What are your important goals right now

MissAria

Before, my most important goals were to complete my bachelor degree and after that find a job. Finding love is a goal that I give up, there's a saying that love find you... 

Now, that I achieved the 2 goals, my interest changed and I want to do a different career. This means, I need to go back to school. Not all the courses are interesting, I'm not very motivated , and I want to keep my job full-time to earn money & work experience, to become totally independent financially and to travel. So, instead of studying full-time and graduate as fast as possible. I'm studying part-time, work full-time and preparing my traveling plans. 

Because, I'm fed up of all the studying. I've spend all my life studying, listening to my mom restrictions, never go out. I miss having fun and discover the world.

INSP117MarkTwainExploreDreamDiscover-01.

So, what are your important goals right now?

Guest severus

1. Eat good food 

2. Expand my network 

3. Find an opportunity to move out of Canada, to somewhere with a stock exchange

4. Spend more time with my gramps 

1/ more hours + more pay, get all my trainning in so i can do more at work

2/ focus on my life & less on my bf

3/ finish 2 more lessons of CE classes

4/ find another part time job to keep my mind busy

5/ sort out my feelings/emotions. Not to let it gets the best of me !! I literally bawling out on bf the other night; and I am completely so embarrassed when he reminds me about it again ...

One of my important goals right now is to write a great first novel and evolve into a greater author overtime. I want to be recognized not only for the story itself but also for the way I tell the stories and for my writing style. I can speak Chinese but I can't read or write most Chinese characters. Once I learn more languages I also want to be able to write a story in Chinese and whatever languages I master. I've taken 3 years of Spanish, 2 semesters of French, 1 semester of Mandarin and I want to learn Japanese as well.

I also want to travel the world. If I'm really, really lucky then I would also meet my dream man who understands me and travel the world with him.

If I can, I would want to find a way to work with animals and children.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll probably think of more later.

Before in my early 20s I wanted a stable job (after my studies), enjoy life (eat well, hang out with friends, etc) and travel.
Now I am closer to my 30s, I've learned to save and I have come to a point in my life where I want to have my own place. I still enjoy eating good food and spending time with friends but it is more moderately. I also would like to find love but I am not desperate. :wub:

I wanna purchase my own home. Right now i am living in my parents home. 

Me too, I want to purchase my own home... A house is expensive. So, I thought a condo but I hear a lot of disadvantage owning a condo, except that it is cheaper than a house... Still, I can't buy because it's a lot of money (property maintenance, taxes, insurance) and I need a stable job too.  

It's easier to own a property with 2 salaries than 1. My mom keeps saying : forget about buying a property, do that when you'll get married.

Well, I'm single who knows if I will get married one day or not. So, I can only plan my life as it is right now.-_- 

Guest KoreanPopFan

I've recently graduated so there are several goals that I want to pursue.
1. I want to find a decent job.
2. Have enough money for food and traveling.
3. Have enough money to move out. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/9/2015 at 11:42 AM, halfmoonsmile said:

One of my important goals right now is to write a great first novel and evolve into a greater author overtime. I want to be recognized not only for the story itself but also for the way I tell the stories and for my writing style. I can speak Chinese but I can't read or write most Chinese characters. Once I learn more languages I also want to be able to write a story in Chinese and whatever languages I master. I've taken 3 years of Spanish, 2 semesters of French, 1 semester of Mandarin and I want to learn Japanese as well.

I also want to travel the world. If I'm really, really lucky then I would also meet my dream man who understands me and travel the world with him.

If I can, I would want to find a way to work with animals and children.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll probably think of more later.

That sounds like a fun journey.  How is your progress so far?  How much of the book did you get done?

If interested, check out this post and put in 'your' story!

I'm aiming to ACTUALLY do all these in 2016:

1) Understand my body — Get fit and healthy; learn to cook meals for what my body will take in well (trying to work in more Omegas, fiber, and vitamin B); Be around 25 percent body fat 

2) Travel, get inspired — Road trip on the East Coast; Travel to Paris and the countryside of France

3) Sell my work — Score some freelance gigs on the side, get experience

4) Meditate — Specifically mindfulness meditation. I did it for half a year, and I'd like to work it back into my routine 

5) Decorate — My house is really bare right now. I've been meaning to get a daybed for the living room and a full corner workstation for my office but I keep putting it off and spending my money elsewhere (lol)

6) Maintain a balance — I'm not always going to be happy, and I won't always succeed, but I can at least accept that I won't and can't be or do everything. 

OK, that looks like a long list right now but I WILL DO IT. Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated too.  :grin:

• 2 months later...

transfering closer to home, learn as much as I can about my job & do it well

going back to school for a better future!

settle down & get marry in a few years

having good small circle of friends by my side

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2016 at 7:42 PM, fabrications. said:

I'm aiming to ACTUALLY do all these in 2016:

1) Understand my body — Get fit and healthy; learn to cook meals for what my body will take in well (trying to work in more Omegas, fiber, and vitamin B); Be around 25 percent body fat 

2) Travel, get inspired — Road trip on the East Coast; Travel to Paris and the countryside of France

3) Sell my work — Score some freelance gigs on the side, get experience

4) Meditate — Specifically mindfulness meditation. I did it for half a year, and I'd like to work it back into my routine 

5) Decorate — My house is really bare right now. I've been meaning to get a daybed for the living room and a full corner workstation for my office but I keep putting it off and spending my money elsewhere (lol)

6) Maintain a balance — I'm not always going to be happy, and I won't always succeed, but I can at least accept that I won't and can't be or do everything. 

OK, that looks like a long list right now but I WILL DO IT. Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated too.  :grin:

This list actually really resonates with me.

I would just add, also loving my body and shape for what it is while I continue to become healthier (the right way/no shortcuts). Thankfully I've been able to not just travel once but twice outside of state during the summer for both personal and work related purpose (just as a freelance videographer). I really would love to start practice meditating especially after taking my Meditation class at SDSU. The last one really hits home, just finding balance, peace and contentment in every situation :)

I am cheering for you, I am cheering for all of us!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived