[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

@mrdimples READ THE BOOK!!!!!!! Seriously, if you loved the movie, the book will go straight to your heart and take up permanent residence. In my opinion, Norman Maclean is the best American author of prose, and possibly even one of the best English language writer of all times. Too bad he was not prolific. He did write a work of non-fiction called "Young Men and Fire" which I couldn't finish because it was tearing out my heart. And the way he describes fire .... gah! I Goosebumps. 

If GMB is only 1/10 the story of "A River Runs Through It" then it will be 10 times the story of the current ratings monster. And we will be in kdrama heaven. :D

@evergreen Yup!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I know that this is a melodrama and I expect a certain amount of angst. :)I just hope it won't drive into makjang-land. :lol:

And I'm not pessimistic at all. This is the drama I'm looking forward to and I'm super invested with the premise and cast. But I can still say when I don't like certain things aka the posters or that I'm worried about the writer.

The one I highlight....omg! the thought scares me.  Been waiting also for this since last year but more for the story rather than the stars but looking forward to MCW comeback.

But anyway I don't mind the romance but with quality writing, with good acting. I'll be happy.

Waiting for Mr. Black.

Black Revenge. That smiling face will turn into cold one with revenge as he is betrayed by his friend.

Ccaf3xkUkAAg9xt.jpg

@Jillia,I hope so too. As much as we love our girl, her fashion choices have been a miss for me lately. I thought she rocked the nice guy conference too, I hope they find a nice outfit and styling for her that'll suit her short hair. :D  

LATEST TRAILER ENGLISH  SUBBED

http://www.viki.com/videos/1098708v-trailer-3

Subtitles brought to you by BLACK Is Back Team @ Viki

TRAILER: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/781656#comment_focus

SWAN: Since we're hiding, we have to change our names.

SWAN: You are " Black" and I am "Swan".

Credits: Goodbye Mr. Black

MR. BLACK: I promised I would come back.

MR. BLACK: Help me protect this promise.

Cha Ji Won will come.

MIN SEON JAE: Don't interfere rashly. I'll face him.

MR. BLACK: Hold on tight. I can't leave you behind by yourself.

MR. BLACK:  Remember my face. No matter where you are, I will find you.

Spero, Spera: As long as you're alive, there is hope

SWAN: So, Black won't die.

MR. BLACK: I miss you a lot.

Credits: Goodbye Mr. Black<br>Premiere on Mar 16th, Watch only on Viki

SWAN: Sorry. I'm really late, aren't I?

11 hours ago, Ginaaaa said:

Well, let's pray the writing is decent. :sweatingbullets: Y'all are starting to worry me!

It's called managing expectations, dear. ;)

The drama has a lot to live up to especially if they're bringing together a cast of that calibre. With a story loosely based on the CoMC.

Of course I want it to do well but let's face it, even the most casual of K drama viewers know that it's all too easy for a drama to lose its way midstream.

7 hours ago, Ginaaaa said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww .... Twilight comparison. :lol:  I don't do vampires. Lestat de Lioncourt was my one and only, my first and my last. All others are just leeches in the universe of film, both large and small screens. 

Neither do I. Especially this whole new mushy depiction of vampires as the good guys. It's nauseating stuff especially when they were symbolic of coughthescourgeofsyphilliscough.

14 hours ago, mrdimples said:

I always crack jokes about melodramas but the truth is I do get suck in too, LOL. You are totally spot on about balance and consistency, I just do not want to spend hours on end looking at crying faces and evil smiles. I am fine with a melodramatic undercurrent in this show but I hope that the drama will be one which is more a battle of wits, guts and mind games between Black and Sun Jae with neither having a too obvious upper hand. If the writing can have some of the brilliance of Nirvana in Fire, I think I'd be in ecstasy. 

I'm trying to manage my expectations here and you had to go and bring up Lang Ya Bang, didn't you? :blink: :P (Actually so did I a few pages ago)

Suffice to say Lang Ya Bang would be a very, very, very tough act to follow. In any language.

As long as there's plotting, scheming, backstabbing and undermining in the course of the storyline, I'll be a delighted ajumma.

And trigger-happy KKW would be fantastic as well. In fact, someone should make a K James Bond flick and put him in it.

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

@evergreen

Let's uri Chaewonnie won't show up in one of her terrible fashion choices. xD She rocked the Nice Guy press conference though. :D

AMEN.

I'm scare what I'll see from her on Monday :sweatingbullets:. She better stick to something safe.. I like what she wore in Good Doctor press con. The cordi better don't mess her up..cause the girl is quite fashion blind herself. lol.

Hopefully, the cast will coordinate on what they'll wear. It will good for the group pictures as well as their team work. I think most will wear black.

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

@evergreen

Let's uri Chaewonnie won't show up in one of her terrible fashion choices. xD She rocked the Nice Guy press conference though. :D

@Jillia captain: <spoiler>I have to confess I become fashion blind when it comes to our Chae Won ssi. She can be wearing something as bad as that infamous long pale pink dress she wore for one red carpet appearance and I still fangirl like crazy. Haha</spoiler>

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all Black Swans out there! (Do we have an official name already?)

So excited about this drama. Even if all the initial visuals didn't impress me much, well neither did the "Cinema Paradiso" or "Run Lola Run" previews, yet I loved the films. ;)

I am guessing this will be a very testosterone-driven drama and of course centered in Black's journey and angst etc but I do hope there will be room for an interesting character arc for Swan as well. I've been craving to see MCW as an action heroine ever since her role in "War of the Arrows".

Maybe like this? :rolleyes:

Or this? (Maybe she will have to fight her evil father?) 

But seriously now. :D I agree with everyone--- good writing must be at the heart of every good drama. The films and dramas I end up loving and remembering more are not those driven by star power alone, but by a skillful writer and a compelling, coherent story that is translated to the screen in a convincing way. I have to believe the story is true even if it's fantasy.

Although it's nice to have all the following, to me, it does not need to have sleek cinematography, good looking actors or expensive stunts either, as long as it has that above mentioned well written center, filled with sincerity and lots of heart. I'm really hoping GMB turns out to be another one of those memorable dramas. :wub:

Anyoeng... My first post here ... delurking for the first time...

Hi I'm one of the troop from the other thread .. hahahaha.   But :sigh: I love MCW too ..  Joongki come in pair .. You like Joongki.. you have to like MCW (most of the time it's like that) Their chemistry together was off the chart ... Love them from the Nice guy era ..

So here I am torn between two ppl that I like so much.. 

I hate good doctor ... just didn't connect to it.. though MCW was great (like always) .. 

Looking forward to this.... just too bad when the OTP I use to love has to 'compete' ... Like Rain (in comeback ajushii) and SHK ... 

All the best to both drama - Now I have more reason to wait for wednesday .. Aja Aja

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤ D-5 ♤ March 16 - 4th Teaser page 80
Guest HelloHailey

how long will the couple stay in Thailand? they would have to be  back to Korea right? I suppose for the majority of the time it is filmed in Korea, it is correct?

12 minutes ago, HelloHailey said:

how long will the couple stay in Thailand? they would have to be  back to Korea right? I suppose for the majority of the time it is filmed in Korea, it is correct?

If I remember correctly, we'll have 4 eps taken from Thailand. Someone please correct me if I mistaken.

Welcome @Bambiina nice to see you again. It's been such a long time since NG days ^^

Guest HelloHailey
1 hour ago, Bambiina said:

Anyoeng... My first post here ... delurking for the first time...

Hi I'm one of the troop from the other thread .. hahahaha.   But :sigh: I love MCW too ..  Joongki come in pair .. You like Joongki.. you have to like MCW (most of the time it's like that) Their chemistry together was off the chart ... Love them from the Nice guy era ..

So here I am torn between two ppl that I like so much.. 

I hate good doctor ... just didn't connect to it.. though MCW was great (like always) .. 

Looking forward to this.... just too bad when the OTP I use to love has to 'compete' ... Like Rain (in comeback ajushii) and SHK ... 

All the best to both drama - Now I have more reason to wait for wednesday .. Aja Aja

Yeah I agree. For me, pairings including BiKyo and Chaeki were like the OTP walls throuh years of diligently watching kdramas. Jinja walls!  I remember when Chae Won came on Running Man, there was a top comment like "Joong Ki oppa come back! Your girlfriend is here" hahaha there were many people who feel the same as me. I watch DotS too but I don't know, there is like something in my mind saying "but the girl he belongs to is currently with MBC" lol

BiKyo got me insane when I was in secondary school. They were the first couple that got me hooked up. They will forever be historic.

It's a HUGE coincidence to see them comeback at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@HelloHailey

They're back from Thailand since late January or mid-February. So it really depends on a) how much they were able to film or/and b ) how they want to tell the story. :) Like @mulberry9-chingu I think it will be around 4 episodes. I remember earlier rumors saying 7 episodes would be in Thailand but I don't know they filmed that much material. But then again they could tell the story in flashbacks as well. So maybe we'll get a mix of both Thailand and Korea.

Welcome @Bambiina! :D

CW flew to Bangkok on 11th Jan and left on 5th Feb. But the production crew when there a week earlier for the preparation. 

According to our @Madamtongy, the 1st to 4th episodes will take place in Thailand. I think yes, there will be 4 Thailand eps but whether the 1st eps will be completely shoot in Thailand,, that, I'm not sure. I mean, they must have shown us some background story before CJW go to Thailand and is betray by SJ there.. well, we'll see how it goes...pretty soon. Just in 4 more days :)

talk about k-drama OTP pairings! lol. :wub: 

I, too is and forever BiKyo

this is what's interesting in k-drama. we learn to love OTP's from dramas we watch and carry them as long as we can until they find another pairing that gives us another reason to jump ship. but, well, three dramas airing at the same time slot with former colleagues now paired with others is seriously fascinating. anyway, I will just enjoy GMB. And the good thing about LJW, so far I like his parings in his previous works. I think he is the one that brings the nice chemistry that rubs off to anyone being paired to him. He is one flexible actor. 

counting the days until the pilot episode...;)

@Bambiina Welcome to the forum :)

@msleeChae Won usually brings it on her end for the chemistry in both her dramas the Princess' Man and Nice Guy that I've watched so you have something to look forward to ;) 

@mulberry9 I think what she wore at the Good Doctor press conference was nice too. I'm hoping something black too to go with the theme. :)

@coastalbreeze Are you hanabokeh on instagram? If so, I'm a fan :D. Up to this day, I thought Chae Won looked the prettiest in her blue dress at the 2011 KBS drama awards. She looked so elegant like a real princess. :wub:

By the way, the picture of Chae Won and Jin Wook sitting on the log in front of the blue sea is so pretty. 

Archived