Title: 뱀파이어 탐정 / Vampire Detective
Chinese Title: 吸血鬼偵探
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery
Episodes: 12
Broadcast period: 2016-March-27 to 2016-June-12
Air time: Sunday 23:00

Official Streaming Link : Brought to you by Supernatural Minions via Viki

About the Show

Private detective, Yoon San (Lee Joon) suddenly becomes a vampire. He solves various cases for his clients while also trying to uncover the mystery surrounding himself. (Hancinema)

What would you do after discovering something shocking about yourself? Yoon San (Lee Joon) is a former police detective who became a private investigator after being injured in the line of duty. With his partner, Yong Goo Hyung (Oh Jung Se), and employee Han Gyeo Wool (Lee Se Young), San finds himself in the most unusual, dangerous or comical situations as he carries out the requests of his clients. But when San makes the shocking discovery one day that he is a vampire, his entire world turns upside down. Can he continue to serve the needs of his clients while also trying to unravel the mystery of his own surreal dilemma? “Vampire Detective” is a 2016 South Korean drama series directed by Kim Ga Ram. The series is produced by Lee Seung Hoon, who also produced “Vampire Prosecutor” (2011-2012) and “Vampire Prosecutor 2” (2012-2013). (Viki)

Cast of Characters

Main Cast
Lee Joon as Yoon San
Oh Jung Se as Yong Goo Hyung
Lee Se Young as Han Gyeo Wool

Supporting Cast
Lee Chung Ah as Yo Na
Jo Bok Rae as Kang Tae Woo
Kim Yoon Hye as Jung Yoo Jin
Ahn Se Ha as Park Hyung Sa
Kim Ki Moo as Doctor Hwang
Jei as Se Ra
Han Soo Yun

Production 

Director: Kim Ga Ram (Debut)
Screenwriter: Yoo Young Sun (The Wicked)

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Joon becomes vampire private eye for OCN

by girlfriday | September 17, 2015 | 8 Comments

LeeJoon2.jpg

Okay, I feel like this is OCN’s answer to the demand for another season of Vampire Prosecutor — they’re not giving us a Season 3 (why not, Yeon Jung-hoon, why noooooooot?), and instead they’re doing a new vampire show… that sounds a lot like the old vampire show. It’s called Vampire Detective, and this time our hero will be a private eye who gets hired to crack cases for clients. Lee Joon (Heard It Through the Grapevine) has been confirmed for the leading role, along with supporting cast Oh Jung-se (The Lover) and Lee Se-young (Trot Lovers)..................

For more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/lee-joon-becomes-vampire-private-eye-for-ocn/

Lee Joon to portray vampire detective

18013202.jpg

Singer-actor Lee Joon has been confirmed to be starring in OCN’s new drama series “Vampire Detective,” according to the cable channel on Thursday.

Director Kim Ga-ram and screenwriter Yoo Young-sun of “The Wicked” (2013), “Special Investigations” (2011) and “Blood Rain” (2005) are also taking part in the new drama. 

The first shooting will take place in November, and the show is scheduled to debut early next year.

The upcoming drama, which has been in the works for almost two years, will revolve around a tough private investigator named Yoon San (Lee), who tries to solve the mysteries of his clients’ as well as his past. Yoon is portrayed as an intelligent person who graduated with honors from police academy. However, after an accident, he becomes a private investigator who turns into a vampire. 

“I’m really glad I can work on an action project for the first time in such a long time,” Lee said. “I was very attracted to the character Yoon-san. I will showcase a different aspect of myself from the one that I have shown before.”

In addition to Lee, other celebrities such as actor Oh Jung-sae and actress Lee Se-young will join the vampire drama. 

BY JIN MIN-JI

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3009326

@Go Seung Ji, thank you so much for starting the thread, and for all the information you provided

I am beyond excited for this upcoming drama.. Lee Joon, and from the production team of Vampire Prosecutor...!  smail2001017.gif

Drama Fever just published their first 'phishing' article about it.  Please everyone, make sure to click on Awesome, Hot, whatever, and add a comment how much you would like to see it and for them to bring it to us.

Lee Joon cast as vampire detective in new OCN drama

1ddd69c6-a92a-4685-b4e1-ed8f5e31e021.png

It looks like the big vampire trend isn't quite ready to end, as we have yet another vampire drama in the works. Lee Joon has just signed on to headline OCN's Vampire Detective alongside Lee Se Young (Trot Lovers) and Oh Jung Sae (Marry Him If You Dare).

Vampire Detective will follow prickly detective Yoon San (Lee Joon), who decides to become a private investigator after a painful accident during his police days. When he suddenly becomes a vampire, he decides to investigate the mystery of his own past. 

Can Lee Joon pull off a vampire role?

ba3491cf-a947-489e-82b3-7a6307ea9ce3.jpg

Yeah, I somehow think he'll be just fine....

Oh Jung Sae will play Yong Goo Hyung, a fellow detective and loyal friend who helps Yoon San cover his secret and investigate crimes. Lee Se Young will play a smooth con woman who joins the team after losing her beloved brother in a tragic accident.

Of course, the immediate question here is if OCN is going to make a series about a prickly crime-solving vampire and his trusty team, why on earth isn't that drama titled Vampire Prosecutor 3? I, for one, have not recovered from the cliffhanger at the end of season 2. I will never recover until you give me more brooding Yun Jung Hoon! Never, I say! I guess the easy answer is the Yun Jung Hoon finished Mask not too long ago, but still....Can we at least ask for a cameo?

Vampire Detective will be completely pre-produced before airing, and it is planned for a 2016 premiere on OCN.

What do you think of this casting? Are you ready for Lee Joon's take on a vampire detective? What do you think of the rest of the cast? Share your thoughts in the comments! 

If you need some vampire crime solving to tide you over until this show's release, check out season 1 of Vampire Prosecutor below.

source: DramaFever blog

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shout out to some of my Soompi friends who might like to join us. @valsava@evie7, @Irisz, @LavelyShai, @UnniSarah,

@irilight,  Thanks for the shout out another vampire drama how many is that this year SWWTN is at the top of my list for 2015

@valsava, I know, right?

Frankly I cannot resist because it is Lee Joon and the production team of Vampire Prosecutor.....

So glad that you, and   @evie7, @LavelyShai, @UnniSarah,  are joining us....    hi onion head

K-Drama's Obsession With Vampires

Lee Joon will star in 'Vampire Investigator.'

Former MBLAQ member-turned-actor, Lee Joon, will lead the cast of the upcoming vampire drama, "Vampire Investigator." "Vampire Investigator" is the latest supernatural series, in a year that hosted dramas like "Blood," "Orange Marmalade," and "Scholar Who Walks the Night." 

On September 17, CJ E&M announced the casting of the OCN supernatural crime series, which is scheduled to air at the beginning of 2016. 

According to a report published by the Korean outlet MBN, Lee Joon will portray a private investigator who is transformed into a vampire. He utilizes his newfound supernatural powers for crime fighting while attempting to uncover the mysteries that led to him into the realm of the undead.

"Lee Joon is pleased to be able to do an action role," said a representative for the production team, in a statement published by MBN. 'His 'Vampire Investigator' character is three-dimensional and one that he is very attracted to.

Read more HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everyone, Lets make sure we get this drama subbed.

1. DramaFever -

If you have not already done so, please click on "awesome" and add a comment on DF article

http://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-joon-cast-as-vampire-detective-in-new-ocn-drama/

In addition, please submit Title Request form. You only need to fill in the title and the country of origin.

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series

2. Viki

Viki now has a channel for this drama.

https://www.viki.com/tv/29192c-vampire-detective?q=vampire detective

Please click to "Follow"

Also, please submit Viki's Title Request form.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived