[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

I just fist pump to this! Looking at the current trend of villains, I feel that the actors sometimes placed too much emphasis on how a villain should look, smirk, smile or laugh in the most eerie or evil way. When they lose it, I see only craziness. I think Kim Kang Woo has gotten it right, perceive the villain as a person who could be anyone but took the wrong step or make the wrong decision and never turned back. 

I remember when Jet Li was cast as the bad guy for the first time in his career in Lethal Weapon 4. (Yeah, showing my age here). He said something to the effect that villains don't see themselves as villains. They don't wake up and say, "I'm the bad guy" and do "villainous" things. Some may even find adequate justification in making the kind of choices that they do.

Those are the kinds of villains that fascinate me -- flawed human beings who take wrong turns and can't see where they've gone wrong. Or maybe they do but don't see themselves redeemable or deserving of redemption.

But what's also great about the CoMC is how the protagonist straddles between light and dark in a way that could seem potentially villainous. I certainly hope that they explore that.

@lotus -- The tree comment I read somewhere on the interwebs but the lamp post bit is mine. :P Actually I can't get any credit for getting the husband to watch Nine. He sort of discovered it himself. :phew:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HelloHailey

I was hoping her hair will get longer during the filming, but now it's even shorter. TT__TT Anyway she is like Dara and Emma Watson, after a while she's still beautiful no matter what.

i personally don't really like her style. To be exact, I don't like the fashion sense of her stylist, who also works for Jung Ryeo Won and Kim Go Eun. There is always something out of the place and most of the time I am like "You obviously can do better, I know with her beauty she can look stunningly gorgeous with the right dress and shoes but it's always her beauty that saves it all". Her stylist has an amazing body and she dresses very well on her own but for the people she works for... I can't understand why they still hire her.

Here I am ... the morning after. LOL Running late, of course, but I had to drop in to read and smile and giggle with everyone. And thank you so much @Jillia and @coastalbreeze and @LyraYoo and....who am I missing? (Forgive me if I missed a shout out) Anyway, thank you for filling in the vast amount blanks I have watching a live stream press con in a language I do not understand.

Chaewonnie is a class act. Seriously, first class. And she should keep her hair short...when I saw that first photo with her stunning hair and that sophisticated, sleek pant suit my mind blew. Thankfully, the picture that revealed the blue shoes brought me back to life. What was her stylist thinking? I love the shoes, just not paired with the outfit. Although, they did coordinate with KKW's suit. :P

And I seriously need to have a word with my SJR's stylist. I think this is the first time I'm disappointed with his appearance. No matter, his charm trumps everything.

The whole cast shone brilliantly. KKW has caught my attention big time. YIY is strikingly lovely and appears to have the personality to back that impression up. And of course, LJW impressed me to no end. He comes across so humble, kind and gentle. 

The PD promises us something unique. I'm gonna hold him to that promise!

credit : FB - mbc tv network

Uploaded onto FB 1 hour ago.

Five main casts of <‪#‎GoodbyeMrBlack‬> have shined the production presentation that was held today at MBC Sangam! Premieres 16th of March at 10pm(KST)

12339089_1178056088894103_75695501428055

921170_1178056188894093_3337788407136756

12829467_1178056322227413_41382133311225

Spoiler

886253_1178056138894098_6365371307458074

10443081_1178056145560764_73863825198346

10580936_1178056198894092_41816197110463

980123_1178056238894088_6227082562190405

12841424_1178056272227418_46543105644300

12248247_1178056318894080_16336508109283

12841376_1178056325560746_19546020420574

12819365_1178056315560747_36509446929573

Nothing new really as we have seen all these on the internet many hours ago. :)

1 hour ago, HelloHailey said:

Her stylist has an amazing body and she dresses very well on her own but for the people she works for... I can't understand why they still hire her

I had a good laugh. I know CW had on occasions some faux pas when it comes to styling and I've been told that it's her stylist's fault. I just didn't expect the stylist to be well dressed herself. 

I was shocked the first time I saw CW's short hair and I never really liked it until today. Together with her outfit(I don't really get the shoes though), she's like a breath of fresh air among the dime a dozen long hair female leads who always turn up in press conference in some dress.

By the way, why is KKW's tie poking out again? 

Guest HelloHailey
34 minutes ago, mulberry9 said:

@mrdimples @HelloHailey 

Cordi hates her clients :P

I'm fine with her outfit (other then that totally not fitting color for shoes). Cause, really.. she could end up with way worse outfit! So, my first reaction when I saw her today was, hallelujah!

hahaha same here. I had to admit that my first reaction was "phew. I expected worse"

But the more I look at her top, the more I hate it. and the shape of the pants.... sigh... let's not look at them any longer. Luckily she didn't stand next to Yoo In Young. Her outfit doesn't show off any curve at all and made her look shorter.

I have not followed moon before but I thought she looks good including hair n also toga black top but nevermind the almost bell bottom pants with I think a slit on the side of the pants . The blue shoe is pretty obvious. Makes a good conversation topic. She seems pretty self conscious n lnot so at ease looking down n adjusting her sleeve up seemingly fearful of a wardrobe malfunction ? Must be worrying for her. Cd be my imagination.

LLOL...I do like MCW's outfit despite it shows she's a tad bow-legged. When she moves it moves with her very gracefully. It's a runway look. And she has a beautiful shoulder. She's not all skin and bones. 

I'm curious if she grew up riding horses. The only drama of hers I've seen is The Princess' Man. And I fell in love with the character at the beginning because of her desire to ride no matter the cost. And she looked comfortable around horses. There's a naturalness working with horses that cannot be "acted" and I caught a glimpse of that naturalness. 

Hmmmm...I guess I'm the only one who loves Chaewon's new look/transformation (well yeah except for her shoes) today? Eh? Well if I'll compare it against MOTDs first movie presscon which was a total shocker for me..She gave a totally different aura today, I don't know how to explain it but she looks fierce with that haircut plus that sleek jeans. Though I must agree with @lotus, she seems uncomfortable with her tops...but I guess she's always been like that? The only time I saw her really comfortable in an event like this was during Good Doctor presscon.. That's just my opinion though. 

1 hour ago, Ginaaaa said:

I'm curious if she grew up riding horses. The only drama of hers I've seen is The Princess' Man. And I fell in love with the character at the beginning because of her desire to ride no matter the cost. And she looked comfortable around horses. There's a naturalness working with horses that cannot be "acted" and I caught a glimpse of that naturalness. 

Not sure about riding horses. But it is possible since she came from a well to do family. The one I know was that.. she grew up learning ballet. 

-edit- 

@Ginaaaa since you mentioned horse riding, then, you must give her movie, War of the Arrows a try. More horse riding scenes there and she was quite bad a** in there :)

@hershlag yah, she's always like that.. we know how media shy the girl is. Couple with the half bare shoulder top, I think she feels more concious. Agree with you about Good Doctor press con ^^

@Jillia haha.. well, you can find her stylist's pics on her (the stylist) own IG's posts. 

Sorry I think I got a little OOT on my last post..should have posted it in mcw's thread.. Ok..so about the teaser (Note: I just watched it now, wasn't able to catch it earlier).. Was talking to a friend earlier (who refuses to come here btw lol) about it and I agree with her, KKWs nailing his character, I'm not saying the others aren't, it's just that he's a scene stealer..hahaha! And just like what @LyraYoo said earlier it reminds me so much of Gaksital.. That scream!!! 

As for the chemistry department, I think it's undeniable, Chaewon's and Jinuk's chemistry is overflowing, their burning me already..hahaha! The bromance on that PANTSSYY too..lol! So I am so confident with all these talented actors we had. The only thing that I'm a little afraid now is the writing and directing.. I'll just pray for it to be as excellent as our casts!

hello chingus! thanks Captain @Jillia for creating this thread.

just saw the longer teaser and it's promising

MCW and LJW looks good together, great chemistry too!

and MCW is rocking the short hair cut!

happy to see chingus here...fellow pretty @Kasmic @mrdimples @Adwina Oltariani @jeonghyang @jadecloud @mulberry9

Archived