Tony Hung
Grace Chan
Maggie Shiu
Mandy Wong
Joel Chan
Elaine Yiu
Kelly Fu

Synopsis

During a high-speed motorboat chase with a criminal, Cheung Chau police officer Wong Tai-mui gets herself trapped in a waterspout, accidentally opening a time portal. She travels back 200 years to 19th century Hong Kong, a time when the island was under Qing rule. She encounters a family of Canton pirates, led by Cheng Yat, his wife Shek Giu, and their adopted son Cheung Po Tsai. Using her knowledge of the future, which she keeps in a smartphone, she saves the pirates from a deadly naval battle against the Qing naval fleet led by Prince Man-ho, the eleventh son of the Jiaqing Emperor. Puzzled by her mysterious origins, Cheng Yat and Shek Giu remain wary of Tai-mui and are hesitant in trusting her.

At Beijing's Imperial Palace, Imperial Consort Yim and Imperial Consort Shun manipulate Man-ho to get themselves into a position of higher power. Jaded from politics and family feud, Man-ho decides to let go of his ambition for the crown and flees the palace.

On the day the tiangou covers the sun, another waterspout appears over the Canton sea. Cheung Po Tsai helps Tai-mui open the time portal so she can return to 21st century Hong Kong, but in doing so he also falls into the portal, travelling to the future with her.

Preview

OSTs

Fred Cheng - Sail

Ruco Chan - The Next Century

Linda Chung - A Heart That Doesn't Change

Additional Links

Captain of Destiny 張保仔 Official Website

Tony Hung denied about sour friendship with Ruco Chan: We maintain contact

news1.jpg

Artiste Tony Hung (洪永城) and Natelie Tong's (唐詩詠) 'sister', Helen To (杜如風) attended an event together. When mentioned about Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) was unhappy about Tony had more scenes in Captain of Destiny (張保仔) series, Tony said: "We did not purposely add the scenes and made any adjustments. (Are you friends?) Okay and we laugh during the chatting. (He stands another side while taking group photo during another event?) He is filming Heroes of the Walled City (城寨英雄) series now. Perhaps he is too focused and keeps fighting whole day, and this makes him appear cool."

Mentioning about the report relating to him 'apple polishing' the senior management and the film producer visited him during the filming, Tony said: "We laugh while chatting and it is normal to show concern for colleagues. The film producer visits other filming team too." When asked about creating laughters at the scene and Ruco told him ' this was not a playground', Tony said: "I think I hear him say it before but he always says about treating to supper. (Affect the friendship?) Nope, we maintain contact. (He is more serious?) He is my senior and we need to be serious when working. I need to seek his guidance in acting skills."

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Captain of Destiny series achieves highest ratings of 27 pts when Tony Hung appears at the end for 2 seconds?

news2.jpg

news3.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Grace Chan, Tony Hung)

Artiste Tony Hung (洪永城) and Grace Chan (陳凱琳) accepted the interview from Metro (新城) and helped to promote the new series, Captain of Destiny (張保仔). When mentioned about the first episode achieved 25 pts rating and Tony only appeared at the end of the episode for 2 seconds, he said: "I know the average rating is 25 pts and I hear the highest is 27 pts when I appear at the end for 2 seconds." Asking if Grace had difficulty to shoot gun scene, Grace said: "Yes as I am skinny and the equipments are heavy, but it is considered a training to me. (Does your boyfriend, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) feel heart pain?) He has not watch it yet. The other night, I returned from filming at 3am and my dad is still awake and he asked me to watch it together with him. My dad then leaned towards my shoulder and seemed to agree that I had a hard time. I feel he is very sweet!"

Tony was standing beside Grace and agreed that she had a hard time to film this series. When asking about Tony and Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) had disputes, unsatisfied he became male lead quickly and won Natalie Tong's (唐詩詠) heart successfully, Tony said: "Dispute? Nope and I treat him as brother and friend. There is no major problem and we try to learn things upon joining the company. The company gives me many opportunity and has many good artistes. Earlier, Raymond Wong (黃浩然) was the original male lead but he fell sick and I become the replacement. Thus, I treat it as a gift. (What about Natalie Tong?) He should think about it by himself. (Not afraid of saying Ruco in this way?) Nope and he needs to think it by himself." Grace said: "He is joking and please do not treat it seriously."

• 2 weeks later...

Source: Wacow 
Translated by: Chloe.C 

TVB Ratings Report (09/21/2015 - 09/27/2015)

Dramas
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EPS 1-5) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Every Step You Take - 陪著你走 (EPS 16-20 END) - 22 PTS

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 860-864) - 20 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EP 6) - 15 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Variety Shows
Health is a Lifestyle - 活得健康嗎? - 19 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS

Gala Spectacular - 星光熠熠耀保良 - 17 PTS

Sunday Songbird - SUNDAY靚聲王 - 15 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist 3 - 學是學非 III - 14 PTS

Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇李 - 13 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

*Note: Last week was the weekend of Mid-Autumn Festival; therefore weekend ratings were affected

Find out what is the average ratings for Captain of Destiny series

news2.jpg

Last week, the Captain of Destiny (張保仔) series had an average rating of 25 pts which was better than 2 weeks ago. Compared to 2 Sundays ago, the ratings for last Sunday was higher by 9 pts.

In addition, the average rating for Under the Veil (無雙譜) series was 23 pts last week. As for TVB 48th Anniversary Light Switching Ceremony (迎挑戰 齊向前 TVB 48年) programme, the average rating was at 18 pts and the highest was at 20 pts.

Find out why Yeung Chiu Hoi does not agree Ruco Chan is cool

ruco.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Yeung Chiu Hoi, Ruco Chan)

In Captain of Destiny (張保仔) series, TVB artiste Yeung Chiu Hoi (楊潮凱) acted as 13th price and Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) acted as 11th price and they had to film many scenes together. When mentioned Ruco was extremely cool, Chiu Hoi did not agree and reveal Ruco had his childish side: "We cooperate together before many years ago and have our own expectations. We will prepare ourselves first and happy to create new chemistry. Of course, I have to seek his guidance and he is a good brother. The public always say he is cool but is a fun person actually. Perhaps he wants to look cool in front of the camera but he has his childish and friendly side. He knows how to work hard and play hard."

TVB Ratings Report (09/28/2015 - 10/4/2015)

Dramas
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EPS 7-11) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Under the Veil - 無雙譜 (EPS 1-5) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 865-868) - 21 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EP 12) - 24 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Specials
China National Day Fireworks - 維港煙花賀國慶 - 29 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)

TVB 48th Anniversary Lighting Ceremony - 迎挑戰 齊向前 TVB48年 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 20 PTS)

Twins Special - 回味. Twins - 15 PTS

Variety Shows
Sunday Songbird - SUNDAY靚聲王 - 24 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist 3 - 學是學非 III - 22 PTS

Eating Well with Madam Wong 2 - 吾淑吾食 - 21 PTS

Health is a Lifestyle - 活得健康嗎? - 20 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

TVB Ratings Report (10/5/2015 - 10/11/2015)

Dramas
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EPS 13-17) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Under the Veil - 無雙譜 (EPS 6-10) - 24 PTS

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 869-873) - 22 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EP 18) - 23 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Specials
Yan Oi Tong Charity Show 2015 - 善心滿載仁愛堂 - 16 PTS

Variety Shows
Sunday Songbird - SUNDAY靚聲王 - 22 PTS

Big Big World 2 - 世界零距離 II - 21 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)

Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS

Wanna Bros - 娛樂3兄弟 - 17 PTS

Midnight Munchies 3 - 夜宵磨 - 12 PTS

Kevin Cheng has some conflicts with the reporters? Grace Chan: He wants to have some privacy

grace.jpg

grace1.jpg

grace2.jpg

Two days ago, Grace Chan (陳凱琳), Tony Hung (洪永城), Mandy Wong (黃智雯) and the others went to a high school to promote the series, Captain of Destiny (張保仔). When talked about earlier, Grace and her boyfriend, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) were dating on the street and something sudden happened between Kevin and the reporter, Grace said: "I am there at that time. We have asked the reporter to give us some space but they refuse. Therefore, there is little conflict but nothing major. I think we should respect each other. (Will ask your boyfriend to cool down?) He has his own ways to manage. No problem and I hope they will not take photos next time and the opposite party will respect him." Grace added she was not frightened as she knew her boyfriend wanted to have privacy only.

Asking if she will be worried when rumours of sexy woman appeared beside Kevin in Mainland China, Grace laughed and said: "Not worried and I am curious about her identity. (Call your boyfriend to keep a distance?) No need as we trust each other."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

Netizens hot topic: Looks and actings skills comparison between Ruco Chan and Tony Hung

news1.jpg

Earlier, Ms ex-Hong Kong, Grace Chan's (陳凱琳) acting was commented as exaggerating by the netizens and criticised as poor by veteran, Anthony Wong (黃秋生) in Captain of Destiny (張保仔) series. This becomes the highlight of the series as a result. However this time, the netizens opened post and placed the attention between Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and Tony Hung (洪永城) such as looks and acting skills for comparison. Not too long ago, it was rumoured Tony joining TVB staggered Ruco's development and became his greatest competitor. Based on the voting results, many netizens strongly sided with Ruco who won by 320 votes eventually.

In terms of appearance, Ruco gains advantages such as tall and muscular body figure. Although both styles are different, but many audiences choose Ruco as their choice and said: "Please do not play! It is not that we dislike Tony and he is quite cute but how can he win Ruco!" Some netizens rebutted: "It is a drastic difference when Ruco wears spectacles!" As for Tony, he has his loyal fans supporting and praising for his good talking skills and smiling charm. Hence, everyone has his/her own perspective of the definition of dashing man.

In terms of acting skills, most audiences feel Ruco's acting skills is way better than newcomer, Tony. Some netizens remark that the Captain of Destiny series comes back to life due to Ruco: "Tony is satisfactory in terms of newcomer standard but some distance away when compared to Ruco. In some discussions, many comment Ruco saves the series and it is obvious he stands heavy weight in audiences' heart."

TVB Ratings Report (10/12/2015 - 10/18/2015)

Dramas
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EPS 19-23) - 25 PTS *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Under the Veil - 無雙譜 (EPS 11-15) - 24 PTS

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 874-878) - 21 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EP 25) - 22 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EP 24) - 21 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Variety Shows
Sunday Songbird - SUNDAY靚聲王 - 24 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)

Big Big World 2 - 世界零距離 II - 23 PTS

Eating Well with Madam Wong II - 吾淑吾食 - 20 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist 3 - 學是學非 III - 19 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Midnight Munchies 3 - 夜宵磨 - 15 PTS

Wanna Bros - 娛樂3兄弟 - 11 PTS

Captain of Destiny series: Appearance of Raymond Wong becomes the highest ratings point

news1.jpg

TVB series, Captain of Destiny (張保仔) receives good ratings record. The film producer, Leung Choi Yuen (梁材遠) accepted the interview from ON.CC (東網) and when asked if he had confidence that the series will win Best Drama Serial (最佳劇集) award during TVB Anniversary Awards after winning My Favourite TVB Drama (最佳劇集) during Starhub TVB Awards 2015 (星和無綫電視大獎2015) in Singapore, he replied he wished to but the opponents such as the current broadcasting of Lord of Shanghai (梟雄) series were very strong."

Asking if there will be any sequel to Captain of Destiny series, Choi Yuen expressed the cast members asked him before: "They hope to but it depends if the company is willing to invest." When mentioned about the appearance of Raymond Wong (黃浩然) became the highest ratings pt during the finale, Choi Yuen disclosed they did film it again and said: "We must return a position to Raymond and he is a good helper and immediately filmed that scene once recovered."

TVB Ratings Report (10/19/2015 - 10/25/2015)

Dramas
Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EPS 26-30) - 26 PTS *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Under the Veil - 無雙譜 (EPS 16-20 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking 29 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 879-884) - 22 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
Captain of Destiny FINALE - 張保仔 結局篇 (EP 32 END) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS) *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Captain of Destiny - 張保仔 (EP 31) - 21 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Variety Shows
Sunday Songbird - SUNDAY靚聲王 - 24 PTS

Taipei on a Tray - 覓食台北 - 20 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Chef in my Bedroom - 閨密教煮 - 16 PTS

Wanna Bros - 娛樂3兄弟 - 16 PTS

Midnight Munchies 3 - 夜宵磨 - 12 PTS

Archived