[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

Happy New Year everyone!  Finally. First drama for Jan 2016. Coz I've been waiting and waiting. 2016 is the year of crime action thriller revenge drama!

Signal. tvN. 2016. Lee Je Hoon. Kim Hye-soo. Jo Jin-woong.

From Misaeng PD.

Crime/action/thriller/ drama.

I'm going to quote below post because.. been waiting for this drama since September and noted the comparison to 'frequency' twist and then other chingus  also mentioned sounds like 'frequency'. But I'm not familiar with that one.  So I'm still clueless. Ha.   But as Orion said, I too will will not miss this drama! Waiting! :)

On 9/9/2015 at 5:40 AM, Orion said:
  On 9/8/2015 at 5:22 AM, jongski said:

@Orion Hope you gonna review / recap this thriller/crime drama.

You bet I will. Sounds just like the kind of show I'm fit for. Plus, without major "oppas" in it, it might not get much exposure.
I do worry a bit about redoing the same plot of a very successful, quality film, but the 'Frequency'-like twist sounds promising.

But with this PD and writer and the fact that this will be on cable, I wouldn't skip it for anything. You can't drag me away from it. Ahaha.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2015 at 6:49 AM, liddi said:

@eunsuhae Thank you for sharing the new trailer! While not understanding a word of what they said, the visuals itself already have me raring for the drama to start airing. Can't wait, and truly hoping that it delivers in every way!

Me too, I love the way this is being filmed everything is a little muted, pd-nim is going for a grittier look. After pd- nim had me on pins and needles over a sales presentation last year I just can't imagine this won't deliver. I know there's always a possibility but hey it's a new year. 

@Mico RiccoThank's for updates too.

vuurwerk26.gif

@eunsuhae   , @Mico Ricco, Thank you for the new teasers, and welcome video.  (Lee Je-Hoon is so cute in it....)

Here is an opportunity to let DramaFever we are supporting this drama and want to see it subbed.  

11 K-dramas we can't wait to watch in 2016

Keeping relevant material only

2. Signal

f1744d70-2a26-4f32-9254-57fbf587b8d8.png

Starring: Kim Hye Soo, Lee Je Hoon, and Jo Jin Woong

Premiere: January 22 on DramaFever following the conclusion of Answer Me 1988.

Synopsis: Detectives in the present and from the past communicate are brought together by a time-traveling wireless set to expose unsolved crime cases. It’s directed by Kim Won Suk of Misaengand Sungkyunkwan Scandal. Check out the first look of Signal here, and sign up for new episode alerts  here.

Please comment in support of Signal on DramaFever Blog.

On 01/01/2016 at 10:27 AM, jongski said:

I'm going to quote below post because.. been waiting for this drama since September and noted the comparison to 'frequency' twist and then other chingus  also mentioned sounds like 'frequency'. But I'm not familiar with that one.  So I'm still clueless. Ha.   But as Orion said, I too will will not miss this drama! Waiting! :)

It's a pretty nice American movie. It's about a police officer whose father died when he was a child. When he finds his dad's old ham radio, he realizes he can speak to his father from the past. Then he tries to save his life, but of course there are events that change, including a serial killer from the past remaining active in the area. So it's sci-fi, but also a crime/suspense film. As far as we know, the two guys in the drama are not father and son, but I would not put it past a Korean drama to throw a birth secret in our face at some point. :P They do seem to be selling the bromance a lot, with the promos and poster and such.

@Orion, Please, I hope they don't go there with the birth secrets.:crazy:  I'm sure they end up catching some criminal from the past. Lets pray that and communicating with someone from the past will be the only similarities.  I enjoyed the movie too @jongski you should check it out. I think you would like it.

Thanks @orion and @evie7. I'm going to watch frequency this weekend. pique my interest. At least I'll have an idea. @Andy78.Goody you're here, I know we'll get live stream recap, right? ha ha  :D So happy 22 is  Friday premier I can watch lives stream too. That Lee Je Hoon shot tho' :wub:

*edit.. wanted to add I realize Signal first then  Neighborhood's Hero. Wow two crime action thriller dramas one after the other! Kickasss January! love!

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks @orion and @evie7. I'm going to watch frequency this weekend. pique my interest. At least I'll have an idea.

'Signal' is not officially based on 'Frequency', rather the 'Memories of Murder' film and the Hwaseong serial killings case. At least I think it still is.
But yes, it looks like they might have drawn some unofficial "inspiration" from 'Frequency' too. Even if not, it's a good film, so I hope you like it. :)

Guest MaknaeC

Desperate voice from the past sends clues to the present in Signal

signal_1.jpg

I have to say, I’m drawn to the retro-nostalgia feel we’re getting in tvN’s cold-case investigation drama Signal—or at least in half of it, since it’s partially tied to the past though mostly set in the present. The show is centered around the conceit that two cops in the present day (Lee Je-hoon, Kim Hye-soo) are able to communicate with one from the past (Jo Jin-woong) via radio, and together work to get the bottom of long-unsolved cases.

The drama has been releasing a stream of short teasers (posted below), and they’re all quite evocative and moody—some more thriller-esque, while others make a great use of old-school songs to evoke a sense of nostalgia tinged with eeriness. There are a few themes and phrases that get repeated throughout: Lee Je-hoon is the skeptical younger cop in the present who wonders how to respond to a radio message seemingly from the past, while Jo Jin-woong, a violent-crimes detective in the 1980s, says, “The past can be changed.” He also declares, “There is no crime in this world that ought to be covered up.” There’s often a fraught look in his eye, and for good reason; his signal is referred to as a message sent through desperation. read more - dramabeans

-----------------------

Countdown to January 22. Can't wait!

Ready and waiting and counting the days. First drama of 2016 for me! I have been waiting for this!!!! Yes!

Signal. tvN.  Jan 22. Lee Je Hoon. Kim Hye-soo. Jo Jin-woong.

From Misaeng PD. Crime/action/thriller/ drama.

cr:KWI

Embedded image permalink

tvN provides early look into crime thriller with Signal: The Beginning

by javabeans | January 11, 2016 | 7 Comments

signal_16.jpg

If you don’t wanna wait a full two weeks to catch tvN’s new time-bendy cop thriller Signal, you’re in luck, in that they’re kicking off with an Episode 0 this weekend, a full week in advance of their premiere.

They’re calling it Signal: The Beginning and essentially it’s an hourlong preview to introduce the series that’s set around two modern-day detectives (Kim Hye-soo, Lee Je-hoon) who are able to communicate with a detective from the past (Jo Jin-woong) via radio, and how they all get intertwined in a case together. The special episode airs right after the finale of Answer Me 1988, which wraps up its massively popular, ratings-record-breaking run on Saturday.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/tvn-provides-early-look-into-crime-thriller-with-signal-the-beginning/

Archived