[Movie 2016] The Age of Shadows/Mil-jeong 밀정

minnie91

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

:heart: I find this image full of chemistry!  Kudos to both of their acting skills!

i like the part when shin sung rok said Gong Yoo and Han Ji min were like Tom and Jerry on the set :D:lol:

really i want to watch behind scenes now :)

12 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

i like the part when shin sung rok said Gong Yoo and Han Ji min were like Tom and Jerry on the set :D:lol:

really i want to watch behind scenes now :)

I found an unknown quote regarding Tom and Jerry relationship and I guess that is what we are going to look for on the set:

Some relationships are like Tom and Jerry.
They tease each other, knock down each other,
irritate each other, but can’t live without each other.

12940211_1730854297129468_387386250_n.jp

source from  https://www.instagram.com/roma.emo/

:grin:

Song Kang Ho Teases Gong Yoo About Never Buying Dinner

Song Kang Ho Teases Gong Yoo About Never Buying Dinner

Actor Song Kang Ho pokes fun at his friend and junior actor Gong Yoo.

On the August 14 broadcast of MBC’s “Entertainment Relay,” the cast of upcoming film “The Age of Shadows” sit down for an interview.

During the show, actress Han Ji Min shares a story from when they filmed the movie and says, “On Song Kang Ho’s birthday party, Gong Yoo treated us to beef.”

Song Kang Ho reveals, “Gong Yoo is famous for not doing staff dinners. That instance of buying beef was extremely rare. I ate food from him for the first time then,” leaving Gong Yoo dumbfounded.

Gong Yoo attempts to explain, “Let me clarify. I have no opportunity to buy him meals because he’s always doing it first.”

Song Kang Ho hilariously responds, “That’s because you never do.”

Their film “Age of Shadows” is set to premiere in September.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/14/song-kang-ho-teases-gong-yoo-never-buying-dinner/

August 18, 2016

'The Age of Shadows' Han Ji-min, the only female lead among actors, showcases her classy elegance

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo756991.jpg

Han Ji-min. who is returning to the big screen with her role in "The Age of Shadows", has unveiled her mesmerizing fashion pictorial.

Warner Bros. Korea has revealed Han Ji-min's pictorial for fashion magazine Elle on August 18th.

During the following interview after the pictorial shoot, Han Ji-min said, "Yeon Gye-soon is someone who rarely reveals her inner thoughts. She is such a strong character with reticent personality" and "The audience will probably feel she is again different from the strong female characters so far".

More of Han Ji-min's pictorial and interview can be seen in Elle Sepptember issue. "The Age of Shadows" also starring Song Gang-ho, Gong Yoo, and Lee Byung-hun is coming to the theatres on September 7th.

photo756994.jpg

August 16, 2016

AGE OF SHADOWS, CITY OF MADNESS, HANDMAIDEN Selected for Toronto
BARGAIN Invited to TIFF Short Cuts

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

VBECWOElVfXEbMhMvqBe.png

Korean blockbusters will be heavily featured in the Special Presentations lineup of this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). Veteran directors KIM Jee-woon, PARK Chan-wook and KIM Sung-soo will present The Age of Shadows, The Handmaiden and Asura: The City of Madness, respectively.

Returning to the Korean scene after his Hollywood foray The Last Stand (2013), KIM Jee-woon will premiere his new Colonial Era action-thriller The Age of Shadows at the Venice International Film Festival early next month. Featuring SONG Kang-ho and GONG Yoo, the film will open in Korean theatres on September 7th, ahead of the local Chuseok holiday, before screening in Canada.

Having its world premiere in Toronto will be Asura: The City of Madness, KIM’s first film since the influenza thriller The Flu (2013). The film stars JUNG Woo-sung as a cop who gets caught between internal affairs and a city mayor.

Following its competition slot at the Cannes Film Festival and its successful run at the Korean box office, which netted it almost 4.3 million viewers, PARK’s The Handmaiden will continue its festival run in Toronto. Based on Sarah Waters’ novel Fingersmith, the steamy Colonial Era thriller stars HA Jung-woo, KIM Min-hee and newcomer KIM Tae-ri.

Also playing in Toronto will be Bargain in the Short Cuts section. Director LEE Chung-hyun’s 14-minute film will have its international premiere after winning the Busan Cinephile Awards and Jury Prize from the Busan International Short Film Festival.

TIFF will continue to reveal sections of its lineup in the coming weeks.

August 24, 2016

"The Age of Shadows" Song Kang-ho and Gong Yoo's still cuts

Source: STAR MBN via Hancinema.net

photo758653.jpg

2 stills of Song Kang-ho and Gong Yoo in the movie "The Age of Shadows" were released.

At the end of the 1920s, there was a heroic group that brought in bombs to Kyeong-seong from Shanghai to destroy key Japanese facilities. Song Kang-ho and Gong Yoo co-star in this movie.

The stills show just how intense the movie is. Song Kang-ho plays Lee Jeong-chool, a Joseon born who is now a Japanese police. Gong Yoo plays Kim Woo-jin, the new leader of the heroic independence group. These two approach each other by hiding their identities.

Constantly under suspicion, the intensity between the two is enough to draw attention of viewers. They were serious and focused during the making but when cameras went off, they were like brothers to each other.

Gong Yoo and Song Kang-ho spent a long time in Shanghai for the movie and they always had deep discussions about their work.

Gong Yoo said, "Song Kang-ho was like a monster to me. It was hard to believe that the actor I respect the most was right in front of me". Song Kang-ho said, "He's got soul and he is perfect for Kim Woo-jin".

August 25, 2016

Actor in new film 'The Age of Shadows'

Actor in new film 'The Age of Shadows'

Song Kang-ho, a lead actor in the new film "The Age of Shadows," poses for photos at a press preview of the movie in Seoul on Aug. 25, 2016. Set in the 1920s during Japanese colonial rule over Korea, the movie deals with high espionage between spies working for opposite sites. Song plays the Japanese-side agent. (Yonhap) (END)

Stars of new movie 'The Age of Shadows'

Stars of new movie 'The Age of Shadows'

Actor Gong Yoo and actress Han Ji-min attend a press preview of the new film "The Age of Shadows" in Seoul on Aug. 25, 2016. Set in the 1920s during Japanese colonial rule over Korea, the movie deals with high espionage between spies working for opposite sites. (Yonhap) (END)

August 26, 2016

Director Kim Jee-woon says ‘Age of Shadows’ is ‘heated’ noir

When director Kim Jee-woon first started filming his newest historical thriller “The Age of Shadows,” he had set his mind on making a “cold” noir flick featuring a ruthless world of spies. 

But the film turned out to be much more “heated” than originally intended, he told reporters after a press screening of the film in Seoul on Tuesday.

Director Kim Jee-woon speaks to reporters at a press conference for film “The Age of Shadows” in Seoul on Thursday. (Yonhap)

His original references had been classics like the 1949 black-and-white thriller “The Third Man” and the 1965 Western espionage flick “The Spy Who Came In from the Cold” -? both set in the Cold War era.

In the course of filming, however, Kim discovered that the period of the Japanese occupation of Korea, in which the film is set, had a completely different atmosphere. 

“The occupation era was a time when patriots sacrificed their lives without regret to recover a country that had been lost,” said Kim. “With that story in the center, the film couldn’t help but get heated toward the end.” 

Though the film ultimately diverged from what he had originally intended, Kim said he chose to “not force a certain filmic self-consciousness or style” and instead “follow the direction of the story and its characters.”

“The Age of Shadows” is the most recent in a string of historical flicks to hit Korean theaters this year -? including “The Last Princess” and “Operation Chromite.”

Actors Song Kang-ho, Gong Yoo and Han Ji-min speak at a press conference for film “The Age of Shadows” in Seoul on Thursday. (Yonhap)

Set in the 1920s, it chronicles the story of independence fighter Kim Woo-jin, played by actor Gong Yoo, and his group of comrades who hatch a plan to smuggle bombs from Shanghai into the Korean capital in order to overthrow the Japanese government. 

Actor Song Kang-ho plays Lee Jeong-chool, a Korean national who has sided with the Japanese. A high-ranking officer in the Japanese police, Lee is responsible for spying on and ultimately capturing the independence fighters. 

The film aims to explore the “complexity” of the era, according to director Kim, in which coexisted those who spied for the opposition and those that risked their lives to recover their lost country. 

“It tries to show a period in which people had no choice but to become spies,” he said. 

It’s not a film that chases who the spy is or isn’t, but shows that anybody can be a spy,” said actor Song. 

Actress Han Ji-min stars as independence fighter Yeon Gye-soon. Actor Lee Byung-hun makes a cameo appearance as Jeong Chae-san, leader of the independence fighters. 

“The Age of Shadows” has been invited to screen at the 41st annual Toronto International Film Festival, to take place on Sept. 8-18, and the 73rd Venice International Film Festival, set for Aug. 31-Sept. 10. 

The cast of film “The Age of Shadows” and director Kim Jee-woon (far right) pose for a photo at a press conference in Seoul on Thursday. (Yonhap)

With a budget of $8.62 billion, it is the first ever Korean-language film to be produced by Warner Bros., which will also helm local distribution. Korean sales company Finecut picked up the film’s international rights in April. 

Kim previously directed “I Saw the Devil” and “The Good, The Bad, The Weird.” His Hollywood directorial debut was in 2013 with “The Last Stand,” featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

The film opens in local theaters on Sept. 7.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

August 29, 2016

[Photos] Premiere images for the upcoming Korean movie "The Age of Shadows"

Source: Hancinema.net (please refer link for more pics)

photo759350.jpg

Eom Tae-goo, Gong Yoo, Han Ji-min, Song Kang-ho and director Kim Jee-woon

Premiere images for the upcoming Korean movie "The Age of Shadows"" (2016)

Directed by Kim Jee-woon

With Song Kang-ho, Gong Yoo, Han Ji-min, Eom Tae-goo, Park Hee-soon, Seo Yeong-joo-I,...

Formerly known as "Secret Agent"
Crank in : 2015/10/22
Crank up : 2016/03/31
Synopsis
Based on the history of Organization of Righteous Bravery, a part of the armed independence movement during Korea under Japanese rule.Release date in Korea : 2016/09/07

Spoiler

photo759355.jpg

photo759356.jpg

photo759357.jpg  

photo759359.jpg

photo759360.jpg

Archived