[Drama 2016] Moorim School 무림학교 | Thank You for Watching ~

Seiran029

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, twin-twin said:

[+21, -3] 'Magic Kid Masuri' was a much better show than this. Lee Hyun Woo's not a bad actor but he doesn't have a good eye for dramas. His agency is the problem. He's wasting his talents here

The thing is, he's in KeyEast, which is a big company and they can get him a lot of projects. He was in Secretly, Greatly and Northern Limit Line doing roles that were perfect for him. But at the same time they manage actors like Kim Soo hyun who have a more mature image and "the face/ height" to star in lead roles already.

Lee Hyun Woo has a baby face and his image is sort of perfect to play the second male lead so for him to star in a leading role this time I think is a good thing. So I don't necessarily think he's wasting his talents with this drama. Afterall, he finally gets a lead role in a prime time drama and he might actually get the girl this time LOL (*cough*TTBY, god of study*cough*) 

Not to mention he buffed up for this role and damn the eye candy is delicious.

i wish it the drama will not become like dream high2. I like dream high2 in the early episode only.

These type of drama need to watched with open heart. i think they should insert some comical relief so viewer doesnt think this drama as serious drama like what most non-logic japanese drama did. I mean during the cooking scene, they should show it in a comical way instead oh "I'm awesome I can avoid the food". that is why people found the drama cringe worthy

i dunno if i will watch the drama till the end. but at least the heroin is a kickasss heroin and i wish she stay like that.

I don't think the drama is that bad. At least people claim to be addicted to it and can't stop watching it which is better that not being able to watch it. Also Hyun Woo is doing a good job as Shi Woo and I also like that the two leading ladies are on good terms unlike other dramas where second female leads roles revolved torturing the heroine. I also like that fact that the heroine is a kickass and doesn't take caps from the boys which is another plus point. If you read the comments on dramafever and viki, most people claim to like it and love the supernatural elements. My only complaint is that the second male lead seem green in many scenes and I hope he'll improve as the drama goes on. Also the foreigners in this drama doesn't seem out of places like in most k-dramas and the English spoken are not cringe worthy. To me the second episode was better than the first because is introduced more interesting plots especially concerning Shi Woo background and the potential of him being the barrier breaker.

7 hours ago, cyang923 said:

how was the rating for the first 2 episodes?

here are the ratings .. as expected it was pretty bad :( .. and I'm more worried how it dropped more on the 2nd ep :tears:

Date Episode TNmS (%) AGB Nielsen (%)
Nationwide Seoul Nationwide Seoul
2016-01-11 01 5.4
n/a?
n/a?
2016-01-12 02 5.2
n/a?
n/a?

1 hour ago, soso143 said:

Does anyone want to make a GroupMe for this drama?

great idea :) .. but not sure if I'll have time for it, with my 2nd term starting next week :sweatingbullets: 

7 hours ago, gregandchau_at_gmail.com_stv said:

Oh @Sieran029, thanks for correcting my misconception about who the female lead is. So from 2nd Ep I can see that Mermaid is the  heroine to SW hero.  I thought 2nd ep was a bit slow, would of liked more super natural abilities to be displayed.  I need to watch with subb to either ship mermaid with SW or suffer 2nd lead shipping!!! 

Honestly .. I'm not too fond of mermaids character, she's the typical kdrama lead (only plus point is her kickassness ^_^) .. 

on the other hand I'm enjoying HB's character despite him playing the typical chaebol guy, I loved how he instead of being mean to our heroine before growing to love her (like usual chaebol sons), he was sweet to our heroine since the beginning ~ [this kinda reminds me of Chang Soo from High Society :D one of my fav characters of all time]

that's why I'm shipping the sweet relationship of HB and mermaid rather than the love hate relationship that's coming ahead of SW and mermaid . 

15 hours ago, supreme1 said:

just watched ep 2.

I'm gonna be honest but the only good thing in this drama is Lee Hyun woo and maybe Jung Yoo jin LOL. Hongbin is okay but his acting is a bit forced and Alexander annoys the hell out of me with his English TT_TT 

But Lee Hyunwoo though... his acting has always been good and I did wonder why he chose this drama which is a bit...shaky in terms of plot and the limited capacity of Korean production teams right now with fantasy/action dramas. But oh well, one more role in his repertoire~ 

totally agree with you about the cast ..

Out of all Moorim students only three of them are real actors, LHW, the best of them so far. JYJ, a rookie but pretty good actress. SYJ, she's a well known actress but her character SD is nothing new and i can already guess  how it'll develop. the rest of them are all idol actors. at least HB's acting is bearable .. but the others are just so cringeworthy :vicx:

Also poor ranting does not means that this drama is bad because we all know the track records of dramas airing in this time slot.  Not have reached 10% marks even Oh my venus with A-lister did reach it. Also previous teen  dramas like School 2015, Sassy go go also had law rantings and not so wonderful first week response but improved as the drama went on. Given the response from online streaming,  I have a feeling that this drama will follow the footsteps of its predecessors and be loved more internationally than at home. 

Exactly, low rantings was expected given whom their're competing against.  What matters now days apart from good rantings is being love whether at home or internationally. I like the drama so far with all its flaws and hope that they will not cut the episodes short and that it will continue to receive positive responses from viewers

i just finished ep 2 and damnnnn!!!! my hyun woo rocks <3 at this point i don't really know who to ship, but i LURV the principal's daughter ( if thats his real kid ) adoration to hyun woo HAHAHA . I'm extremely curious about SW's background too , i mean he and the principal have this some sort of ? supernatural power , i guess

and by the way , did you guys see the bts at the end of the episode ?!! ye ji and hyun woo looks so damn cute in that motorcycle-riding scene i might actually be shipping the IRL :wub:

4 hours ago, supreme1 said:

The thing is, he's in KeyEast, which is a big company and they can get him a lot of projects. He was in Secretly, Greatly and Northern Limit Line doing roles that were perfect for him. But at the same time they manage actors like Kim Soo hyun who have a more mature image and "the face/ height" to star in lead roles already.

Lee Hyun Woo has a baby face and his image is sort of perfect to play the second male lead so for him to star in a leading role this time I think is a good thing. So I don't necessarily think he's wasting his talents with this drama. Afterall, he finally gets a lead role in a prime time drama and he might actually get the girl this time LOL (*cough*TTBY, god of study*cough*) 

Not to mention he buffed up for this role and damn the eye candy is delicious.

i so totally agreeeee ! i love him in those action roles ( secretly greatly , the technician ) BUT BOY I MISS HIM in a light-hearted , cute teen drama ..like really tho .. i mean in those action movies , he didn't get any love interest ( which is totally normal ) , but everytime he starred in a drama , he always got the second lead ( its understandable though , because he carries this innocent youthful image ) , even in God of Study i rooted for him!!! eventho i like YSH also ...

Finally , man he got a lead role !!!! and he got the girl!!!! after all those years geeezz . after LHW , I'm hoping for ji soo to get the girl ( i know he gets the girl in page turner , and KSH at that , but wth is it only 3 episodes -_____-), drama gods please make it happen ! 

wait..can someone clarify who are the couples here..

if they have four leads..why not just keep them separate..why unnecessarily have all four love each other.. you know like second lead in love with heroine and first lead obviously in love with heroine...and second lead actress in love with hero..

baaah!

This is what i want : Ariel and rich kid; pretty savior and idol

But this is what i feel is gonna happen: rich kid loves ariel whol loves idol; pretty savior loves idol whol loves ariel.. and thats insane..

The pairings are confusing but I like Shi Woo and Seon Dook Pairing just like @sutcliff, however there is a possibility that these 2 lead characters will be paired to the 2nd leads. BUT i go for my first OTP :blush:

Does anyone here notice that Hongbin looks like Bae yoong Joon??  

Does anybody here knows the title of the song played when Hongbin saw Seon Dook with white laundry??? thanks.

Edit:  ahhh finally i was able to search the song its entitled King by Vixx (just as i thought) hope the link shows here https://youtu.be/UvXHgylF7Ys now all i need is the complete song :)

3 hours ago, counsel05 said:

The pairings are confusing but I like Shi Woo and Seon Dook Pairing just like @sutcliff, however there is a possibility that these 2 lead characters will be paired to the 2nd leads. BUT i go for my first OTP :blush:

Does anyone here notice that Hongbin looks like Bae yoong Joon??  

Does anybody here knows the title of the song played when Hongbin saw Seon Dook with white laundry??? thanks.

Edit:  ahhh finally i was able to search the song its entitled King by Vixx (just as i thought) hope the link shows here https://youtu.be/UvXHgylF7Ys now all i need is the complete song :)

:blink: ????? i thought the "The King" track is the one playing at Hongbin's motorcycle scene... since it's the one circulating after episode one along w/ Alive. and i believe that was the track since i can clearly hear Ravi's voice unless the "Run" song that listed on the ending credit (w/ The King & Alive) is also a VIXX song:blink:.

If i am not mistaken there already 4-5 tracks that are played, the other one is sang by a girl... i'm thinking it probably sang by Z.Hera since there is an info about her singing a ost for the show (or it might not be her). 

12540669_1311249082234649_39630139395540

and about the pairing i think it will end up  Shiwoo-SeonDook and Wang Chiang- Eugene, since even before the promotional pics... they gave me the vibe that i felt for DongJae-SooAh of Sassy GoGo ---> (even though they are vague about the 2nd loveline. i want to confirm those feeling that's why i searched for their interviews, and somehow N and CSB interview point towards that and even at the presscon LMAO) and after seeing the promotional pics i'm even more inclined that this will be the pairing, someone on twitter actually cropped it XD (i hope my guts feeling is right this time, LOL beside i am not yet shipping that hard since this is a love square)

-EDIT-

I am currently re-watching episode 2 and probably the song playing at ShinWoo reminiscing about the CEO is the "Run" song (i keep hearing run-run-run)  or probably the one you posted (since i heard "running" too LMAO my mind is a messed now because of this songs OMG!!! TT_TT

17 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

baaah!

This is what i want : Ariel and rich kid; pretty savior and idol

But this is what i feel is gonna happen: rich kid loves ariel whol loves idol; pretty savior loves idol whol loves ariel.. and thats insane..

I want that pairing too! .. I’m still not comfortable with the names so ..The Heir and chicken girl Ariel, kpop star and principal’s daughter. The drama poster though :(

The english speaking bad guy is fine with me. I’m not bothered by his english but his earrings distracted me.

Aaaand I’m ready for episode 3 :)

Was pleasantly surprised ~ way better than I expected!!

Overall, the main cast (so far) have given decent -to- great portrayals of their individual characters ^^

Drama, action, comedy, suspense, fantasy, etc. ... and that's just within the 1st episode alone.

A lot was put into this drama and to say the least, there's an air of mystery to "Moorim School" that makes it somewhat intriguing.. Plot-wise, it may not make much sense now, but in future episodes the uncertainty or "unknown" will slowly unravel~ Lol        

Watching the first 2 episodes I had this feeling of JDrama (like Mei chan no Shitsuji), some Gu Family Book and a bit Harry Potterish not to mention I thought it was a snitch someone released lol.

A rich kid who frequently uses his father’s name yet cowers from the same man, bratty all around with a touch of sweetness towards his mermaid and mother. Another kid, maybe grew up in an orphanage who became an instant music celebrity. Consistent hard shell, level of selfishness still unknown but tries his best in the classes. Can’t decide who is better.

Why did Shi Woo run away anyway? The paparazzis were already there and I do think he made the situation worse by leaving the girl behind. 

Who is the comatosed man? 

Why did principal’s daughter see fire as an obstacle? Was she also there in the housefire of Shi Woo? family friends? Was she the kid in the opening runaway scene? 

Some awkward acting like Seon Ah waiting for rich kid and Ariel’s conversation to end and rich kid in most scenes, some or a lot of weird/abrupt editing that I hope are intentional and will make sense in the coming episodes. 

Right now I am hoping the whole drama have already finished filming and that they won’t cut the episodes down. I have only watched Lee Hyun Woo in To the Beautiful You or something title and I’m not ashamed to say I sincerely hope this will not become considered a failed project.

Just read the recap in DB. For those who love anime like me, maybe attracted to this drama. I never feel old watching anime or school story myself but I avoided watching them in front of others. They find it too childish or immaturish. I dont care as long as I enjoy them. I'll check this drama again after a few episodes. Hopefully it will turn out great!

Archived