fan said that both are so popular, they should use their time while they are still young to work hard, so maybe separating is a good thing. However, there were also a small amount of people that felt differently, saying they didn't support this couple from the beginning, and should have broken up long ago. There were also fans that said from when they announced their relationship to the break up now, the two rarely showed off any affection for each other. Being in a such a hard relationship, might as well separate early. Some also accused William Chan of wanting to break up after getting famous, and felt bad for Charlene.

Charlene Choi lacks of energy while rehearsing for dance and her eyes is red

charlene.jpg

charlene1.jpg

Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍) and William Chan (陳偉霆) ended their 5 years relationship suddenly and Charlene returned to Hong Kong to handle the mess on 20 September. Charlene had zero smiles throughout the event yesterday and her eyes was red upon mentioning about the change in her relationship. Before the announcement of their separation, William did not talk about Charlene at all during the interview in Mainland China and deny about falling in love with Zanilia Zhao (趙麗穎). He also disclosed his mood was at the bottom and at a lost of direction before.

Last afternoon, Twins group was rehearsing for TVB charity programme in San Po Kong and it was her first reply to the separation news in Hong Kong and this attracted hundred of reporters. It was obvious Charlene was less skinny than before, had zero smile throughout the rehearsal and lacked of energy when dancing. Her eyes appeared red during the interview as well.

When asked about rehearsing for dance in poor condition, Charlene replied it was due to the pressure from the reporters. Pointing she had zero smile throughout the rehearsal, Charlene immediately smiled. But when the reporters pointed she forced a smile, Charlene said: "Nope and thank you for your concern. I will not let this issue to affect my work. (How long is the break-up?) Cannot disclose it and we have posted separation message. We established consensus and please do not have groundless speculations." Asking about the source of pressure such as fans support was the reason for break-up, Charlene said: "It comes from everywhere and what makes me sad is the fans attack each other. I do not mind if they attack me but not the opposite party. (Break-up due to seeing each other less?) Yes! We are busy and need time to manage stress and this is most comfortable."

No third party involvement

Asking if the break-up involved third party, Charlene defended William and said: "No third party from beginning to the end. Definitely nope and I know his character. (William's high popularity in Mainland China is a problem?) He is not such person and we know each other for many years. We are still friends although not a couple anymore and I know him very well. (A pity to break-up?) Let nature take its course and decide by the god."

Charlene rejected to reply about maintaining contact after the break-up: "We are friends. That's it! (Continue underground relationship if dating next time?) Let nature take its course. (Any suitors now?) I am extremely busy. (Separation news is used as promotion tactic?) Every artiste does not reply on this method and it will be the best promotion if you do not talk about it." Gillian Chung (鍾欣潼) was standing beside Charlene and expressed she accompanied her all long but will not disclose the details.

Returned from Suzhou to Hong Kong

Charlene has been working since the separation news was announced and she returned to Hong Kong from Shenzhen after completing the performance in Suzhou 2 nights ago. Around 11pm, many reporters dashed to Charlene when she appeared at Shenzhen airport with her assistant. It was in chaos and the staff had to protect Charlene to make way. When the reporters asked about her mood and the reason for break-up, Charlene said: "I have said whatever is needed and thank you. After boarding the vehicle with the staff, many people took photos of her and her eyes appeared wet, and they headed to the apartment in Kowloon Tong thereafter.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Charlene Choi was expressionless and did not say a single word in the car

charlene.jpg

charlene1.jpg

Around 3.15pm, Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍) left her apartment and boarded the vehicle with her assistant. Apparently, Charlene wore black shades, was expressionless and did not say a single word in the car, and headed to San Po Kong for dance rehearsal for charity programme. Charlene started to smile upon reaching and went upstairs without answering any questions from the reporters.

Separate line between William Chan and Charlene Choi is draw up long ago?

news1.jpg

Ever since the announcement of the break-up between William Chan (陳偉霆) and Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍), William continues to work in Mainland China and has not return to Hong Kong. It was rumoured the cause of the separation was William fell in love with artiste Zanilia Zhao (趙麗穎) during the filming of The Legend of Zu (蜀山戰紀之劍俠傳奇) drama and the separation news was used as promotion tactic for the drama. However, William and Zanilia had not responded and established rapport to promote the series on the Internet.

Pressure was the cause of break-up

In fact before the announcement of their separation, William accepted an interview in Mainland and appeared to leak out the break-up news. At that point when asked about the relationship status with Charlene, he did not speak at all and let the staff answer on his behalf. But when mentioned about the effects after his popularity rose based on Swords of Legends (古劍奇譚) drama, William suffered tremendous pressure which was one of the reasons for break-up. William confessed that his responsibility was greater after seeing his fans and he had a hectic work schedule. His mood was also at the bottom when filming The Legend of Zu drama earlier, as William lost his direction and missed his home. Hence, he was often sick and the thought of continuing to film series kept crossing his mind, and stayed in hotel frequently. He added he wished to stay in Beijing for long term so as to buy property and bring his family over. William disclosed after the broadcasting of Sword of Legends drama, he was shocked at big group of fans waiting for him at the airport when going to work in Shanghai alone. Thus, he stayed in the toilet for 30 minutes and there was no assistant to accompany him. Eventually, William called the company to request for assistant as he could not get out from the airport.

Holding hands in hands to practise the scene

When asking about holding hands with Zanilia Zhao while reading the script, William said agitatedly: "What can I explain? This is due to the doings from all media." He explained holding hands was to practise the scene and hundred of media were there to see them rehearse. Next, asking about kissing passionately with Zanilia for 3 hours, William replied their mouths were numb even before kissing due to freezing weather. Plus they needed to undress and the scene took 3 hours to film.

sometimes i honestly hope that they stop playing the light on third party from the media, even before zly enter the scenes, there were already trouble in the horizon in between william and charlene so i think it is not fair for the media to put zly in a spot

Exactly my thoughts.  There were already rumors saying they were on the verge of breaking up before zhao li ying.

I feel like Charlene and Gill always play the "innocent" victim role in all their news, scandals etc.

sometimes i honestly hope that they stop playing the light on third party from the media, even before zly enter the scenes, there were already trouble in the horizon in between william and charlene so i think it is not fair for the media to put zly in a spot

Exactly my thoughts.  There were already rumors saying they were on the verge of breaking up before zhao li ying.

Hidden Content

hmmm....they play the innocent card too long, though i gotta admit i used to like charlene but she had started to pale it off though im not totally oppose to her as yet lols

I know....they're not innocent at all considering their scandals they've had before....

Archived