[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

Wow this drama will be a take on the Count Of Monte Cristo set in modern day Korea and Lee Jin Wok has the dark Aura to pull it off so count me in I have to see how this writer remake this story into modern day era and hope she/he will not mess up this classic..  

@jongski,  We can't pitch our tents the weather is changing so I think we should rent a suite and charge admission what do you think.. LOL

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other casting news? aside  from  LJW and MCW?

Eagerly waiting for the release of the complete cast of this drama...

and of course for the schedule of the first script reading...

Gosh the waiting is killing me!!!!

Just in: some unconfirmed reports says Song Jae Rim is considering a role in this one.. Not sure how true is this..

Song Jaerim to join Moon Chaewon and Lee Jinwook for drama, 'Goodbye Mr. Black'

htm_2015091892344c010c011_99_20150918100

[Naver: Illgan Sports] (Exclusive) Song Jaerim's casting confirmed for 'Goodbye Mr. Black'

1. [+448, -90] Two actors that I keep wanting to see these days for no reason are Yoo Ah In and Song Jaerim

2. [+301, -47] Kyah... already looking forward to it.. I want to keep seeing Jaerim-ssi

3. [+294, -49] Song Jaerim is so charming~ He got so popular after WGM.

4. [+210, -39] I want to hurry watch this drama~~^^ curious, curious~~

5. [+183, -38] We're finally able to see him in a new drama. I want to hurry watch it. Looking forward to it.

6. [+56, -14] He even cleaned up Chef Baek's dirty dishes in Home Meal and prepared things he needed beforehand. He has nice manners and seems to work hard.

7. [+51, -12] I was already looking forward to this drama because of Lee Jinwook and Moon Chaewon, but even Song Jaerim too~~~ Wow daebak^^ I'll be waiting~~~ Song Jaerim~~ Hwaiting~~~!!!

8. [+49, -12] I'm happy that he's been promoting a lot but it's regretful that he has to cover up his handsomeness because of his character. ㅋㅋ Hwaiting!!

9. [+56, -19] Crazy, so crazy. Lee Jinwook and Song Jaerim ㅠㅠ

credit knetizone

Song Jae Rim Joins Lee Jin Wook and Moon Chae Won in “Goodbye Mr. Black”

jyWL5Y0.jpg

On September 18, a representative from SM C&C revealed to news outlet TV Report, “Song Jae Rim has been confirmed for SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Goodbye Mr. Black.’”

“Goodbye Mr. Black” involves a revenge story like that of “The Count of Monte Cristo.” Based on a comic book of the same name, the drama will cover Cha Ji Won (Black)’s tragic story of being betrayed by his friend and his subsequent quest for vengeance. The original comic book was written by Hwang Mi Na.

Song Jae Rim will portray Seo Woo Jin who is the editor-in-chief of a small publishing company. His character boasts impressive credentials as he graduates at the top of his class with a double major in law and mass communication. Apparently, he is an idealist who believes in the power of the public.

As for his co-stars, Lee Jin Wook will act as the titular Mr. Black (Cha Ji Won) who is always optimistic until he gets betrayed by his best friend. Following the betrayal, he focuses on getting revenge. Also interesting is his job as an officer in the UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) for the Navy SEALs. Moon Chae Won’s character Swan is a bit unrefined yet funny and vivacious.

The drama will be helmed by director Lee Chang Min of “Birth of a Beauty” and writer Moon Hee Jung of “I Miss You.”

“Goodbye Mr. Black” will air following “The Village” which will air after “Yong Pal” ends its run.

Are you anticipating this upcoming drama?

Credit Source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/18/song-jae-rim-joins-lee-jin-wook-and-moon-chae-won-in-goodbye-mr-black/

Moon Chae Won Gets Two Goodbye Mr. Black Male Leads in Lee Jin Wook and Song Jae Rim

Posted on September 18, 2015 by ockoala

dmBlYQZ.jpg

This has been a good week for Moon Chae Won, in the span of days she got not just one but two male costars for her upcoming SBS drama Goodbye Mr. Black, and even better is that neither is a losing proposition. Talk about win-win for Ms. Moon. Lee Jin Wook isn’t letting one stinker of an SBS drama dissuade him from doing another drama for the network again, and really who can fault him for wanting to just move on from the PPL-laden mess that was The Time I Loved You. He’ll be the titular Mr. Black to Moon Chae Won’s sweet healing leading lady in this revenge noir manhwa adapted into a K-drama.

One thing I like a lot about Lee Jin Wook is his diversity in choosing dramas and roles, just taking his last three dramas he did sageuk with The Three Musketeers, time-travel intensity in Nine: Nine Times Travels, and even tried his best to make a half-baked romance drama work in The TIme I Loved You. Add to it turning into the K-drama version of The Count of Monte Cristo, and I’d say it’s going to be interesting to see him bring the angry bitter intensity. Luckily his character is fated to meet the right girl to help him work through his demons, and maybe even lend a helping hand to his revenge plot.

In addition to Lee Jin Wook joining Goodbye Mr. Black, the drama is in talks with Song Jae Rim as the second male lead and he’s positively considering the role. It’s a high profile prime time drama, and with his rising recognition thanks to his stint in We Got Married, this would be a drama with solid potential to join. Lee Jin Wook’s character is a Navy Seal Team member that conducts underwater demolition missions, and one day he’s cruelly betrayed by his best friend and loses everything. He decides to get revenge and pretend marries Moon Chae Won’s character to further his plan, but her rough and tumble but optimistic personality helps heal his emotional wounds. Song Jae Rim is playing the editor of a small magazine publication who likes writing positive articles and believes in the power of the masses over the power of the law to get justice. He’s got all the attractive features but isn’t interested in women and focuses on his career.

Credit Source: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/18/moon-chae-won-gets-two-goodbye-mr-black-male-leads-in-lee-jin-wook-and-song-jae-rim/#more-70167

This drama is getting better to me by the day since I am very fond of Song Jaerim too. I watched abit of him on WGM. Wondering if he will be a friend or foe to Mr Black.

I hope they get a good 2nd female lead too, its going to be an ex gf, but it will be nice to have someone likeable to watch.

I think a successful drama usually has a cast that are all likeable, and fitting for their characters.

@40somethingahjumma lets guess where they will go for the filming in oz,perth?melbourne?tasmania?:D

@qwenli

What's wrong with the eastern seaboard?

You've managed to pick all the places I hope they won't be filming in. :lol: Anyway, I'll be watching this space very closely for more updates regarding filming locations. ;)

@lotus -- Yes, I come from a land down under. :D

I've always loved the Count of Monte Cristo especially the bit where Edmund Dantes escapes from the island. I wonder if we'll get something like that in this version. It's probably my favourite revenge story ever.

Just in: some unconfirmed reports says Song Jae Rim is considering a role in this one.. Not sure how true is this..

Ha ha. And I was just asking earlier about other casting news.. there we go. SJR.  His role..is he the best friend who betrayed the leader navy (ljw.character) I'm not familiar with the actor. Though I once saw him in the drama (unkind women?) I'm also not familiar with WGM. Is he a good?

Ha ha. And I was just asking earlier about other casting news.. there we go. SJR.  His role..is he the best friend who betrayed the leader navy (ljw.character) I'm not familiar with the actor. Though I once saw him in the drama (unkind women?) I'm also not familiar with WGM. Is he a good?

He caught my attention 1st as the King's loyal bf / bodyguard in "Moon Embracing the Sun" and his apple-shaped butt in "Surplus Princess".

Ahh finally~
I am always surprised with MCW, such a ninja girl. I've been clueless about her whereabouts these past few months, little did know that she will be back with a new drama by the end of this year. :sweatingbullets:
Got excited over this drama since she and my other bias (SJR) will be on my screen this coming November! Yay!:w00t:
But I'm still hoping that the story will be good since so many articles with inconsistency about mcw's character really bothers me. *cross-fingers*

As far as I remember with the articles that came out today, he will play the character of a guy who strongly believes in justice, owns a small company? he has good features and not interested in women. He is a good actor, imo. If you are familiar with the drama The Moon Embracing the Sun, he plays the role Kim Soo Hyun's loyal bodyguard: he look different there since he was skinny.His character is a cool, quiet guy. lol But SJR portrayed the character really well, this is where his career as an actor recognized by many.

Song Jae-rim added to revenge drama Goodbye Mr. Black

by javabeans | September 18, 2015

xpfbfWq.jpg

Good news: Song Jae-rim (Age of Feeling, Unkind Women) has joined SBS’s upcoming drama Goodbye Mr. Black, which is already on my radar for what sounds like an entertaining plot (love those get-a-new-identity-and-get-revenge stories) and two stars I love, Lee Jin-wook (Time I’ve Loved You) and Moon Chae-won (Good Doctor). The downside, I suppose, is that this means Song Jae-rim’s adding another supporting role to his resumé. He’ll be a lead someday, right?

The drama is based on a manhwa series from the ’80s that centers around a man who is betrayed by his best friend, who then returns with a new name to uncover the truth and get his revenge. He’ll be played by Lee Jin-wook, and Moon Chae-won will play the woman who fake-marries him as a way to help his mission.

It’s not yet clear how Song Jae-rim will connect with them, but we do know he’ll play a man who’s the CEO of a very small publisher and also a news editor. The character boasts impressive academic credentials, having entered the top law school in the nation at the top of the class, with a double major in mass media and communications. He believes in the power of the media over the law, and that that’s the power of the people. Despite his good looks and physique, those go hidden underneath outdated glasses and his only suit (for shame!), and he’s never been in a romantic relationship before. I know, it’s hard to believe, but that’s what suspension of disbelief is for.

Goodbye Mr. Black comes from the director of Birth of a Beauty and the writer of Can You Hear My Heart and I Miss You. The drama will follow Village: Secret of Achiara and premieres in November on SBS.

Credit Source:http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/song-jae-rim-added-to-revenge-drama-goodbye-mr-black/

Song Jae Rim Joins The Cast Of 'Goodbye Mr. Black'

BY Julie Jones | Sep 18, 2015 12:42 PM EDT

8GyIqtK.jpg

Lucky Moon Chae Won. Not only does she have Lee Jin Wook as a co-star in her upcoming drama "Goodbye Mr. Black," but now she also has Song Jae Rim.

According to the Korean media outlet TV Report, Song Jae Rim confirmed his participation in the drama.

Song, who appeared in the dramas "The Idle Mermaid" and "Unkind Ladies," will play Seo Woo Jin, the editor of a small publishing company. After beginning his career as a runway model, Song debuted as an actor in "The Moon Embracing The Sun" and played an assassin in the thriller "Two Weeks." He became popular after appearing on the reality show "We Got Married," where he was paired with actress Kim So Eun.

His character Seo Woo Jin is good looking, smart and well educated but, according to this drama's synopsis, has never been in love. Seo believes in the ability of the media to positively shape public perception.

The drama is based on the 80s manhwa "Goodbye Mr. Black," which was inspired by the Alexandre Dumas novel, "The Count of Monte Cristo."

Not having read the manhwa, it's hard to tell how the character Seo Woo Jin fits into this revenge tale about a man who is exiled after a friend betrays him. That man Cha Ji Won, played by Lee Jin Wook, does not remain in exile. He returns to Korea in search of revenge. To do so he adopts a new identity. As part of his false identity, the former Navy Seal brings along a pretend wife, played by Moon Chae Won. The characters are married in name only but even a fake marriage can make it harder for Moon's character to find the man of her dreams. Could it be Song Jae Rim's character? Or will she fall for her pretend husband?

Before he was betrayed Cha Ji Won was an optimistic man but now he is bitter and wants to hurt those who betrayed him. Moon Chae Won's character is equally disillusioned by life and helps Cha Ji Won enact vengeance.

Lee Chang Min, who directed "Birth of a Beauty," will direct "Goodbye Mr. Black." Moon Hee Jung, who wrote the screenplay for "I Hear Your Voice" and "Missing You," adapted the manhwa.

The Wednesday-Thursday drama is scheduled to begin in November after "The Village - Secret of Achiaria."

Have you read the manhwa? Any more clues as to how this plot will shape up? If you have, let us know.

Credit Source:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/97757/20150918/song-jae-rim-joins-the-cast-of-goodbye-mr-black.htm

Another "phishing" article from DramaFever.  Please make sure to click on "awesome' or 'hot' or whatever other button you fancy.

And please add a comment of support for the drama, and asking them to bring it to us.

Song Jae Rim joins Moon Chae Won and Lee Jin Wook in Goodbye Mr. Black

1a69c470-26a1-40c1-a33b-d5c146b5ef87.jpg

Song Jae Rim has confirmed his role as the second male lead in upcoming manhwa-to-drama adaptation Goodbye Mr. Black. He joins Moon Chae Won and Lee Jin Wook, who previously confirmed their participation in the series.

Goodbye Mr. Black is based on a manhwa by Hwang Min Ah that was first published in 1983. The story is an updated take on Alexander Dumas's classic novel The Count of Monte Cristo,where a man who was betrayed by his best friend returns years later under an assumed identity to exact his revenge.

Lee Jin Wook will be playing "Mr. Black" Cha Ji Won, an underwater demolition officer in the Navy Special Operations Force who faces hardships after his friend's betrayal. He meets Swan, a bright young woman who pretends to marry him in order to help him with his plans.

Song Jae Rim's character is Seo Woo Jin, the editor of a small newspaper who believes in the power of the people. In spite of his good looks and his high academic achievement, he has never been in a romantic relationship, and his looks go unnoticed under rumpled and unstylish clothing

It's not clear how his character is involved with Mr. Black and Swan, but this character description sounds much more like sweet second male lead than villain so far. On the one hand, that's great because I want to root for Song Jae Rim, but on the other hand, I don't know if my heart can really handle watching him lose out on love yet again! Sigh. So often the second lead, so very rarely the lead.

Goodbye Mr. Black is scheduled to premiere in November on SBS following the conclusion ofThe Village: Achiara's Secret

What do you think of Song Jae Rim's new role and the rest of the cast? Are you looking forward to this series? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Please comment on DramaFever Blog.

Archived