[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight What a drama! Looks interesting, even though am one who usually prefers US crime serials than k-ones, this certainly looks good. And with a cast like this, makes it even better! KHS...I love her! Thanks for the heads up chingu :P 

@larus Hello chingu :) Thanks for starting this thread and for teaser 1. There's an eerie vibe ...I felt, after watching it. The song sounds like a reproduction of the original? Sounds like a kpop repro?

CR: YT uploader

Hello everyone! Thanks to all for updates and insights :P 

Hello everyone, my first post here. 

At first, I am a bit disappointed when SBS didnt give Signal a timeslot and end up threw this drama. Since all Kim eun hee's drama (Sign, Ghost, 3 days) went to SBS, I guess I have to wait or never be able to watch Signal. But glad to hear TvN picked this drama and will be helmed by Misaeng PD and staff. Really really good news.

I really dont know all the casts of this drama. But I read at some websites, they are star studded casts with excellent acting skill. Kim eun hee's drama never disappoint me and never have a flaw. I wish Signal will be a great mystery and thriller drama in 2016. January for the premiere, can't wait.

Annyeong @irilight chingu for the shoutout. Because this drama is a fantasy genre, definitely I would watch because I like fantasy stories.

And I can get to enjoy watching Lee Je Hoon. I have never watched Kim Hye Soo's drama before, so this drama would be a great one to start with :D

Omo @LavelyShai oh noooooooo the writer killed of her main character in her other drama? I hope she won't do that here because I dislike such ending :angry::(

waving to @andy78. @zagigirl, @jadecloud (I love this song...), @LavelyShai  (I have not watched Sign yet, but it is on my list), and @alekaonu   hello-red-crab 
And warm welcome to @Mayyes

Upcoming drama 'Signal' has unveiled 15 second trailer featuring Kim Hye-soo, Lee Je-hoon and Jo Jin-woong

photo660933.jpg

"Signal" trailer has been unveiled.

tvN's upcoming drama, "Signal" preview trailer has been revealed. The 15 second short video presents the emotional expression and action acting scenes by Kim Hye-soo, Lee Je-hoon and Jo Jin-woong with old school pop songs as the background music.

Read more on Hancinema

The combustible combination of Misaeng PD and scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee is one that I cannot pass up! Add to it two of my favourite actors Lee Je Hoon and Jo Jin Woong... it's a foregone conclusion I am eagerly anticipating this drama. Praying, praying that it delivers on all counts, with everything going for it as far as I am concerned. Can't wait for 15 Jan 2016!

@irilight Thank you so much for the mention (also hello long time no see ^_^). I'm keeping an eye on this one for sure and I really liked the "vibe" of the teaser. I'm looking forward to it, I have a good feeling about it & hope it delivers :)

About the subs, there's a recent deal stipulating DF will have the exclusivity on all of tvN's dramas from now on which is not good news for me. DF are known for being slow and the quality of their translations has always been questionable. Oh well, it's still better than nothing I guess

@larus, Thanks for starting this thread. I do like this story has a little Frequency vibe to it. I love that movie and that teaser is great. It has an eerie feel to that's very intriguing.  

@irilight I would have missed out on this drama if not for you, so thank you for the summons. smiley-happy005.gif

I already see some familiar faces @jongski, @phi3nk, @valsava, @andy78 @zagigirl, @jadecloud  @eunsuhae, @40somethingahjumma, @liddi, @alekaonu waving at all of you!.

While I'm at it let me give a shout out to  @bebebisous33 , @Mau_Cherry, my favorite drama detectives whose insights are always spot on and @UnniSarah, @kyunii88, @delfin, @Sarang21, @littleloony, @Kasmic , @Kehinde,   @SUNlight02 @moodypie @onnififi @ororomunroe @gladys57 and @briseis (Chingo we are going to need a drama to help with our 5 Ji Kara withdrawls)

2 minutes ago, evie7 said:

@larus, Thanks for starting this thread. I do like this story has a little Frequency vibe to it. I love that movie and that teaser is great. It has an eerie feel to that's very intriguing.  

@irilight I would have missed out on this drama if not for you, so thank you for the summons. smiley-happy005.gif

I already see some familiar faces @jongski, @phi3nk, @valsava, @andy78 @zagigirl, @jadecloud  @eunsuhae, @40somethingahjumma, @liddi, @alekaonu waving at all of you!.

While I'm at it let me give a shout out to  @bebebisous33 , @Mau_Cherry, my favorite drama detectives whose insights are always spot on and @UnniSarah, @kyunii88, @delfin, @Sarang21, @littleloony, @Kasmic , @Kehinde,   @SUNlight02 @moodypie @onnififi @ororomunroe @gladys57 and @briseis (Chingo we are going to need a drama to help with our 5 Ji Kara withdrawls)

My god!! Thanks a lot for the compliment @evie7 smileys  I was already shout out by @irilight. Since the sypnosis sounds so interesting and many people with a similar taste want to watch it, I have decided to watch it too!!

By the way, @jadecloud, I didn't know that you like US crime series. However, you should try Love me if you dare!! It is a chinese drama... worth it!!

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

My god!! Thanks a lot for the compliment @evie7 smileys  I was already shout out by @irilight. Since the sypnosis sounds so interesting and many people with a similar taste want to watch it, I have decided to watch it too!!

By the way, @jadecloud, I didn't know that you like US crime series. However, you should try Love me if you dare!! It is a chinese drama... worth it!!

@bebebisous33 Haha some of us were just recently talking about this in another non-related thread. I'm watching LMIYD, just started couple of days ago actually. Surprisingly good for a crime-romance cdrama, and I'm loving it! (but haven't yet checked out the thread, whether there's one or not.). Just looked at your siggy, ahh...so you're watching it :) It must be real good! :wub:

Signal, it does look better and better the more I read about it. Can't wait to watch it with so many familiar chingus in the house, and new ones too :P

3 hours ago, evie7 said:

Thank you chingu for the call and yes you are right we need something to help us get over 5 Ji Kara hahaha

The story sounds  interessting. I´m even more excited as it`s the same writer who wrote Ghost one of my favourite dramas. Once I started ghost I couldn`t stop..it was that addictiv for me...so I hope that this one will be as good.

I see a lot of chingudeul here...hi everyone...looking forward to spazz with you and the new chingudeul :)

WOW, so many new people here. :D I started to believe only few people were interested in this drama.  I did not mind that but the more the merrier, right?

I am excited for this drama and I am glad that we started to have more news about it and people are more interested. I heard that after the teaser was shown after an episode of Answer Me 1988, Signal was trending at #1 place on Naver. This drama has potential. Writer, PD, cast. Fingers crossed for a good thriller.

Waving to more familiar faces here, @40somethingahjumma@liddi , @Sarang21 -   Now I know you all also like crime drama!  detective2-smiley-face.gif?1302011341

@eunsuhae, I did not know of that contract of DF with TvN.  I cannot comment on the quality of their subbing because I do not speak Korean, so of course, I will take your word for it; But I can say that they are usually faster than Viki these days on subbing - EXCEPT  for weekend drama. Because DF is not subbing over the weekend.  And that means, that we will probably have to wait for Mon-Tues. to get the subs... 

BUT, if DramaFever has an exclusive with TvN, why would Viki have a page for it, I wonder?    Granted, with too few followers!  Maybe the nature of DF agreement with TvN is that they get first chance, and Viki can still sub, but a week or two later?

In any event, I'd always rather have late subbing than no subbing at all. If both of them end up subbing, we can watch whomever subbed first (presumably DramaFever) and then re-watch on Viki.   (If only that would be our problem.. hehe.. two sources of subs...clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786122)

https://www.viki.com/tv/26896c-signal

DramaFever also started a potential page:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4686/Signal/#

Everyone, please click to "follow" on Viki and "Become a Fan" on DF.

And also submit the subbing request forms.

@bebebisous33,  As @jadecloud mentioned we were just talking about "Love Me if You Dare" . You are the 3rd person to recommend it now - it went on my to watch list. Will try to catch up. 

@larus, I love the video of the "script-reading" you posted on previous page. It is actually a combination of script-reading, a teaser, and a portion of interviews with cast,  in one. I thought it was well done. I only wish it was subbed.

I am re-posting it below.

34 minutes ago, irilight said:

BUT, if DramaFever has an exclusive with TvN, why would Viki have a page for it, I wonder?    Granted, with too few followers!  Maybe the nature of DF agreement with TvN is that they get first chance, and Viki can still sub, but a week or two later?

I prefer VIKI for a simple reason. There is a chance they can licensed the show for my part of the world. I can`t watch DramaFever.

8 hours ago, irilight said:

Waving to more familiar faces here, @40somethingahjumma@liddi , @Sarang21 -   Now I know you all also like crime drama!  detective2-smiley-face.gif?1302011341

@eunsuhae, I did not know of that contract of DF with TvN.  I cannot comment on the quality of their subbing because I do not speak Korean, so of course, I will take your word for it; But I can say that they are usually faster than Viki these days on subbing - EXCEPT  for weekend drama. Because DF is not subbing over the weekend.  And that means, that we will probably have to wait for Mon-Tues. to get the subs... 

In any event, I'd always rather have late subbing than no subbing at all. If both of them end up subbing, we can watch whomever subbed first (presumably DramaFever) and then re-watch on Viki.   (If only that would be our problem.. hehe.. two sources of subs...clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786122)

https://www.viki.com/tv/26896c-signal

DramaFever also started a potential page:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4686/Signal/#

Everyone, please click to "follow" on Viki and "Become a Fan" on DF.

And also submit the subbing request forms.

@bebebisous33,  As @jadecloud mentioned we were just talking about "Love Me if You Dare" . You are the 3rd person to recommend it now - it went on my to watch list. Will try to catch up. 

@larus, I love the video of the "script-reading" you posted on previous page. It is actually a combination of script-reading, a teaser, and a portion of interviews with cast,  in one. I thought it was well done. I only wish it was subbed.

I am re-posting it below.

Then let me be the 4th person to recomend it to you too hahaha

If DF got an exclusive with tvn then that means that there will probably be a two weeks hold back for some country and that sucks. Because not everyone can watch it on DF.

Wow!  So many people here. I'm not alone anymore hogging the post. Lets get on board with this. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for Signal.. as you can guess from previous pages already.  I see @andy78 He he.. somebody's gonna recap.. raw. Yes!

I don't get DF. You have to pay to watch, right? Same w/ Viki?  I usually just watch raw livestream :P so I end up watching dramas 4x.  ep 1&2 raw then ep 1 &2 sub. Addict muchI like kdrama and cdrama oh and tw drama and jdorama. Yeah, I watch a lot! :P

Guest MaknaeC

Signal’s past and present cops converge via radio

by girlfriday 

Signal1.jpg

Here’s our first look at tvN’s Signal, the paranormal police drama from the PD ofMisaeng and the writer of Ghost and Sign. It’s about cops both past and present who can communicate with one another via two-way radio, and how they use this unique situation to crack long-unsolved cases. The teaser introduces us to our main cast — Lee Je-hoon(Secret Door), Kim Hye-soo (God of the Workplace), and Jo Jin-woong (Full Sun) — and gives us glimpses of their past and present in bits and pieces.

Lee Je-hoon stars as a bad boy cop in the present-day timeline. He was a rebellious teen who had such terrible experiences with authority figures that he hated any and all cops (the flashes to his childhood in the teaser have him wreaking havoc in a police station and getting into fights). It’s a wonder that he became a cop himself then, but I suppose that’ll be the interesting thing about his character. He’s still got that rebel streak in him, and in order to make ends meet, he sells tips to celebrity news outlets. He’s greatly wasting his talents, until one day an old radio that was in storage starts to ring. (read more - dramabeans)

-------------------------------

Waving back to @irilight it's nice to see you on this thread :)

And yes @liddi with this line-up we definitely can't pass this drama ;) So, please meet our expectations, show!

Because every week, I check this thread! thanks @larus I've been waiting  and finally. Yes finally!!!!! this low-key drama from Misaeng PD. Excited much! January come already! This drama and GMB both these dramas I've been waiting for. @MaknaeC thanks for the article post.

Lee Je Hoon. Kim Hye Soo. Jo Jin Woong. Signal. tvN. 2016 Jan.

pic cr: asianwiki

Embedded image permalink

Archived