Make people give a reason to what they are saying

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

This is something we are really going to have to start doing. I'm proposing a tactic to be implemented. This tactic is where the moderators get involved with the content of the posts that takes place.

People will usually say stuff without explaining something or telling you why. They don't tell you the reason to what they say in their posts. I think this should see a change. In the future such posts need to become prohibited. What happens is those type of posts gets deleted by a moderator. The moderator can give the poster a chance to explain, and if the poster doesn't do so within a time frame that post gets deleted. Certain section of the forums will need to have this to improve. It would help the forum a great deal.

How will this work. That's what I'm here to discuss. I'll have to come back to get more into it. What do you think about this? If enough people get on board with it then we have a chance to see better quality threads.

I disagree. Forcing people to explain every time is one of the quickest ways of getting posters off forums. People discuss what they want, when they want. Not everything needs to be explained, or followed by a long explanation just to promote discussion. If there is something to discuss, people will discuss. If there isn't, artificially forcing it will just make posting a drag. Not to mention, there are a gazillion threads and posts. There are only so many moderators. Nobody's going to spend 24/7 on this forum checking through every post and thread just to enforce this discussion-only rule.

Archived