[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 12blbl said:

I'm gonna watch this, i hope the goodbye in the title doesn't refer to mr black died in the end 

I dont think so:D I think he says goodbye to his past black life and starts a new life,next happenings we read in synopsis(just my view).Dont worry~B)

8 hours ago, andy78 said:

i loved all MCW dramas...This drama is on my list!!!I feel i'll love the story very much....

This drama is the one I'm waiting for! Because it's action revenge crime thriller drama. About seeking justice and a man going all out for revenge. It ain't cutie romance kind but we'll see Swan as the one who'll be on black's side no matter what. Woooh. Excited.  So we'll see a recap, right? He he.

4 hours ago, jongski said:

This drama is the one I'm waiting for! Because it's action revenge crime thriller drama. About seeking justice and a man going all out for revenge. It ain't cutie romance kind but we'll see Swan as the one who'll be on black's side no matter what. Woooh. Excited.  So we'll see a recap, right? He he.

you know me if i have time and i'm able to watch online i'll do it for sure...you can bet i will!

2 hours ago, jongski said:

@LyraYoo I know they say Nine is LJW best drama, how about Someday? Plan to marathon one of his drama before GMB starts.

Ha, I think I only chime in on this thread when we're talking about old dramas. Or when Kim Kang Woo's hotness gets the best of me. :)

Remember when I said I had only seen a really ancient LJW drama?  That was Someday.  Pros: it's pretty short, it starts out really well, with really likable characters, is a different sort of story, and has sort of an interesting, arty way of presenting itself.  Cons: the middle was terrible (IMO), characters start being really irritating, and it generally loses its way.  But it does get mostly back on track by the last episode or two.  So I can totally recommend the first half or so!  And you might like the rest. 

So, they're back in Korea, right?  And we're only a little more than a month from the premiere date!  I think when the holidays are over we might start to get official tidbits from MBC.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Is there a definite date in March?

It's still set for March 16, right?

MCW's airport fashion; back to Korea

I just read this post's caption and it said " a man who gets betrayed by his friend and lover"..so I guess KKW's not the only antagonist..YIY also

The above is an old article about Song jae rim joining, I think. And I just noticed on the character description, Cha Ji Won is 28 and Seo Woo jin is 29..so Jaerim will be Jinuk's hyung while in real life, he's the dongsaeng..lol

And the article below said Black's exiled to Australia..is that mean we can expect another shoot abroad, or maybe the production team decided to shoot in thailand instead of Australia?ow, I think the later one's the case, cause this I think refers to the novel..since the setting's in England

The competition

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!

Thank you everyone for sharing all the information and amazing photos - the visuals are stunning and would certainly make for very compelling footage of the early episodes. Am just a little disappointed that there is so little seen of KKW in the BTSes so far... is he still filming in Thailand or are his shoots more in sets rather than outdoors? 

It occurred to me that the numerous earlier broadcasting woes this drama went through reminds me a little of Signal... which was initially meant for SBS, got rejected, was finally taken up by tvN, and is now enjoying rave reviews and good ratings. GMB has gone through so much in spite of its then-already-confirmed amazing cast, and finally seen the light of day with MBC, so I am hoping and hopeful that it too, will enjoy the success and ratings that this brilliant ensemble can and should command, showing those who rejected it just what they missed out on. Looking forward to its airing!

30 minutes ago, liddi said:

<snip>....

It occurred to me that the numerous earlier broadcasting woes this drama went through reminds me a little of Signal... which was initially meant for SBS, got rejected, was finally taken up by tvN, and is now enjoying rave reviews and good ratings. GMB has gone through so much in spite of its then-already-confirmed amazing cast, and finally seen the light of day with MBC, so I am hoping and hopeful that it too, will enjoy the success and ratings that this brilliant ensemble can and should command, showing those who rejected it just what they missed out on. Looking forward to its airing!

Really??!!?? What else has SBS rejected? Seems like whatever they reject I'm probably going to like!

6 minutes ago, Ginaaaa said:

Really??!!?? What else has SBS rejected? Seems like whatever they reject I'm probably going to like!

LOL I don't have that list unfortunately... but I did pay attention to Signal and GMB, since these were the ones I was really keen on watching the moment I heard about its inception... so was more aware of their broadcasting issues (yoyoing between excitement and disappointment :P). So so happy that both of them made it in the end :) 

5 hours ago, liddi said:

LOL I don't have that list unfortunately... but I did pay attention to Signal and GMB, since these were the ones I was really keen on watching the moment I heard about its inception... so was more aware of their broadcasting issues (yoyoing between excitement and disappointment :P). So so happy that both of them made it in the end :) 

Ahah..that was what I thinking..I actually care more about how GMB will compete with that SBS drama than about going against DoTS-I like Song hye Gyo-cause I'll be more excited to witness some sweet bloodless revenge towards the broadcast station that turned the drama down..*fingers crossed..I hope SBS ends up regretting that decision..for putting shame on what I think is a promising drama (other than my bias stars in it)..I would love to see how GMB as underdog and proving 'never gonna let others tell you you're not good enough' apparently exceed the expectation..:grimace:

Anw these 3 dramas are like crossover coupling..Song Hye Gyo & Rain was in Full House..and Moon Chae Won & Song Joongki on Innocent Man..That must be some shippers' nightmare..lol..fortunately, I don't ship them (eventho I love love love Lee Yong jae & Han ji Eun of Full house)

7 hours ago, liddi said:

@liddi My sentiments also. This drama will air on MBC after SBS rejected this I'm glad  MBC took this drama! I've been really really waiting for this just as I am with Signal. And (correct me if I'm wrong, ok) coming from the one who did CYHMH  this should be good!  very high quality. The story, the cast, the cinematography. Writing and directing. Acting!  Should be brilliant. And I mentioned even before they started filming, I said this will be fav drama of 2016.

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

So there is no chance GMB can avoid DotS.

I'll watch GMB over DotS. even if different actors were cast, I watch for story and the over all quality

But.. I'm going to marathon DotS too... once it's done.

Lets all wish these kdramas success, viewers are the winners anyway. With so many to choose from :)

Happy Chinese New Year y'all.

@jongski Unlike Signal which first drew me in because of the scriptwriter-director combination then delighted me when they cast LJH and JJW, I am unfortunately unfamiliar with scriptwriter Moon Hee Jung or PD Han Hee's works. However, I am truly anticipating GMB because of LJW and KKW, whom I love for their brilliant acting. Really praying that this will be stellar in every way - performance, direction, script!

@Jillia I am certainly looking forward to seeing more of KKW... the very few glimpses I have of him reminds me so much of Chae Do Woo from Story of a Man, and that just ups my eagerness to see him channel his villainous side. I'm glad that they are back home for Seollal for a well-deserved rest. Really hope that they are getting enough shooting in so as to avoid hectic filming schedules and the bane of kdrama productions - live shoots. Can't wait to see the teasers released... MBC, please make it soon!

21 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Ha, I think I only chime in on this thread when we're talking about old dramas. Or when Kim Kang Woo's hotness gets the best of me. :)

Remember when I said I had only seen a really ancient LJW drama?  That was Someday.  Pros: it's pretty short, it starts out really well, with really likable characters, is a different sort of story, and has sort of an interesting, arty way of presenting itself.  Cons: the middle was terrible (IMO), characters start being really irritating, and it generally loses its way.  But it does get mostly back on track by the last episode or two.  So I can totally recommend the first half or so!  And you might like the rest. 

@ecs707a I like old dramas too but usually it's jdoramas  I also like KKW. I like him Breathless, he was young when did that. Of course  the recent one, MM.

Thanks for the info about Someday. For LJW, I've read some saying Someday is  good drama of LJW I like 'arty' kinda way and if the story is good, acting is terrific, also the writing. I'm definitely gonna like it.

*Edit

Since they're back in Korea.. maybe we'll see more of KKW  too. He Was in Thailand filming with LJW and MCW.

On 1/28/2016 at 2:57 AM, Jillia said:

I see some people lurking... @Grimm_Jagg - GIRL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?! - and @JinRose - come out and join the fun!! :wub::D

A late late response for your summoning @Jillia :( I've been very busy these days that I could only check for GMB & MCW updates thru FB and Twitter. I'll make up for every post that I missed on this thread once the drama has started. ;)

Btw, Big hugs and kisses for you guys who keep on sharing GMB goodies! I'm soooo excited for its release! OMG. And forgive me, I just realized SJR is indeed a cutie pie!  Also LJW's hotness... :wub:

On 2/7/2016 at 11:36 PM, LyraYoo said:

^ hmmm. I didnt touch Someday but the premise is quite interesting . I might as well watch it before GMB 's pilot. 

Some of the events we still have to see before the first episode broadcast:

1. Official Posters + Character photos and descriptions

2. Trailers ,oops should be the first official photo right? We only saw bts by fans/staff

3. Teasers

4. PRESSCON + MBC Section TV

5. Long Trailer

6.Preview for first episode

Gosh,am soo excited. It's February, folks!

@LyraYoo If only I could mark my calendar for the following events, it should've been a great relief for my poor heart :(.. We're still waiting for the #1, right? Kyaaahhhhhhh... Can't wait! :wub:

Archived