• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilsunxuxu

I have been searching for this... and wanted to share this, and finally found it.. a heart-warming sight...

this fan of Jerry...a faithful fan...without failed to make a trip to see Jerry each time he was in Japan for the fans meeting..

thanks for the repost @jerryyan143

11330765_1476511696006505_1713167097_n.j

pics were taken on 23-Aug-2015

11849842_901543289931616_442784118_n.jpg

8/24/15 This is so heart warming. A sick loyal fan of Jerry had a chance to meet him again at the fan meeting event in Osaka, Japan yesterday. #jerryyan #言承旭 credits to sir bennylau_hc: [Cp] Osaka fans will be the last, touching screen appears again, though not move after the sick, can not language, but every year she was in the last row of the auditorium quietly support her heart favorite idol. More touching her toes to operate a computer with an editing phase of this, the focus is in the phase of the whole picture is full of hanging in her room. Such feelings make body next to me also visibly moved http://t.cn/RLsxGSI[/cp]

Guest lilsunxuxu

if you have the weibo account, please vote for Jerry!

he has been nominated for the best actor in the 2015 National Drama Festival (TV drama awards in China), for his role, Li Tang in My Best Ex-boyfriend.  please see the below details on how to support him...... TIA <3

11337211_190948987903862_1575520269_n.jp

Once again..

Jerry Yan is nominated for Best Actor as Li tang for My Best Ex Boyfriend in the 2015 National Drama Festival (TV drama awards in China).

for those who have weibo account let's help our boss to win this category by forwarding microblogging.

Just go to #国剧盛典 National Drama Festival http://weibo.com/u/2478261842 weibo page, after that you will see their first post on the page, then REPOST it as many times as you can.

Please don't forget to mention @言承旭Jerry (Jerry Yan) or the hashtag #言承旭 before reposting! So everyone, Let's support our Boss!

Thank you. Fighting!!! ❤ #言承旭 #jerryyan #国剧盛典 #最佳前男友

11939406_904109839681608_1794267775_n.jp

Guest lilsunxuxu

8/24/15 This is so heart warming. A sick loyal fan of Jerry had a chance to meet him again at the fan meeting event in Osaka, Japan yesterday. #jerryyan #言承旭 credits to sir bennylau_hc: [Cp] Osaka fans will be the last, touching screen appears again, though not move after the sick, can not language, but every year she was in the last row of the auditorium quietly support her heart favorite idol. More touching her toes to operate a computer with an editing phase of this, the focus is in the phase of the whole picture is full of hanging in her room. Such feelings make body next to me also visibly moved http://t.cn/RLsxGSI[/cp]

another few touching moments~~~~

Jerry Yan Cheng Xu's Handshake Is Better Than Thousand Words

600_20.jpg
Jerry Yan Cheng Xu's Handshake Is Better Than Thousand Words (2009)
Paralytic Fan Passed Through Tragedy

source: http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/
translated by kkla@www.nbbbs.com

Jerry Yan Cheng Xu went to Japan to promote his new album in Mid Aug. At the handshake session in Tokyo, a paralytic fan whose lower body was paralysed because of car accident attracted his attention, so he went down the stage to hold her hands tightly. His gesture surprised her so much that she was very touched and she cried with tears all over her face.

Fan Who Had Car Accident
Decided To Live Enthusiastically Because Of Jerry's Songs

This fan has liked Jerry since 2002's Meteor Garden and she has never missed one public event for all these years. Last year, she had a serious car accident and she is still under rehabilitation at this time. Although it is very inconvenient in transportation, she insisted going to the handshake session to see her idol even with wheelchair.

When she looked at Jerry's walking down the stage for holding her hands, she was so happy that she started crying. She told Jerry excitedly, "Because of Jerry, I have to the courage to live." She said that she listened to Jerry's album and watched Jerry's dramas repeatedly everyday when she was in the hospital, and she reminded herself that she needs to continue living, so she can see Jerry again.

Call His Fans Family
Share Happiness and Tragedies In Life

Holding fan's hands, Jerry's eyes turned red. He always intimately calls his fans his family. On the other hand, through the forum of his official website, a lot of fans are used to share their experiences with him, and this brings him a lot of feelings and thoughts. Furthermore, after watching all the tragic stories because of the typhoon in Taiwan, recently, Jerry often told his staff that he really treasures the time his spends with his family, and he cares his mom the most at this time, so he wants to bring his mom to see different scenary and to travel around the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep, 2014

One of the Japanese fans in September died of cancer,  her younger sister sat in the first row for her deceased sister, with the deceased sister's photograph. she couldn't stop crying.

Jerry sighted, he went up to her, the younger sister showed Jerry the photograph of her deceased sister and cried even more sad.  Jerry said he really wanted to give her a hug, and he hoped everyone can be healthy.

有位日本粉丝9月因癌症过世,妹妹拿着姐姐的遗照座在第一排替代替姐姐来看,不停的哭,老大看到后,走到她那里,妹妹给老大看照片,老大接了照片后妹妹哭了更伤心老大说真的很想抱抱她。希望大家都能健康健康!!好感动[泪][泪]

photo c6224700111ma6.jpgTranslation- credit to auntielek

The Hospital has been voted no.1 (20.97%) for the most popular series (overseas categories) by TV3 Fanclub Award 07. This award was organised by Thai TV3 (a public TV) through its website during 1 Nov to 25 Dec 07. The votes were for Thai citizen only due to certain ID no. for registration required prior to participating in the vote. There were more than 5000 IDs participated for 12 categories. Only one vote was allowed per day.

TV3 refers the Hospital in winning this category as "The return of the most popular superstar in Asia "Jerry F4" as a doctor who helps his patients until he secures at No.1." :thumbsup

well done to all Thai JMs!! clapclapThe Hospital's been voted no.1 the most popular series(overseas),TV3FanclubAward07....

...the chapter....the past of Jerry Yan...

photo 0013nf7.jpgphoto 00081nx5.jpgphoto 0007sj0.jpgsuccessful year for Jerry in 2008.
2003 has the success of his 1st movie Magical Kitchen in box office, 2004 has the success of his 1st solo album in sales, 2005 was defined by Jerry going solo & becoming his own boss, 2006 has the success of The Hospital, Jerry's 1st non-idol drama & his 1st meet session in Japan which sold 15,000 tixs & 2007 has the NHK promo of TH in Japan & Jerry's related products selling extremely well during the F4 tourism meet sessions.
as for 2008, lets hope the Japanese drama & Jerry's 1st solo concerts will successfully go-ahead, making it another memorable year of Jerry's projects. & that Jerry will continue to be successful in making the media focus on his works & not on other things . by now, Jerry's seriousness towards works & his professionalism is already well-known to the media
Jerry@F4 Waiting For You DVD
credit to queenyhon@www.jerrybbs.com....

7f014b91jw1ewqh02hq2yj205k034t8m.jpghttp://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjg0OTAxOTAw.html?sharefrom=iphone老大,这么喜欢宝宝,赶快自己生一个啊 Boss, so fond of the baby, born a hurry own ah....from weibo...in the past of the Jerry Yan...

...and... maybe...in 2015....a little Jerry will come....or ...maybe a little ShanCai.....!.... ,a child  it's always  a blessing...

Guest lilsunxuxu

old news... but hope more and more people read these, and get to know more about Jerry, and don't simply jump to conclusion just based on what they heard from the critics which are unfounded... 

all these years from what I have gathered.. Jerry is really a rare gem... whom still shine and need not polishing in the complicated show biz industry.. his genuine self wins many over the years... listen to his heart... and you will realize if you have wronged him earlier... 

simply....if he was not sincere, honest, kind-hearted etc, his die-hard fans would not have faithfully standby him till this very day.. and the many wonderful things which his fans had done for him unconditionally....

<Singapore Mag>I-Weekly #482: One of A Kind ~ JERRY YEN (25th Jan 2007)

Cover Page: 
In terms of expressing my feeling, I am very lacking and inadequate. . 

One of His Own Kind ~ JERRY YAN 

Pg 22
Cover Story ~ Yan Cheng Xu 

Text : Yang Li Lin

Ranking with the likes of Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt, he was voted as Top 20 Stars by the renowned Japanese Movie Magazine ~ Movie Star.

With only {The Hospital} and endorsements, he was 4th in the Taiwan's Entertainment Circle Top Earners with S$3.2 million. 

He declined the lead role in the upcoming Taiwan Tourism Board's 3.75 million serial. 

Hong Kong, Taiwan and Worldwide Family sponsored 120 children to celebrate his 30th birthday yet he was nowhere to be found..

When I see Jerry Yen, I think of Takashi Yamazaki. 

He become a Superstar Idol after 2001 {Meteor Garden} but his works are a mere few. He still exudes that Superstar aura whenever he appears. 

Can't get closer, just watching him from afar.

==========================================

translated by welga@jerryskingdom

Section from Jerry's interview with I Mag, Singapore

" I'm normally really very low-profiled... so low-profiled that all of them think that I just vanished. I'm pretty much in my own world, and been like this ever since. I believe actors must personally do his part to make good deeds. I also actually tried hard to do some things, no matter how other people see me or not. I don't wish people to know me too much or understand me too well, because the more they understand a lot from me, the more they would realize how very boring this man really is, and not really interesting."

posted by fatty2@ asian fanatics.net

just wait for the full translation of the article, i bet you all will be deeply touched. i cried at some parts, especially the part when Jerry said that when he's old & his friends (fans) are all grown up, he wants them to have wonderful memories to reflect on. 

i salute this reporter, she really did a very impartial , indepth & unbiased article, i think she's the rare few that understands Jerry. if she has been a Taiwanese reporter & is one of those earlier reporters that reported on Jerry, Jerry would not have been so misunderstood.

there's one sentence that she wrote that makes me think of fate & destiny, she wrote that Jerry's character is not suited for showbiz but bcos heaven gave him such outstanding physical attributes, he is destined for the bright lights & his fate as a superstar cannot be avoided.

translation by Kym of jerrybbs.com - Page 24 

We went to Mongolia previously.

That was something that happened 3 months ago.
Though I was only a member of the media team and he is the World Vision Asian Child Sponsor Spokesman.

Yet the memories of our trip became a common topic to draw us closer.

"I’ve never thought I could go to somewhere so faraway and so close to nature. To see the smiles of the children and the look in their eyes. . . . . . I was touched very deeply as this makes me think of how I used to live so simply, how I was a very innocent ‘big boy’."

Compared to many other artistes, he is actually quite simple in my eyes. At least he still has that sense of ‘realness’.

He kept shaking his head. "I am no longer innocent. . . . . . I could just smile before but it is not the same now. There are more worldliness, more pressure. Yes. . .yes. . .really so. Harm is the word that is with me by my side."

My brow furrowed a little showing my incomprehension.

He started to explain, " It’s like when I don’t feel too well so I won’t want to smile. That is my personality. However if it is a one-to-one interview, the reporter is sitting right in front of me so I still have to force a smile. I don’t like it this way. And it’s not that I am not willing to smile as everyone always say that they like to see me smile. But if I don’t smile then they will feel, ‘Oh, why don’t you smile, are you angry? You are not happy now!’ In fact nothing of that sort, I just need to be with my thoughts at times so I just want to quietly think. Others will however label you."

What we expect from artistes is different from the norm. We passed a snowy mountain during our Mongolian trip. Almost everyone was so excited that they started fighting in the snow with gusto. 

I just wanted to listen to my mp3 and enjoy the picturesque scene of white before me. He was watching the others play and listening to music as well.

Those around him might feel he is too ‘geng’ (Taiwanese dialect, meaning suppressed), why doesn’t he join in and play with the rest?

Artistes it seems cannot possess the ordinary man’s freedom. One must live up to the expectations of the masses when one takes on the acclaim and adoration.

Why is Jerry Yen not able to go along with the rest? Why is Jerry Yan so lacking in self-confidence? Why does Jerry Yen stiffen up when he sees a camera? 

Guest lilsunxuxu

continuation of :
I weekly #482 mag- One of a kind-Jerry Yan
Middle of 24 pg in enlarged print

When one returns to the simplest of environment, you will know who you are, you won’t be manipulated by the environment just because you are F4. This is the kind of life that I like.

We expect artistes to be confident, always with a smile, ever diplomatic. . . . . . Yet we know for a certainty that ¡¥a leopard doesn’t change its spots, the character of a man cannot be altered. 

Yes, being myself such is my character so I have always voiced that I am not suitable to be upfront especially having to face so many people. I still have many problems of my own.

Have you found your own personal way of being? 

I have and that is not to be seen as much as possible. He laughed. That’s right, the best way is to do my best in my acting then I would feel that I have done my part. It’s better for me to try and not to be seen by others. He laughed poking fun at himself.

Normally I’m really very low-key, so much so that they feel that I’m about to disappear. I’m quite used to being in my own world. When I first entered this line, I thought being an artiste is like any regular job. I just have to do my part and that’s it. So when I’ve tried my best, I’m not bothered by whether others can see what I’ve done. I hope that everyone doesn’t know too much or understand me too much. It’s because they might find that I am really very boring and monotonous. 

And I thought that he was insecure and was afraid of others understanding him. 

Not really. It’s just that I feel helpless as there have been so many misunderstandings already. Many a time I feel that I don’t want to do anything about that. . . . . .that’s right. He smiled faintly . 

When he is unsure of how to express his feelings, he frequently says “that’s right”. 

I’m used to his leaving things out and his inadequacies in expression. Jerry is not good with words but compared to those who eloquent, I prefer to ponder over the meaning and feelings behind what was not said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTINUATION OF SINGAPORE I-WEEKLY ISSUE 482

credit to kym@jerrybbbs.com for translating

Jerry Yen has Star-Quality a plenty in disposition but his character is nothing like that at all.

Based on his character, he may not be suitable as an artiste adored by the masses. Yet Nature has bestowed upon him so abundantly that he is destined to walk down this resplendent road to Stardom.

This is a predestination from which he cannot escape. 

When facing the media, from beginning till end he keeps a distance and usually speaks little. He looks so unnatural in front of the camera and at times even his awkwardness is evident. At the Press Conference, he is either lowering his head or turning to the side. While others are always eager to get into every shot, he seems to consciously avoid the camera.

During our visit to the children in Mongolia, he could not fathom how the media for the sake of effect was trying to capture the saddest shot. 

“I am really very angry. I cannot explain why the photographer told me, ‘He is about to cry so just ask him some questions to make him cry. ’ I mean why do I have to make the child cry since I was there to care for them. This is due to the fact that I cannot understand things in a mature way. I feel that I am also a child and many times I am unable to be mature and understanding. When there are different standpoints to a situation, I cannot understand that it is their job and responsibility. It is a lesson that I am working hard to learn now. ”

I was chatting with the Taiwanese media personnel then and someone complained that during other Third World Country visits, the other artistes would let them capture a moving, teary-eyed scenario but he is the only exception. 

Pg 26 Enlarged Print 
{When one returns to the simplest of environment, you will know who you are, you won’t be manipulated by the environment just because you are F4. This is the kind of life that I like}

Amongst the artistes that I have seen, Jerry cannot ‘act’ at all..(yes, he didnt fake or act/pretend , just be as himself)..

Artistes, perhaps as a matter of habit know how to ‘perform’ before the camera. They fit in easily when in front of it though their feelings might not be faked. At the drop of a hat, a few mere teardrops would flow effortlessly. . . . . . However when he is facing the camera, his real self doesn’t shine through. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

translated by kym@jerrybbs.com

CONTINUATION
SINGAPORE I-WEEKLY #482

"That’s right! I’m really angry with myself actually. At that certain moment I was very touched but when the camera pointed at me, I just froze up. This definitely has to do with my being very insecure when I first started out in this line. Mmm. . . . . .That’s right, I need to find some ways to overcome that.”

"It’s not that I am ill at ease when I have fun but I really don’t know how to play. My family situation isn’t too good when I was young. I’ve been working since my childhood. Furthermore I am from a single parent family. . . . .I feel that I am lacking in my emotion side. . . . .even towards my family, I do not express myself with a hug or say ‘I Love You’. My way of expression is to work hard and not give my mother any cause for worry. During my schooling days, I was in the best class and yet I was working as well. I wanted my mother to know that we are poor but at least she doesn’t have to worry about me turning bad. I know that I am lacking and inadequate in expressing my emotions.”.

“I don’t really know how to get along with people. When I knew that I was going to Mongolia, I was thinking of the worst. Since by then, everyone will know that I cannot or is not very willing to and am very *‘geng’. My ‘geng’ is because when I don’t know, I get very anxious and is at loss. It is not a matter of being ‘geng’ or not but it is whether I know or whether anyone told me how to handle the matter.” He said it all in one breath.

* geng is the Taiwanese dialect word for suppressing one’s feelings or opinions, keeping it bottled up.

I’ve always felt that those who didn’t grow up in a good environment would be more able to feel for the underdogs. 

“Perhaps. I have always felt that in helping others, you should also appreciate your own happiness and good luck. It seems easy to just talk about it. Everyone is good at talking about appreciating, living for the present but as for me it is tough to remember that I must be appreciative and to live for the present. It is easy to be lost in the pursuit for certain things especially in this circle. I have to constantly remind myself that I must definitely not become so-and-so in Show Business

“This is also the reason behind my choice of living in an extremely small apartment with my family before. Many who had come to my house were shocked. They felt that I shouldn’t continue to live in such poor conditions. However they do not understand. To the outside world, I am Jerry Yen or F4 but when I return to that simple home with the few necessities – it could only have a worn-out table and some chairs or a small TV. . . . . .yet it’s when one returns to the simplest of environment then will one know who he is. I like living this way very much. Those around me might even have felt that I am not filial, or else how could I let my mother live so meagerly. To me, I have my own way, I merely want to return to that environment where it is the most basic.”

Within 5 days I finished all the 39 episodes of {The Hospital}. Though it is in preparation for the interview but I must admit I could not help myself from carrying on. I told him that it was very exciting.

“Oh.” He smiled shyly in reply. “I just saw a little bit so I don’t really know. I was in Japan when {The Hospital} started airing so I didn’t have an opportunity to watch it. I was afraid to watch too.” He laughed. “Heard from others that it gets nicer towards the end. We actors would usually watch as we act so we don’t actually see our own productions.”

My heart ached as I watched the show. I can imagine how emotionally grueling it was at that time for the one acting.

“I worked very hard to convey what I think the kind of pain that was in Su Yi Hua’s heart. If others can feel it then it shows that it’s ok. The acting was still passable.” He paused and smiled in embarrassment. “Acting in this show was truly a painful experience. Many things happened and those around are such great actors. I had a lot of pressure. Like facing Wu Meng Da, if one is not good enough, one’s character would be ‘eaten up’ by him.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuation of I weekly magazine
Credit the translation to kym@nbbbs

This is how I feel - Jerry is more natural and it differs in contrast with Wu Meng Da and Dai Li Ren’s dramatic acting. 

“There are two ways to look at being natural. One is that it is natural and another is that one cannot act.” He pokes fun at himself, seemingly lacking in confidence. “I want to act with more great actors like Dai Li Ren now as I can really learn more definitions and views to acting. ”

He said that he enjoys acting more now as it is a form of release to put real emotions into a character.
“Especially in those emotional scenes, I could release some hurt or painful experience at that moment. But it is really an agony to act this way. In fact, they said that I had aged 5 years after filming. During that period, I was so depressed. And it is not an act just that a certain feeling keeps getting trapped within. So everyday the expression is the same and even those around said, ‘Can you please don’t be so depressed?’ But it is much better now and gradually I am leaving the ‘shadow’ of {The Hospital} behind

He seems to be so hard on himself this way.

“It’s ok. I’m quite happy that I’ve finished a character. It’s a kind of a small accomplishment.”

Pg 28 

In {The Hospital}, Su Yi Hua’s determination in his ideals and love is so exceptionally naïve that it contrasts starkly against the cruel world of reality. He cannot understand so many matters.

I feel that I seemed to have caught glimpses of Jerry Yen in the show. 

“That part is very much like me. Many a times I feel that I wasn’t playing that character but actually my own. My acting isn’t very good. Since these two characters - Dao Ming Si and Su Yi Hua have many of my own traits. I hope in the future I can have opportunities to play challenging roles which are totally different from my own character so that I can fathom lives that I have not experienced before. I feel that this is in truth acting

His assistant was hurrying the interview to an end but he said, “Never mind, you can carry on asking.”

We chatted about his future expectations.

“Frankly speaking, I had before but now I don’t. What I want to do in the future is not what I often think about anymore. Why do we as humans keep looking for trouble and giving ourselves so much pressure? Life in the Show Business can in fact be very simple. When I don’t ponder over and plan what position or when things will happen, I believe I will be happier and have less emotional baggage.” He said meaning very word in earnest. 

News of Jerry setting up his own office keeps coming up in the reports. I thought he wanted to be solely in control his own path. 

“I’ve never really thought of being a boss at all. I only hope to find people who want to help Jerry Yen so that I can concentrate on my acting and not be bothered about other matters. It’s just that simple. Till now, I have not found that someone. I hope that I can find someone who can really know me. Not someone who only sees what Jerry Yen looks like on the exterior. I hope that someone who wants to help me can see my resoluteness and fortitude towards work and will really want to help me to better myself.” When he has a point to make, he is no longer at a loss for words. 

“I want to be more positive in my motivation and it is just so simple actually. It’s to encourage more people to do charity in every country. I am an idol today so those who like me would help me in this and it is really wonderful. When I am old one day, the friends who like me would also have grown in years. So at least everyone would remember that besides their support, they did some good too. It is not only ‘star-chasing’ or spending money on products but that we had helped a lot of people too. To us, these will be very beautiful memories.” 

At the end of the interview, all the assistants were still seated yet he stood up and sent me to the door.

He smiled and waved his hand, “I am more relaxed when I see you. I hope that we can meet again.”

Jerry makes one feel that he is rather warm when he lets down his guard.

~THE END ~ 

Modern Magazine Vol. 360 Interview with Jerry
Jerry Yan! Sincere and Great Risks 

Scanned by weiwei of Jerry's Harbor
transcribed by Zi Lin Xu Xu 
partly translated by yami 
summarized by Jerry's Kingdom

20072272017692718sq1.jpg

violet-colored box inset: 

"To smile or not to smile? Should this be a problem for an actor? But for Jerry, this could almost fall him apart. If he comes out with too much smiles, squeeze them to come out, or pretend it to come out, then those cant be blamed on Jerry, because his smiles are rather precious. However, the world is not ideal, so he tries hard to change. This why for the past few years he has endured many sadness, suffered many misgivings, and had painful thoughts that made him thin. The bitter punishment of a monk-like life makes people play jokes at him and also feel worried for him. However, he had always been this "real" that supported his pains for an even more beauty and mystery. Perhaps his "realness" has long been his strong character, and will stay to him even if his physical body already fades. "

little pink-colored box inset:

" Jerry Yan's Seven Wishes for the New Year"

1. find a working team that understands me, so we'll work hard together
2. act in an action movie
3. more people do charity work
4. see director Cai lose control 
5. play professional basketball
6. people around me are healthy and happy
7. become a director in the future

naive, soft and free. 

TO BE CONTINUED.... 

-----------------------------------------------

sorry, I can't seem to find the rest of the translated passage....

Archived