[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

@ross27 PD (and Writer) wants everyone not to forget the cold cases and also never again capturing the wrong person as the offender.

Here's the excerpt again from the interview :-

Real cases such as the “Southern Gyeonggi murder” are being addressed in the drama, reminding the audience that these cases took place. That is also one of the appealing points of the drama. Do you have a standard for picking the cases?

I talked about it with the screenwriter. We decided to develop the story around real unsolved cases that many people are familiar with, such as the so-called frog boys case and kidnapping of Lee Young-ho, or the Hwaseong serial murder case. These cases, we believe, should not be forgotten by the public.

Although they are not unsolved, we also wanted to deal with major incidents that took place in the past, such as the collapse of the Seongsu Bridge in 1994 or the major building collapses that took place in Korea. These incidents were not natural disasters but were man-made. No one was really held responsible for such painful disasters back then, as it was said it was difficult to hold a specific person accountable. In my view, such disasters are also unsolved. I wanted to talk about all the crimes for which the actual offender wasn’t held responsible.

Not only that, back then, capturing the wrong person as the offender to quickly close the case was frequent. The reason why I included such cases in the drama is because I want people to never forget about them and to remind them that they should never happen again. 

credit : @rubie

post link : -

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ayu Rashid said:

.... If she can just speak w LJH over the walkie-talkie n tell their feelings....I think I will cry...:tears: 

Now that we know ACS can hear LJH's voice on the wt so it is safe to assume that both the present-time CSH and LJH can communicate with each other using the same wt. 

We need to prepare lots of tissues ....:bawling:

Our poor police guy (Odaeyang-mass-suicide cold case fan) making and answering from phone calls in hiding.

4OjHfbj.jpg

This is reminding me of the famous song by The Police :-

"Every Breath You Take"

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you.

Somehow I feel PHY would be the one to unite LJH and CSH.The time loop always showed how someone had to always pay the price,some elements always repeated.So,in that case either one of them would be alive at the end.

Also I wonder if the time loop presented three time same incidents being reversed,first the original one which already took place,then the present PHY would solve the case if past is not being able to do so,and if at the present/future time, the result is not favorable,then in past LJH would solve the case so at current time people are not in risk.It's mind boggling and thrilling at the same time.Anyway if this 'is' the final case,then we can hope for something harsh or heartbreaking that would follow up at the end.It's inevitable.

'Signal' Kim Hye-soo and Lee Je-hoon find bones of the detective from the past

Spoiler

photo695443.jpg

On the 12th episode of tvN's Friday & Saturday drama, "Signal", Park Haeyeong (Lee Je-hoon) revealed all the truth about the Injoo city case to Cha Soohyeon (Kim Hye-soo).

Park Haeyeong said that his brother had killed himself after he had been falsely accused and detective Lee Jae-han (Jo Jin-woong) also had been killed while investigating the case obstinately.

Park Haeyeong and Cha Soohyeon later went to the house of Kim Seongbeom, who was in the close relationship with Ahn Chi-soo (Jeong Hae-gyoon). And they found bones under the staircase of the house.

Lee Jaehan's police badge came out of the corpse and Cha Soohyeon and Park Haeyeong were shocked.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-signal-kim-hye-soo-and-lee-je-hoon-find-bones-of-the-detective-from-the-past-91887.html

Heartbreaking moment...SO SORRY FOR CHA SOOHYEON!!!

@Mico Ricco I am really looking forward to the scenes from the past that show the development of LJH and CSH's relationship - heartwarming, amusing and sweet - though I think we would need to prepare our hearts as well, knowing that those happy times were all too brief and cruelly cut short. 

Silent lurker of this drama. I literally love this drama. The writing, the acting is top-notch. Finally finish ep. 12 and my gosh it is defiinitely a roller coaster of a ride there. It was utterly disgusted and heartache to see the police using a scapegoat for this case, destroying an innocent person. It really shows that greed is power and made me disgusted at the corruption (on these officer who had pledge oath of justice when they became an officer) and worse upon reading the actual case behind this gang rape case.

And the shock and heartache of Detective Cha upon uncovering the body of LJH. Each time a body was found, there is the fear that it could be him but then there is hope that he's still out there somewhere but this time around, the uncovering of his body had destroy her hope. 

And ending the episode has left me more unanswered question than before.This is why I always tell myself to wait until all episode is aired to watch so I don't get this withdrawal like its a drug addiction that I need more of.

One thing that I am curious to is will the future change so that LJH can lived again or if he will remain deceased. Knowing that he is killed, it brings the entire situation back in full circle to episode 1 once more. Based on the sub-version I watch, LHJ had mention that he went to Seonil Psychiatric Hospital because PHY had told him to leading to his death. Will PHY this time around tell him not to go there?

More than anything, I am curious to the connection between the two of them? The event leading to LJH death are parallel to his encounter to PHY. From the robber case to the Injoo case, had connection not be made between then, it would not lead LJH to dig deeper into such investigation to realize a corruption between the wealthy and the police. Now remembering him telling Detective Cha that once everything is settle this week, they can talk literally have me in shiver now re-watch the episode over. It completely change the meaning now as we dig deeper into Signal. That statement sound much more like he has uncovered secrets and evidence that he intend to release and I am guessing that someone must've of overheard him saying that and therefore decided to eliminate him before the public knows of their corruption.

Gah, I need more episode! This drama is my k-drug currently! Can I get this awesome team of Cha Soo-hyun, Park Hae-young, and Lee Jae-han to investigate the crap*hit that had happen behind the scene of Cheese in the Trap for me? LOL!

11 hours ago, kaqueski said:

.......................................................................................................

I cannot really tell if everything were planned by Ahn Chi Soo. I also wonder why he calls to meet with PHY 2 hours later and not as soon as possible. I wonder if he planned to see that gangster Kim Bum Sung before PHY (without knowing he'd get killed?) Because apparently, no one knows about PHY and ACS's phone records.

KBJ probably thinks that the favor is in his hand after hearing that PHY's presence next to ACS's body, but he doesn't know what ACS told PHY before his death.
So in conclusion, I really believe ACS didn't expect his death. I don't think ACS plan it, it just happens for a worse turn of events... 

I believe ACS knew very well his end was coming and he knew who ll order his death and whose hand will  cut his life.

He worked so many years with KBJ as" his partner in crime" that  he knew his methods and his thinking.

After his daughter 's death he had no reason to live. He agreed to follow KBS and be his minion in his crimes because his child illness.

Having his daughter alive gave him a reason to give excuses for his corruption and for his crimes , with out her he can not bear his sins and his consciousness made him decide his resignation and the reveal of truth.He knew his end was coming.

I do not know why he wanted PHY to meet him in that place, outside  of the Injoo hospital ( was it the hospital?)and in two hours.

Give time to himself to collect proofs for KBJ 's corrupt unethical actions maybe?

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Not sure if anyone can suggest similar crime thriller series like Signal to kill time, Ive watched sign, ghost, 3 days, vampire prosecutor, ten (dropped), god quiz (only 2 seasons), hit (dropped)... 

Please try Missing Noir M.... excellent crime procedural with emphasis on heart rather than glorified gore. Be prepared that some episodes will totally kill you emotionally, but every single one of them is powerful and memorable. Strong performances all around from the cast, and its soundtrack haunting and unforgettable. 

Yonhap News Agency

February 29, 2016

TV drama 'Signal' enjoying high viewer ratings

SEOUL, Feb. 29 (Yonhap) -- The tvN TV drama "Signal" registered a national rating average of 10.9 percent for the 11th episode on Friday, proving to be a big hit after "Reply 1988" syndrome.

Starting with a 6 percent rating for its first episode on Jan. 22, "Signal," which screens every Friday and Saturday, has been gaining an additional 1 percent with each following episode on average, according to Nielsen and reports on Saturday.

The drama, starring Kim Hye-soo, Cho Jin-woong and Lee Je-hoon, is about detectives working on unsolved cases as the statute of limitations for first-degree murders is scrapped.

The story travels back to 1999, when Lee Jae-han (played by Cho Jin-woong) is in a fictional city investigating a case involving the sexual assault of a middle-school-aged girl by more than 10 schoolboys. The boys are sons of wealthy and powerful families who team up with the police to have another schoolboy set up.

The narrative then fast-forwards to 2015, when Lee, who had been aware of the truth about the rape case, is found dead by fellow investigators Cha Soo-hyun (Kim Hye-soo) and Park Hae-young (Lee Je-hoon).

AEN20160229006100315_01_i.jpg

The netizens' comments:

Spoiler

Osen - Naver: 'Signal', Kim Hye Soo and Lee Je Hoon, please save Joo Jin Woong 
1. [+3,187, -27] The moment Cha Soo Hyun blurted "No..." when she discovered the skeleton, it means that she hasn't once forgotten Lee Jae Han and that she continued to search for him. But my heart hurts that she was hoping that the body didn't belong to him, that he's still aliveㅠㅠ

2. [+2,406, -23] How does it feel to discover the skeleton of someone you love ㅠㅠㅠ I was bawling at the last part. Please save Lee Jae Han and have a happy ending!!

3. [+2,253, -26] The drama puts most movies to shame

4. [+1,721, -21] That's so sad. Can't wait for next week...

5. [+469, -4] I want a happy ending, I don't mind how tacky it may be ㅠ It was so sad when Cha Soo Hyun said "no" upon discovering Lee Jae Han's skeleton

6. [+410, -3] I'm so proud that a drama of this caliber is airing in Korea

Osen - Naver: 'Signal', Kim Hye Soo and Lee Je Hoon unearth Jo Jin Woong's body
1. [+15,175, -78] I kept getting angry while watching...

2. [+10,472, -76] Woah. Jo Jin Woong hyung, no ㅠ

3. [+9,138, -63] I'm crying .....

4. [+7,382, -62] This drama is so good...

5. [+6,683, -87] I'm totally addicted!!!

6. [+5,161, -27] Today's episode was inspired by the Miryang gang rape case that happened 12 years ago. At that time, dozens raped a middle school female student and it was filmed on video. The victim's face was accidentally exposed and in turn, she wasn't protected during the investigation. She then transferred to another school to run away from it all but the perpetrators' parents went to find her to reach an agreement. The victim's alcoholic father agreed on just fifty million won settlement. Those bastards went around boasting about the incident as if they were heroes and continued to live comfortably like it didn't happen, they're worst than garbage. I hope this drama exposes that hideous past to everyone

7. [+3,644, -26] Does a person like Lee Jae Han exist in our society??

8. [+3,440, -32] What's the reason why the Miryang rape case wasn't reopened? Why weren't those rapists arrested?

9. [+3,077, -21] Someone posted a comment about the Miryang case on Facebook which was directed  towards one of the rapists who then replied "I know. So what?". It just goes to show that those monsters are living fine without any sense of guilt.  And the policewoman who supported those rapists was promoted a year after the incident causing people to bombard the Uiryeong police site with complaints.You can see the faces of the rapists if you do a quick Google search about the Miryang rape case

10. [+2,795, -24] I hope Lee Jae Han comes back alive and replace Jang Hyun Sung as the Investigation chief

11. [+2,146, -14] I was crying when Lee Jae Han says in the preview "I hope you're happy" ㅠ

---------------------------------------------source: kkuljaem ----------------------------------------------------

Archived