[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

January 14, 2016

Stars of new cable drama "Signal"

Stars of new cable drama

Lead actors of a new drama on cable channel tvN pose for photos at a promotional press event in Seoul on Jan. 14, 2016. To air from Jan. 22, the drama features detectives who start solving cold cases through messages coming from the past on their walkie-talkies. From left -- Cho Jin-woong, Kim Hye-soo and Lee Je-hoon. (Yonhap) (END)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 14, 2016

New tvN thriller to pick up where 'Reply 1988' left off

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, Jan. 14 (Yonhap) -- With only two episodes left in tvN's "Reply 1988" series, all eyes are on the program that will take over the cable network's Friday and Saturday night time slots after the popular soap opera concludes this weekend.

"Signal" is of an entirely different genre than the episodic, family drama of "Reply 1988." In the upcoming crime thriller, two detectives at present and another from the past communicate via walkie-talkie to solve cold cases.

"Reply 1988," which captivated South Koreans of all ages and generated millions of dollars in profit, would no doubt be a hard act to follow, but "Signal" producer Kim Won-seok says he's not too worried.

Producer Kim Won-seok responds to questions at a press conference discussing his upcoming tvN soap opera "Signal" in Seoul on Jan. 14, 2016. (Yonhap)

Producer Kim Won-seok responds to questions at a press conference discussing his upcoming tvN soap opera "Signal" in Seoul on Jan. 14, 2016. (Yonhap)

"Worrying doesn't help anyway, I think," Kim told reporters at a press conference in Seoul. Kim directed "Misaeng," tvN's office drama sensation from 2014. "I worked really hard on 'Misaeng,' but I never thought many people would like it. It's the same with 'Signal.' I don't mind if the show doesn't match 'Misaeng''s success as long as I'm not embarrassed by it."

Despite their obvious differences, "Signal" and its predecessor "Reply 1988" have a lot in common, Kim said.

"Those who loved watching 'Reply 1988' value family and yearn for the more humanistic past. Our show won't be too alien to them," he said. "Even though 'Signal' has a different approach, it drives home the same message as that of 'Reply 1988.'"

"Signal" stars actor Lee Je-hoon from the 2012 romance movie "Architecture 101," veteran actress Kim Hye-soo and actor Cho Jin-woong from the 2012 crime movie "Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time." Cho plays the role of a deceased detective who communicates with his former colleagues Park Hae-young (Lee) and Cha Soo-hyeon (Kim) through a radio transceiver.

The pilot episode airs on Jan. 22.

The main cast of tvN's upcoming drama "Signal." From left, actor Cho Jin-woong, actress Kim Hye-soo and actor Lee Je-hoon. (Yonhap)

The main cast of tvN's upcoming drama "Signal." From left, actor Cho Jin-woong, actress Kim Hye-soo and actor Lee Je-hoon. (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

On 1/13/2016 at 7:45 PM, phi3nk said:

Signal casts going to appear on V-app tomorrow Jan 14, at 6.30 PM SKT. You can watch it through your phone (Android/i-phone) but you should install the application before. here is the link http://www.vlive.tv/video/4666

Don't forget to watch it live.

@phi3nk, Thank you much. It is still here, with English subs too.

here is the 6 min. highlight video.

Sometimes a very good story doesn't even need a romance (i.e, Misaeng) hehe. Excited for this show (LEE JE-HOON! KIM WON-SEOK PD NIM!)

I just realized this will be on tvn. Which is a bummer because the only site that can sub shows from tvn is DF isn't it? And that means we'll have to wait a few days before the subs available.

@jongski omaiyaa chingu! I see we'll be seeing each other often since we got plenty of the same shows we look forward haha (GMB, Page Turner)

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So it seems the conversations between past and present will change the events in the present/future!! Interesting

It is what I wanted to see. I really like this kind of fantasy drama. This is another point in common with "Frequency" movie. The pieces of the puzzle will unfold with this trial an error method of solving problems.

I am excited for this drama.

January Turns Out To Be A Good Month For Dramas

January 22 is also the premiere day for the paranormal thriller "Signal." In this drama two detectives, played by Lee Je Hoon and Kim Hye Soo, try to solve crimes based on the real-life Hwaseong Serial Murders. They get some help from a detective investigating in the past. He communicates with them through a mysterious radio frequency. The detective hope to alter history by researching over 20,000 suspects and their motives.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/112188/20160114/january-is-turning-out-to-be-a-good-month-for-dramas.htm

‘Signal’ to Premiere This Weekend

Spoiler

b3irjl9bobl2udmymllt8wbvsczhgwki.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Kim Chi Yoon] tvN drama ‘Signal’ held its production conference at Amoris Hall of Times Square in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul on January 14.

The drama is a story about past and present’s detectives connected through the signal dig up unsolved cases due to a signal from the past. Kim Hye Soo, Lee Je Hoon, Cho Jin Woong and others feature in it.

Meanwhile, ‘Signal’ will air its first episode on January 22 at 8:30pm KST. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=27942

[bnt photo] Kim Hye Soo Hides Her Mouth

Spoiler

1kq1ymzwphezyfgy3wm5uuzkougnnh2d.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Kim Chi Yoon] tvN drama ‘Signal’ held its production conference at Amoris Hall of Times Square in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul on January 14.

The drama is a story about past and present’s detectives connected through the signal dig up unsolved cases due to a signal from the past. Kim Hye Soo, Lee Je Hoon, Cho Jin Woong and others feature in it.

Meanwhile, ‘Signal’ will air its first episode on January 22 at 8:30pm KST. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=27945

[bnt photo] Kim Hye Soo Smiles Shyly

Spoiler

7a2volhdgsksbtezfyl0cv8jv6zh4cyz.jpg

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=27943

[bnt photo] Cho Jin Woong and Lee Je Hoon Look Like They Are from Teaser Cut

Spoiler

cplq2tu8b6pcou2uictkyqtjlirflg6n.jpg

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=27944

January 14, 2016

[In-depth] "Signal" Kim Hye Soo's class

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo675095.jpg

Actress Kim Hye-soo is coming back with the drama "Signal". At an event introducing the drama, Kim Hye-soo who is on her 30th year of acting, showed her class that left a deep impression on the viewers.

Kim Hye-soo is starring in the tvN drama "Signal" with Lee Je-hoon and Jo Jin-woong.

Detectives from the present encounter a signal from detectives of the past and reinvestigate unsolved cases once again in "Signal" which is written by Kim Eun-hee-I and directed by Kim Won-seok.

Kim Hye-soo takes on the role of Cha Soo-hyeon, a 15 year veteran detective. Lee Je-hoon is a profiler named Park Hae-yeong on the unsolved cases team and Jo Jin-woong is detective Lee Jae-han from the year 1989. Cha Soo-hyeon exists in the past and current world and according to the actress, she's a justifiable detective who physically fights crime and is in love with Lee Jae-han.

At first she didn't know it was a drama. She thought it was a movie but later realized that it was a drama. Apparently it was fun speaking to Jo Jin-woong and Lee Je-hoon on the radio.

There's a line spoken by Kim Hye-soo in the drama; "20 years is a big change" and that got her thinking, "I couldn't find a reason not to be in this drama" she says. "Je-hoon prepares a lot for his role and Jin-woong does a lot of action. I am a detective here so I knew there would be action but not this intense. I got hurt a lot".

Those who were watching Kim Hye-soo on V App said she spoke well and complimented her. However, Kim Hye-soo herself was too busy complimenting Jo Jin-woong and Lee Je-hoon. She said Jo Jin-woong was Lee Jae-han himself and Lee Je-hoon was so modest. "I didn't know he was this attractive looking and he has a good voice".

She laughed like a little girl and said it was fun. She also seemed girlish and said things like, "I am so afraid of those things" during the interview.

She was asked if she was angry sometimes and she answered, "I don't get angry. I can't forgive crime against children though. I think our country is too lenient with these crimes. That makes me angry".

Kim Hye-soo was asked to mention a highlight of the movie and she said, "In the beginning of the drama, the intensity is great. The scene where we radio each other was really fun. In the middle of the drama, you'll be able to listen to each character's story and how they are involved with one another. I chose the drama because it was fun in the beginning but as I get to the middle I can't even remember what the beginning was about".

Kim Hye-soo has always been a strong characters in any drama or movie and she said, "This drama will be deliver a strong message and it won't waste your time".

"Signal" will be broadcast on the 22nd at 8:30PM.

KHS soompi

I see lots of familiar names here @jongski @bebebisous33@rubie, initially i thought i was in the wrong thread. Happy to know that we share the same interests in drama. :)

I don't really mind if a drama lacks romance in it. As long as the story is stimulating in the mind (for a change in the usual drama) and have action why not?! Thats why I watch jdramas  too due to storylines and out of the box themes. 

This drama reminds me of the kmovie DITTO, american movie FREQUENCY and for the suspense the kdrama SIGNS by park shin yang.  It appears to be pre-produced so I am anticipating a well made drama and solid plot. 

There are too many good dramas this january. I have no complaints though. 

Signal The Beginning aired last night... am really hoping it will be subbed, though am not holding out much hope yet. Does anyone know if there is a subbed version, English or Chinese that is available?

Am beginning to sound like a broken record, but I am truly truly excited about this drama. It has all the elements that appeal to me - mystery, thriller, the interaction between past and present which reminds me of Nine, not to mention its director, scriptwriter and cast, and what we've been teased with so far just serves to whet my appetite even more. Is it Friday (with subs following closely behind) yet?

Archived