[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] 传奇大亨 | The Legendary Tycoon

-jade-

@macaronsandsakurateaOMGosh! It's true! I'm so happy for uri princess. Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea it had made news yesterday/today :crazy:;) Chugai! AhnGoo :)  Wishing you AhnGoo the best! Hoping TLT will also do very well for you GHS.  So that 'Love+Work' Are Off To A Good Start This Monkey Year!

Spoiler

When I read about Ahn's state of mind - ready for romance and fam, and his swoon opinions on GHS - during BLOOD, I was thinking (hoping maybe) they might 'make it' and now one over year later, they confirmed it! Looks like they have felt mutual good feelings right in the middle of filming and became a couple after it has wrapped up. It was so obvious that Ahn was smittened by her back then. LOL. So glad he was brave enough to listen to his heart, and so is she. Wow! A power couple in the making! Awww....they look so happy togethre :) 

20160311081114_lhj_8263.jpg

PS: Now I'm greedy, will it be DOUBLE 'Monkey Year' HAPPINESS in that SoGong will come true too? *hope springs eternal*

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cheerkoo said:

Any news on when it might start to air?

Miss GHS!!!

Hello @cheerkoo  I've been wondering too. There has been no new news on TLT. I've just checked the broadcast schedule and it is still only stating '2016'. I've also checked the production company Huace's weibo and nothing new on TLT has been reported. However, the latest cnews in early June did state that post-production work is in its last leg. I guess it will air in Q4 of the year.  Hang in there sis, and all GHS fans too:)

Btw, Huace did notice GHS' wedding on 521 and here's (one of several of) their positive comment on AhnGoo Couple in Huace's official weibo:

Translation:

#GHS/AJH Marriage# #GHS/TLT# Once again with our blessings! Goddess GHS and AJH oppa are really good role models filled with positive energy! They've saved their expenses meant for their wedding and donated them to a children's hospital instead. Their kind and generous act deserves everyone's compliments! 

Spoiler

p4tH17g.png

Spoiler

i61wt4b.png

CR: As tagged via Huace Weibo

Indeed!. Fighting AhnGoo Couple. We wish you both a Happy Ever After Filled with Love and Positivity :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

Good News!

Did you hear about TLT being selected to be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in the fall?

If any of you are able to understand Chinese, perhaps you can take a look? GHS's thread has a google translation posted.

Fighting TLT!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all...just an update:) 

Unfortunately, GHS and TLT are not spared from the (alleged) political rift that's happening at the moment, and which has already affected many K-Ent entities and celebs with a ban that has been put in place since Aug this year. GHS is also one of the artistes banned. Hence, TLT will be delayed further. I'm sure many of you have already read/known about it. If not, here's an article LINK, and also a YT news coverage about Ban and THAAD.

THAAD, what's that? Watch on to find out.

Anyway, for now, no news on when TLT will be aired. Incidentally, Saimdang by Lee Young Ae has been similarly affected and has been postponed from this Oct to next Jan(tentative). So, we prob have to wait till next year for TLT as well. 

M/W, here's the synopsis translated from C-media Wikipedia:

SYNOPSIS (Translated From Zh.Wikipedia - updated on 10-04-2016):

In the Big Shanghai period during 1930s, four Gu brothers joined hands and entered the Film & TV industry. The youngest brother, Gu Yan Jiu, for the sake of his brother's career, followed his third brother to Singapore to open up the Nanyang(South Pacific) Film market. From then on, he was destined to be inseparable from the Film industry. The timing coincided with World War II and things happened rapidly. The Gu brothers moved their production base to Hong Kong. After the war, there were many things waiting to be done. The Gu brothers entrusted the Hong Kong production base to Gu Yan Mei.

Times have changed. Faced with a changed film market, Gu Yan Mei who has since the beginning considered viewers as his motivation in creating films, established the Gu Brothers Film Company, becoming the first in Hong Kong. Not only did it bring sparkle to the Hong Kong film industry, it also became top in the Asian film industry for a period of time. His reputation grew and he became 'The Chinese Film Tycoon'. 

Over the years, due to his passion for charity and enthusiasm for public welfare, Gu Yan Mei became the world's acknowledged big philanthropist.

(Src: C-media Wikipedia / Translation by jadecloud)

Also, here's one of many articles about TLT being selected for showcase at The Cannes Film Festival:

Spoiler

ynIJQXO.png

CR: ARTICLE LINK

Translation - Gist of Excerpt:

CHINA NEWS:

'The Legendary Tycoon' Selected For Showcase at Cannes. Sir Run Run Shaw, The Exemplar Of The Story.

From Paragraph 2:

The Legendary Tycoon is based on Sir Run Run Shaw as the exemplar (of Asian entertainment). It depicts the story of a man's pursuit of his dream in the film business, and the struggles in his legendary life. 

From Paragraph 3:

According to introductory reports, The Legendary Tycoon has attracted the interests of Cannes Film Festival mainly due to its theme, content and the depth(texture) of its production. Per relevant sources, Sir Run Run Shaw was very well-known overseas, and hence adopting his life story as the theme for The Legendary Tycoon was a good initiative well-started. In addition, overseas fans love to watch dramas with a clear plot outline, that has a good and tight pacing, where the characters have a rich sense of the time period, and where the drama has a good historical feel, The Legendary Tycoon contained all of these factors. Besides the showcase in Cannes Film Festival, The Legendary Tycoon will also be featured on the official Cannes Film Festival website, in its preview magazine, its promotional literature. as well as its official news coverage section.

WafBI6b.png

CR: http://www.festival-cannes.com/en

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/12/2016 at 10:37 PM, cheerkoo said:

Any news about when TLT may air?

I thought we may get to see it in July, 2016....???

:sweatingbullets::tears:

Hi Everyone!

The Legendary Tycoon is now aring with the first episode broadcast in China today, Oct. 9, 2017. Luckily, Viki has gotten the liscense so we have subs! Here is the link to the drama page on Viki:

https://www.viki.com/tv/35638c-the-legendary-tycoon

Unfortunately, there is bad news for the Gu Hye Sun fans. Due to the Hallyu ban in China, all scenes with Gu Hye Sun were edited out/removed. She was replaced by Chinese actress Jia Qing and scenes were refilmed with this new actress. According to this article, the series was also re-edited to put more emphasis on the other 2 leading ladies so as to reduce importance/screen time for  the Hu Bi Yu character.
http://www.dramapanda.com/2017/08/why-zhang-hans-dramas-are-on-lockdown.html
Here's another article about the situation
https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2017/09/zhang-hans-the-legendary-tycoon-to-air-with-song-yi-as-leading-lady.html

I too feel really bad for Gu Hye Sun. I guess we can only hope that she got lots of exposure at the Legendary Tycoon screening at MIPCOM 2016 festival .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] 传奇大亨 | The Legendary Tycoon

Archived