[Drama 2015] Awl 송곳

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Union workers band together in JTBC’s webtoon adaptation Awl

This drama totally flew under my radar, but I’m interested to see if it can really become the next Misaeng like it’s clearly angling to be. Cable network JTBC’s adaptation of the webtoon Awl, about union workers fighting back against The Man, is gearing up to premiere in October; it’ll be added on as a Friday night drama in addition to its currently airing disaster drama D-Day.

Ji Hyun-woo (Angry Mom) headlines the adaptation of the webtoon by Choi Kyu-seok, about a group of employees at a large supermarket who fight a massive layoff. The story is based on real-life events in 2002, when a group of union workers fought back after being fired by a large supermarket chain. The webtoon focuses on the daily struggles of workers and the difficulties they face when they attempt to fight back against the system.

Ji Hyun-woo’s character is the manager of the produce section of the supermarket, who seems like a cold and stiff rule-follower on the outside, but has a heart warmer than anyone on the inside. He’ll be the one to lead the other workers in this fight against their company, aided by union counselors Ahn Nae-sang (My Daughter Geum Sa-wol) andKim Ga-eun (Joseon Gunman)...

More over at dramabeans: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/union-workers-band-together-in-jtbcs-webtoon-adaptation-awl/

cast1_big_zps4vozfazq.jpg

Another blogger on board..

JTBC Drama "Awl" Releases Stills and 1st Teaser

I will be totally honest and reveal that I just started hearing about this drama tonight.  But it caught my eye in my twitter feed so I decided to share with everyone.  Because sharing is what we do so that we are not the only people scouring for new dramas at 1 a.m.  #KaddictProblems101

Synopsis (asianwiki)

Lee Soo-In has the kind of temperament where he has to do the right thing no matter what. After his discharge from the military, he has worked at a large retail market. One day, his boss orders him to fire temporary employees at the store. Lee Soo-In refuses to do so and decides to join the labor union. He and the temporary employees struggle against unfair dismissals.

more at: http://thecrazyahjummas.blogspot.com/2015/09/jtbc-drama-awl-releases-stills-and-1st.html

awl_004_poster_zpsvba0rqug.jpg

Archived