[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

@mktb - my dear, i bow 3 times to you and if there is an award for a pre show fan, you have my undoubted nomination ! you are awesome amazing to figure all that out with all that research ....you blew me off... absolutely...

i really dont take to that sweet tian tian manga ( eeee....) but more into the darker overtures....

ahahaha! Thanks!
The story is really interesting tbh, based on what I've read, well sort of? Just scanned for the important characters. I even asked a colleague of mine to lend me her book, because I really want to understand the story. The synopsis that were out through Karticles really bothers me, there are so many inconsistency with the characters especially to MCW's and SJR's.  
And of course, same as you I am expecting and hoping that the writer will do a good job for this wonderful classic story, and this time a KDrama adaptation of a manhwa/manga hopefully will succeed. Am I asking too much?

^_^:rolleyes:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mktb - can u moonlight cos i think you could have it all worked out and you could give good advice to the writers or ensure that they dont get out of line and cause a wreck out of a great story and a good cast...hoho...

LOL, IF only I could do that definitely that's the first thing I would do. For the sake of our biases and of course the drama. ;)

---

Btw, do you guys have any idea when will
they start filming? :)

@mktb

I was wondering about this as well. I hope they start filming soon but they have to finalize the cast first and then it depends on whether they will film oversea as well. :)

Yes, the cast is also the concern. I believe that the drama is scheduled this November?
I really hope that everything will be complete as soon as possible, we don't want any "rush" just to make ends for the drama itself and burden the actors because they have to keep up with scheduled dates, scenes and such..
:mellow::vicx:

@mktb

WOW...so you've already done your research there huh..didn't know you have time to do that..no wonder you seem so quiet in line today..Bleh..anyway.. Thank you so much for that insightful info you gave to us. Just some thoughts:

1. This is a modern day drama right? So it's safe to assume that we can omit the part of slavery? Or maybe, MCW's character would come from an abusive family? jeezz,..so makjang..hope they won't go down on this road. Also, was the original novel a fantasy one? Why is there space/planet involved in it? :sweatingbullets:

2. Lol! Basing from that short description, it's CW's character who'll be the first one to confess her love? Heol! Again?!:blink:

We better be prepared for lot of ANGST in this one as I can see a lot of betrayals that's bound to happen. I don't want to predict anything right now but I'm really hopeful the writer, the PD and the station itself (holy moly SBS,please don't butcher this one) will give justice to this adaptation.

@Jillia, captain, at first I was so excited about everything, I mean ChaeWon's comeback, her being paired with LJW, plus revenge plot, I thought "oh this could be the drama that we all have been waiting for (well at least for me)" but then, after giving it some thought, all these anxieties and worries are slowly building up on me. I had such a bad history of kdrama watching with SBS, most of my WTF kdrama moments came from dramas that this station has produced. I'm not familiar with the writer, I skipped IMY so I don't know what to expect from her either.  Ok!Lol! Enough of this negativity..Sorry..:vicx: 

I guess I just need to trust the casts on this one. I know doubts are everywhere but let's just patiently wait and watch this one with an open mind. 

@hershlag hahaha! Shhhh..you got me~ that's why I was away from line because of this research.
I bet you got confused because I got all the infos from 3 sources: The original one, the manga adaptation and I looked for some character analysis which I believed is from the manga (japanese adaptation) as well, that's why there is some sort of "fantasy feels" on the description.

1. I think it is easy for the writers to adjust the character, a modern day woman: Let's say from a wealthy family (a chaebol, which is btw too common for makjang dramas. LOL), simple as someone steal the position of owning their company, something like that. That could happen IF they are planning to adapt the drama in a modern setting. Now I want a 1950s feel. Omoooo~ I wanna see MCW wearing those classic and elegant dresses from '50s, and oh! Victorian era? MCW gonna wear a corset. LOL
Also,the planet Yanina/ Janina, why not change it as name of a company? or a place that her father leads politically? There are so many options to change for the adaptations. 
My concern is how will they execute all of it? ;)

2. The confession: I noticed that too, the character from the original story confessed first contrary on the synopsis from SBS,. Let's leave it to them, we'll see how will they change the plot and make a twist on their "lovestory". ;)

Yes! I'm with you! Let us all hope for the best! Hwaiting! :w00t: ^_^:D

Woohoo after Lee Jin Wook and Han Ji Won now i can see him pairing with Moon Chae Won. Can't believe it too fast to be real to see my dream KDrama couple hehe

Yes, definitely i'm in!  Hi to all of you..It's nice to see all updates of this upcoming drama. 

I like story about fake marriage it usually turn into real marriage :wub: 

I really missed Moon Chae Won in Kdramaland. December please come fast :D

Wow, fantastic baby! Woohoo! Ha ha. we excited or watch.  We excited for MCW!!!

hershlag

We better be prepared for lot of ANGST in this one as I can see a lot of betrayals that's bound to happen. I don't want to predict anything right now but I'm really hopeful the writer, the PD and the station itself (holy moly SBS,please don't butcher this one) will give justice to this adaptation.

I second  emotion!  :)  Better not f@#$% this drama. SBS we're watching ya!

mktb.

Whoa,  I read your pos and it helped a lot. Thanks so much!  so the central theme is betrayal and revenge. I hope MCH shows some feisty fierceness in this male..ccentric  drama.

Wow! Everybody seems to be doing their research! I'll give you an 'A' for this! :D 

I'm a bad student so I will just sit here and read your posts. Haha! Though i'll try to join your discussions whenever I get the chance. :P

I love angst so i'll already prepare my heart for this drama. 

And oh, I'm still spazzing over CW's latest Pandora pics..my gosh my gosh! Haha

Kim Kang Woo Cast in “Goodbye Mr. Black,” to Act Alongside Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won, and Song Jae Rim

Kim Kang Woo Cast in “Goodbye Mr. Black,” to Act Alongside Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won, and Song Jae Rim

Actor Kim Kang Woo will be making his return with “Goodbye Mr. Black.”

One industry insider told Daily Sports on September 22 that “Kim Kang Woo will be appearing in SBS‘ new drama ‘Goodbye Mr. Black.”

In the drama, Kim Kang Woo will portray Park Eun Chan,  a CEO of a hotel conglomerate who has grown his company into a major global business. He will be starring alongside Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won, and Song Jae Rim, who were confirmed previously.

Before this drama, Kim Kang Won starred in cable channel OCN‘s mystery drama “Missing Noir M” which aired earlier this year.

“Goodbye Mr. Black” will be produced by director Lee Chang Min of “Birth of a Beauty” and “Bride of the Sun.” It will be penned by screenwriter Moon Hee Jung, known for dramas like “Missing You” and “Can You Hear My Heart.” It is slated to premiere after the completion of upcoming drama “Village.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/21/kim-kang-woo-cast-in-goodbye-mr-black-to-act-alongside-lee-jin-wook-moon-chae-won-and-song-jae-rim/

so.. who will be the second lead actress???

One industry insider told Daily Sports on September 22 that “Kim Kang Woo will be appearing in SBS‘ new drama ‘Goodbye Mr. Black.”

In the drama, Kim Kang Woo will portray Park Eun Chan,  a CEO of a hotel conglomerate who has grown his company into a major global business. He will be starring alongside Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won, and Song Jae Rim, who were confirmed previously.

Before this drama, Kim Kang Won starred in cable channel OCN‘s mystery drama “Missing Noir M” which aired earlier this year.

“Goodbye Mr. Black” will be produced by director Lee Chang Min of “Birth of a Beauty” and “Bride of the Sun.” It will be penned by screenwriter Moon Hee Jung, known for dramas like “Missing You” and “Can You Hear My Heart.” It is slated to premiere after the completion of upcoming drama “Village.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/21/kim-kang-woo-cast-in-goodbye-mr-black-to-act-alongside-lee-jin-wook-moon-chae-won-and-song-jae-rim/

wow thanks for this update chingu! Probably Chae Won is the only lady in the drama? Lol!!!

Sounds serious stuff here...love it!

Wow! I thought KKW ( brother of the more famous one!) is a lead star in dramas but wow this is interesting n he is a good match for Ljw n I can see fierce fights as both can be intense!! 

I see healthy competition n maybe PD is trying to build in second lead syndrome for viewers. I am in but no price for my choice!! Nothing will rock that! 

I actually dislike the PD's last drama Madame butterfly - it's the story n script so I hope it will be good this time!

Kim Kang Woo perfect to play the role of the dude who betrays Mr Black!? xD

Agreed xD

Kinda dissapointing with him in Golden Cross because he failed to be pairing with Lee Shi Young

i like his acting tbh xD

who's the second lead female here ? Lee Shi Young juseyooooooo xD

The character from The Count of Monte Cristo that is perfect for his role based on the articles description:

• Character Analysis

• Monsieur Morrel is a good father, an honest businessman, and young Edmond Dantès's greatest advocate. When Edmond is arrested, who's the first one to see what's up? M. Morrel. Who's the one that keeps petitioning to get him released when most everyone else has forgotten him? M. Morrel. When Napoleon comes back into power, who's the one that tries to use their Bonapartist past as leverage? M. Morrel.
  • Even before things go bad, Morrel can tell Edmond is a good man. After all, he's willing to make the nineteen-year-old captain of his ship. So, it should come as no surprise that one of the first people Edmond visits and helps is M. Morrel – and boy does he need help. Never one to give up, he exhausts all his options in trying to save his floundering company. Rather than cry out or curse God, however, Morrel's willing to do what he thinks best in order to protect his honor and the reputation of his family. Only the intervention of the Count stops him from committing suicide.
  • Morrel's story confirms that there is justice in the world. So much of The Count of Monte Cristo is about watching bad people running out of "luck," but the Morrel story shows that good people can get what they deserve as well.

creedits to: http://www.shmoop.com/count-of-monte-cristo/m-pierre-morrel.html

• Monsieur Morrel  -  The kind, honest shipowner who was once Dantès’s boss. Morrel does everything in his power to free Dantès from prison and tries to save Dantès’s father from death. When Dantès emerges from prison, he discovers that Morrel is about to descend into financial ruin, so he carries out an elaborate plot to save his one true friend.
  • credits to: http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/montecristo/characters.html

OR could be 

• Baron Danglars -  A greedy, envious cohort of Mondego. Danglars hatches the plot to frame Dantès for treason. Like Mondego, he becomes wealthy and powerful, but loses everything when Monte Cristo takes his revenge. Danglars’s obsession with the accumulation of wealth makes him an easy target for Monte Cristo, who has seemingly limitless wealth on hand to exact his revenge.
  • credits to: http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/montecristo/characters.html

WHATCHATHINK GUYS?

Obviously, I have nothing to do. hahaha! :lol:

More cast announcements please?

About the second leading lady (Mercedes,) I am thinking that they will find an actress who has the looks of a married woman, she was engaged to the lead guy but got married to Fernand (one of the traitors). hmmmm

@mktb - don't stop! It's kind of fun. But I think he will be dantes enemy.

Yes, of course I won't. I love sharing any ideas and have a fun discussion with you guys! ;)

You think so? Based on his looks, he could pass a villain. 
My hands are itching to find the copy of the manhwa..geez 

Archived