[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight Since the status of limitations has been lifted, the murderer will be sent to trial and it was clearly shown, when he was transported to the court. He was in a wheelchair with a mask, while many people were yelling at him. The mother of KW was there as well. So he will be condemned and even executed since he killed many people! 

I’m late watching the last 2 episodes! Am I right in understanding that if PHY and LJH did not “meddle” with history the restaurant owner’s daughter would not have been born and there is no blackmailer since she was the bus attendant on the list to be killed back in 1989 too? Then father and son (bus driver and killer) would have been living freely these days with the son not lost his ability to walk and possibly continuing his murder sprees while his father *shudders* looks the other way. 

On 2/2/2016 at 11:23 PM, hershlag said:

Jin-Woong's acting

- Jin woong's acting was so on-point. I'm not really familiar of him, I think I have only watched him in Beyond the Clouds before but since he's playing the semi-villain guy I didn't pay that much attention to him.. Oh pabu me, lol! I've never thought he'd be this talented! Amazing! Just like everyone in here, I was bawling my heart out on the cinema scene..it breaks my heart...sigh...if only..if only...if only...:bawling:

Echoing your sentiments. I also don't know the actor. First time I'm watching him in a drama. Extra applause for him. My previous post here also praised him. You said it.. Talented!

----

Itching to watch  raw but I'll wait for the sub.  I don't watch this raw (as I do with other dramas) as it is, I'm still somewhat confused with year and time line they stars actually communicated. But thanks y'all thought and explaining and dissecting  even recapping,  I'm able to understand the drama much better.  He he. I don't read DB recaps so just following  stuff here from viewers that articulates the drama.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@irilight Since the status of limitations has been lifted, the murderer will be sent to trial and it was clearly shown, when he was transported to the court. He was in a wheelchair with a mask, while many people were yelling at him. The mother of KW was there as well. So he will be condemned and even executed since he killed many people! 

This would make an interesting twist if the writer's are, in fact, going by the principle that "x" amount of people will die, no matter how much the timeline is changed. Wouldn't it be a nice ending if the killer's execution buys the salvation of LJH?

The new OST

@irilight Watching Nine did hurt my mind honestly. So unlogic but I couldnt stop watching. I was like oh my.... they were suffering short term memory or something. I kinda confused about its ending as well. However, Park Sunwoo is my favourite male lead from kdrama so far. He is so damn hot. So sincere but not too dramatic. So manly without being forcefully topless. I have no idea whom I love more either Park Sunwoo or Lee Jin Wook. :phew:

4 minutes ago, Ginaaaa said:

This would make an interesting twist if the writer's are, in fact, going by the principle that "x" amount of people will die, no matter how much the timeline is changed. Wouldn't it be a nice ending if the killer's execution buys the salvation of LJH?

That's what I am expecting... the number of victims will never change, but thanks to LJH's intervention, they will be able to resolve the cold cases. However, LJH's meddling will cause some trouble, especially to KBS who is so ambitious and greedy!

@drynase thanks for OST! 

===

INGKI – PERSON THAT SHOULD LEAVE (떠나야 할 그 사랑) SIGNAL OST

The person who has to leave, my love whom I’ll never forget
We said goodbye without saying all the things we wanted
And I’m dealing with this pained heart by myself

The person who has to leave, my love whom I’ll never forget
We said goodbye without saying all the things we wanted

I can’t hide it
I can’t hide it

The red sun hotly burns without change
White clouds float in the blue sky
I have to let you go, I have to forget
But only your tears fill up my heart

The red sun hotly burns without change
White clouds float in the blue sky

I have to let you go, I have to forget
But only your tears fill up my heart

POPGASA

Tears and more tears... in one short 1+ hours, my heart felt like it's been torn out and ripped apart over and over again. This time, my initial thoughts of a fixed number of deaths seem to be thrown into the wind... as we see that following an innocent suggestion by PHY, what appears to be initially a cold case with no dead victims, has now claimed at least 1 if not more, and certainly scarring lives of those who loved them in this new reality. Lives which previously should not have had any connection, are now irretrievably linked to each other, bound by a terrible past. I echo PHY's words... "How?" "Why?" even as my heart hurts so bad for the lives that were changed, seeing as we have, the idyllic existence they enjoyed just before it was robbed from them. All of which enforcing the conviction... to PHY, LJH and certainly the viewers, just how grave the risks and perils are in tampering with reality and time.

The performances in this episode are again top-notch. Jo Jin Woong totally nails it here once more... his heartwrenching portrayal of LJH's grief palpable as he mourns the victim, the lives destroyed... all of which he blames himself for. The scene when Jung Suk Yong depicts Oh Kyung Tae screaming in anguish at the sight of fire in the prison kitchen had me crying in pain with and for him. While uncredited, I was pleasantly surprised to see Park Si Eun here, previously having last watched her in Six Flying Dragons as younger Yeon Hee, in a brief, but pivotal role as Oh Kyung Tae's daughter... the fate of whom would change the course of the lives around her.

Not enough has been revealed of the latest case so certainly questions and speculations abound, but I will refrain from voicing them here for now. What I can say is that if this pattern continues... I have now come to expect the unexpected from this drama, and can't wait to continue on this amazing journey that is ahead of us, knowing that there is a cerebral and emotional payoff just around the bend.

One question: In the 1989 timeline, LJH was removed from his position in the police and placed in jail after the wrong guy was arrested and had a seizure. But then, he escaped from jail and caused the criminal to become disabled.

How did he suddenly get his position in the police back?

Hello @irilight You know me well:wub: This is my kind of drama. TBH I've been watching this drama. Totally enjoying it, but last weekend I just had to figuratively put a big X on my window and   rewatch  season 1 of the X-Files. Getting back on topic, I'm going to catch up tonight with Signal. 

@syntaxerror LJH's role in saving the 8th victim was taken into account and he was only given detention despite arresting the wrong guy who ended up dying. He was later put in the lock-up when they were suspicious of him for being at Hyungpoong Station in the first place. But you're right. The drama does not explain how he was reinstated, nor how he got out of trouble despite breaking out of jail, and being the one to find KWK's body. However, I think that perhaps he was reinstated once the period of detention ended because there was nothing conclusive linking him to the crimes, and no other murders happened after that.

As for causing the criminal to be disabled, he was never connected to that deed, because LCG insisted on saying his son tripped and fell, and that LJH was not even at the scene.

Hi chingus,

after the end of Reply 88 my heart broke one million pieces and SIGNAL makes me slowly but steady to overpass that feeling.

The drama so far is Daebak and I can not understand why I see only 22 pages with comments.

I am waiting for the moment when woman detective will re-unite with the missing detective/lover( or she never admitted her love to him?) thru the walkie talkie.

I am waiting for the moment when the missing detective willguide them to the people responsible for his fate.

Still can  not figure out why he chose the young profiler as the bridge between past -present.

We know has to do with young profiler's brother's case and i can not wait to see what really happened.

@irilight
I have only seen him in action roles until now.
I have never seen him in such an emotional role. If anyone did, please share with us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember he appeared in two family drama.
-The Sons Of Sol Pharmacy House(2009, KBS2)
-I Believe in Love(2011, KBS2)
-Salut D’Amour(romantic movie, 2015)

I recommend you, 'The Sons Of Sol Pharmacy House' .
of course, he was not the main role. but in this drama, he is sad n fun.

The more im getting confused, the more im in love with the drama. LOL (",)  Perhaps i should rewatch eps 5 once again or maybe im just too sleepy by now.

Himneo PHY!! Cant wait how you solve this case this time. Cant wait for eps 6!!!!!  Cant wait....cant wait!!!!

Just watched episode 5. I've got so many questions?? >< 

- The latest transmission shows that it is too late in time to stop the death of the accused man's daughter, so it's up to the  current time police force to stop him. is it really too late??

- Why did accused man kidnap the lady- Was she saved before his daughter?

- It still hasn't been confirmed whether the accused is the burglar or not. 

Archived