• Director: Lee So Yeon
  • Writer: Kim Hyun Hee
  • Network: KBS2
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date:  Jan.11, 2016 to March 15, 2016
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
  • Language: Korean

Plot

The global youth action drama centers around four leading characters who are classmates at Moorim School, where they teach virtue, honor, and life skills instead of the usual spec-building curriculum of most schools.

Lee Hyun Woo will be headlining as an idol — the leader and singer-songwriter of a top idol group who experiences a sudden fall from grace and ends up having to enroll at Moorim School. He’s a musical genius, with a sensitive and prickly personality to match. He starts out thinking that the entire universe revolves around him, and will eventually learn to meaningfully coexist with others.

Hong Bin plays a troublemaker rich kid who becomes Lee Hyun-woo’s roommate, and the two prickly boys will strike up a friendship.

Seo Ye Ji plays the heroine, a hard-working girl who takes care of her blind father on her own and has to attend Murim School in secret.

and Jung Yoo Jin rounds out the leading foursome as the daughter of the school’s chancellor. She’s an ace student who can’t stand to see injustice happen around her.

Cr: -- Drambeans

Notes

1. Takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Oh My Venus"
  2. Yook Sung Jae ('BTOB') was first offered the lead male role, but declined.
  3. First script reading took place October 6, 2015 at KBS Annex Broadcasting Station in Yeouido, South Korea.

Cast

Cr: --Asianwiki

Script Reading Stills ~

Spoiler

Murim7.jpg

Murim5.jpg

Murim6.jpg

Murim8.jpg

Murim9.jpg

Murim4.jpg

credit: to owner

First Stills:

Spoiler

Murim2.jpg

Murim3.jpg

Murim1.jpg

credit: to owner

official streaming links :viki |

Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

01. Don't post any requests for subs!

02. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

03. Don't quote images.

04. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

05. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

06.  Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

07. Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

08. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Soompi Tv, Viki, Dramafever or Cruncyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

09. please give credit to where credit is due.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VIXX’s Hongbin Confirmed, Seo Ye Ji in Talks for “Moorim School”

VIXX’s Hongbin Confirmed, Seo Ye Ji in Talks for “Moorim School”

VIXX‘s Hongbin has been cast as the male lead in KBS2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Moorim School,” scheduled to premiere in January 2016.

According to MBN Star, actress Seo Ye Ji is the most likely candidate to play the female lead, but she has yet to accept the casting offer for the role of Shim Soon Duk.

Hongbin will be playing a character named Wang Chi Ang. The role was previously offered to BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae and Lee Hyun Woo, but it appears the negotiations ultimately fell through.

Described as an ‘action romance’ drama, “Moorim School” goes beyond the conventional grades and career paths to discuss deeper school-related themes such as faith, honesty, communication, and relationships.

Source (1)

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Lee Hyun-woo confirms action romance drama Murim School

by girlfriday | September 14, 2015 |

LeeHyunWoo1.jpg

Now I’m torn. Lee Hyun-woo (Battle of Yeonpyeong, Scholar Who Walks the Night) was courted early on to headline KBS’s upcoming youth drama Murim School, but after losing Yook Sung-jae and securing secondary cast members Seo Ye-ji (Last) and VIXX’sHongbin (Feel-Good Day), I was considerably less excited for Lee Hyun-woo to confirm. But he ended up signing on to play the main character after all, which I guess means I have to watch this now?

The global youth action drama centers around four leading characters who are classmates at Murim School, where they teach virtue, honor, and life skills instead of the usual spec-building curriculum of most schools. “Murim” means martial arts world, and though there seems to be more of a focus on the principles of martial arts rather than the fighting, it IS called an action romance drama. So I hope to see some cool fight scenes to justify the concept.

Lee Hyun-woo will be headlining as an idol — the leader and singer-songwriter of a top idol group who experiences a sudden fall from grace and ends up having to enroll at Murim School. He’s a musical geeeeenius, with a sensitive and prickly personality to match. He starts out thinking that the entire universe revolves around him, and will eventually learn to meaningfully coexist with others.

Hongbin plays a troublemaker rich kid who becomes Lee Hyun-woo’s roommate, and the two prickly boys will strike up a friendship. Seo Ye-ji plays the heroine, a hard-working girl who takes care of her blind father on her own and has to attend Murim School in secret. And newbie Jung Yoo-jin (Heard It Through the Grapevine) rounds out the leading foursome as the daughter of the school’s chancellor. She’s an ace student who can’t stand to see injustice happen around her.

Directing is PD Lee So-yeon of Baby-Faced Beauty and Prime Minister and I, and writing is Kim Hyun-hee of Sincerity Moves Heaven and 21st Century Family. I really don’t expect it to live up to the grandiose paradigm-shifting global phenomenon drama that KBS is making it out to be, but I’d settle for cute coming-of-age drama, with a side of action.

Murim School will air on Mondays and Tuesdays in January 2016.

JungYooJin1.jpg
Jung Yoo-jin

source

Well, looks like both main lead, strong enough for this drama. Althought i think the story just like common in kdramaland. But, seo yeji so cute in running man. And ppl get jealous of her, she did cf with kim soo hyun and playing as lover with gdragon. Hahahaaa Lets hope for the best ! 

I can't help but to LOL on your post @valsava - Sam Okyere can converse very well in Korean and I've seen him on few variety shows but I am not very familiar with Daniel Lindemann (I could have missed him in some of the variety shows). I believe there are quite a number of Africans working in South Korea (if you watch variety show, "My Neighbor, Charles").  These foreigners are in demand on casting for Professor, Lecturer or teacher roles.  Actor Fabien Carbineau was in "High School Love On" and Sam Hammington cameo in KBS : "School 2015 - Who are you?".  

I can't help but to LOL on your post @valsava - Sam Okyere can converse very well in Korean and I've seen him on few variety shows but I am not very familiar with Daniel Lindemann (I could have missed him in some of the variety shows). I believe there are quite a number of Africans working in South Korea (if you watch variety show, "My Neighbor, Charles").  These foreigners are in demand on casting for Professor, Lecturer or teacher roles.  Actor Fabien Carbineau was in "High School Love On" and Sam Hammington cameo in KBS : "School 2015 - Who are you?".  

@felicia-soh,  I'm trying to talk her into coming to Korea with us next fall but that's like pulling teeth with no numner

Former member of boy group U-Kiss, Alexander Lee Eusebio was cast in KBS 2TV (scheduled to broadcast in January 2016) "Moorim School". This will be Alexander first appearance in a national TV drama.

크기변환_11알렉산더_kbs_새_월화드라마_무림학교_엽정役_전격_캐스팅_.jpg

Source

Note : I think there will be more casting coming up since they need to engage around 20 youth (with a mixture of international) to make up the school members.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on casting....these actors/singers are the latest casting confirmation, Shin Hyun-joon, Baek Sin-woo, Hwang In-young, Shannon, Z.Hera and Kan Mi-yeon

Actor Shin Hyun-joon

L20151001.99002002823i1.jpg

Rookie Actor Baek Sin-woo

20151005_1444021019_04527900_1.jpg

Actress Hwang In-young

Singer Shannon

샤넌, ‘무림학교’로 연기 도전 “무술 연습 매진 중..최선 다하겠다”

Singer Z.Hera

201510061809301114_1.jpg

Actress Kan Mi-yeon

201510050734776994_5611ab684b07d.jpg

First Script Reading....

jwch620151008102351_P_03_C_1.jpg

Source via NAVER

Guest adikkeluangman

“Moorim School” Cast Have a Blast During Their First Script Reading

The cast of the upcoming action-romance drama “Moorim School” had their first script reading together.

moorim-school.jpg

The script reading took place on October 6, where producer Lee So Yeon, Shin Hyun Joon, Lee Hyun Woo, Seo Ye Ji, VIXX’s Hongbin, Jung Yoo Jin, Sam Okyere, Kan Mi Yeon, and so many more actors filled the room.

“Please read comfortably,” producer Lee So Yeon told them, as they began reading. As they read, the actors did such a great job that people wondered, “Is this their actual personality?” The atmosphere became very energetic and the room was filled with laughter not too long after they began. During their break time, the cast took selfies with each other and became good friends in a short amount of time.

Meanwhile, “Moorim School” will air in January 2016 on KBS.

moorim-school2.jpgmoorim-school3.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/08/moorim-school-cast-have-a-blast-during-their-first-script-reading/

Long time ago, when the news about this drama been up I read about Nichkhun in talk to act in this. I guess it not happening now. So this drama will be the first high school drama for next year. Yeay, Shin Hyun Joon is in. I bet he love his KBS so much. With script reading as early as 3 months before. I hope it will be like they will be filming and half-produced for the series.

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
First look at Murim School’s bad boy bromance
by girlfriday | October 15, 2015 |

Murim2.jpg

Cameras are rolling on the set of Murim School, KBS’s new youth action romance drama about students at a school inspired by the martial arts. Lee Hyun-woo (Scholar Who Walks the Night) and VIXX’s Hongbin (Feel-Good Day) are featured in the drama’s first shoot, on their very first mission after enrolling at the school. Whatever their task is, it involves climbing trees at the top of a mountain to retrieve a hidden target, which sounds a lot like a Kung-Fu Panda mission to me. Or the army.

The drama is about an unconventional school that teaches martial arts as a way of life, focusing on lessons of virtue, honor, sacrifice, and survival rather than your run-of-the-mill resume-packing courses. Lee Hyun-woo headlines as a bad boy idol superstar who suffers a fall from grace and has to enroll in Murim School. I guess that explains the idol hair, which looks pretty good on him (okay, what wouldn’t look good on him). His character is described as a geeeenius singer-songwriter with a prickly disposition who thinks the whole world revolves around him.

He gets into the school thanks to its president, played by Shin Hyun-joon (Oohlala Spouses), and ends up roommates with Hongbin. Hongbin’s character is a rich boy, a carefree type of troublemaker who’s used to doing what he wants, and he strikes up a friendship with Lee Hyun-woo. They’re promising a big bromance, though I have to wonder how they’ll top Sassy Go Go’s Lee Won-geun and Ji-soo, who are killing me right now.

Seo Ye-ji (Last) is a hardworking girl who attends Murim School secretly, while taking care of her blind father. Jung Yoo-jin (Heard It Through the Grapevine) plays Shin Hyun-joon’s daughter and the school’s ace student. The drama boasts a global cast, including teachers Sam Okyere (Warm and Cozy), Daniel Lindemann (Abnormal Summit), Kan Mi-yeon (Kill Me, Heal Me), and Shin Sung-woo (My Happy Home).

I hope there’s going to be some high-flying action on the way, and is it too much to hope that they learn that old-school style of martial arts, where you walk on bamboo trees and throw fireballs at each other? I mean, if you’re going to have a school that teaches fighting skills, wouldn’t it be more fun to be a superhero academy?

Murim School plans to air on Mondays and Tuesdays in January.

Murim1.jpg

Murim3.jpg

Murim7.jpg

Murim5.jpg

Murim6.jpg

Murim8.jpg

Murim9.jpg

Murim4.jpg

Via Chosun Ilbo

cr: Dramabeans

Very United Nations kdrama :P

But waiting to watch this. I only know SYJ ha ha. I dunno who the others. Hope I'll like this.. for something fun. At least it looks like they're it's not like a High school setting (right?) w/c is good.. haha

Archived